Page 12 of 27 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Blizzard had coddled WoW casuals so hard for so long it's a joke.
    What a bunch of entitled children. NEW EXPANSION BUT NO NEW CLASS WTF IS THIS!?

Surprise, you don't need a new present every day. I know I know dudley but you got 17 last year why only 15 this year?

Swtor has had the same 8 classes for like 10 years and no one is crying. WoW has like 26 and players want more. MORE DAMN YOU! MORE WINE! or in this case more Whine?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    So yeah... half of them are reskins. New hairstyles / horns are not really "new model" they did add new hairstyles to old races at some point, like the double ponytail nelf or the gnomish hairstyles ported to female undead... They also added new horns to tauren. They could add new hair / horn styles and new skin colours to these races and bam, we'd have half of these "allied races" covered.

Basically what they're showing for Shadowlands with the new hairstyles / skin colours for Trolls, Dwarves and Undead. They also said they'll add new tail shapes for Draenei.

That's what's bugging me, half of these allied races could just expand customization options of already existing race and it would be fine, but naaah let's make people rep grind and pay for race changes.

Vulpera or Kul Tirans, okay, at least it's a new model so it's justified to be a separate race.

But yeah, someone tell me why Wildhammer Dwarf or Frost Dwarf is a slider within a "Dwarf" race but Dark Iron is a separate entity.
    yes, most of them are reskins, but not all of them, plus i rather 10-12 races that are mostly reskins, with 2-4 "brand new models" then just 1-2 brand new models.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by dipzz View Post
    Blizzard had coddled WoW casuals so hard for so long it's a joke.
    What a bunch of entitled children. NEW EXPANSION BUT NO NEW CLASS WTF IS THIS!?

Surprise, you don't need a new present every day. I know I know dudley but you got 17 last year why only 15 this year?

Swtor has had the same 8 classes for like 10 years and no one is crying. WoW has like 26 and players want more. MORE DAMN YOU! MORE WINE! or in this case more Whine?

this post was formed in a mushy brain.

how is expecting a major feature in a major expansion entitled or casual?

"Surprise, you don't need a new present every day"

no, just every 2-4 years....

swtor isnt WoW and is dead in comparison to the behemoth that is WoW

" or in this case more Whine?"

this is the most boomer thing i've read

10+ Year Old Account
    Because WoW doesn't need any more new classes right now, it needs the 12 classes we already have to be fixed, and adding a 13th would be detrimental to that... The 12 we already have are a mess and require their full attention right now.
    Last edited by Schattenlied; 2019-12-08 at 08:07 PM.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

check blizzcon announcement, it's another filler xpan

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Guildenstern View Post
    Knowing Ion however...
    I like how people guess they know someone based on pixels...

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    yes, most of them are reskins, but not all of them, plus i rather 10-12 races that are mostly reskins, with 2-4 "brand new models" then just 1-2 brand new models.
    I'd rather have more customization for existing races than half of that customization packaged as a new race. Guess we have to agree to disagree. I'm happy for Shadowlands that I can change my Dwarf Rogue into a "Wildhammer" by a slider in a barber shop and don't have to pay Blizz 25$ or how much is race change nowadays.

It's seriously the feature of Shadowlands I'm the most hyped for, we get something we don't have to grind or pay $$$ for. I don't know if every old race is getting these options, but we already know Humans, Dwarves, Draenei, Trolls, Undead and Blood Elves are getting new options.

And yes, I'm a bit salty because when I saw the new hairstyles and horns on the Draenei on Argus in 7.3, I wanted some of them for my Draenei characters, only to find out they're not added to the old race, you can only get them if you roll the new LF Draenei.

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    they are a skiny night elf,animations are the same
    Animations are seperate from the model. Having the same animations means nothing. Moonkin Form has been using ogre animations since vanilla, rather than moonkin animations. Nobody with a brain would claim they're the same model.

So yeah... half of them are reskins. New hairstyles / horns are not really "new model" they did add new hairstyles to old races at some point, like the double ponytail nelf or the gnomish hairstyles ported to female undead... They also added new horns to tauren. They could add new hair / horn styles and new skin colours to these races and bam, we'd have half of these "allied races" covered.

