Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bhanzai View Post
    And this on probably the most populated sever in classic who each generally implied they'd get rank 14.
    Implied theyd get rank 14 =/= people thought it was easy to get rank 14. Good try.

12 weeks. Holy fuck. It's like casually progressing cutting edge. But doing same boss. 8 hours a day. Instead of 3 times a week for 3 hours each. What I mean is... Jesus.

Quote Originally Posted by erifwodahs View Post
    12 weeks. Holy fuck. It's like casually progressing cutting edge. But doing same boss. 8 hours a day. Instead of 3 times a week for 3 hours each. What I mean is... Jesus.
    no, 8 hours a day isn't going to get you rank 14 in 12 weeks.
    Its not going to get you rank 14 at all.

More like 18 to 24 hours a day, for 12 weeks.
    Remember, missing out on being the top 1 Honor person for a single week will utterly fuck over your progress once you get close.

(its a lot less to get to ~12 and you can do that more casually, 8 hours a day orso. Then the final push is where it gets insane).
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    How it makes me laugh at all the people who think ranking up in Classic was an easy thing. Even to do this date they think it was something easy. I don't remember the exact rank I ended up at (I'd have to look at my achievements), but I believe it was around Rank 7 - 8 and even that was a pain because I remember having to farm way more than usual and just finally giving up realizing I'd never hit Rank 14.

I found this table below of the values roughly needed in Classic in order to hit each rank alone (and this was HK's alone). Look at those values and compare what you have on Live and I guarantee most won't even be at the Rank 5 mark.

Rank Minimum Rank Points Required
    1 N/A
    2 2000
    3 5000
    4 10000
    5 15000
    6 20000
    7 25000
    8 30000
    9 35000
    10 40000
    11 45000
    12 50000
    13 55000
    14 60000

It is not their job to balance servers at all. They are making sure things work correctly. Why will BG's be worse? They'll already be cross realm when they are launched since they were in 1.12.

No BG should have been. Reason being is in Classic we had a long period where it was open world PvP only. People wanted that back and now people can see it wasn't as glorious as they made it out to be forever. They can see just as we did in classic that flying mounts didn't kill world PvP, battlegrounds didn't kill world PvP, and that World PvP and the community killed World PvP. Everything isn't rosey and sunshiny that everyone thought it was.
    Ranking points aren't HKs

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post

Remember, missing out on being the top 1 Honor person for a single week will utterly fuck over your progress once you get close.

(its a lot less to get to ~12 and you can do that more casually, 8 hours a day orso. Then the final push is where it gets insane).
    Anyway, worst thingy is that this is so much time based, that people with rank 14 will get tons of hate for their investment. Accusations of no-life or acc sharing. It's probably the most prestigious thing wow has ever had, well, not sure about old school mmos, probably one of biggest things in the entire genre. And you can't push if any faster or without so much no life with skill, well at least not very significantly besides increasing win ratio.

Quote Originally Posted by erifwodahs View Post
    for rank 14 you need 8 hours a day for 2 to 3 months
    An Karanir Thanagor,
    Mor Ok Angalor..

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post

Jesus Christ and all of his carpenter friends...
    Now I can't wait to see who/if anyone gets there. I'm guessing account-sharing will be more or less a necessity...

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Yeah, i didn't even counted for that. Given how ladder is reset weekly and how much honor you grind is meaningless if everyone else grinds the double as you, many people is gonna have a bad time or just drop the idea completely.

Also, IIRC, in Vanilla there were entire raid teams dedicated to extreme grind and even locking lower ranks to make harder for other people to climb. But then it may be me at fault on this.
    But more people also means more slots in each bracket as it's based on population size. In actual Vanilla most servers could only support a single r14. I wouldn't be surprised if every server can support 4+ r14's in classic.

Quote Originally Posted by Naraga View Post
    But more people also means more slots in each bracket as it's based on population size. In actual Vanilla most servers could only support a single r14. I wouldn't be surprised if every server can support 4+ r14's in classic.
    While there will be naturally more high ranked people because of sheer numbers, the climb is actually going to be harder given the more competition. However, all exactly like it was in Vanilla.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    While there will be naturally more high ranked people because of sheer numbers, the climb is actually going to be harder given the more competition. However, all exactly like it was in Vanilla.
    I don't think so. People have a better understanding of how the system works now and after years of private servers. Combined with there being many slots (probably 6+ on big servers) for r14's people will just work together and cycle through the ranks. Especially if Blizzard allows for ties.

I don't think so. People have a better understanding of how the system works now and after years of private servers. Combined with there being many slots (probably 6+ on big servers) for r14's people will just work together and cycle through the ranks. Especially if Blizzard allows for ties.
    Well, getting everyone to work together might be a bit harder in bigger communities tho. You have more guilds competing, people are not as familiar with each other as they would be with a community of 3k players.

People were working together and forming a queue for r14 back in the day. That was the whole point of the PvP premades.
    The problem is that in the past you had 1 team rotating it at the start, later on you get 2 teams on a realm competing. Now your going to have 4, 5, 6? teams competing and You Can Never Stop Farming Honor Ever because if you do the other teams will overtake you. And its not going to be #1-5 spread out across 5 teams, your going to have the top 4 or something in the same premade because they farmed more honor then the others, so your going to have to push harder week after week to catch up/stay ahead because, again, missing out on a top spot when your making the push to 14 is a massive setback in your progress.

And you can say "well those 5 teams should work together". Sure, maybe in some places they might. But it only takes 1 team to say "no, we push for ourselves" and your off to the races again playing 24/7 to not fall behind.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

In Vanilla, you was not able to queue as a raidgroup.

"managing brackets" or trying to exploit the system is a thing that pserver community farted out.

Quote Originally Posted by Nelle View Post
    Wanna get High Warlord / Grand Marshal?

"You think you do but you don't"

Take it from someone who spend a whole summer getting it back in Vanilla
    Horde on Dalvengyr? I think one with your name was showing off his armor there back then. I started late in vanillaand made it only to rank 10 or so on my own...then vanilla was over. I had fun up to that level cause I liked pvp...but I would not have tried to reach more than maybe another level or 2 even if I had the time. 14 was way too insane for me.

Getting to rank 14 means you have admitted defeat in life

Quote Originally Posted by Daevied View Post
    Getting to rank 14 means you have admitted defeat in life
    Now now, that’s not fair. Sometimes it meant you had several friends logging into your toon when you were asleep.

Quote Originally Posted by Jetstream View Post
    Now now, that’s not fair. Sometimes it meant you had several friends logging into your toon when you were asleep.
    But that means you are winning in life, and thats a big no-no for blizz according tos :c

Quote Originally Posted by Daevied View Post
    But that means you are winning in life, and thats a big no-no for blizz according tos :c
    I mean, obviously they got banned if they got caught. But given how many people did it, clearly lots of them never got caught.

10+ Year Old Account
    ...you will first need three active game accounts...
    I stopped reading after that.

Quote Originally Posted by Devilyaki View Post
    I got to around rank 11 solo playing back in vanilla before I got help from friends to grind out that last ranks. To do rank 14 solo means no life 12 hour days of just pvp with a group.
    its funny how ppl think that PvP means ganking 5v1 or killing lowies.
    dude, really?