View Poll Results: 10 days left, what'll it be?

Voters
92. This poll is closed
  • Hard Brexit (crash out)

45 48.91%
  • No Brexit (Remain by revoking A50)

24 26.09%
  • Withdrawal Agreement (after a new session is called)

0 0%
  • Extension + Withdrawal Agreement

3 3.26%
  • Extension + Crashout

9 9.78%
  • Extension + Remain

11 11.96%
    Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    He apologised for his antisemitism yesterday, our Phillip on the comfy sofa dragged it out of the shameful man, so that makes everything hunky dory in the Labour party does it? I'm betting if it weren't for the election he wouldn't have said sorry. But then if what you say is true why did he apologise for something he and the Labour Party are not?

He isn't fooling anyone.

Here's what a holocaust survivor said today...

94-year-old Holocaust survivor blasts Jeremy Corbyn for anti-Semitism in the Labour party

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/104790...-labour-party/

and here's the begrudging apology from yesterday...

[videosnip[/video]

Corbyn has apologised for anti-Semitism amongst the Labour ranks, on 3 occasions now.

Boris has yet to acknowledge, let alone apologise for, his and his parties rampant Islamophobia.

Both of these people are unfit to run our country, but the biggest tragedy of this is that one form of racism looks to be far more acceptable than another form of racism.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    He apologised for his antisemitism yesterday
    No he didn't.

He apologised for antisemitism shown by other members of his party (as he has done many times) and stated his party was taking/had taken action against it. He also mentioned the fact other parties are neither taking action nor apologising for incidents of racism/bigotry by their members (In fairness the Tories can't really do either ATM as their leader is one of their biggest sources of racism/bigotry and they're trying to win an election).

Maybe you should watch the videos you post instead of reading the titles and guessing ^^

Give us 5 minutes will you? We have to drain the parliamentary swamp first. Remain are all over the place, whilst Brexiteers are organised and united.

https://unite2leave.co.uk

Before the tick tocks restart you could just listen to the message in my sig, over and over you'll get the message...
    Now that you've ditched the BNP, isn't about time you changed your avatar?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiase View Post
    my my my, 4 days without any posts, is brexit cancelled @dribbles ?
    Did they extend the deadline for leaving again perhaps? for the 28465th time?
    No no no. Now reality has sunk in that brexit is inevitable following the arrival of a majority for Boris on Friday, along with a pro Brexit parliament having drained the swamp of remainers, all the oh so bolshy remainers that infested here have skulked away rather than stay and publicly admit they were wrong all along.

You can see the beginnings of their excuses in the UK election thread....

Almost wish I could be here to share the tears of joy with the few eurochums that are left on here over the coming weekend, and I did have the mansized kleenex tissues at the ready for them, but unfortunately I'm off on my annual trip to Barbados on Thursday, so will have to miss such a delicious event.

Know that even though I may not be here with you, I'll be raising a celebratory glass on a beach in sunnier climes on Friday and thinking of you all.

Happy Brexmas eurochums, not long to go now, tick tock...
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

Quote Originally Posted by Tiase View Post
    my my my, 4 days without any posts, is brexit cancelled @dribbles ?
    Did they extend the deadline for leaving again perhaps? for the 28465th time?
    Well, Brexit is even more of at a standstill now than it had been before due to the upcoming elections. People are just talking about UK-related matters in the election thread instead of here. Whether or not Dribble's predictions come true or not, activity here will pick up again afterwards, when there is something to really talk about not already covered elsewhere. That is what megathreads are about, after all.,

No no no. Now reality has sunk in that brexit is inevitable following the arrival of a majority for Boris on Friday, along with a pro Brexit parliament having drained the swamp of remainers, all the oh so bolshy remainers that infested here have skulked away rather than stay and publicly admit they were wrong all along.

Almost wish I could be here to share the tears of joy with the few eurochums that are left on here over the coming weekend, and I did have the mansized kleenex tissues at the ready for them, but unfortunately I'm off on my annual trip to Barbados on Thursday, so will have to miss such a delicious event.

