Poll: Will Ion be replaced?

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dungo View Post
    But so far, it seems most people are heavily underwhelmed by the Shadowlands already.
    Stop writing shit like this if you want people to take you seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Sageofthe10paths View Post
    Ion makes WoW less and less fun, and does NOT understand video games. Metzen left because of Ion and how annoying he is. He is a human hemroid and I wish he would never touch another video game ever again. He will make a poor change everyone hates, then lawyer speak his way around the issue and try to mind trick to fool us, and only the Blizz White Knight Cuck Patrol nerds fall for it.
    /agree, The only reason that he has stayed in that position this long is because Mike Nodick is either scared of firing a lawyer or loves the idea of a lawyer running part of the company so he doesn't have to deal with somebody with artistic talent that he doesn't understand.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    How do we know BfA was a colossal failure?
    Because it wasn't fun, class design and story is at an all time low? OH I DON'T KNOW. If something fucking sucks, it sucks. Doesn't matter if it still made money. Look at the new star wars trilogy LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    If SL is the last expansion I don't think Activision-Blizzard would retain the Warcraft IP. I think they'd sell it, probably to some company in China.
    I was reading that Mike Morhaime is getting some talent together that left Blizzard and getting back into the developer game. If WoW really falls so far that the IP has lost most of its earning value then I wouldn't be surprised if he buys it and tries to turn it back into the cash cow it used to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    People passing off their opinions as garbage is garbage... and what you (and others like you) fail to understand if Ion was replaced right this second you'd feel his influence in Shadowlands, in the expansion after that, AND the expansion after that (yes, they DO work that far in advance) What you (and others of your flavor) further fail to understand what you are seeing is a TEAM effort, not just Ion saying 'ok guys this is what we are going to do and this is how I want you to do it'
    People often mistake figureheads and poster boys for the entire brains behind an operation. That mistake probably comes from a mix of ignorance and a desire to put a face they can personally hold responsible for all their gripes and problems with an organization, system, or product.
    ( -> | |=====-~
    / ) \ | |
    - " "-| |
    ( -> | |====~
    / ) \ | |
    -" "-| |

Quote Originally Posted by Nzx View Post
    We get it, you don't like Dragon Soul. It was legitimately like ten years ago, get over it lol. If I had to guess, I'd say Dragon Soul had some of the highest engagement in terms of player participation in the game's history, and some of the fights were actually pretty interesting. The loot in particular was great. So, he might not answer you, but I have pretty fond memories of Dragon Soul and I think the fact that you are so desperate to tell everyone you hate it so much says more about you than it does about anyone who designed it. Take a breather. Play a different game. You need some perspective.
    I don't remember fights being intensive or interesting, spine was OK but that's it. Entire raid didn't had any imagination and it took them 5 months to release it. The point was that ever since he took charge was had a steady drop in player population, this year will only be different cause of Classic. Out of my bnet list 95% have stopped playing mid BfA while some came back when classic stated.

- - - Updated - - -

You refuse to grasp that your opinions aren't facts... so what is the difference? And what relevance to the discussion of facts is someone's opinion about a particular raid? I'll make you a deal... I'll answer your question AFTER you grasp the concept that your opinion isn't fact.
    I never said it's a fact, I said he is solely to blame which he is since when he took charge wow had a decline of players...

Quote Originally Posted by markos82 View Post
    I don't remember fights being intensive or interesting, spine was OK but that's it. Entire raid didn't had any imagination and it took them 5 months to release it. The point was that ever since he took charge was had a steady drop in player population, this year will only be different cause of Classic. Out of my bnet list 95% have stopped playing mid BfA while some came back when classic stated.

- - - Updated - - -

I never said it's a fact, I said he is solely to blame which he is since when he took charge wow had a decline of players...
    You do know you can't have an infinite growth on a video game, especially on a dying genre like mmorpg? You do know that right?

10+ Year Old Account
    'Solely to blame' you say. Can you prove this? Of course you can't. So its at best your opinion, an uninformed baseless opinion, but its still your opinion.
    Last edited by Seranthor; 2019-12-09 at 09:37 AM.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    Because it wasn't fun, class design and story is at an all time low? OH I DON'T KNOW. If something fucking sucks, it sucks. Doesn't matter if it still made money. Look at the new star wars trilogy LOL.
    Well sure, but if they make a lot of money, is it then a colossal failure for blizz?

'Solely to blame' you say. Can you prove this? Of course you can't. So its at best your opinion, an uninformed baseless opinion, but its still your opinion.
    Yeah because he is game director of WoW and before that was lead game designer ever since WotLK....

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah because he is game director of WoW and before that was lead game designer ever since WotLK....
    tick tock, tick tock... I'm still waiting for fucking proof that he's 'solely to blame'... tick tock... and I'm looking for the citation he was 'lead game designer' since LK... tick tock... tick tock.

If it was true you wouldn't have any problem at all proving it... instead you just continue to repeat the words with no proof.
    Last edited by Seranthor; 2019-12-09 at 11:01 AM.

