Page 8 of 27 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    We dont need more classes. Better they make the current ones fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by durenas View Post
    Why do we need a new class every other expansion, though? Is there a point where we have too many classes to balance properly?
    I'll ask this same question to which there will be no reasonable answer to.

We don't need anymore classes. We're at a point now in WoW where they can finally start focusing on improving what we already have so that we're not relearning our class every expansion. We're FINALLY getting additional customization options for our characters which should've been a thing years ago. I'd rather see stuff like that than a new class or race right now.

There's room for maybe ONE more class and that's it. What it would be I don't know because I feel as far as classes go we've covered pretty much everything that you can come up with in a fantasy game. Anything now would just feel like a fourth spec to a class we already have and if you're going to add a completely new class you don't want that to happen. You want a class to feel original and different from the others.
    Last edited by Pony Soldier; 2019-12-06 at 07:22 PM.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

Because we don't need any more.
    Desktop ------------------------------- Laptop- Asus ROG Zephyrus G14
    AMD Ryzen 5 5600X CPU ---------------AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS with Radeon 680M graphics
    AMD RX 6600XT GPU -------------------AMD Radeon RX 6800S discrete graphics
    16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM ----------------16 GB DDR5-4800 RAM
    1 TB WD Black SN770 NVMe SSD ------1 TB WD Black SN850 NVMe SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard finally did something right and did not knee jerk react from the vocal minority.

We do not need new class. I count allied as new races, and we have a shit ton.

We need better game play

Why do we need a new class every other expansion, though? Is there a point where we have too many classes to balance properly?
    Is there a point where classes are ever balanced properly? This issue isn't tied to the addition of any new class. Look at BFA - no new class, still terrible balance and worse, pruned abilities. Can't blame the Demon Hunter on causing that.

On the other hand, Legion adds Demon Hunter and revamps a bunch of specs and gives everyone Artifact progression. Much better gameplay and much better balance than BFA or WoD (based on collective opinion).

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    People keep talking about balance like its super important, without realising for the majority of wow players, they just want FUN, engaging classes and specs, and balance really isnt a big concern.

A lot of terrible players hide behind "hur dur but mur class isnt balanced gud, its blizzards fault". Every season i laugh at the forums being full of "X spec is totally broken and literally unplayable!" and then method run 4 of X spec because they are so strong when played well.
    players rarely understand balancing the game results in a dull and boring game where no one is having fun. blizzard used to understand that because if you look at their tuning history back in earlier expansions it was more of a seesaw instead of turning the game into a line of equality. I used to be mad about it but then I realized balancing the game ( specially considering how many aspects WoW has in it ) only means dullness. well yes, some of the players were pissed off at some patches back in the day but a lot more had fun with their classes.

but then wow became competitive and everyone started to min/max the shit out of the game and exhausted themselves in the process.

Quote Originally Posted by LuminaL View Post
    players rarely understand balancing the game results in a dull and boring game where no one is having fun. blizzard used to understand that because if you look at their tuning history back in earlier expansions it was more of a seesaw instead of turning the game into a line of equality. I used to be mad about it but then I realized balancing the game ( specially considering how many aspects WoW has in it ) only means dullness. well yes, some of the players were pissed off at some patches back in the day but a lot more had fun with their classes.

but then wow became competitive and everyone started to min/max the shit out of the game and exhausted themselves in the process.
    Not often i find someone who agrees. Personally, i enjoyed classes the most when everyone was "ok" at everything, BUT, each spec had something they REALLY excelled at - for DPS it might be burst, split dps, ST, AOE, interupts, etc etc etc. For healers it might be the old tank healer Vs group healer, and for tanks it might be mitigating BIG hits vs smooth dmg intake overall Vs self healing.

I miss that

IDGAF what we need. It's a video game. It's not about what we NEED. It's about what people WANT. We don't "NEED" to play it. I WANT a new class. Shadowlands absolutely needed a Tinker, Bard, or Necromancer for me to even want to play it. But w/e. There's lots of other games out now.
    If we could all sit and talk without demonizing one another and attempt to understand the opposite point of view, the collective world would be a better place. Mental bigotry is the worst of all.

Quote Originally Posted by Sangfoudre View Post
    You may be a bit too dense to understand a lot of things. So I'll tell you this as I'll teach a 6yo.

