Page 22 of 63 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by NED funded View Post
    Voting for the lesser evil is still evil

Just saying. Vote how you want
    This is not Clinton vs Trump.

Oh wait, nvm, you consider anything left of Pinochet to be 'evil'.

10+ Year Old Account

That doesn't really work when you're under FPTP.

It's a poor tactic to vote for your most preferred candidate over the one most likely to keep the seat from those you like the least.

Quote Originally Posted by CommunismWillWin View Post
    This is not Clinton vs Trump.

Oh wait, nvm, you consider anything left of Pinochet to be 'evil'.
    I literally just told him he should vote for whoever he agrees the most and not just vote AGAINST someone.

Not sure what Pinochet has to do with this

10+ Year Old Account

this is true, but for this election only I am voting to help keep Borris out. Had the stakes not been so high I would have kept voting for my usual party. Maybe if Labour get in and next election comes around I'll go back to voting as usual.

I literally just told him he should vote for whoever he agrees the most and not just vote AGAINST someone.

Not sure what Pinochet has to do with this
    It's FPTP, you vote against not for in this type.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CostinR View Post
    If that is the case then Labor has to lose this current election so that Brexit is done.
    Brexit will NEVER be just "done" unless we just stop it altogether. This whole bullshit just needs to stop pretending like taking Boris's useless fucking INTERIM deal is the end of it. It's not. Not even close.

Best thing so far from Mr Johnathan Pie.

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pvt Hudson View Post
    Best thing so far from Mr Johnathan Pie.
    I just watched this too. He's basically all of us right now, totally understand the frustrations and anger. lol...

7+ Year Old Account
    And the winner of the most unpopular leader of a major UK party EVER, since records began, goes to? Oh Jeremy Corbyn...

13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

And the winner of the most unpopular leader of a major UK party EVER, since records began, goes to? Oh Jeremy Corbyn...

Yes and the Tories are ahead by 24 points! yougov.co.uk/topics/politics/articles-reports/2017/04/20/voting-intention-conservatives-48-labour-24-18-1

Oh wait, that was 2017 when the government ended up losing its majority and none of these bullshit polls were proven to be accurate, as in 2015, as with the Brexit vote itself, the Scottish referendum etc etc ad infinitum.

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    my guess from afar in europe: it will be close again, no majorities which will not crumble at the earliest opportunity.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrandir View Post
    Yes and the Tories are ahead by 24 points! yougov.co.uk/topics/politics/articles-reports/2017/04/20/voting-intention-conservatives-48-labour-24-18-1

Oh wait, that was 2017 when the government ended up losing its majority and none of these bullshit polls were proven to be accurate, as in 2015, as with the Brexit vote itself, the Scottish referendum etc etc ad infinitum.
    Conveniently leaving out that the Fib Dems were on 7% in 2017 unlike now, having taken most from Labour, on 14%. 2019 is not 2017. You momentum guys crack me up, less than a week to go and you with Corbyn are gone for good. Can Labour ever pick itself up out of the gutter from the damage you lot have done to a once decent party?

I don't see a new saviour like Blair coming down the track to moderate, and even beat, the tories, it's your only hope as Britain lurches to the right under brexit Boris.

Labour would do better under Michael Foot...

Labour is on course for its worst election result since 1983

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...-a9232271.html

So is there life for Labour after Corbyn, or the dustbin of political history? It's openly being talked about.
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    Conveniently leaving out that the Fib Dems were on 7% in 2017 unlike now, having taken most from Labour, on 14%. 2019 is not 2017. You momentum guys crack me up, less than a week to go and you with Corbyn are gone for good. Can Labour ever pick itself up out of the gutter from the damage you lot have done to a once decent party?
    I'm not a member of momentum or even the Labour party actually.

Mostly I've been of the opinion that Boris would appeal to really stupid working class people enough that he would win comfortably, and I still think that. But you must be getting really nervous about the way he's trying to mess the whole thing up after getting creamed in another debate.

Bear in mind that Labour have a 300% advantage on their ground game due to a much larger party membership. The Tories have a lead of around 10% in the average of the polls. Can Labour make up 4% on the day, 6% being the hung parliament threshold? It is not inconceivable with that type of machine. Then there's the winter factor-tends to put off elderly tories from going out. Then you have the unprecedented amount of young Labour voters registering. I'd be shitting bricks if I were you.

