Page 17 of 29 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    although interesting thought. Does Wisconsin and OSU essentially trade places if Wisc blows OSU out? So Wisc in playoffs, OSU left out. Although OSU murdered Wisc once before so...

and I think fields is hurt so that may be put into play with the comittee to explain a loss here.
    Never happen. They set precedent with that when penn state beat OSU + won the big 10 title + had a better record, and yet OSU still got in.

Hell penn state is the only team (besides this wisconson game) that had a chance (and should have won but played horribly) vs OSU this year.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wisconsin has completely crumbled.

but bad Ohio St discipline is helping them right the ship

- - - Updated - - -

nope, crumbled
    Last edited by draynay; 2019-12-08 at 03:36 AM.
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    well, that make's things easier. Should absolutely be 1. LSU 2. OSU 3. Clemson 4. OU now.

well, that make's things easier. Should absolutely be 1. LSU 2. OSU 3. Clemson 4. OU now.
    Yeah this may be one of the easiest playoffs to pick. There just isn't any objective arguments for anyone else or in any other order. Jerry Palm called this exact order weeks ago.

OU is like the dog that sneaks into your favorite chair while you were taking a piss.
    Last edited by Budong; 2019-12-08 at 04:56 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Budong View Post
    Yeah this may be one of the easiest playoffs to pick. There just isn't any objective arguments for anyone else or in any other order. Jerry Palm called this exact order weeks ago.

OU is like the dog that sneaks into your favorite chair while you were taking a piss.
    and then gets promptly squished.

which I suppose is better than our own situation. Random Sugar Bowl crushing of Georgia aside.

10+ Year Old Account
    A highly disgruntled constituent of Lindsey Graham.

I mean it is 4 Power 5 conference champs, the 3 undefeated ones and the only 1 loss power 5 champ. This couldn't be much clearer, and it easily the least controversial CFP decision ever.

… watch the CFP somehow put Alabama in the playoffs or something, just to watch the world burn.

Ryan Day sounded like a baby begging for his bottle wanting his team to be #1. He just doesn’t want to play Clemson in the opening round. Meanwhile coach O said we’ll play whoever. He ain’t scared.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lilithvia View Post
    I told you.

- - - Updated - - -

Fuck @muto; he talks all this shit and then when the Committee refuses to back him up he ghosts
    Yeah they played like a number 5 team

/S

PAC 12 is a joke.

and then gets promptly squished.

which I suppose is better than our own situation. Random Sugar Bowl crushing of Georgia aside.
    We'll see.

Which team do you mean, Texas or Baylor? Sounds like Baylor is going Sugar, and yes I think they'll beat Georgia.

You can make an argument to put Clemson at #2 though it doesn’t really matter because #2 plays #3.

Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    Ryan Day sounded like a baby begging for his bottle wanting his team to be #1. He just doesn’t want to play Clemson in the opening round. Meanwhile coach O said we’ll play whoever. He ain’t scared.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah they played like a number 5 team

/S

PAC 12 is a joke.
    And probably will remain that way until USC finally gets it's shit back together. They're the only blue blood in the whole conference.

And probably will remain that way until USC finally gets it's shit back together. They're the only blue blood in the whole conference.
    Colorado used to be good back in the 90s in the Big 8, but haven't been good since.

Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    Colorado used to be good back in the 90s in the Big 8, but haven't been good since.
    Yep I know. I saw them in person lol. Loved their two tight end offense with Stewart as QB.

I miss the Big 8. The Big 12 has always felt corrupted with Texas taint. I say jettison the Texas schools and bring back Colorado, Nebraska and Missouri.

I have one of these in a box. I pull it out when I feel like getting misty.

Last edited by Budong; 2019-12-08 at 06:12 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    We'll see.

Which team do you mean, Texas or Baylor? Sounds like Baylor is going Sugar, and yes I think they'll beat Georgia.
    Texas last year. Also, as a TCU fan, I take umbridge with being assumed a Baylor fan

also, I can confirm as a USC alum that it could take awhile for their shit to get back together (even got sent paperwork in case I had been assaulted by their gyno since I attended while he was there. lol. ). 2 Big non sports related scandals have their attention focused elsewhere.

man, hope OSU pulls it together. otherwise, we end up with a LSU vs OSU and Clemson vs OU semi, which isnt nearly as fun as LSU vs OU and OSU vs Clemson.