Know that even though I may not be here with you, I'll be raising a celebratory glass on a beach in sunnier climes on Friday and thinking of you all.

If enough people fall for this shit and vote Tory, then what can I say? We deserve everything we get. But anything other than a clear Boris victory and your Brexit dream dies once and for all dribbles, and you know this.

But you lose either way. Either Boris doesn't get a majority and Brexit either dies on its own, or it dies after a second referendum. Or Boris wins, Brexit happens and we all get to see that you had no fucking idea what you were talking about all along. As Brexit turns into the gigantic shitfest that we know it will, every post you've ever made proclaiming about what a great thing it is shows your stupidity up even more. And moving forward we can tell all the Brexit supporters to shut up, sit down and let the grown-ups fix it. We'll be back in the EU inside of a decade and we'll shut people like you up for decades more than that.

So yeh, you lose either way. But I'd prefer it not to be in a way that screws the poor people of the country over, regardless of how little intelligence they've applied to this whole scenario.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    very interesting week ahead. and i wish it would be over already

Quote Originally Posted by Rochana View Post
    Don't forget, it was also because of Tory mismanagement / incompetence that there was a terrorist attack on London Bridge earlier this week.

- - - Updated - - -

Is this somehow a controversial opinion within the UK?

Or it this just more pearl-clutching caused by the media?

"Oh noes, someone is questioning the rightfulness of an artificial aggressive state at the root of massive and permanent violence and injustices in the Middle East! Which incidentally also has strong ties to the large military-industrial and corporate weapon manufacturers around the world."
    Actualy it was laws from under labour that got him released.

I'm all for throwing shade but it needs to be shit that's actualy right.

After blithering, bungling boris's performance in his tv debate with corbyn, a hung parliment is all the more likely. The tories are so ashamed of their racist leader that they dont even mention him in their election flyers. All the tories have to offer is a racist clown and a dead soundbite.

Quote Originally Posted by Huehuecoyotl View Post
    If enough people fall for this shit and vote Tory, then what can I say? We deserve everything we get. But anything other than a clear Boris victory and your Brexit dream dies once and for all dribbles, and you know this.

But you lose either way. Either Boris doesn't get a majority and Brexit either dies on its own, or it dies after a second referendum. Or Boris wins, Brexit happens and we all get to see that you had no fucking idea what you were talking about all along. As Brexit turns into the gigantic shitfest that we know it will, every post you've ever made proclaiming about what a great thing it is shows your stupidity up even more. And moving forward we can tell all the Brexit supporters to shut up, sit down and let the grown-ups fix it. We'll be back in the EU inside of a decade and we'll shut people like you up for decades more than that.

So yeh, you lose either way. But I'd prefer it not to be in a way that screws the poor people of the country over, regardless of how little intelligence they've applied to this whole scenario.
    I will rofl so hard if Boris wins and he still can't get Brexit through parliament

For pure enjoyment, which is probably the only thing left to be gained from this disaster, its the outcome I am hoping for.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Monster Hunter View Post
    Actualy it was laws from under labour that got him released.

I'm all for throwing shade but it needs to be shit that's actualy right.
    Actually, no. There were plenty of other sentencing options that could have been used that didn't permit automatic release.

See more here:

https://thesecretbarrister.com/2019/...early-release/
    Speciation Is Gradual

Quote Originally Posted by Lollis View Post
    Actually, no. There were plenty of other sentencing options that could have been used that didn't permit automatic release.

See more here:

https://thesecretbarrister.com/2019/...early-release/
    Actualy yes, the choice of sentencing option is entirely up to the judge once the defendant is found guilty. The fact he/she chose that option is entirly that judges fault not the blame of the political institutions, but the fact it was an option the judge had is labour's fault.

Quote Originally Posted by rewtlance View Post
    Yes, if someone gets let off for murder it is all the fault of the Whig party for writing the statute 200 years ago, or something.
    Your statment as sarcasm agrees with my point and points out the ludicracy of the person I was replying to's point. I'm not sure you intended that but OK.