Corbyn CRUSHED last night. Less than a week to go and we can finally rid ourselves of this UK hating, anti-western, terrorist loving anti-semite once and for all.

VOTE CONSERVATIVE.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Scrandir View Post
    I'm not a member of momentum or even the Labour party actually.

Mostly I've been of the opinion that Boris would appeal to really stupid working class people enough that he would win comfortably, and I still think that. But you must be getting really nervous about the way he's trying to mess the whole thing up after getting creamed in another debate.

Bear in mind that Labour have a 300% advantage on their ground game due to a much larger party membership. The Tories have a lead of around 10% in the average of the polls. Can Labour make up 4% on the day, 6% being the hung parliament threshold? It is not inconceivable with that type of machine. Then there's the winter factor-tends to put off elderly tories from going out. Then you have the unprecedented amount of young Labour voters registering. I'd be shitting bricks if I were you.
    Dumb left-wing cunt.
    Last edited by Reyuna; 2019-12-07 at 03:06 PM.

Aren't older people more likely to go out and vote due to it being more ingrained as a thing to do? Whenever I've visited a polling station it's almost always filled with older folk with younger people being more of a rarity. Maybe that'll change this time around, though I doubt it. There's a lot of people who like to play the role of keyboard activists but when it actually involves going out and doing stuff they make excuses.

Quote Originally Posted by Reyuna View Post
    Corbyn CRUSHED last night. Less than a week to go and we can finally rid ourselves of this UK hating, anti-western, terrorist loving anti-semite once and for all.

VOTE CONSERVATIVE.
    Watch out everyone, the Daily Mail has become sentient. Well, almost.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

Quote Originally Posted by Aruktai View Post
    Aren't older people more likely to go out and vote due to it being more ingrained as a thing to do? Whenever I've visited a polling station it's almost always filled with older folk with younger people being more of a rarity. Maybe that'll change this time around, though I doubt it. There's a lot of people who like to play the role of keyboard activists but when it actually involves going out and doing stuff they make excuses.
    I think the idea is that most elections take place in May or June which are far warmer months, so the usual over-representation of older people won't be as strong; but I could have misunderstood. So yes, older people are still more likely to go out and vote, but not as many older people as usual. Whether enough to make much of a difference, pff I doubt but we'll see.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by Rochana View Post
    Can someone explain me what is wrong with people?

Has feudalism been bred into our genes?

"We want our leaders to be untrustworthy and out of touch, the way leaders are supposed to be".

I'm baffled.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

Quote Originally Posted by Reyuna View Post
    I can only guess you didnt watch the debate. Bumbling boris came across like the bullingdon club clown that he is. Offered nothing other than meaningless soundbites, but thats all the conservatives have to offer after a decade of running our country into the ground.

Quote Originally Posted by Huehuecoyotl View Post
    Watch out everyone, the Daily Mail has become sentient. Well, almost.
    Even the Daily Mail isn't that confused when it comes to the use or non-use of hyphens.

Moving on (before I'm reported for trolling by someone who doesn't like my crudely-drawn penes)...

A new poll shows the Tory lead has been cut to just 6%!

Without tactical voting, this would translate to a 10-seat Conservative majority – based on Electoral Calculus seat prediction methodology.

But with tactical voting, based on Remain United research (Savanta ComRes polling) which found 43% of Remain voters intend to vote tactically, the live seat predictions incorporating tactical voting swing are:

Con 312 Lab 250 Lib Dem 15 Brexit 0 Green 1 SNP 51 Plaid Cymru 3 – this would mean hung parliament and an opportunity for the opposition to form a government.

The obvious problem being that Swinson has said the Lib Dems won't work with Corbyn, although Sturgeon and the SNP will.

So, even in the unlikely (I don't really take the above poll too seriously - my personal feeling is that is not indicative of the way the wind is blowing) event of a Labour-led coalition how would it actually work?

In b4 “but there’s going to be a Labour majority”. No, there won’t. Not unless some rogue TV engineer goes all subliminal messaging on the proles watching I’m A Celebrity.