Arenas are just 3v3 pvp. Not a feature.
    MM+ are just dungeons with a timer. Not a feature.
    Legion halls are just garrisons and quests. Not a feature
    Garrison are what? A feature. The so called worst and empty expansion brought a feature.
    Artifacts are just weapons (totally not original) plus removed talent trees. Not a feature.

The way you bitterly express yourself is not distinctive of an educated adult. If you cannot understand that putting a few bricks together can form something else than just a few bricks, there's nothing anyone can do for you (so you're not someone, you are a bunch of cells, nothing new and interesting).

But you have the right to think it's not interesting.
    We're at this level, eh? Go hide under you're rock. Your childish tantrums and insults have no place here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    -snip-
    1- i showed u a video of blizz own Q&A, link even exact moment where Ion said that only Kul'tirans used new animation (he was sitting on the left, in case u didn't read his name under his body), yet u still deny it and even insist on trolling, If blizz own employees don't convince u that all allied races as just reskins of already used sets in-game, who can?
    I'm seriously asking who can, or u just will keep trolling forever?
    2- if u want more ok, but don't claim it is better for game, the game will always have ppl go for most op racial, and there will always be best racial for pve or pvp
    3- the 'new' system is far lower than the older legion system, so that's less work, and azerite system is hated since day one, as for essence it is more accepted system but i didn't discuss it in first place
    4- it did
    5- i didn't 'change' it to gaming ceo, i don't know where did u even think i'll go on a gaming website, to discuss oil industry, i don't even know a single company in oil industry in the USA, as for this article, i never linked it once in my posts, i linked IGN report
    And according to them Bobby win as most overpayed ceo in USA, ur link show an australian guy out-top him, congratulation.. i bet KSA has even worse CEOs than Bobby like half of the royal family

Quote Originally Posted by Niroshi View Post
    All we know is that (paraphrasing) they couldn't come up with a class better suited to the theme than Death Knight, so they didn't add one. Everyone else is just throwing shit at the wall regarding balance and such.
    for better or worse that 'reason' doesn't stand when they introduced DH in Legion, he had only 2 specs, one of them cannibalized warlock demonolgy to exist
    they could introduced necromancer, take spells from other classes while giving them new design/spells, and even give him 2 specs, 1 healer 1 ranged dps
    the game NEEDS ranged dps, and blizz answer was make it even 1 less spec (wtf?)

Quote Originally Posted by Zillbert View Post
    Honestly if I had it my way, I wouldn't have added Monks at all and just had DK & DH be the extra "hero classes" available. They can hardly balance the existing classes at all, we don't need another thing to come fuck with that.
    at least monk was added with healing spec, which something game need
    what game doesn't need now is tank or melee spec, healer ok but we NEED ranged dps, there are many guild recruiting ranged dps but never enough
    Last edited by sam86; 2019-12-06 at 09:04 PM.
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Probably because Blizzard already have their hands full designing and balancing 12 classes, without adding a 13th.

Mind you, I don't think this should have stopped them, personally. But it is probably the reason why.

This. We don't need more Classes because Blizzard already struggles with what they have.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    1- i showed u a video of blizz own Q&A, link even exact moment where Ion said that only Kul'tirans used new animation (he was sitting on the left, in case u didn't read his name under his body), yet u still deny it and even insist on trolling, If blizz own employees don't convince u that all allied races as just reskins of already used sets in-game, who can?
    I'm seriously asking who can, or u just will keep trolling forever?
    2- if u want more ok, but don't claim it is better for game, the game will always have ppl go for most op racial, and there will always be best racial for pve or pvp
    3- the 'new' system is far lower than the older legion system, so that's less work, and azerite system is hated since day one, as for essence it is more accepted system but i didn't discuss it in first place
    4- it did
    5- i didn't 'change' it to gaming ceo, i don't know where did u even think i'll go on a gaming website, to discuss oil industry, i don't even know a single company in oil industry in the USA, as for this article, i never linked it once in my posts, i linked IGN report
    And according to them Bobby win as most overpayed ceo in USA, ur link show an australian guy out-top him, congratulation.. i bet KSA has even worse CEOs than Bobby like half of the royal family

for better or worse that 'reason' doesn't stand when they introduced DH in Legion, he had only 2 specs, one of them cannibalized warlock demonolgy to exist
    they could introduced necromancer, take spells from other classes while giving them new design/spells, and even give him 2 specs, 1 healer 1 ranged dps
    the game NEEDS ranged dps, and blizz answer was make it even 1 less spec (wtf?)