A conviction / non conviction and level of sentence given is entirly a matter of the judge in a court and what they choose to apply on a case by case basis is up to them free of politics.

What options they have to choose from though in sentencing is the responsibility of politicians.

Or to put it so even simple minds could understand, its not the politicians who sentences a man to death but it is the politician who allowed such a sentence to exhist.
    Last edited by Monster Hunter; 2019-12-09 at 03:25 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Your statment as sarcasm agrees with my point and points out the ludicracy of the person I was replying to's point. I'm not sure you intended that but OK.

A conviction / non conviction and level of sentence given is entirly a matter of the judge in a court and what they choose to apply on a case by case basis is up to them free of politics.

What options they have to choose from though in sentencing is the responsibility of politicians.

Or to put it so even simple minds could understand, its not the politicians who sentences a man to death but it is the politician who allowed such a sentence to exhist.
    Clearly didn't look at the link. Maybe your mind is too simple.

Automatic release exists for people who genuinely should be released. There were options that could have been used that did not allow for automatic release.

Just because the option exists it does not at all mean that A. It should have been used and B. It is the LAST GOVERNMENT'S fault that it was chosen instead of the multitude of none automatic sentences.

The point you are trying to make? It doesn't fucking exist.
    Speciation Is Gradual

10+ Year Old Account

It was up to the parole board, but they decided they didn't want to intervene. He should have been on the de-radicalisation program, but he wasn't. He should have been under watch from the probation service, they were understaffed. He was literally at a rehabilitation meeting. He was probably being watched by the security services as well.

To say it's the failing of a government 9 years ago, when there's opportunity in that time to change the law, provide the probation and parole, and prison services the means to do their jobs, and the security services to do their fucking job is just fucking sick. Jog on with your tory bullshit.

Meanwhile, the guys who actually tackled him were released under the same fucking program.
    Last edited by Jessicka; 2019-12-09 at 11:41 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    No he didn't.

He apologised for antisemitism shown by other members of his party (as he has done many times) and stated his party was taking/had taken action against it. He also mentioned the fact other parties are neither taking action nor apologising for incidents of racism/bigotry by their members (In fairness the Tories can't really do either ATM as their leader is one of their biggest sources of racism/bigotry and they're trying to win an election).

Maybe you should watch the videos you post instead of reading the titles and guessing ^^
    Whatever, can't vote Corbyn because of anti-semitism he's apologised for and set up new systems to deal with, and go with the fucking openly racist, anti-semite, homophobic, islamophobic, xenophobic, transphobic bigot that is Boris. At least you know you're signing up to all that shit with him. Yeah, hold him to lower standards and see how that works out.

Tommy Robinson, who is very openly anti-semitic supports Boris. Corbyn must be the problem.

And you can't see the ridiculous deflection all this is?

Quote Originally Posted by rewtlance View Post
    Wow! You must tell everyone who works for the government that the judiciary has no independence from the legislative. We thought we had separation of powers since Magna Carta according to everyone, ever, but now Monster Hunter has shown us the fucking truth.
    1. Magna carta is meaningless it was thrown out shortly after being accepted (God knows why people keep pointing to it)
    2. There is speration that's entirly my point, that's why you can't blame the tory gov just because they happend to be in power when he was arrested, if you can't read that's not my issue.
    3. Though there is speration and parliament can't interfear in a judicial case, judges sentencing is still based on the guidelines and options dictated in the legislature from Parliament. Which in this case if we're gonna nit pick the sentencing option that saw him released early would be one added by Labour.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Whatever, can't vote Corbyn because of anti-semitism he's apologised for and set up new systems to deal with, and go with the fucking openly racist, anti-semite, homophobic, islamophobic, xenophobic, transphobic bigot that is Boris. At least you know you're signing up to all that shit with him. Yeah, hold him to lower standards and see how that works out.

Tommy Robinson, who is very openly anti-semitic supports Boris. Corbyn must be the problem.

And you can't see the ridiculous deflection all this is?
    First how is Boris homophobic or transphobic, he's definatly a racist cunt but he broke the wip to vote for gay rights, are you just throwing out labels to be edgy or what?