Basically what they're showing for Shadowlands with the new hairstyles / skin colours for Trolls, Dwarves and Undead. They also said they'll add new tail shapes for Draenei.

That's what's bugging me, half of these allied races could just expand customization options of already existing race and it would be fine, but naaah let's make people rep grind and pay for race changes.

Vulpera or Kul Tirans, okay, at least it's a new model so it's justified to be a separate race.

But yeah, someone tell me why Wildhammer Dwarf or Frost Dwarf is a slider within a "Dwarf" race but Dark Iron is a separate entity.
    vulpera are 100% goblin model

10+ Year Old Account
    why do you need one?

personally i will still play my warlock. New class does nothing for me. Personally I rather much have deeper specializations or subclasses to choose from

7+ Year Old Account
    I'd rather have more customization for existing races than half of that customization packaged as a new race. Guess we have to agree to disagree. I'm happy for Shadowlands that I can change my Dwarf Rogue into a "Wildhammer" by a slider in a barber shop and don't have to pay Blizz 25$ or how much is race change nowadays.

It's seriously the feature of Shadowlands I'm the most hyped for, we get something we don't have to grind or pay $$$ for. I don't know if every old race is getting these options, but we already know Humans, Dwarves, Draenei, Trolls, Undead and Blood Elves are getting new options.

And yes, I'm a bit salty because when I saw the new hairstyles and horns on the Draenei on Argus in 7.3, I wanted some of them for my Draenei characters, only to find out they're not added to the old race, you can only get them if you roll the new LF Draenei.
    And guess what.
    next expansion we are getting more customization for existing races.

also i disagree, only a few of the allied races added so far, feel like they could be current races customization to me.

Void elves, the blood elves racials would not make sense as them, plus then they wouldnt be on alliance side.
    lightforged- the closest of the alliance ones, their massive focus of light racials is nice, but yeah i could see them just being customization options
    dark iron- nah, the racials for normal dwarves wouldnt make sense on these bois, same with classes, also just the whole experiance
    kultirans- close, but again, racials, and story, if they were just a fat option for humans maybe, but these are kultirans!
    mechagnomes- obviously, no, again, different racials, and different story, having a gnome that is like 60% robot, but just acts like a normal gnome? wouldnt be cool, making it an allied race and giving it its own mechanical racials, so good.

nightborne- one, new race to horde, so no not customization, and racials too
    highmountain- yeaaaah they really could just been customization for tauren, but there is that bit of "highmountain focus more on mining and fishing, while ours focus more on herbing"
    maghar- nope, racials wouldnt make sense, like bood frenzy, and being able to be warlocks? no go.
    zandalari- again wouldnt make sense, very different species
    vulpera- again very different from goblins, i could not see these just being customization for current races.

pair all that with them allowing new class combos that dont make sense for the normal race, or these customizations not making sense for other combos, yeah.

- - - Updated - - -

No they are not. They are goblin skeleton, correct, but they are 100% new model.
    how many times do i need to link you the image?

So here is a 3d model.
    First the skeleton, that being the blue thing on the inside, now if you tried to apply this for example to a cat, it wouldnt work at all, it would be a mess. Or if you tried to apply it to a dog that has a shorter neck and legs, like a bulldog it wouldnt work.
    but apply this to any dog that fits that general shape and your fine. That is called a remodel, as you are changing the model ontop of the skeleton, think ofi t as you are getting a skeleton, and putting new flesh on it!

next we have the green lines, that is the skin, that being what is outside of the model, bassicly what covers the model so its visible, this sually has a texture applied to this, now you can make it a grey wolf, or a zombie wolf, or a dark wolf, all of that is a reskin of eachother, as you are not changing the model, just what skin is ontop of the model.
    for example a dog with just boils on its skin, and bones showing, and flesh showing, thats just a reskin, but if you model those bones, and have it missing a jaw, and hav chunks of flesh missing, that is back to remodel.

now the easiest one is just recolour, where you get the wolf and just... change the colour, no change to the skin. Technically a reskin and recolour are the same thing, as you are changing what skin is on the model, but a recolour is much easier then a reskin.

