Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Something being cute doesn't mean non-violent. Try messing with a real life owl or kangaroo, I dare you.

Quote Originally Posted by Flower Milk View Post
    TL;DR we're giant cash cows ladies. I mean ask yourself, how many women do you know that regularly make outside purchases to the game on cute pets/mounts/etc and how common would you say it is compared to how regularly you see men doing the same?
    I definitely see this. My wife talked me into playing a gacha game (onmyoji) with her for a little while before I promptly put it down because gacha games suck. The amount of money she wanted to blow on it and the amount of money the fellow ladies in our guild DID blow on it was astounding. It's like she didn't care about comparative value at all. Something is cute and she wants it? THE SKY IS THE LIMIT!

What I don't understand is how they manage to get all that money they do, though. I don't spend a dime on something unless
    1) I get a damn good deal
    2) the comparative value isn't utter garbage

She also spends an incredible amount on makeup, etc. She's a doctor, so she can afford her expensive tastes, but gah damn... the Oniomania is real.

Quote Originally Posted by Polybius View Post
    Something being cute doesn't mean non-violent. Try messing with a real life owl or kangaroo, I dare you.
    Too late, already been covered
    I don't care what something DOES. It's how it LOOKS that impacts my immersion. Cute furries are an abomination.
    My point is, they could have the most brutal, gory, harsh game that still has my little pony characters... and I'd still have 0 interest in playing it simply because looks are among the most important pieces of a game.
    Last edited by BeepBoo; 2019-12-06 at 07:02 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BeepBoo View Post
    Wolfs basically never look "cute" the same way a fucking brony or a panda does. Animals designed to kill are not furry in most cases (though, again, since panda they've pushed this, with the introduction of "cute" female worgens), though I don't support the addition of any non-wc3 MAIN non-gag races.

The panda... still looks like some fat fuck from kung fu panda...

The fact that a person with a Brony profile picture is attempting to argue with me that cute can be deadly and intimidating still is the icing on the cake.

- - - Updated - - -

It's not an all or nothing proposition. There are plenty of animals in the animal kingdom that are dangerous and scary, or at least neutral. Just stick to those. Anything that makes people go "AWWW KAWAII DESU NE!" can stay the fuck out of the game. That goes for: foxes, cats, pandas, puppies (not dogs, puppies), hamsters, etc.

I just typed "cute animals" into google and got basically everything on my list and more: kitten, panda, sloth, red panda, hedgehog, hamster, otter, any type of fox, seal, etc. It's not hard to tell if something is "cute" versus "fierce." Just dont... add... cute...
    Just lol. Animals are only perceived "cute" because we domesticate and anthropomorphize/idealize them.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    *snort* Furries? Piss off. You scared of anthropomorphic characters, then I'd suggest to stay away from a majority of MMO's. Even so, World of Warcraft has had anthro characters since its Warcraft days.

Fear? Why is it any time these topics come about people always project feelings unto others , no I don't have damn fear of this furry crap if anything they annoy me.
    If i wanted to be surrounded by cute pandas, cute little fox people , or whatever this :

is , I'd go play hello kitty adventures online or my little pony .

Yes there have always been anthropomorphic characters but would you call a furbolg "cute" , what about the cobolds ? the gnolls? the satyrs , worgen or the dryads and the half stags ... They are all high fantasy but they are designed to look badass not fucking barbie doll levels of cute kiddie fantasy.

How can a grown adult ever try to suggest another one to play these new expansion if when you show them the game they will see you surrounded by that stuff , i mean come on it would be embarassing as fuck

This

Is the same as the one above but it's not from damn pixieland and looks like it would eat the one above alive , again high fantasy but not hella gay at least.

Now go and look at pandaren concept art from blizzard , they look badass not winnie-the-pooh-like as the final product that ended up in game .

I don't believe in the myth of people younger than 15 playing this mmo today or starting to play it now because of the more light-hearted themes and looks...not in the slightest , so this stuff is targeted to weird grown ups.. and it must come from other weird grown ups working at blizz now
    Last edited by valax; 2019-12-06 at 07:20 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kemsa View Post
    I just wanted to traverse the forums peacefully see what topic its new to give my opinion...

and then @FelPlague just crushed my mental image of Owls being beautifull creatures... WTF was that, did it just kidnaped a fricking baby eagle?? wholy shit

