Page 16 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fetus Rex View Post
    They haven't announced anything during Blizzcon. I doubt there will be 2 more AR.
    Maybe because it would have spoiled the 8.3 patch thats why theuy didnt say anything about 8.3 either

Quote Originally Posted by Zalendra View Post
    Maybe because it would have spoiled the 8.3 patch thats why theuy didnt say anything about 8.3 either
    I wish I would get 1 Dollar everyime someone tries to put this down as an arguement. ^^ Blizzcon only told us about the feature as reveal, where they had to confirm some, but Kul Tirans, Mag'har, Mechagnomes and Vulpera were announced outside of Blizzcon and this were the ones coming after 8.0. Otherwise why talk about a future pair, if the current is not released and wont come for another month. And of course it could spoil the 8.3.5 AR. Best example could be the Rajani if they become an AR.

The Blizzcon Arguement is just nonsense and I wish people would stop using it, it doesnt make any sense.

I doubt it. But we will see soon enough I imagine.

7+ Year Old Account
    I think Alliance should have Sethrak while the Horde gets Nathanos like Undead or Liches.
    High Elves and Wildhammer Dwarves are finally playable in the Alliance. XD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Runicknight View Post
    I think Alliance should have Sethrak while the Horde gets Nathanos like Undead or Liches.
    Why Sethrak in the alliance mate just give me an arguement plz

7+ Year Old Account
    The Alliance lacks any races that is original other than Human. I mean there's only Pandarens and Draeneis. That's it.

Everything else is Humans, Dwarf Humans, Purple Humans, Blueberry Elf Humans, and etc. I mean heck where's the Cat People on the Alliance, Bird People, Ankoan Fish People, Sethrak, and etc?

I know where you’re coming from, but to play devil’s advocate, they’re an NPC race, closely tied to the Horde... not an actual Horde playable race. Void Elves prior to the unlock scenario we’re a Horde playable race and a way was found to make them Alliance.

Shoe-horning Sethrak Alliance should be a far easier task, despite their relationship with the Horde.

My point, narratively it’s not impossible, it’s more a question of how big a pill you wanna swallow.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Alliance lacks any races that is original other than Human. I mean there's only Pandarens and Draeneis. That's it.

Everything else is Humans, Dwarf Humans, Purple Humans, Blueberry Elf Humans, and etc. I mean heck where's the Cat People on the Alliance, Bird People, Ankoan Fish People, Sethrak, and etc?
    Well, i know what you mean but i think its also part of the "faction identity" i know faciton identity is a bit lost with the ar and them trying to "balance" by addind big race for both faciton adding "horde" or "alliance" race for both faction etc but i would like if they stay somewhat logicial with the lore and the quests i mean the void elfs arent that much of an horde race in the way that you had high elves in alliance and blood elf in the horde and the void elf are high elves who didnt followed the blood elves methods of draining other living beings and tried to use the void as a mean to not starve

But for sethrak well, in the childrens week as horde you have to bring your litle zandalari kid to the sethrak and learn about how both empire were close etc the way they are taking is really to go with an unity between zandalari and the sethrak

Dont forget the alliance killed thek ing of the zandalari while the zandalari did nothing to the setrhak they even helped them and aso they have both the loas as gods etc and logically if the alliance illed the zandalari leader then they enter in war with the sethrak in an alliance game

But for "non humans" race i would gladly see the fish ppl being possible reall and i would love this because it would be a good change and different thing for the alliance to have and i would definittly play as one =)

7+ Year Old Account
    Well, i know what you mean but i think its also part of the "faction identity" i know faciton identity is a bit lost with the ar and them trying to "balance" by addind big race for both faciton adding "horde" or "alliance" race for both faction etc but i would like if they stay somewhat logicial with the lore and the quests i mean the void elfs arent that much of an horde race in the way that you had high elves in alliance and blood elf in the horde and the void elf are high elves who didnt followed the blood elves methods of draining other living beings and tried to use the void as a mean to not starve

But for sethrak well, in the childrens week as horde you have to bring your litle zandalari kid to the sethrak and learn about how both empire were close etc the way they are taking is really to go with an unity between zandalari and the sethrak

Dont forget the alliance killed thek ing of the zandalari while the zandalari did nothing to the setrhak they even helped them and aso they have both the loas as gods etc and logically if the alliance illed the zandalari leader then they enter in war with the sethrak in an alliance game

But for "non humans" race i would gladly see the fish ppl being possible reall and i would love this because it would be a good change and different thing for the alliance to have and i would definittly play as one =)
    You make a Good Point about Fish People like Jinyu or Ankoan being a Race for the Alliance. That said I kind of would like to see Arakkoa as a Race for the Alliance. I mean Arakkoa not really welcomed into the Horde due to the past history of the Horde killing them in the past plus also the fact Bird People in General isn't really playable.

As the Mogu as well for the Alliance but like Sethrak would be mixed since Horde does have Zandalari in their ranks given the Two's History it would atleast make sense for the Mogu to join up with the Horde because of that set history the Zandalari and Mogu have.

10+ Year Old Account
    You make a Good Point about Fish People like Jinyu or Ankoan being a Race for the Alliance. That said I kind of would like to see Arakkoa as a Race for the Alliance. I mean Arakkoa not really welcomed into the Horde due to the past history of the Horde killing them in the past plus also the fact Bird People in General isn't really playable.

