Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Whats the 80s song they use as the basis of the trailer's musical theme before it got Wonder Womanized. Seems awfully familiar. I swear my parents listened to it while I was growing up?

Very much looking forward to the movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    Whats the 80s song they use as the basis of the trailer's musical theme before it got Wonder Womanized.

People seem to be fixated on the lightning and the trash can, but we need to talk about that fanny pack.
    Last edited by s_bushido; 2019-12-08 at 10:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    I think they also used it for Atomic Blonde. It's become movie shorthand for "Behold, The 80s!"
    “There you stand, the good man doing nothing. And while evil triumphs, and your rigid pacifism crumbles to blood stained dust, the only victory afforded to you is that you stuck true to your guns.”

I think the main thing I'm worried about is tying it all up in the end. She can fight some epic battle, but since it never happened in the past of BvS or whatever, it'll be a little off. (I think DC-CU is not a solid concept anymore anyway, but still.) She does take out some cameras, so maybe they will keep it in mind.

Bringing back Steve, almost needs to be a temporary/ fakeout thing, and hopefully it's done well.

I'm still hopeful for it, since the trailer is evocative for me, still has a nice solid "vibe" to it.

- - - Updated - - -

People seem to be fixated on the lightning and the trash can, but we need to talk about that fanny pack.
    The trashcan was a smile, but the fanny pack was a chuckle-worthy. Lightning I don't care about, comic books, gods, magic, whatever, as long as it feels right in the end.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

I enjoyed the first one, and this one looks to be just as good. Gal Gadot looks amazing in every scene we see in the trailer. And they even managed to slip in some callbacks to the original show(which I used to watch as a kid). The tiara throw! Wondering if the scene where she looks up at the airliner is a hint at the invisible jet, maybe? XD

Anyway, it actually looks good. Not sure how they're going to explain Chris Pine's character being alive again(maybe a spirit or vision only WW can see?). But whatever! WW kicking ass on the big screen is good enough for me!

- - - Updated - - -

I saw that too! Nice nod to the fashion of the times. Noticed a guy starting a breakdancing move in one scene too!

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i'm sure this would be a fine movie, if gadot wasn't such a terrible actress.

always that same deadeyed stare when she's trying to be intense.
    Surely she's better than Brie Larson. Either way it's basically casting looks over talent which is unfortunate, though I'm sure they'll both grow into it.

Let’s please PLEASE not bring Brie Larson and Daisy into this. There’s a Captain Marvel megathread I made months ago and a Rise of Skywalker thread that’s very much still active. Please stay on topic and DONT even discuss Trump.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    Surely she's better than Brie Larson. Either way it's basically casting looks over talent which is unfortunate, though I'm sure they'll both grow into it.
    No need to cross the streams, let's stick to DC. I certainly think she is better than Cavill's Superman. I'm okay with Batfleck, and Mamoa's Aquaman is great fun, if a little unconventional, but Cavill's Superman, bleh, such a bland boring role-fill.

Not really sure about bringing Steve back. Probably going to die anyway, cant cheat time/fate, all that thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    No need to cross the streams, let's stick to DC. I certainly think she is better than Cavill's Superman. I'm okay with Batfleck, and Mamoa's Aquaman is great fun, if a little unconventional, but Cavill's Superman, bleh, such a bland boring role-fill.
    Problem is they don't know how to write a good Superman movie. Man of Steel was decent, but why they made him all sad and mopey, I'll never know. BvS was again, decent, but his death had no impact because really, you only just met the guy compared ( I know, no crossing streams but...) Iron Man's death where you felt the loss.
    Just don't reply to me. Please. If you can help it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ausr View Post
    Problem is they don't know how to write a good Superman movie. Man of Steel was decent, but why they made him all sad and mopey, I'll never know. BvS was again, decent, but his death had no impact because really, you only just met the guy compared ( I know, no crossing streams but...) Iron Man's death where you felt the loss.
    There were plenty of problems with MoS or BvS as movies, sure, but Cavill's performance was bleh too, I think. Who knows how he would have done under a different story/ production, but even with mustache-gate the reshoots were as wooden as ever with him trying to be "fun" or whatever. Likewise, maybe he was hired because he has that natural glare and they wanted it for MoS's gritty-ness or whatever.
    His death was so-so, it didn't seem to accomplish anything, and after-credits implied it was temporary anyway.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Looks fun and I love the 80's aesthetic/sounds. Will most likely see this in Cinemas for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    Not really sure about bringing Steve back. Probably going to die anyway, cant cheat time/fate, all that thing.
    To me, this will make or break the movie for me. I'll happily watch it because I love comic book movies in general and Wonder Woman is cool and Gal Gadot is flames, but I really hope the movie does Steve's return justice. And I agree, I'm guessing he will die, permanently, because we don't see him in BvS or Justice League.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    If he dies it'll actually contradict Justice League in which she says, "I lost someone I loved once." This would be twice, although that could be a bit of a quibble.
    Haha yeah good point. At this point though, they're retconning a lot of stuff from BvS and JL, so who knows any more. But whatever, as long as the movie is good, I don't care.

Well after Shazam and Aquaman I’m a bit more hopeful of DC getting their act together. Likely this will be another positive, and let’s just not think about Birds of Prey.

Seeing Steve and also seeing Maxwell Lord makes me think she’s being mindfucked.

Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    cavil looks exactly like superman is supposed to look. how is he not fucking perfect for it?

cavil looks exactly like superman is supposed to look. how is he not fucking perfect for it?
    He is.

The real problem is that Superman is just a shit character. The actor is doing a fine job with what he's given.

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    He is.

The real problem is that Superman is just a shit character. The actor is doing a fine job with what he's given.
    if that clip of them all fighting superman from justice league is anything to go by, cavil is the only decent actor they've got.

momoa was also decent, but even his face looked like he wasn't in the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    He is.

Depends who is given the reigns when it comes to portraying characters, especially overpowered ones. Even back when they were going to make the Reeves version of Superman, there were huge doubts about if/how the franchise could be successful, the reasons then echoing what we tend to hear now when it comes to Superman. What was done very well there was that they didn't try to make Superman relatable or cool, they tried to make him inspirational. From his farm days to his city days, his base character doesn't change to where he always believes in the good of people, naively so in many cases, despite being an insanely powerful being. Instead of just going the more nihilist route, the portrayal is meant to have the viewer actually think how Superman views the world in these movies is how the world should be, even if it isn't.

There are actually some parallels in Synder's Superman, however it had issues of everything feeling rushed, especially in character development with the movies we were given. Everything during and through Man of Steel and BvS didn't have enough development to where things felt shoe-horned or the audience didn't even have enough time to connect to the characters in a meaningful way. If anything, there should've been another movie between MoS and BvS to further develop and evolve Superman.

Expanding this to other franchises, including Wonder Woman and heroes not of the DC persuasion, the name of the game is character development and finding a way to make the audience connect to the characters. The first WW movie spent a decent amount of time developing Diane kind of in a similar fashion to the older Superman movies, which is why it likely resonated more with people. Then we get other franchises where you'd think they were resting on their laurels of franchise/character name recognition versus crafting a narrative and scenario in which audiences would seek out and make a connection with the films.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

"Look" not including facial expressions other than constipation? Maybe a smile or any sort of emotion? I guess the scream as he killed Zod was something. I assume that stoic look is what they wanted and he did what they wanted, but it was very bland.