I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

sorry but i fking hope so

Quote Originally Posted by Specialka View Post
    You do know you can't have an infinite growth on a video game, especially on a dying genre like mmorpg? You do know that right?
    Wow has been dying for 8+ years, there are still Mmorpg games like Eve online or entropia universe that have been online for quite a long time. The point is his decisions are hurting the game, quite a few ppl despise immensely large "gambling" system we have now and blizzard introduces Azerite armor and increases it even more... And I'm still waiting for you to answer do you think DS was a proper way to end expansion and was it justified to wait 5 months for something like that after Firelands which were imo much better and interesting raid.

I already reply to you about DS, and I told you I found it fine. Firelands had some interesting fights as well. The only raid I do not like is Uldir because I do not like the aesthetics (though some boss are cool inside as well).

tick tock, tick tock... I'm still waiting for fucking proof that he's 'solely to blame'... tick tock... and I'm looking for the citation he was 'lead game designer' since LK... tick tock... tick tock.

If it was true you wouldn't have any problem at all proving it... instead you just continue to repeat the words with no proof.
    You do know how to use Google? Right? But since you are I guess to lazy then
    https://wow.gamepedia.com/Ion_Hazzikostas

So tick tock tick tick and so on....

So your boss is solely to blame for all of your mistakes?

10+ Year Old Account
    You do know how to use Google? Right? But since you are I guess to lazy then
    https://wow.gamepedia.com/Ion_Hazzikostas

So tick tock tick tick and so on....
    So show me in there where he was the (your words) ' lead game designer ever since WotLK' Because the Cata credits have him as 'Game Designer', even the MOP credits have him as 'Game Designer'... Not until WOD is he shown as 'Lead Game Designer'... So should I believe Blizzard... or should I believe you? I think I'll believe Blizzard.

Even in this... it says 'In 2015 he rose from Lead Encounter Designer to Assistant Game Director, under Tom Chilton, and in late 2016 was promoted to Game Director when Chilton left the team for another Blizzard project'

Nowhere in that article does it say he was a Lead in LK... So I will ask you one final time to back up your claim... I want to believe you, I really do... but nothing I can find backs your claim, surely you have SOMETHING to back your claim

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Of course not... did you notice how he blamed Ion for everything even as far back as Cata, even though Ion didn't become Game Director until late 2016?

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Comparing apples and oranges... Also I am my own boss so mistakes I make are my own, mistakes that others make are their own, but that is how my business works. If I tell them to do one thing and they do something else it's their fault if I told them to do something and they do it and that turns out to be a bad decision I can't blame them for listening to my orders.
    In his case if his word is final everything we see or most of it is his decision, by that I mean everything implemented in game, if there are bugs that is a different thing, something that new patch will fix ( hopefully) but dungeons, raids, azerite gear bad quests... ( imo) are here to stay until next expansion at least.

- - - Updated - - -

So show me in there where he was the (your words) ' lead game designer ever since WotLK' Because the Cata credits have him as 'Game Designer', even the MOP credits have him as 'Game Designer'... Not until WOD is he shown as 'Lead Game Designer'... So should I believe Blizzard... or should I believe you? I think I'll believe Blizzard.

Even in this... it says 'In 2015 he rose from Lead Encounter Designer to Assistant Game Director, under Tom Chilton, and in late 2016 was promoted to Game Director when Chilton left the team for another Blizzard project'

Nowhere in that article does it say he was a Lead in LK... So I will ask you one final time to back up your claim... I want to believe you, I really do... but nothing I can find backs your claim, surely you have SOMETHING to back your claim

- - - Updated - - -

Of course not... did you notice how he blamed Ion for everything even as far back as Cata, even though Ion didn't become Game Director until late 2016?
    I blamed him for raids, not that hard to read, did you missed the part about me saying that DS was a shitty excuse for raid a raid that is ending an expansion... Well in my opinion. I guess you did...

10+ Year Old Account
    Comparing apples and oranges... Also I am my own boss so mistakes I make are my own, mistakes that others make are their own, but that is how my business works. If I tell them to do one thing and they do something else it's their fault if I told them to do something and they do it and that turns out to be a bad decision I can't blame them for listening to my orders.
    In his case if his word is final everything we see or most of it is his decision, by that I mean everything implemented in game, if there are bugs that is a different thing, something that new patch will fix ( hopefully) but dungeons, raids, azerite gear bad quests... ( imo) are here to stay until next expansion at least.
    If Chilton was the Game Director (the job Ion has now) up until 2016... shouldn't you be blaming him for everything from LK to 2016 since (your words) 'In his case if his word is final everything we see or most of it is his decision' instead of shitting all over Ion? Or does Chilton get some kind of pass because you really just hate Ion and you're gonna blame everyone on him anyway even though it wasn't his fault?

If Chilton was the Game Director (the job Ion has now) up until 2016... shouldn't you be blaming him for everything from LK to 2016 since (your words) 'In his case if his word is final everything we see or most of it is his decision' instead of shitting all over Ion? Or does Chilton get some kind of pass because you really just hate Ion and you're gonna blame everyone on him anyway even though it wasn't his fault?
    No it doesn't but he isn't in question here, Ion is like the thread says in the title. Also I think Ion was lead encounter designer since 2011 or so, but yeah game designer since 2016. I can blame him for Azerite gear, can I?
    Last edited by markos82; 2019-12-09 at 12:22 PM.