at least monk was added with healing spec, which something game need
    what game doesn't need now is tank or melee spec, healer ok but we NEED ranged dps, there are many guild recruiting ranged dps but never enough
    1. no you didnt link that video before, this is the FIRST TIME you have linked that, yet here you are claiming you linked it before but, you JUST did. but guess what, that is no longer true, as with the newer allied races they have gotten new animations, zandalari also got new animations, and since then the vulpera, and the mechagnomes both new animations, cause again, what kinda gnomes have claw hands currently? and again "It shares animations" does not mean reskin.

2.Your the one who used it to prove BFA had less then legion, you said "bfa has less then legion, no new talent row" stop trying to pin stuff on me dude, everyone can see your past posts, and see you just keep pointing out thing after thing that are right out false, made up by you.

3."Far lower" what? its far better, what the bloody heck are you talking about? it gives you more choice, as you can use any 3, instead of being forced into rows.

4. "Blizzard hiring for Community Managers after firing Community Managers" Funny, community managers are not developers, stop making up shit.

"He is the most overpayed CEO in USA history."
    Then when i proved you wrong, by showing you he is #45 CURRENTLY
    you changed it to

which i then pointed out is ALSO WRONG

And yet here you are saying you havnt just right out lied and changed what your saying constantly.

You need to stop.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

I was on my phone. Didn't really care to go back to fix it. People who dislike the best class in the game aren't worth the effort.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    This. We don't need more Classes because Blizzard already struggles with what they have.
    If they had added a new class instead of arguing in a 10 page thread about how unfair it is that we didn't get a new class, we'd instead have a 50 page thread with the same people complaining that the new class is "too OP" or "not OP enough," or my personal favorite, "too similar to {x-class} that already exists."

It's a never ending cycle of bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    If they had added a new class instead of arguing in a 10 page thread about how unfair it is that we didn't get a new class, we'd instead have a 50 page thread with the same people complaining that the new class is "too OP" or "not OP enough," or my personal favorite, "too similar to {x-class} that already exists."

It's a never ending cycle of bullshit.
    Sadly it's true. I ran into a thread by chance last night where the OP was saying "Shadowlands must be a filler expansion" because the only feature announced was Covenants, meanwhile had similar posts for BFA and Legion in previous announcements. People will always find a reason to complain, Blizzard is damned if they do and damned if they don't, I just wish they'd go back to making content that they felt was great rather than trying to appease the masses that will never be happy with anything they do.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

Add Necromancer: Strip abilities from DK and warlock.
    Add Runemaster: Strip abilities from Shaman, maybe Arms Warrior and DK.
    Add Tinkerer: Slim down Engineering a lot. Strip some from hunter.
    Add Dark Ranger: Strip from Hunter, perhaps warlock/Spriest.

What could they even add?

Quote Originally Posted by meowfurion View Post
    . It's not about what we NEED. It's about what people WANT. . Shadowlands absolutely needed a Tinker, Bard, or Necromancer.
    Whoa, what a roller-coaster of logic! I hope you did some stretches before typing that out.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dastreus View Post
    Add Necromancer: Strip abilities from DK and warlock.
    Add Runemaster: Strip abilities from Shaman, maybe Arms Warrior and DK.
    Add Tinkerer: Slim down Engineering a lot. Strip some from hunter.
    Add Dark Ranger: Strip from Hunter, perhaps warlock/Spriest.

What could they even add?
    What did Monk strip abilities from?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    Struggles how?

5+ Year Old Account
    Let the devs give the already existing classes a full scope to see their weaknesses and strong points instead of adding, yet another broken 2 button class to be turned on a fricking resource spender class.

Just relax chill out, Level squish will come with YET another ILVL squish and Stat Squish, wich mean a reset in rotations and second stats. So instead of "oh god blizz didnt give us a new class" we should be worried about every single change to the Specs and Classes.

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    Struggles how?
    Have you played a Shadow Priest in the last three years?

i'm only half joking