Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Briselody View Post
    I mean no, I use the argument that blood elves joined the horde and then an indefinite number of them were twisted by void powers and joined the Alliance again, all of which happened entirely within their recruitment scenario and with absolutely no indication that they even existed before said scenario started.

Therefore, Sethrak already have more story potential to be added to the Alliance than void elves ever did, considering they were literally on the other faction to begin with. My point being, shaky lore justification is in no way a disqualification for any race, but especially Sethrak who do have concrete history with the Alliance to build on.
    The only real purpose of the void elves was to make an halfway between giving the high elves to alliance who asked it since wlk or even vanilla without making a complete copy pasta of the blood elves, thats all what behind the fact they come out of nowhere

And if sethrak have potential story with alliance then what about the potential they have to join horde? Actually believe me or not but even during the 7.1.5 when i was raiding in Nighthold i said to friends that NB will bep layable and will most likely be horde because they were hints there and there but no one believed me they said it wil be alliance

And you know the story =p

10+ Year Old Account
    @Zalendra, why do you think the Sethrak are more likely to go with the Horde? i mean... the Alliance also does the quest where you save the "head" of the "Good" Sethrak.

The Horde spend a lot of time hunting down the Evil ones with the Vulpera, and the Vulpera really dislike the Sethrak (for good reason).

The Sethrak relation with the Zandalari empire was mostly lost after the Sethrak loa died, the only other Zandalari that worked with the Sethrak or still share their believes, are those that are exiled to Voldun, though if i remember correctly, we do see the head of the exiled in Zandalar after Talanji coronation, and with the revival of the Sethrak loa, we may see more trolls worshiping her, so that could make both groups rejoin. but if i'm not wrong, during Talanji coronation, we do not see the Sethrak anywhere

Note: When you make the Alliance outpost in Voldun, the commander mentions that they may look for allies in the locals, so that's a soft hint there for the Sethrak on the Alliance
    Last edited by Maxilian; 2019-12-09 at 08:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zalendra View Post
    And if sethrak have potential story with alliance then what about the potential they have to join horde?
    Sure, that's fine, honestly I just love snakes and want to see them playable regardless of faction.

I think they would mesh better with the Alliance though, and bring more interesting variety to that faction, and after Horde just got a brand new race in the Vulpera it would be even more stupidly unbalanced for them to go and get another one.
    Xal'atath whispers: Your allies consider me a bad influence. Yet all I've ever done is speed you along the path you chose.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think they would mesh better with the Alliance though, and bring more interesting variety to that faction, and after Horde just got a brand new race in the Vulpera it would be even more stupidly unbalanced for them to go and get another one.
    Why would the mesh better with the Alliance? culture wise they do look more like an Horde race, even more when you put them alongside the Zandalari, and when it comes to the "brand new race", that's not a big deal, the Alliance just need their own cool race that everyone have been asking for years, i'm looking at you Vrykuls (the Varlajar faction mainly, they are quite the "Ally race")

Quote Originally Posted by Maxilian View Post
    Why would the mesh better with the Alliance?
    They seem more civilized to me, and more faith-based. Similar to the Zandalari in many ways, but with less of a focus on conquest (at least, the friendly ones anyways). I could see Vorrik and Velen getting along famously. And they're undeniably a good counter to Vulpera with the whole "Snakes and Foxes" thing (any WoT fans out there?).

Vrykul are fine I guess, but when you get down to it they're just humans but bigger. We just got a race that was just humans but fatter and hardly anybody likes or plays it. I just think the Alliance needs something new and unexplored rather than the endless human brigade, and WoW's first reptilian race would check that box in my opinion.
    Xal'atath whispers: Your allies consider me a bad influence. Yet all I've ever done is speed you along the path you chose.

