Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    Is that right? I have all 12 of em. Fun quests too. I expect it's because most players don't have maximum level characters of every class. That will probably change a lot with the 9.0 patch speeding up leveling dramatically and making it more fun too.
    I think people will be in for a surprise if they think leveling will be sped up just from the squish alone.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Biske View Post
    I don't have the druid one because I think it looks stupid as hell.
    Doesn't count as a mount anyways, a lot passed up on that bird.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    You dont see a problem >.<? The only reason why it exsist is because of Blizzards own created problems, by having poor game design that increased inflation since MOP. And then there soloution is to remove the souloution to said problem. Never remove collectibles from wow should be obvious game design by now.
    I dont see a problem, it's only a mount .... we don't need a solution for a fucking mount ... you know.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Idk, i know many people who have rather easily made millions in BFA
    there is quite a few ways to do so. mostly to do with herbs. even legion herbs still sell well.
    yeah, but that is much more work than to use your phone in Wod and Legion to make thousands of gold per day with little to no effort. Also the economy depends on the server. if you are on a server with low prices you had it pretty hard (dare I say it was impossible) to get the 5000000 in just BfA, without using Bots, selling carryruns or buying tokens.

Quote Originally Posted by Hctaz View Post
    Like hell, I didn't make 2 million gold in Legion and I played that game 10 hours a day every single day for the entire expansion LOL.
    Legion's change from AP to gold for capped players happened very late into the expansion, so raw gold from playing was not that much over the whole expansion. BfA is completly different and much closer to WoD in RAW gold amounts for casual stuff that is repeatable by all your toons.
    -

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LordVargK View Post
    yeah, but that is much more work than to use your phone in Wod and Legion to make thousands of gold per day with little to no effort. Also the economy depends on the server. if you are on a server with low prices you had it pretty hard (dare I say it was impossible) to get the 5000000 in just BfA, without using Bots, selling carryruns or buying tokens.
    You should check out soul so breezy, he has a good videos on it.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by Ange View Post
    Legion's change from AP to gold for capped players happened very late into the expansion, so raw gold from playing was not that much over the whole expansion. BfA is completly different and much closer to WoD in RAW gold amounts for casual stuff that is repeatable by all your toons.
    BfA is nowhere near WoD levels of raw gold gain. The now "defunct" garrison is still considered to be the one of the best raw gold farming methods one could ever take part in. Legion tried to rein it back down a bit with the order halls but you were able to gain quite a considerable amount of gold in that expansion throughout its lifetime due to various changes.

BfA is kind of like a recession compared to WoD and Legion. The raw gold farming methods that are available are not nearly as efficient as the ones that came before.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiwack View Post
    I think people will be in for a surprise if they think leveling will be sped up just from the squish alone.

- - - Updated - - -

Doesn't count as a mount anyways, a lot passed up on that bird.
    Yeah I'm seeing this mentality of great 1 to 60 will be easy to level alts now. Nothing suggests that. They could make it even slower if they wanted

You should check out soul so breezy, he has a good videos on it.
    yeah, maybe impossible was exaggerated. thank you for showing me the channel!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    It's funny how out of many absolutely bogus arguments that people use about Blizzard being a predatory company that employs scummy tactics, the only one that actually is kind of shitty gets defended so much by the same people that usually cry about such things. All because they are the rich ones and were able to afford it quickly

If you're okay with the ah mount getting removed, you're not allowed to whine about any cash shop mount introduced in the future, ever
    Okay.

10chars

I found Legion to be much more generous with gold than WoD, especially in the later patches.

Every gold Order Hall mission in Legion was guaranteed to give ~3k gold and you'd get a few of them every day on every character. In WoD the Garrison missions that gave a few thousand gold were much rarer (once every few days, if that), you'd more often only get a few hundred gold per mission, and that was only if you used multiple followers with the Treasure Hunter trait.

The world quests in Legion were also much more generous with gold than in BFA, and stacking the extra-gold-per-WQ follower equipment on your bodyguard added a few hundred gold onto every single world quest that you did.

Legion also had Blood of Sargeras drop almost everywhere, which you could use to buy lots of herbs/ores/order hall resources from the Blood vendor; a single Blood of Sargeras was worth several hundred gold if you bought the right herbs/ores, and you'd get multiple tens of Bloods per day.

I made much more gold in Legion than I did in WoD, although I did start late in WoD (just before patch 6.2), so I was a bit behind with stacking Treasure Hunter followers.

Blizzard: What if we never removed anything from the game?

Community: *loud screeching noises*

Blizzard: Okay, so...what if we removed only some things?

Community: Great, way to prove you're a greedy company that preys on the .0001% of your community obsessed with collecting everything at all costs!

Quote Originally Posted by Biske View Post
    I don't have the druid one because I think it looks stupid as hell.
    I totally agree, and just don't use it. You can switch back in the druid OH.