As the Mogu as well for the Alliance but like Sethrak would be mixed since Horde does have Zandalari in their ranks given the Two's History it would atleast make sense for the Mogu to join up with the Horde because of that set history the Zandalari and Mogu have.
    I would really like the Arakkoa to join one of the 2 factions, in most interested in the corrupted ones, and IMHO regardless if they go with the WoD one or the BC ones, i think both work great for the Alliance, the BC Arakkoa that are friendly started to worship the Light, and the Arakkoa that are in WoD have the experience of being hunted down by the Orcs (though it only applies to Corrupted Arakkoas), though the Arakkoas of WOD present may be like the Maghar Orc and not like much the Draneai for their new ways of conversion (assuming they were not all already converted)

Fucking featheries, sick lot, if you ask me, but no doubt SJW Blizzard will cater to you.

Sarcasm aside, the Arrakoa from WoD are pretty cool.

10+ Year Old Account
    I highly doubt sethrak is going to happen as an ar imo, arrakoa too but we can never know

Like i said for me it will most likely be Ankoan for alliance and mogu for horde as the last bfa ar

I also doubt the giblin due to the fact blizz didnt updated their skin since they still use the old goblins models which they would most likely have upgraded if they really planned them as an ar anyhow

I mean, if blood elfs or Nightborn are in the horde then there is no reason for the alliance not to have an evil/ugly/nonhumanoid race. At this point lore doesn't matter anymore anyway

what alliance did for the sethrak actually?
    Do an horde char and see the storyline and then forget about it
    Did you play the Alliance storyline? We save their leader's life and safeguard one of the "keys".

Sure, the Horde questline with them is more involved, because it's their zone. But there's more than enough there to justify them joining Alliance with a little more push in future plots or their recruitment questline. And Hearthstone has linked them to Uldum, so there could be enough justification there for the Uldum Accord rep to get them in.

After void elves, a race that literally didn't exist until the recruitment scenario took a Horde race and turned them blue (and linked them to a completely unrelated reputation), the sky is kind of the limit on what can be stretched for allied race purposes.

Sethrak would be a fantastic race for the Alliance, would break up the "humans and friends" rut that the faction is in, and would somewhat make up for getting two wildly unpopular races in a row.
    Last edited by Briselody; 2019-12-09 at 03:45 PM.
    Xal'atath whispers: Your allies consider me a bad influence. Yet all I've ever done is speed you along the path you chose.

7+ Year Old Account
    that slot is there for new allied races in 9.0, they said they will keep going with the feature, there is nothing implying they have to fulfill that spot before 9.0

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    that slot is there for new allied races in 9.0, they said they will keep going with the feature, there is nothing implying they have to fulfill that spot before 9.0
    They also said that they currently don't have any plans for allied races in 9.0

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellspawn View Post
    They also said that they currently don't have any plans for allied races in 9.0
    from the start yes, they said things "can change if make it sense"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Briselody View Post
    Did you play the Alliance storyline? We save their leader's life and safeguard one of the "keys".

Sure, the Horde questline with them is more involved, because it's their zone. But there's more than enough there to justify them joining Alliance with a little more push in future plots or their recruitment questline. And Hearthstone has linked them to Uldum, so there could be enough justification there for the Uldum Accord rep to get them in.

After void elves, a race that literally didn't exist until the recruitment scenario took a Horde race and turned them blue (and linked them to a completely unrelated reputation), the sky is kind of the limit on what can be stretched for allied race purposes.

Sethrak would be a fantastic race for the Alliance, would break up the "humans and friends" rut that the faction is in, and would somewhat make up for getting two wildly unpopular races in a row.
    Yes i did and horde actually do exactly the same thing, they also save their leader and safeguard one key plus a lot more and as future plot well i said in children week with is somek ind of later in the story of bfa you bring your zandalari kid say hello to the sethrak leaders

And well no i mean you use arguement that belf joined the horde but if they did its because kael thas left the alliance during war3 because he was nearly executed

As for the NB its because they have more link with the blood elfs storywhile because they also had to deal with magic addiction and Tyrande also btiched at Thalyssra as for the void elves well they left silvermoon thecnically they are high elves who were exiled and just taped into void magic

But if you compare the sethrak with the alliance there is no way they join them unlike the horde when they have lot of links with them

Anyway i highly sethrak are gonna happen for horde or alliance =p

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    Actually they didnt say 9.0 but they said "we are slowing down on ar but if they make sense in shadowlands we might add more there" so it mean not much actually =p

And we are not talking abotu shadowlands here

10+ Year Old Account
    Somewhere between here and the sick, twisted world inside my head
    Quote Originally Posted by Love Machine View Post
    Possibly.

High Elves for Alliance.
    As much as I would like that to be a thing, I don't think it'll ever happen. Not with the Void Elves (which are awesome) already added, and the possibility of High Elf options coming to Blood Elves in Shadowlands.

And well no i mean you use arguement that belf joined the horde but if they did its because kael thas left the alliance during war3 because he was nearly executed
    I mean no, I use the argument that blood elves joined the horde and then an indefinite number of them were twisted by void powers and joined the Alliance again, all of which happened entirely within their recruitment scenario and with absolutely no indication that they even existed before said scenario started.

Therefore, Sethrak already have more story potential to be added to the Alliance than void elves ever did, considering they were literally on the other faction to begin with. My point being, shaky lore justification is in no way a disqualification for any race, but especially Sethrak who do have concrete history with the Alliance to build on.
    Xal'atath whispers: Your allies consider me a bad influence. Yet all I've ever done is speed you along the path you chose.