Cool Is "road to 70" buff as good as I think it is?

So I've returned to FFXIV for the first time since 4 months into ARR when I passed through it at ARR launch on a WoW hiatus, I've rolled a new character, and I have this "road to 70" buff. If I'm understanding this right... does that mean I can like... get every class to mid 60's at full bonus before going further?

Before anyone tells me that's crazy... this is a secondary MMO that I'm playing in off times from my primary game, and I really just love the world and am not in a hurry to get to the level cap. That being said, are there caveats to this buff that I don't know but others might know to pass on to me here? Because for an altoholic (that translates into a single-character job completionist in FFXIV) this seems like paradise!

Yes you can and no it isn't crazy. The buff can feel borderline insane at times gaining 2-3 levels after normal Ifrit etc.

Yup it sure does.

Its such a cool bonus, I really wish I had it haha. Lets you try out a ton of different jobs to see what you like. Go crazy and find something you like!

(Yes I know I can get it if I switch servers but that's not happening :P)

Quote Originally Posted by Omedon View Post
    That being said, are there caveats to this buff that I don't know but others might know to pass on to me here? Because for an altoholic (that translates into a single-character job completionist in FFXIV) this seems like paradise!
    Just be aware that it expires 90 days after it starts. If FFXIV is a secondary MMO and you only pop in once in a while, it might not take you as far down the path of raising multiple jobs as you're currently projecting.

Quote Originally Posted by Zapolix View Post
    Just be aware that it expires 90 days after it starts. If FFXIV is a secondary MMO and you only pop in once in a while, it might not take you as far down the path of raising multiple jobs as you're currently projecting.
    Ah, ok! Well in a way that’s good because otherwise I might never see shadowbringers while it’s current! Knowing there’s an end point, and to prioritize my main job(s) gives me a bit of direction and something to look forward to when the buff goes away! Thanks for letting me know!
    Last edited by Omedon; 2019-12-07 at 02:33 PM.

Doesn't it work on the crafting jobs too? Been a bit since I made a new toon with the buff.

Quote Originally Posted by vom View Post
    Doesn't it work on the crafting jobs too? Been a bit since I made a new toon with the buff.
    Yes, it made crafting bearable to level prior to the changes, don't think crafting should be too bad right now though, a lot of people seem to level through the new content they added.

Quote Originally Posted by Omedon View Post
    So I've returned to FFXIV for the first time since 4 months into ARR when I passed through it at ARR launch on a WoW hiatus, I've rolled a new character, and I have this "road to 70" buff. If I'm understanding this right... does that mean I can like... get every class to mid 60's at full bonus before going further?

Before anyone tells me that's crazy... this is a secondary MMO that I'm playing in off times from my primary game, and I really just love the world and am not in a hurry to get to the level cap. That being said, are there caveats to this buff that I don't know but others might know to pass on to me here? Because for an altoholic (that translates into a single-character job completionist in FFXIV) this seems like paradise!
    It's awesome. However, it only lasts for 90 days or until the server stops using it. I was like wtf..it's gone. Then found out about the 90 day duration or server stops being prefered.
    Last edited by Muajin76; 2019-12-09 at 06:44 AM.
    The hunter hoe with the least beloe.

Quote Originally Posted by Muajin76 View Post
    It's awesome. However, it only lasts for 90 days or until the server stops using it. I was like wtf..it's gone. Then found out about the 90 day duration or server stops being prefered.
    Yeah I'm being strategic with how I'm using it, focusing my main non-tank class through the story (because tanks just own the open world should I have to use leves or whatever) then crafting classes. I'll have lots of time over the next 90 days while "the other game" is in somewhat of a lame duck phase.