Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    5+ Year Old Account
    What makes you think she had the ability to escape?
    She was literally a slave that was elevated to slave wife. Titanization has been shown to not be a fool-proof immunity to anything. Eren, Ymir, Reiner, etc have all been seriously injured or captured despite the OP elements of their unique abilities. And we don't know how long it took her to learn her abilities with any skill. Her children could have also been used against her and all that still doesn't count her psychological trauma.

That's not bad writing. There are other parts of this arc that are "iffy", but Ymir's abuse mentality is pretty grounded in reality.
    Moderator of the General Off-Topic, Politics, Lore, and RP Forums
    "If you have any concerns, let me know via PM. I'll do my best to assist you."

Quote Originally Posted by Rozz View Post
    What makes you think she had the ability to escape?
    She was literally a slave that was elevated to slave wife. Titanization has been shown to not be a fool-proof immunity to anything. Eren, Ymir, Reiner, etc have all been seriously injured or captured despite the OP elements of their unique abilities. And we don't know how long it took her to learn her abilities with any skill. Her children could have also been used against her and all that still doesn't count her psychological trauma.

That's not bad writing. There are other parts of this arc that are "iffy", but Ymir's abuse mentality is pretty grounded in reality.
    The fact she could take down entire armies and when she got the power kind says she could escape whenever she felt like it. The fact the power meant she was treated better. Why not take that farther? Yes but what kills them is a hit to the neck not a hit to the chest. They can recover from that. I know but the writer didn't show that which would've been better. This arc feels rushed and whenever I bring that up people get their panties in a bunch.

Her being in danger or the children being threatened would've been a lot better but the writer rushed things.

Someone with ultimate power being a slave for 2000 years and making a non exist effort to rebel is fucking realistic... Also talk no justu saving Eren ass at the end of the day was fucking dumb.

I can like roast any manga but this one. I've been on the black clover sub reddit and said power up are to plenty and the nani his real power lebel is ugh ah. Shit gets kind of annoying. People agreed and we moved on but go on the aots sub reddit and do anything but call Eren the greatest mc of all time and you get downvoted to oblivion.
    Last edited by Varvara Spiros Gelashvili; 2019-11-16 at 04:11 PM.
    Violence Jack Respects Women!

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ViolenceJackRespectsWomen View Post
    The fact she could take down entire armies and when she got the power she was treated better. Why not take that farther? Yes but what kills them is a hit to the neck not a hit to the chest. They can recover from that. I know but he didn't show that which would have been better. This arc feels rushed and whenever I bring that up being get there panties in a bunch.

Someone with ultimate power being a slave for 2000 years and making a non exist effort to rebel is fucking realistic. Also talk no justu saving Eren as at the end of the day was fucking dumb. Zeke had precedent but ugh gah argh I'm Eren talk no justu saving the day is great writing.

I can like roast any manga but this one. I've been on the black clover sub reddit and said power up are to plenty and the nani his real power lebel is ugh ah. Shit gets kind of annoying. People agreed and we moved on but go on the aots sub reddit and do anything but call Eren the greatest mc of all time and you get downvoted to oblivion.
    Because she doesn't have ultimate power and the 2000yr powerhouse claim is hyperbolic? The entire point of those chapters and the last two showed us the legends weren't 100% true. During her short life, she had trauma that made her submit to the King and bear him children. When she died, she manifested in the paths realm as a literal slave to the royal family coordinate holder. She was never the sublime goddess, she was never all powerful, etc. Historia purposefully mirrors Ymir, because they were both slaves to authority and ideology until Eren freed them (metaphorically and literally).

I don't know what the rest of your post is saying and I'm not sure what you're even complaining about. She was a child slave, died in her 20s as a slave-wife, then served in a dimension without time as another slave, and you think it's stupid she still thinks with slave mentality? That is the easiest thing to digest compared to all the other stuff happening. Like I get it, some stuff is wacky but the ymir thing is pretty easy to swallow compared to Reiner's 9 lives.