A yes the topic..... you want a grim dark warcraft??? then go to the original, its call WARHAMMER... oh you want a grim dark future??? 40K WARHAMMER!!! its there...
    baby eagle? those are full sized hawk my boi.
    owls are the most horrifying creatyures in ancient history for a reason.
    some cultures beleived they were the birds of the reaper
    some beleived they were lost souls
    some beleived they would come for the dead
    some beleived they were literally a sign of death and if one stared at you, you were going to die
    if a sick person heard the screech of an owl outside their window, they were sure to die, this only confirmed by people then... giving up on them and just letting the person die.
    so on so forth.

for those who missed it. Owl scooping up a full sized hawk.
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2019-12-06 at 07:16 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    My ideas are objectively good

I definitely see this. My wife talked me into playing a gacha game (onmyoji) with her for a little while before I promptly put it down because gacha games suck. The amount of money she wanted to blow on it and the amount of money the fellow ladies in our guild DID blow on it was astounding. It's like she didn't care about comparative value at all. Something is cute and she wants it? THE SKY IS THE LIMIT!

What I don't understand is how they manage to get all that money they do, though. I don't spend a dime on something unless
    1) I get a damn good deal
    2) the comparative value isn't utter garbage

She also spends an incredible amount on makeup, etc. She's a doctor, so she can afford her expensive tastes, but gah damn... the Oniomania is real.

Too late, already been covered

My point is, they could have the most brutal, gory, harsh game that still has my little pony characters... and I'd still have 0 interest in playing it simply because looks are among the most important pieces of a game.
    What you just described about yourself is exactly what male consumers tend to be like according to studies. They are a lot more fickle and hard to appeal to, hence why you see a lot less advertisements targeted at men nowadays.

Quote Originally Posted by Flower Milk View Post
    What you just described about yourself is exactly what male consumers tend to be like according to studies. They are a lot more fickle and hard to appeal to, hence why you see a lot less advertisements targeted at men nowadays.
    That's entirely fair, I just know not everyone is a doctor like my wife, but they all seem to still SPEND like they are... I just question where and how they're getting the money to fund this stuff more than anything. Do women just not save as much? Invest? The money has to come from somewhere, and i find it usually comes from irresponsible decision making.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not an all or nothing proposition. There are plenty of animals in the animal kingdom that are dangerous and scary, or at least neutral. Just stick to those. Anything that makes people go "AWWW KAWAII DESU NE!" can stay the fuck out of the game. That goes for: foxes, cats, pandas, puppies (not dogs, puppies), hamsters, etc.

I just typed "cute animals" into google and got basically everything on my list and more: kitten, panda, sloth, red panda, hedgehog, hamster, otter, any type of fox, seal, etc. It's not hard to tell if something is "cute" versus "fierce." Just dont... add... cute...
    But it seems it is so?

Tauren - oddly enough, nothing because they are base.
    Worgen - REEEEEEEEE
    Pandaren - REEEEEEEEE
    Vulpera - REEEEEEEEE

Secondly, Panda's IRL ain't cute. They can be more ferocious than a normal damn bear. I know people who calls snakes for cute - there is no cute argument to hide behind.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

That's entirely fair, I just know not everyone is a doctor like my wife, but they all seem to still SPEND like they are... I just question where and how they're getting the money to fund this stuff more than anything. Do women just not save as much? Invest? The money has to come from somewhere, and i find it usually comes from irresponsible decision making.
    No, not really. Women spend more because they are the primary decision maker when it comes to the vast majority of household purchases. How often do you go to the grocery store VS your wife? How often do you make purchasing decisions regarding every day household items like cleaners, what brand of cheese or butter you buy VS your wife? When you add up all the purchasing decisions you make VS your wife, it makes complete sense why 85% of all consumer purchases are made by women and why 75% of women identify themselves as the primary shoppers for their households. It's less about irresponsible decision making, and more about who is making all the purchasing decisions for a household.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by valax View Post
    Fear? Why is it any time these topics come about people always project feelings unto others , no I don't have damn fear of this furry crap if anything they annoy me.
    If i wanted to be surrounded by cute pandas, cute little fox people , or whatever this :

is , I'd go play hello kitty adventures online or my little pony .

Yes there have always been anthropomorphic characters but would you call a furbolg "cute" , what about the cobolds ? the gnolls? the satyrs , worgen or the dryads and the half stags ... They are all high fantasy but they are designed to look badass not fucking barbie doll levels of cute kiddie fantasy.

How can a grown adult ever try to suggest another one to play these new expansion if when you show them the game they will see you surrounded by that stuff , i mean come on it would be embarassing as fuck

This

Is the same as the one above but it's not from damn pixieland and looks like it would eat the one above alive , again high fantasy but not hella gay at least.

