Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account

levelling allied races

so if I am correct in my understanding, allied races start at level 20 in shadowlands yeah? similar to how they are now? so in terms of levelling, it would be far quicker to start a new one and level it in shadowlands than it will be if I have levelled one to say 30 in BfA and just left there?

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    so if I am correct in my understanding, allied races start at level 20 in shadowlands yeah? similar to how they are now? so in terms of levelling, it would be far quicker to start a new one and level it in shadowlands than it will be if I have levelled one to say 30 in BfA and just left there?
    Ok, so number one I doubt they will start at level 20 in Shadowlands, because if the current level 120 = 50 in SL, then current level 20 would be something like level 10 in SL, or possibly 5? Or in other words, level 20 in SL is about level 60 in the current live game. So I'm guessing they will start at level 5 or 10. Maybe it was explicitly stated at which level they started but I haven't been following.

Secondly, they said during Blizzcon that the whole leveling process will be 50-70% faster to the max level, but we don't really know whether they meant with or without heirlooms, with which methods, and in what way. We also don't really know how long it takes for an average person to level. While a competent experienced players can get to 120 in like 25-30 hours with normal methods, it's probably double that for a random casual.

Not sure what point would leveling it to level 30 in BfA have, unless you somehow believe that by doing that you will end up with a level 30 character in SL, which is not the case.

Bottom line is...leveling will probably be quicker than standard methods now, but keep in mind that we still have Korrak's Revenge BG available for leveling now, and the leveling process in Shadowlands will most certainly not be quicker and easier than afking in Korrak's Revenge is at the moment.
    Last edited by Azerate; 2019-12-07 at 01:38 PM.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    Ok, so number one I doubt they will start at level 20 in Shadowlands, because if the current level 120 = 50 in SL, then current level 20 would be something like level 10 in SL, or possibly 5? So I'm guessing they will start at level 5 or 10. Maybe it was explicitly stated at which level they started but I haven't been following.

Secondly, they said during Blizzcon that the whole leveling process will be 50-70% faster to the max level, but we don't really know whether they meant with or without heirlooms, with which methods, and in what way. We also don't really know how long it takes for an average person to level. While a competent experienced players can get to 120 in like 25-30 hours with normal methods, it's probably double that for a random casual.

Not sure what point would leveling it to level 30 in BfA have, unless you somehow believe that by doing that you will end up with a level 30 character in SL, which is not the case.

Bottom line is...leveling will probably be quicker than standard methods now, but keep in mind that we still have Korrak's Revenge BG available for leveling now, and the leveling process in Shadowlands will most certainly not be quicker and easier than afking in Korrak's Revenge is at the moment.
    Allied Races start at 10, I just found the relevant post on Wowhead https://www.wowhead.com/guides/world...in-shadowlands but yeah that's a good point about the BG

Keep in mind nowadays allied races require only 110 for heritage armor, even the new ones like Mag'har and Kul Tirans still have 110 in achievement. Which means you only have to get them to pre-BFA status.

In Shadowlands you will have to get them to max, that includes BFA and Shadowlands too. Add to it the typical Blizzard practices meaning Shadowlands will not have heirlooms upgraded or flying for 1 year.

So if you have time now, or somewhere in 8.3 before new expansion, probably good idea to level them, at least that's what I'm gonna do with mine.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    They start at 10, but new 10-50 will be something like 110-120 during BfA launch.

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    In Shadowlands you will have to get them to max, that includes BFA and Shadowlands too.
    Give source. EDIT: ok, I saw it in Q&A recap, but don't remember they said something about level 60 for heritage to be honest.
    Last edited by Dracullus; 2019-12-08 at 05:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    Give source. EDIT: ok, I saw it in Q&A recap, but don't remember they said something about level 60 for heritage to be honest.
    https://www.wowhead.com/news=296022/...t-q-a-liveblog
    Q: From Red Shirt Guy! Any changes to heritage armor acquisition?
    A: Still have to get to max level, level 60 with the squish.