Because she doesn't have ultimate power and the 2000yr powerhouse claim is hyperbolic? The entire point of those chapters and the last two showed us the legends weren't 100% true. During her short life, she had trauma that made her submit to the King and bear him children. When she died, she manifested in the paths realm as a literal slave to the royal family coordinate holder. She was never the sublime goddess, she was never all powerful, etc. Historia purposefully mirrors Ymir, because they were both slaves to authority and ideology until Eren freed them (metaphorically and literally).

I don't know what the rest of your post is saying and I'm not sure what you're even complaining about. She was a child slave, died in her 20s as a slave-wife, then served in a dimension without time as another slave, and you think it's stupid she still thinks with slave mentality? That is the easiest thing to digest compared to all the other stuff happening. Like I get it, some stuff is wacky but the ymir thing is pretty easy to swallow compared to Reiner's 9 lives.
    As a slave but Eren freed her with a speech and a hug. She is pretty fucking all powerful right now. She can kind of end the whole world. Eren didn't free historia she freed herself. She betrayed her father not Eren also Ymir did a lot more than Eren. Yes, because she rebelled in the end. The spear wasn't enough to kill her even the king admits that. They need to be hit in the neck not the heart. We just simply disagree than.

He had a ton of leverage to keep her in line and make an interesting plot but just kind of opted out of it. Him kidnapping and corrupting the kids would've been good writing. She fights to get them back but they're so fucked up and afraid of the father they rebel against her but yurr a slave to be a slave despite being a literal god. Is weak. I mean apparently she could create life, rivers, and moutains. I mean that's pretty close to godly we also don't know the original titans age limit because she just kind of gave up at 13 years.

Now that she exist in that realm, I mean she is kind of immortal in a way.
    Last edited by Varvara Spiros Gelashvili; 2019-11-16 at 04:34 PM.

5+ Year Old Account
    As a slave but Eren freed her with a speech and a hug. She pretty fucking all powerful right now. She can kind of end the whole world. Eren didn't free historia she freed herrself. She betrayed her father not Eren also Ymir did a lot more than Eren. Yes, because she rebelled in the end. The spear wasn't enough to kill her even the king admits that. They need to be hit in the neck not the heart. We just simply disagree than.

He had a ton of leverage to keep her in line and making an interesting plot but just kind of opt out of it. Him kidnapping and corrupting the kids would've been good writing. She fights to get them back but they're so fucked up and afraid of the father they rebel against her but yurr a slave to be a slave is weak.
    I believe Eren to be an influential catalyst for Historia, just as much as Ymir. In that case their words gave her the push she needed, that's the same with the real Ymir too.
    Also I think you're misunderstanding something. We don't know if she can end the whole world on her own, as Eren is the one imposing the plan that she's likely only helping him complete. We've never seen her create/build outside of given suggestions/orders. So this could be all Eren intent/action with her support. I'm not sure how much power she has on her own, without someone living to work through.

As for interesting plot, I think he just wants to keep her story vague. Some of that feels implied due to the setting already and may be expanded on in side pieces/adaptations.

I believe Eren to be an influential catalyst for Historia, just as much as Ymir. In that case their words gave her the push she needed, that's the same with the real Ymir too.
    Also I think you're misunderstanding something. We don't know if she can end the whole world on her own, as Eren is the one imposing the plan that she's likely only helping him complete. We've never seen her create/build outside of given suggestions/orders. So this could be all Eren intent/action with her support. I'm not sure how much power she has on her own, without someone living to work through.

As for interesting plot, I think he just wants to keep her story vague. Some of that feels implied due to the setting already and may be expanded on in side pieces/adaptations.
    She saved Zeke randomly, So I'd argue she has some freedom and can interfere. Nah, I think he just rushing it and I hope we get a 3 hour movie or a longer season 4/5. To help address some of this shit. This is just gantz all over again. I'm not gonna make excuses for him but feel free.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope we get a 3 hour movie or a longer season 4/5.
    There won't be a S5 as S4 is already being marketed as the final season.

Quote Originally Posted by Sezerek View Post
    There won't be a S5 as S4 is already being marketed as the final season.
    I hope we get an animated movie than.

Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    She was probably also ignorant about that too though, but again, if you want to interpret that as an act of rebellion, then it sort of goes against your original problem with the writing that she didn’t do anything, she did, it didn’t help, as she got stuck for what might be an eternity in “limbo” or whatever you want to call it still being ordered around by the royal family.

Lol, they don’t “choose” to be slaves, they are forced into it one way or another, or just born into it. But yes, that’s pretty much my point here, she never though about using her power for her own goals, because she never had any goals in the first place, everything was always decided for her, you want her to fight for something that she doesn’t really even know about, as I previously linked, Zeke says it himself, her true form is that of a slave without a will of her own.

How? Or why? Because as of “how”… sort of “magic!”, she assembled what was left of his body inside a titan’s belly and pieced him back together with her power, as for the why, well, my only guess is royal blood? As for, why she didn’t do it for the others, well, because apparently a titan is required for the process, whatever little bits that Eren Father may have left behind, were stuck inside a cave inside the city, without any titans around to serve as vessel for the regeneration process.
    She choose to keep being one despite that though. She never thought about it but why? She decided to die that day and that proves she could make her own choices but for plot reason she decided to not go farther for 2000 years. That wasn't her true form because she is free now. Her true form is whatever she wants honestly. I'm pretty sure she is a god with in that realm. I don't think changing her appearance is impossible. She can literally create life from it. She is seen molding colossal titans in 122.

I think chapters where Eren showed Zeke he was in control kind of makes Zeke opinion null and void. He thought royals were in charge in that realm turns out he was wrong. Cause she has her own will she just never tried to use it. At least not consciously for 2000 years.

She didn't make a choice consciously though that's what I want and Eren wasn't necessary for that to happen based on the prior event. My problem is why couldn't she free herself if she was capable of that. He made no effort to shows us that. It's one of things that annoys me about anime in general outside of berserk or hunter x hunter people are caricature/props or plot devices not people. People are random but plot devices give you what you need to keep certain things moving.
    Last edited by Varvara Spiros Gelashvili; 2019-11-16 at 06:40 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    He death was her rebellion though. She could've recovered but just gave up that's why the 13 year rule came into effect. She might've actually been immortal if it weren't for that. Which prove she was more than a slave. If it so common link an example in real life. A lot of those people are financially dependent or emotionally dependent on the other person though. She was neither. Link an example of someone spending there in entire life in an abusive relationship despite having the ability to escape. Than find an example of them doing it for 2000 more years. Yes, that is how stupid it sounds.
    Please you´r erclearly have no fuxking xlue what you´re even talking about, go read about that shit and don´t come in here with your "opinion" as if that´s all that counts...

Quote Originally Posted by Tabrotar View Post
    Please you´r erclearly have no fuxking xlue what you´re even talking about, go read about that shit and don´t come in here with your "opinion" as if that´s all that counts...
    Why are you typing on a fucking etch a sketch?

Myobi just posted a link that proves my point. If the user has no will to live they'll die despite the power. Ymir got struck in the chest not the nape of the neck which is what kills a shifter. Her death is what created the 13 year rule which Eren can probably remove at this point but with Ymir having her own free will. She might be against it.

In that realm she is immortal. So, if not for that episode shifter might have been immortal. It's speculation not confirmed but possible. I mean she kind of fell into a giant tree which might have been Yggdrasil or the writer's version of it.
    Last edited by Varvara Spiros Gelashvili; 2019-11-16 at 07:22 PM.

We have been over that multiple times already though.
    Because being submissive is all she knew. She never really got to experience anything else other than abuse.

Wrong, she didn’t really decided to die, she just lacked on will to live, it’s not the same, and thus when she used her own body to shield her master, the titan regeneration didn’t kick in, leading to her death.

She is free now, yes, because Eren shown her that possibility.

….but please, let’s not deem something “shit” just because you are “pretty sure” about shit that was never really specified, they have been pretty vague about what she actually is or can actually do.

You are never told that royal blood were in charge of that realm, you are told that Ymir only obeys to the ones with royal blood, again, a little different.

Because again, and hopefully for the last time, she never acknowledged that she had a choice on the matter despite her power. It’s sort of why the mighty Lion plays the fool in a circus.