10+ Year Old Account
    They seem more civilized to me, and more faith-based. Similar to the Zandalari in many ways, but with less of a focus on conquest (at least, the friendly ones anyways). I could see Vorrik and Velen getting along famously. And they're undeniably a good counter to Vulpera with the whole "Snakes and Foxes" thing (any WoT fans out there?).
    I do agree that they are a great counter for the Vulpera, and the Alliance had in their favor that they were the first ones to meet Vorrik and safe him from the poison, but the Horde also saves him, and do many more things with him, like deal with the whole Faithless problem and we are even the ones that are send to revive his Loa, so... i can only see the Sethrak joining the Alliance, if Vorrik dies and someone else takes his position as the head, bonus point if they have a low opinion on Vulperas

-

Vrykul are fine I guess, but when you get down to it they're just humans but bigger. We just got a race that was just humans but fatter and hardly anybody likes or plays it. I just think the Alliance needs something new and unexplored rather than the endless human brigade, and WoW's first reptilian race would check that box in my opinion.
    I do agree that they are, in the end, just another flavor of humans, but unlike Kultiran, Vrykul is a heavy requested race and is quite popular, so i don't think is fair to compare them.

Also they are the third reptilian race in wow, Naga and Sliths exists

10+ Year Old Account
    @Zalendra, why do you think the Sethrak are more likely to go with the Horde? i mean... the Alliance also does the quest where you save the "head" of the "Good" Sethrak.

The Horde spend a lot of time hunting down the Evil ones with the Vulpera, and the Vulpera really dislike the Sethrak (for good reason).

The Sethrak relation with the Zandalari empire was mostly lost after the Sethrak loa died, the only other Zandalari that worked with the Sethrak or still share their believes, are those that are exiled to Voldun, though if i remember correctly, we do see the head of the exiled in Zandalar after Talanji coronation, and with the revival of the Sethrak loa, we may see more trolls worshiping her, so that could make both groups rejoin. but if i'm not wrong, during Talanji coronation, we do not see the Sethrak anywhere

Note: When you make the Alliance outpost in Voldun, the commander mentions that they may look for allies in the locals, so that's a soft hint there for the Sethrak on the Alliance
    First alliance saved the leader of the good setrhaks ok while horde did what?
    1 Save the leader of the good sethrkas
    2 Kill the leader of the bad sethraks
    3 Restore their loa Sethralis (they are the only one with the quest alliance dotn have quest in dungeon)
    4 Kill Mythrax since horde again have quest in uldir while alliance dont have any

About the relaitonship between the vulperas and the sethrak they were bad between the vulperas and the bad sethrak but are good bewteen the vulperas and the good sethrak

The relaiton bewteen the sethrak empire and the zandalari empire are also healed due to the fact the zandalari ckilled their corrupted leader aned restored sethralis

In the zandalari recruitement questline you have sethrak being part of the ceremony to make talanji queen of the zandalari empire and when gonk talk about the allies they made you have sethrak showing up

Then again as horde during children week you bring your little zandalari kid to see the avatar of sethralis and the leader of the good sethraks

Plus one interessting thing is that the reputaiton in vol'dun is called voldunai its not vulperas or the sethraks its voldunai meaning the ppl that live here "atal'ai devoted ones, dazar'ai devoted to dazar" so voldunai might mean the ones from vol'dun

You have all of thoses points that drag them closer to the horde and im sure i missed some other points while on the alliance side what you have? 5 quests and a potential hints thats a bit too little no?

Ho because the zandalari arent more "civilized"? and the zandalari are totally fath based yes so ttally like zandalari and if sethrak would join we are taking about the good sethraks and they have no problmes with the ulperas so the arguements that vulperas are agaisnt sethrak dont make sense

As for Vrykuls here we are =) i would totally let the vrykuls be in the alliance they are so close to the humans in my sense i would love to see vrykuls in the alliance and mogu in the horde =)

This part of yotur message sound like you totally bring up sethrak in the alliance just "to have the first repitlian race and avoid the human brigade" totally regardless of the any lore or logicial reasons ><
    Last edited by Ameonna; 2019-12-09 at 09:20 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Actually they didnt say 9.0 but they said "we are slowing down on ar but if they make sense in shadowlands we might add more there" so it mean not much actually =p
    they always say thing like that, like, "we don't plan vulpera" and "we only add if make sense" and they put later