These are all the same skeleton, the first one is all reskins, or recolours.
    but the second on as you can see are remodels, same skeleton, very different models.
    https://puu.sh/ENi3o/8c25e41e1b.mp4
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2019-12-08 at 09:38 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Goblins have tails? Or did you spontaneously forget that 100% means "everything"?

As much as I would love a new class, it would add to the chaos of keeping things semi balanced. I'd rather them give everyone an additional spec/role before adding a new class. Plus, how would they tie in to what happened in Legion? I know it's a past expansion, but every class except the new one gets an artifact weapon skin. Either that or it would be a retcon from hell, and I think they would be even less likely to do that.
    Oh yes, there is a method to my madness O.o
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    We generally consider 0 / 0 / 71 builds to be a failure.
    ^win

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    Whoa, what a roller-coaster of logic! I hope you did some stretches before typing that out.

- - - Updated - - -

What did Monk strip abilities from?

- - - Updated - - -

Struggles how?
    Wow! what a low effort snarky pile of shit as a response! I hope you did some stretches before typing that out!
    If we could all sit and talk without demonizing one another and attempt to understand the opposite point of view, the collective world would be a better place. Mental bigotry is the worst of all.

tbh, I still think we'll get a class announcement at next blizzcon. as if 8.3 is going to be anything less than a 12 month tier. shadowlands will be December at the earliest.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    There's the pretty glaring difference that making a new class takes resources from the same people as fixing existing classes(the class designers), whereas zones and classes are not competing.
    i did say not attacking art team
    ok what if next exp they will say they will introduce a new ranged class (which the game actually need) instead of fix existing classes, heck what if they say that this exp they won't care about balance of classes because they will focus more on lot of outdoor activities? will that be ok?
    they should never advertise that 'balance' is a key feature of an exp, that is something they should work on it 24/7, that should be the normal not a reason to not introduce some exp feature
    returning old spells isn't hard either, u already have the code for it, and u already tested it for years, and unlike vanish that stayed bugged until Cata, or touch of weakness that stayed bugged until late TBC, most of those spells weren't bugged before they got removed, so making them back is just turn a switch on (balance is another story, of course numbers will forever change with time)
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

I really thought Tinker was going to be the new class. With all the tinker related things they have added this expansion and Gazlow having tinker abilities on island expedition. Maybe they are saving it for next expansion, tinker wouldn't make sense with Shadow land.

Quote Originally Posted by Dastreus View Post
    To clarify: It stripped a theme. Enhancement shaman at the same time went less wind and lightning oriented, to more fire and molten lava themed. Monk got the winds, and still salty about it. Meanwhile, their abilities are summoning aid from elementals (the pandaria looking elementals) in some cases, dealing (elemental type) damage with this attack and that. It wasn't until WoD that shamans got some lightning theming back, and Legion for a good return to theme.

As to the topic of classes: If they stripped ghoul and various undeads from DKs to make Necromancers, people would loose it. If they stripped some hunter abilities for tinkerers, people would loose it. Etc. I am sure blizz doesn't want another predictable shit show.
    The thing is, there's nothing 'Wind' about Windwalker in its current form, nor has there ever been. The closest to 'wind' that WW got was in Legion with the new Fists of Fury trait that spawned images of you to fly at your enemy with wind underneath, and the artifact ability 'Strike of the Windlord' was ofc pretty self explanatory. WW has lost both abilities and remains at best a class that just punches. Flying Serpent Kick you fly forwards but not exactly on any wind when you have an image of a Yu'lon-esque serpent in front of you.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by durenas View Post
    Why do we need a new class every other expansion, though? Is there a point where we have too many classes to balance properly?
    Yes that was in 2004. Game has been unbalanced for 15 years. Some would argue we should just keep it unbalanced and just add more chaos to the mix.

FYI, WoD gave us new models of playable races (excluding Goblins and Worgen).