Secound Hamas supports corbyn so are people to be judged by who shows support for them? Because there's Alot more innocent blood on Hamas hands. Also Tommy the twat might support Boris but Boris hasn't shown any support back, same can't be said for corbyn and Hamas or the IRA.

- - - Updated - - -

It was up to the parole board, but they decided they didn't want to intervene. He should have been on the de-radicalisation program, but he wasn't. He should have been under watch from the probation service, they were understaffed. He was literally at a rehabilitation meeting. He was probably being watched by the security services as well.

To say it's the failing of a government 9 years ago, when there's opportunity in that time to change the law, provide the probation and parole, and prison services the means to do their jobs, and the security services to do their fucking job is just fucking sick. Jog on with your tory bullshit.

Meanwhile, the guys who actually tackled him were released under the same fucking program.
    I'm not saying its the failing of the goverment 9 years ago, don't jump into a conversation in the middle and pretend you know the jist. I said his sentence was one introduced by Labour and the goverment don't inteffear with the judiciary so that's the start and end of the political involvement.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lollis View Post
    Clearly didn't look at the link. Maybe your mind is too simple.

Automatic release exists for people who genuinely should be released. There were options that could have been used that did not allow for automatic release.

Just because the option exists it does not at all mean that A. It should have been used and B. It is the LAST GOVERNMENT'S fault that it was chosen instead of the multitude of none automatic sentences.

The point you are trying to make? It doesn't fucking exist.
    I didn't say it was the last government's fault it was chosen. I even explicitly said its entirly up to the judge multiple times, Maybe some one should work on there own reading comprehension. What I did say is very clearly that the fact that option exists is because of Labour, I also never sated that I disagree it should exhist, you lot simply assumed that.

Quote Originally Posted by Rochana View Post
    In the end it was just mismanagement of justice by the Tories. A better government, less focused on slashing funds from the judiciary, penintiary and law enforcement, more than likely could've prevented it.

Tories are basically just a really bad choice to govern anything. And the only other viable option left then in a FPTP system is labour.
    It was bad decision making of the judge and the CPS.

Seriously, the very last thing you want to do is make this political, because the eye of public fury will land first on who made the light sentence an option for the judge to pick first long befor it falls on any notion of how having one or two less secutarys made the CPS's job harder. I can tell you from experience as a victim of crime the CPS isn't lacking in jobs worths and incompitant box tickers.

FPTP can go fuck it's self, there's no way in hell I'll ever vote tory or Labour as long as I live.
    Last edited by Monster Hunter; 2019-12-09 at 04:20 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    1. Magna carta is meaningless it was thrown out shortly after being accepted (God knows why people keep pointing to it)
    2. There is speration that's entirly my point, that's why you can't blame the tory gov just because they happend to be in power when he was arrested, if you can't read that's not my issue.
    3. Though there is speration and parliament can't interfear in a judicial case, judges sentencing is still based on the guidelines and options dictated in the legislature from Parliament. Which in this case if we're gonna nit pick the sentencing option that saw him released early would be one added by Labour.

- - - Updated - - -

First how is Boris homophobic or transphobic, he's definatly a racist cunt but he broke the wip to vote for gay rights, are you just throwing out labels to be edgy or what?

Secound Hamas supports corbyn so are people to be judged by who shows support for them? Because there's Alot more innocent blood on Hamas hands. Also Tommy the twat might support Boris but Boris hasn't shown any support back, same can't be said for corbyn and Hamas or the IRA.
    Tank topped bum boys, gay marriage equating 3 men and a dog?

Shelving the gender recognition act?

I'm not saying its the failing of the goverment 9 years ago, don't jump into a conversation in the middle and pretend you know the jist. I said his sentence was one introduced by Labour and the goverment don't inteffear with the judiciary so that's the start and end of the political involvement.
    When he received his sentence it was indeterminate. When it was changed, it had an order on it to put it to review when the determined periods were reached. The Tories then changed those laws.