Regarding leveling speed, we know it will be much faster, because the devs said so at Blizzcon. They said 60-70% faster, which is huge.

Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    First of all, here is the link: https://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/...inable-in-901/

I just haft to laugh. Cause in the next expansion I would bet money, that a new game-changing gold sink will appear. They are a bunch of hypocrites. First he says they want a slow amount of gold inflation, but then they make game systems (First being soloing raids for a lot of gold, later WOD and legion table missions and world quests etc) that creates inflation problems, and their solution is making things on a vendor cost a lot.

Im sorry, but damn. I can understand they dont like having Brutosaur everywhere (Removes the snowflake concept, which I personally dont care too much about), but to remove it cause of there own created problems`? I personally make a lot of gold in wow, so I bought it a long time ago, but people who want it 1-10?? years from now will always feel like they missed out. I have this feeling with say the MOP molten core anniversary event - I unsubbed for a short while it was going on, kinda didnt follow the wow news cycle in time, and poof...Nope, no core mount for you, cause Blizzard think its good design to remove content.
    Oddly the main reason i don't like the mount it's to dam big i like big but man they went overboard with it so i don't care if it goes away at all rather have my blizzard balance or wow tokens instead.

Oh it's way too big to use as an actual mount. It's just an auction house.

While I don't like the long boi decision, in light of it going against precedent and being poorly justified, I don't have a problem with the concept overall. If anything, I'm strongly in support of "prestige" items that are no longer obtainable. Bragging rights is essentially the only form of a currency that matters in any game, and it is the final form of any achievement in them.

And in terms of inflation, it's necessary. Wow's economy is so volatile and tiny that having a long term deflation would simply destroy it.

Quote Originally Posted by LordVargK View Post
    Blizzard is basically saying: there will be a time where 5 million gold will be as much worth as 20.000 gold was in WotLK. This is an inflation of over 100% each year. (20,000g*2^10=2048000), assuming 10 years between release of mammoth and brontosaurus. Which is pretty outrageous. And Blizz seems to be okay with it, they see it as "healty". These are not quite venezuelian values, but we'll get there, I have faith!

Seriously. They take the easy way out here. Instead of combating inflation they combat the aftereffects. Their first mistake was to raise the goldcap to 10 million. If the 100% inflation rate stays, then they will have to increase the cap to 100 million soon.

With this statement Blizz basically says: "It's quite likely that we will make the same mistakes as in WoD and Legion again and flood the economy with more gold than the players can spend. So we remove Premium mounts before that happens."
    It's no logical reasoning, it's admitting defeat on Blizzard's end.

And even their "reasoning" is off: They don't want everyone to run around with an AH. Fine. But AH does mean little without an Mailbox. And they throw portable mailboxes around like confetti. New race? mailbox. Achievement? mailbox. But you gotta sell those racechanges somehow...
    if income keeps pace with inflation then thats called wealth growth

so, idk, who cares?

Which is fine, but are you suggesting that somebody entering BfA with 200k gold would be able to feasibly make 5 mil?

Quote Originally Posted by lyphe View Post
    You are confusing how you get gold - with having the opportunity to earn/buy something while playing BFA.
    No, I am not. You simply said "Actually playing BFA". This implies playing the content, etc. Making 5 million gold through AH / tokens isn't playing BFA content.

It's simple. If you are playing now and you have the gold, you can get it.
    That's still not the same as "actually playing BFA means you can get the mount". It only means you need to be subbed at some point during BFA so you can make the purchase and has nothing to do with playing BFA.

Are you now expecting Blizz to take responsibility for your ability to earn gold?
    No one said that. You simply said play BFA which playing the content does not give you 5 million gold. You are trying to compare the two and say they are the same.

And if you don't like your realm, transfer. You really are looking to over-complicate something that is not very complicated.
    Sure, you want to pay for me to transfer all my toons and my friends toons? Yeah, no. The amount of money I could spend tranferring my toons that I play I could just buy the tokens and buy the mount that way. Which again isn't playing the content. It's not over complicating things as it is pointing out that you were wrong and that playing BFA has absolutely nothing to do with the mount other than time of purchase.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Yeah I'm seeing this mentality of great 1 to 60 will be easy to level alts now. Nothing suggests that. They could make it even slower if they wanted
    Here you go, buddy. This was free to watch btw. 18:10
    https://youtu.be/6OHDAwg-Tw4?t=1091

Thing is they tried to change it, they planned a change to make it so stuff wasnt "removed from the game" anymore, but guess what? players had a MASSIVE flipout, to the mount that they were forced to give up on the change.
    I've heard a few people say this now....but with very little detail. How did blizz intend to change things, and what was the flipout based on?

Not baiting here. Genuinely curious. I have strong opinions on the cash shop, of course. But this is the first Ive heard of this particular case, and I try to make a habit of considering new info to see if it changes my views.