- - - Updated - - -

How would OU get left out? OU only has 1 loss and they are the conference champs. Oregon wouldnt get in cause 2 losses. Georgia wont get in because 2 losses and arent conference champs. Wisconsin also has 2 losses even if they win the conference.
    If Wisconsin had won, especially with how far ahead they were at the time, I would not have been surprised to see Wisconsin jump from #8 to #4 with a convincing win over the team the committee had ranked #1. They also would have likely dropped tOSU down to #4.

Though Wisconsin couldn't hang on so it's a moot point anyway.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    I still say get rid of all the committee picking who is who and go to the Conference Champs go to the dance. Either do the Power 5 Champs get in and a committee picks 3. Or Pick 8 Conferences and their Champs get in. Let the committee rank them 1-8.

I'm just not sure how to handle the Notre Dame issue with just conference champs.
    Pretty simple and would appease the most parties. The committee still gets to do their rankings, but the P5 conference champs have an autobid and the highest-ranked G5 school also gets an autobid (even if they're down in the low teens). That leaves 2 at-large bids that go to the two highest ranking teams left. No more of this "X team/conference is clearly better than Y" despite none of them playing each other or having common opponents. No more schools getting left out who then go on to absolutely demolish their bowl opponent (like TCU). The way they handle ND is they either join a conference or accept that to get in they need to get one of the two at-large bids.

Not only would this lead to better games (because now one or two losses doesn't automatically knock you out of the playoffs, but SOS/rankings would still used to determine seeding so you still need to impress the committee), but it would also help boost all of the conferences in terms of recruiting (since now every school would have a legitimate shot at the playoffs, as opposed to the current system that guarantees no G5 school will ever end the season in the top 4 no matter how good their OOC is). It would also end a lot of the controversy at comes up with the playoffs, as well as force the top teams from the conferences to actually play each other every year at least once so we really can see just how good each of them are.

Plus, I would definitely argue that it's far better for the long-term health of college football as a whole than the current system. If you think it isn't then imagine how the NFL playoffs would be if they only took the top two teams from the NFC and the AFC every year, and which teams they took was decided by a group of current and former team owners and coaches. Think about all of the Super Bowl champions that would have been left out. Because I'd bet that there have been multiple teams that have been left out that were more than capable of winning the championship (TCU in 2014, Stanford in 2015, UCF and tOSU in 2017 as examples).

Yep I know. I saw them in person lol. Loved their two tight end offense with Stewart as QB.

I miss the Big 8. The Big 12 has always felt corrupted with Texas taint. I say jettison the Texas schools and bring back Colorado, Nebraska and Missouri.

I have one of these in a box. I pull it out when I feel like getting misty.

Yeah Texas ruined the conference. I was sad at first when Nebraska left the Big 12 because of the Oklahoma/Colorado rivalries, but Nebraska jut got tired of being screwed by the Big Texas conference as did Missouri, and Colorado.
    Last edited by muto; 2019-12-08 at 07:16 AM.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brubear View Post
    Pretty simple and would appease the most parties. The committee still gets to do their rankings, but the P5 conference champs have an autobid and the highest-ranked G5 school also gets an autobid (even if they're down in the low teens). That leaves 2 at-large bids that go to the two highest ranking teams left. No more of this "X team/conference is clearly better than Y" despite none of them playing each other or having common opponents. No more schools getting left out who then go on to absolutely demolish their bowl opponent (like TCU). The way they handle ND is they either join a conference or accept that to get in they need to get one of the two at-large bids.

Not only would this lead to better games (because now one or two losses doesn't automatically knock you out of the playoffs, but SOS/rankings would still used to determine seeding so you still need to impress the committee), but it would also help boost all of the conferences in terms of recruiting (since now every school would have a legitimate shot at the playoffs, as opposed to the current system that guarantees no G5 school will ever end the season in the top 4 no matter how good their OOC is). It would also end a lot of the controversy at comes up with the playoffs, as well as force the top teams from the conferences to actually play each other every year at least once so we really can see just how good each of them are.