Now go and look at pandaren concept art from blizzard , they look badass not winnie-the-pooh-like as the final product that ended up in game .

I don't believe in the myth of people younger than 15 playing this mmo today or starting to play it now because of the more light-hearted themes and looks...not in the slightest , so this stuff is targeted to weird grown ups.. and it must come from other weird grown ups working at blizz now
    So, there is a dormant fear.

Do you have a fear of feeling demasculinized? Sorry, but this is a fantasy game, if you don't take from multiple shelves, it'll go faster down the drain.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

WoW always has. It's not all orcs and swords and edgy buildings and raaaaa typical MMO.

When has WoW not had a cute element? I mean sure it doesn't have cat girls everywhere but come on. Also, death isn't always dark, brooding and edgy, death is also about rebirth and heaven, neither of which are what you seem to have been expecting a realm of death to be.

Play a gnome...

Literally. Play a fucking gnome.

- - - Updated - - -
    @valax

Literally watch the Chronicles of Narnia. Some of these creatures look the fucking same.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    So, there is a dormant fear.

Do you have a fear of feeling demasculinized? Sorry, but this is a fantasy game, if you don't take from multiple shelves, it'll go faster down the drain.
    Sigh .. again passive aggressive assumptions , no dummy I don't >>fear<< none of that I just dislike furry related stuff and I hate to see the devs add that to a game I've loved playing for 10+ years now . Shadowlands could have been an awesome dark themed expansion , yet even maldraxxus denizens look friendly goofy pals , after that we have the furries , then the dracula stereotype vampire guys and finally the righteous angels ofc .

Kyrians could have been interesting but i find funny how something conceptualized like this

ends up looking like this

I don't know yet what it is but they certainly look kinda off to me.

Edit : wait I think i got now what it makes them weird , they look more like humans than the actual warcraft humans just with a blue twist
    Last edited by valax; 2019-12-06 at 08:23 PM.

I'm surprised that this, thread hasn't been locked yet a war is literally going on here.

Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Play a gnome...

Literally. Play a fucking gnome.

- - - Updated - - -
    @valax

Literally watch the Chronicles of Narnia. Some of these creatures look the fucking same.
    Yeah , they went for maximum cringe factor

10+ Year Old Account
    Sigh .. again passive aggressive assumptions , no dummy I don't >>fear<< none of that I just dislike furry related stuff and I hate to see the devs add that to a game I've loved playing for 10+ years now . Shadowlands could have been an awesome dark themed expansion , yet even maldraxxus denizens look friendly goofy pals , after that we have the furries , then the dracula stereotype vampire guys and finally the righteous angels ofc .

Kyrians could have been interesting but i find funny how something conceptualized like this

ends up looking like this

I don't know yet what it is but they certainly look kinda off to me.

Edit : wait I think i got now what it makes them weird , they look more like humans than the actual warcraft humans just with a blue twist
    Well, the Kyrians WERE meant to look like the Spirit healers. Even so, you'll find that EVERY MMO CREATED would have a problem with you. Either a cute creation, or a more down low design or not all edgy or ferocious.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah , they went for maximum cringe factor
    In your crazy eyes maybe. They don't look cringy...at all.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Morbidius View Post
    While playing Shadowlands demo on Blizzcon, I've faced stewards of Kyryian covenant - owl-like humanoids. It felt mismatched to see such a cute species in the death realm.
    It's simply the model quality of today. If these guys had appeared in Vanilla WoW, they'd look similar to owlbeasts:

But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

Wolfs basically never look "cute" the same way a fucking brony or a panda does. Animals designed to kill are not furry in most cases (though, again, since panda they've pushed this, with the introduction of "cute" female worgens), though I don't support the addition of any non-wc3 MAIN non-gag races.

The panda... still looks like some fat fuck from kung fu panda...

The fact that a person with a Brony profile picture is attempting to argue with me that cute can be deadly and intimidating still is the icing on the cake.
    Pandaren are from Warcraft 3. Chen helped found Durotar.

And I'll argue the profile picture too. This used to be in my sig before they cut the original picture for being too big:

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nathanyel View Post
    It's simply the model quality of today. If these guys had appeared in Vanilla WoW, they'd look similar to owlbeasts:
    Gnomes also come to mind. They were always supposed to be small and cute looking, they just upped the polygons. Most of the "cuteness" is the side effect of characters being able to have an expression besides built in stinkface.

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.