That’s what people meant by slave mentality.
    She did subconsciously but my point is I wanted her to do it consciously. Cause a human being not understand unfairness and other feelings just doesn't happen. She was able to accept death subconsciously. She had a choice everyone does.
    Last edited by Varvara Spiros Gelashvili; 2019-11-17 at 12:42 AM.

Chapter 124

"If humanity outside of the walls were to disappear, all of the grudges would disappear as well..." WTH are you smoking Falco? There will be SOME survivors who will restart civilizations outside the walls, and the story of how the Eldians wiped out humanity will be firmly embedded as a founding myth in every culture.

"The thing those guys across the ocean feared the most has happened because they decided that we were devils and tried to kill us all" can you stop generalizing people?

You're seriously not going to murder a little boy, are you, Falco? Convince him to help you save humanity when he wakes up. If you feed him to anyone else, congratulations! You've killed a guy for no reason, and you will have to wait for the next person to wake up anyway.

I guess the endgame will be everyone vs Eren? Except maybe Zeke. He was at ground zero when Eren transformed, so he should be dead. However, given the nature of Isayama's storytelling, he is almost certainly alive. Only question is whether or not he can be convinced to fight against Eren, or if he will have to be fed to someone else.

Looking forward to Annie's reunion with everyone, seeing how they all grew up without her. Especially looking forward to her reunion with Armin and Reiner, and how she feels about Bertholdt.
    Last edited by Val the Moofia Boss; 2019-12-07 at 11:13 AM.

That’s probably what Eren wants, to take all the hate towards the Eldia to himself.

Cuz I ain’t buying this “ima end the world” bullshit from him.
    I don't think this will have a Code Geass type ending. I think he's genuinely going to do everything he says, otherwise he wouldn't have been so frantic about finding another way to try and save Paradis that wasn't genocide.

That’s probably what Eren wants, to take all the hate towards the Eldia to himself.

Cuz I ain’t buying this “ima end the world” bullshit from him.
    The "I will make the world hate me" plan was utterly stupid in Code Geass, and even more so in the context of AoT. Eren has confirmed the mantra anti-Eldians have bee perpetuating. No "we teamed up to stop him" is going to overcome that.

5+ Year Old Account
    I love how Armin is truly the embodiment of rationality in the face of ever mounting bullshit.

It is funny that he was right about Eren. He didn't change. His answer for Marley and the Titans is the same.
    A more important question is - If Ymir broke down all literal and metaphorical walls/chains, did she also undo her titan curse?

10+ Year Old Account
    I love how Armin is truly the embodiment of rationality in the face of ever mounting bullshit.

It is funny that he was right about Eren. He didn't change. His answer for Marley and the Titans is the same.
    A more important question is - If Ymir broke down all literal and metaphorical walls/chains, did she also undo her titan curse?
    What curse? The 13 year rule, or her being stuck on the Paths realm to serve the royal family forever? I think what happened was that Eren gave a general command (undo all hardening), and so she did. ALL of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

Quote Originally Posted by Adramalech View Post
    What curse? The 13 year rule, or her being stuck on the Paths realm to serve the royal family forever? I think what happened was that Eren gave a general command (undo all hardening), and so she did. ALL of it.
    I assume he's talking about Eldians being able to turn into titans. That doesn't seem to be the case, as Eren was able to transform, and Reiner was healing.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adramalech View Post
    The 13 year rule, aka The Curse of Ymir. I know hardening was undone so the walls could come down (Reiner and Annie seem more like collateral from this command) but with Ymir being 'free' I wonder if something will happen to the cycle.

The 13 year rule, aka The Curse of Ymir. I know hardening was undone so the walls could come down (Reiner and Annie seem more like collateral from this command) but with Ymir being 'free' I wonder if something will happen to the cycle.
    I'm going to guess Eren is planning on straight up getting rid of the Titan Curse once the rumbling is over, and the 13 Year Rule will probably be gone as well. He spoke to Ymir about not having to be a slave anymore, so it'd be pretty dumb if she had to stay stuck in the PATHS dimension building Titans again once everything is over. I suppose they could still have the curse and just not be able to shift anymore though.