15+ Year Old Account

Chromie & the gnomes....

Anyone else only like Chromie in terms of gnomes in WoW? Yes I'm aware she's not a gnome but she chose to use a gnome instead of a human or high/blood elf as her "human form". To me, all gnomes are good for is punting and dying. Anything else, no way Jose! Chromie is a whole other story though. I love her dearly!!!

Gnomes are awesome. Nothing is probably more infuriating for an obnoxious Horde player than getting killed by a Gnome Rogue.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post
    Anyone else only like Chromie in terms of gnomes in WoW? Yes I'm aware she's not a gnome but she chose to use a gnome instead of a human or high/blood elf as her "human form". To me, all gnomes are good for is punting and dying. Anything else, no way Jose! Chromie is a whole other story though. I love her dearly!!!
    Chromie and Mekkatorque, are fine by me, can't stand the gnomes or playing them myself.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Chromie is the best gnomie, homie.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ClassicIsTerrible View Post
    Gnomes are awesome. Nothing is probably more infuriating for an obnoxious Horde player than getting killed by a Gnome Rogue.
    This is pretty fun, except with me it's a tiny little monk punching them in the shins until they die.

Death by shin trauma is a pretty undistinguished way to go.

It's also hilarious how hard they focus you after, like you can sense their frustration at being owned by a gnome!

Nowadays gnome named npcs are usually just the fat male build that only does tech.

Chromie is refreshing not only because the character design is more fun on a surface level, but also: she's a dragon. So on a character level, she's immediately not that static mold of whatever gnomes are and whatever baggage associated with that that players may not like. (See: realmpop, ten years of punting jokes, etc.) But also because, frankly, not a lot of gnomes do magic or really anything not-tech anymore. And in a fantasy setting, a dragon wizard strikes me as at least for now, or as sparingly as it is now, as a bit more novel than every other one contributing to this power-creep of tech leading to huge-ass gunships in the narrative.
    We also don't see other dragon reveals like Chromie, even though we've been told dragons are supposed to be everywhere in society, blending in to observe and keep tabs on mortal usage of magic to police it... but on a player level we don't see it that often. (Why, a little too secret-police like perhaps? Also, Age of Mortals says hi, I guess.) When we first met Chromie, she was just a friend in the Plaguelands, helping out. Like, she could have been just a throwaway npc and then suddenly she was a dragon. Meeting new dragons nowadays, there's no subtlety or surprise. I guess Chromie had a flair for the dramatic... and sure, I guess Chromie really didn't keep hidden as a dragon all that long either compared to other dragons, so it's not like it took Chromie forever to reveal they were a dragon... but because Chromie hid themselves well to us, as players (which established an appreciation of dragons being able to blend in right in front of us), and then the reveal being so pleasant and unexpected like - well hey, that's a fun surprise. It's not like Chromie deceived us or took advantage of us as players - that would have ended badly. People wouldn't have liked Chromie then. Now, Chromie has been around a while, like, as long as Saurfang, so she's a veteran npc at this point. Which, you know, is pretty endearing, kind of, maybe partially depending on whether one thinks she's overdone yet or not. But anyway, even as just dragon and time puns the character, Chromie being Chromie is fun for its own sake... for now.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Chromie and Mekkatorque, are fine by me, can't stand the gnomes or playing them myself.
    Same here. The lack of customization options that are not either super cute or "awlord kill it with fire" is probably the most turndown for me.
    Last edited by RyudoTFO; 2019-12-13 at 07:45 AM.
    MMO-Champion Forum
    noun

1. a place where people who stopped playing World of Warcraft 10 years ago gather to tell those who still enjoy the game, how bad it is right now.