Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    In the Deep Dive panel they showed some Covenant abilities that turned you into some creatures, or summoned creatures for different classes. I could entirely see these as hunter tames.

New moth, fox, and deer from Ardenweald. The Fox is a slightly recolored/unarmored version of the Vulpine Familiar.

Shade Hound, a bear-hound-armor-thing.

Rabbit bug things from Ardenweald.

Recolored spider mounts from Maldraxxus.

More colors of the moths.

The Features Overview Video also shows bats, unicorns, manasaber-like beings, and other creatures that look undead.
    3 hints to surviving MMO-C forums:
    1.) If you have an opinion, someone will say that it is wrong
    2.) If you have a source, there will be people who refuse to believe it
    3.) If you use logic, it will be largely ignored
    btw: Spires of Arak = Arakkoa.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambulatory Cube View Post
    With how bad some of the model updates have been, I kinda don't want them to update any more. At least not blanket-updates like the hyenas. Leave the old models in somewhere, please

As far as new critters, I dunno. I like some of the more unique things they've added like Marsuul. I imagine if we're indeed headed toward anything dragon-related they might give us some more dragon-like creatures.
    Is it your contention that the updated Hyena models look worse than the classic?

I want them to update all the still fugly-as-shit 2004 models, thanks.

Imagine having Tigers look like tigers, cheetahs looking like cheetahs, and cougars or lynx looking like those animals do.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Naruto is stooopid View Post
    Is it your contention that the updated Hyena models look worse than the classic?
    As someone who's always had the Hyena as a favourite, I can only say that the new updated one is a thousand times improved.
    And probably has a thousand more pixels to its name, at least.

we need more god damn spirit beasts that aren't just BLUE

Quote Originally Posted by Naruto is stooopid View Post
    In a sense, yes. Graphic fidelity may be higher now but they've lost a lot of the original model's personality--also the colors are wrong and/or washed out on many of them, which happened more glaringly with wind serpents and stegodons. A lot of these updates just look... chunky and disproportionate.

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    Imagine having Tigers look like tigers
    There are always the Pandaria tigers.

Vultures and Owls make sense to me.

An update to old models would be great. I'd also like to get the single head core hounds. Really like how they look.
    Last edited by ksaf; 2019-11-11 at 03:19 PM.

I think the shadowlands would be an excellent opportunity to add spirit beast variations for iconic beasts/raid bosses we have killed over the expansions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    If people need old items to feel unique and special then they have a problem. Playing a video game in a MMO isn't about looking and feeling special.
    LOL

10+ Year Old Account
    they better add Hati

Quote Originally Posted by Uggorthaholy View Post
    Thanks but no thanks, Lora, for making me question everything in existence forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Lora View Post
    they better add Hati
    What do you mean? Hati is already available.

Quote Originally Posted by Bwgmon View Post
    What do you mean? Hati is already available.
    He means he hasn't played BfA and they better add Hati.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by Lanrefni View Post
    There are level 120 rats and rabbits I can't tame,I want them,also the mechanical kitties on Mechagon are a major want as well.
    It's kind of baffling that there aren't squirrel, rabbit, and rat pets around, considering smaller critters are available as mechanicals. Hell, add rare/tricky-to-spawn "rodents of unusual size" to the Rodent family if need be. I want a Ratstallion pet to chew some faces with.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bwgmon View Post
    It's kind of baffling that there aren't squirrel, rabbit, and rat pets around, considering smaller critters are available as mechanicals. Hell, add rare/tricky-to-spawn "rodents of unusual size" to the Rodent family if need be. I want a Ratstallion pet to chew some faces with.
    Rats would be great pets for Forsaken Hunter!

Quote Originally Posted by Maxilian View Post
    Rats would be great pets for Forsaken Hunter!
    Roaches would be great too or flies

Quote Originally Posted by Destinas View Post
    In the Deep Dive panel they showed some Covenant abilities that turned you into some creatures, or summoned creatures for different classes. I could entirely see these as hunter tames.

New moth, fox, and deer from Ardenweald. The Fox is a slightly recolored/unarmored version of the Vulpine Familiar.

Shade Hound, a bear-hound-armor-thing.

Rabbit bug things from Ardenweald.

Recolored spider mounts from Maldraxxus.

More colors of the moths.

The Features Overview Video also shows bats, unicorns, manasaber-like beings, and other creatures that look undead.
    Dont forget that Ghuun reskin from that video that would be cool to be able to tame. Since it really is just a big fat worm with beetle horns

Quote Originally Posted by Clatratus View Post
    I think the shadowlands would be an excellent opportunity to add spirit beast variations for iconic beasts/raid bosses we have killed over the expansions.
    Agreed, though it's not really clear if animals are held to the same rules as the sentient races or if they all just automatically go to a specific place, or stay/go with the soul of the hunter that cared for them in life
    On topic though I'd like to have more armored variants as well as some new families that like feathermanes and blood beasts that require you to get a specific tome to learn to tame them(preferably not behind a hard achievement or penultimate raid boss), hell have it be an exclusive quest from a honeyback hive style faction in one(potentially 1 per all 4) of the zones

Edit: also more battle hardened variants like Osca the Bloodied, also those big Ardenweald grubs and the shade hounds from the Maw
    Last edited by Psykho; 2019-12-08 at 10:45 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wanax View Post
    Roaches would be great too or flies
    Yeah, i mean... the first roach vendor was in Undercity

2 things - pets to keep a fair bit of original size and not shrink to nothing AND the Coven beasts out in Drustvar are kind of badass. Would love one of those
    And shepherds we shall be...

10+ Year Old Account
    Alpacas for the goat or stag family.
    Giant rats (like ratstallion or squeakers mount models) in rodent family.
    I'd like a big angry goose that waddled around on its two legs, actually. Put it with the tallstriders