And in the intervening time, Tory cuts to the prison and probation services meant he could not be appropriately monitored or rehabilitated. He was just passed through a check box system till he was done and kicked out of it.

It’s clear you will not hold politicians to equal standards. You regurgitate right wing claptrap about Corbyn while ignoring similar or worse offences by Tory or Lib Dems and even argued they’re false equivalence or whataboutism.

How does he get support from Tommy Robinson and his crowd? With his overt bigotry. He doesn’t need to call it directly as many of his councillors do (to get suspended for a matter of hours before reinstatement).

It just seems all that shit is baked in to Conservative policy, so it’s ignored. So the standards to be met are unachievable for the left, even though the likes of Boris would have been kicked out of any other party years ago, same as he was sacked from prior employment for the same behaviour. Instead, they make him leader.

His own fucking book is full of racism and antisemitism by these accounts.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...box=1575907891
    Last edited by Jessicka; 2019-12-09 at 04:51 PM.

Tank topped bum boys, gay marriage equating 3 men and a dog?

Shelving the gender recognition act?

When he received his sentence it was indeterminate. When it was changed, it had an order on it to put it to review when the determined periods were reached. The Tories then changed those laws.

And in the intervening time, Tory cuts to the prison and probation services meant he could not be appropriately monitored or rehabilitated. He was just passed through a check box system till he was done and kicked out of it.

It’s clear you will not hold politicians to equal standards. You regurgitate right wing claptrap about Corbyn while ignoring similar or worse offences by Tory or Lib Dems and even argued they’re false equivalence or whataboutism.

How does he get support from Tommy Robinson and his crowd? With his overt bigotry. He doesn’t need to call it directly as many of his councillors do (to get suspended for a matter of hours before reinstatement).

It just seems all that shit is baked in to Conservative policy, so it’s ignored. So the standards to be met are unachievable for the left, even though the likes of Boris would have been kicked out of any other party years ago, same as he was sacked from prior employment for the same behaviour. Instead, they make him leader.
    1. I want a source in those comments as I've seen his voting record and for a tory its exemplary in lgbt rights

2. Changes to sentencing laws don't apply to crimes committed and allready sentenced. That's why there's still that Manchester kid in prison for over a decade for stealing a bike because of the indeterminant sentencing, https://www.google.com/amp/s/metro.c...r-9133385/amp/

Let's real talk here, Indeterminate sentences were a fucking crime against human rights and Blair should be held accountable for introducing them, it was right that a review order was placed and the fuck up is entirly with the legislation relating to that review orders, I determinant sentencing and then the parole board and cps. Which has been my point. But all of that has nothing to do with the torys, the parole board and cps has always been fucking incompetent and a little to do with labour in that it's just another example of how fucking awful the Blair administration was at writing legislation.

Ofc I don't hold politicians to equal standards, I hold left wing politicians to much higher standards because there supposed to be of much higher standard. The left wins by holding the moral high ground and you don't get that unless you have the higher morals, when a criminal commits a crime no one blinks, when a charity worker does the same everyone's outraged, why? Because there supposed to be better than that and its fucking right that those who espouse higher morals should be held to them. If your willing to fight in the dirt with the right you have no buissness calling your self left wing. The world dosnt get better by the left wing lowering itself to meet the right.

4.How does corbyn get the support of Hamas and there crowed,with his anti-semetic dog whistles, he dosnt have to be overt about it like his suspended party memebers and councilors do. < see how that works, the simple fact that this can be brought up shows how fucking far into the mud Labour have fallen.

If the standard of being a decent human being without courting groups that stone gays and blow up shopping centers is unachievable to labour then they should fucking quit, if labour can't live up to the moral standards they say they advocate then they have no more fucking buissness getting my vote than the racist shit hole torys do. This election should be a fucking walk over for Labour, after austerity and after a decade of tory rule but people don't trust corbyn and you can have a little paddy about the media just like Boris supporters do when ever the BBC puts up an inclusive video, but you know full fucking well what corbyns said in interviews over the years thats given them that ammunition.
    Last edited by Monster Hunter; 2019-12-09 at 05:10 PM.