Plus, I would definitely argue that it's far better for the long-term health of college football as a whole than the current system. If you think it isn't then imagine how the NFL playoffs would be if they only took the top two teams from the NFC and the AFC every year, and which teams they took was decided by a group of current and former team owners and coaches. Think about all of the Super Bowl champions that would have been left out. Because I'd bet that there have been multiple teams that have been left out that were more than capable of winning the championship (TCU in 2014, Stanford in 2015, UCF and tOSU in 2017 as examples).
    That sounds terrific. I gotta say I really appreciate your deeper analysis and points on the college football issues.

I'm kinda surprised they haven't moved to an eight game system yet. I've heard that the committee was resolved to keep it as is for at least the next few years.

- - - Updated - - -

Except for that pesky Oregon team that made the CFP final. You and @muto bias against the Pac-12 makes most of your opinions not even worth reading - except for a good laugh.

- - - Updated - - -

Agreed. LSU is going to absolutely crush OU. I'm very interested to see how the Clemson vs Ohio State goes.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thekri View Post
    I mean it is 4 Power 5 conference champs, the 3 undefeated ones and the only 1 loss power 5 champ. This couldn't be much clearer, and it easily the least controversial CFP decision ever.

… watch the CFP somehow put Alabama in the playoffs or something, just to watch the world burn.
    I agree as well. Would have been interesting if Oregon hadn't slit their wrists against ASU. Like Georgia did against SC. But that's college football...if only.
    Last edited by cubby; 2019-12-08 at 07:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Except for that pesky Oregon team that made the CFP finals twice. You and @muto bias against the Pac-12 makes most of your opinions not even worth reading - except for a good laugh.
    Oregon only made it once in 2015 and lost to Ohio St. by 22 points. If you're going to engage in conversation with me, please do it in reality. This isn't the first time you've spouted factually incorrect information. We can't talk about actual college football if we're constantly having to correct you.

I have no bias against the conference. They're objectively not as good as the other Power 5. I think you're letting your fandom blind you to reality. It's a shame that you're letting your emotions dictate your responses. I get that you're upset that your team isn't in the playoffs but it's no reason to project your anger on us.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Oregon only made it once in 2015 and lost to Ohio St. by 22 points. If you're going to engage in conversation with me, please do it in reality. This isn't the first time you've spouted factually incorrect information. We can't talk about actual college football if we're constantly having to correct you.

I have no bias against the conference. They're objectively not as good as the other Power 5. I think you're letting your fandom blind you to reality. It's a shame that you're letting your emotions dictate your responses. I get that you're upset that your team isn't in the playoffs but it's no reason to project your anger on us.
    The pac-12 has been in the CFP one less time that the big 12. But it's adorable that you sit here and quote facts, when you yourself can't get them right.

The bias against the PAC 12 is above, by muto, and affirmed by you. I'm just going by what you say. Objectively they're not as good why again? Because your feels tell you?

Lol it’s not bias the PAC 12 sucks. The only somewhat decent teams are Oregon and Utah, and both would have 3 or 4 losses in the Big 10 or SEC. Maybe even the Big 12. I’m excited for the Clemson - OSU game. I hope Clemson crushes OSU.
    Last edited by muto; 2019-12-08 at 08:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    The pac-12 has been in the CFP one less time that the big 12. But it's adorable that you sit here and quote facts, when you yourself can't get them right.

The bias against the PAC 12 is above, by muto, and affirmed by you. I'm just going by what you say. Objectively they're not as good why again? Because your feels tell you?
    Again you're wrong. The Big 12 has been in FOUR times. The Pac 12 twice. Before you say something stupid again let me leave this for you.

CFP History:

SEC- 6 times 2 Champions

ACC-6 times 2 Champions

Big10-4 times 1 Champion

Big 12- 4 times

Pac 12-2 times

And if you don't believe me read it here. I don't deal in fantasy, I deal in reality. I base my opinions on factual evidence. Of the Power 5 conferences, the Pac 12 is the worst where it counts the most. Being relevant in the CFP.

https://collegefootballplayoff.com/s...2/history.aspx