And we are not talking abotu shadowlands here
    its impossible to not talk about it too

There will undoubtedly be more Allied Races past the final BFA pair in Shadowlands and beyond just not at the 9.0 patch(probably) they're happy with the reception the AR's have gotten overall, which honestly was one of the few good things to come of BFA. But it is still likely that the empty slots on the character select screen will be filled during the 8.3.5 pre patch for shadowlands. The two races will most likely have some tie in to the upcoming expansion or the scourge incursions happening all over azeroth. I'm guessing a heavy death theme.

Also they are the third reptilian race in wow, Naga and Sliths exists
    I meant the first playable one.

This part of yotur message sound like you totally bring up sethrak in the alliance just "to have the first repitlian race and avoid the human brigade" totally regardless of the any lore or logicial reasons ><
    I mean obviously the main reason I want to play them is because I think they look cool and would diversify the Alliance.

I'm not arguing that they make more sense from a lore point of view to go Horde as the current lore stands. But the story can go sideways real quick, as we've all seen, so I don't think it disqualifies them at all and I would rather see them on the Alliance.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellspawn View Post
    High Elf + Night Elf undead
    The setup is there in 8.3, it fits the next xpack aswell.
    How does high elf fit into the next expansion?

If we get another pair in the next coming months, it will Most likely going to be either hozen/jinyu since that area plays directly into the next patch. Could also do a gilgoblin/ankoan pair as well though I wouldn't really be that big of a fan of it because I'm just not a fan of gilgoblins.

10+ Year Old Account
    In the zandalari recruitement questline you have sethrak being part of the ceremony to make talanji queen of the zandalari empire and when gonk talk about the allies they made you have sethrak showing up
    This is false, they do not appear in Talanji coronation questline, nor they are mentioned by Gonk (He mention both the Vulpera and the Tortollan and then the Horde) , that's my main reason to believe that they may end up allied with others, as it felt weird that they were excluded for no reason. (though by the time Talanji is being given the title queen, the Zandalari does not have relationship with the Sethrak, maybe after the coronation, things change)

Then again as horde during children week you bring your little zandalari kid to see the avatar of sethralis and the leader of the good sethraks

Plus one interessting thing is that the reputaiton in vol'dun is called voldunai its not vulperas or the sethraks its voldunai meaning the ppl that live here "atal'ai devoted ones, dazar'ai devoted to dazar" so voldunai might mean the ones from vol'dun
    Didn't know the children's week stuff, quite interesting, and you do have a point with the voldunai stuff, but in the other hand, we do use that reputation to get the Vulpera in the Horde and we don't see any Sethrak involved in the whole questline.

Either way, i do agree that the Sethrak are more likely to be Horde based on who did all the stuff for them
    Last edited by Maxilian; 2019-12-09 at 09:43 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LostSinclair View Post
    There will undoubtedly be more Allied Races past the final BFA pair in Shadowlands and beyond just not at the 9.0 patch(probably) they're happy with the reception the AR's have gotten overall, which honestly was one of the few good things to come of BFA. But it is still likely that the empty slots on the character select screen will be filled during the 8.3.5 pre patch for shadowlands. The two races will most likely have some tie in to the upcoming expansion or the scourge incursions happening all over azeroth. I'm guessing a heavy death theme.
    Well not necessarily i mean the mech gnomes and the vulperas have no tie with the 8.3 patche, for me it make more sense that we unlock ar after the main content they have been added into the game as reputaiton regardless of the future events or the event happenning (outside of the unlockment quest)

This is false, they do not appear in Talanji coronation questline, nor they are mentioned by Gonk (He mention both the Vulpera and the Tortollan and then the Horde) , that's my main reason to believe that they may end up allied with others, as it felt weird that they were excluded for no reason. (though by the time Talanji is being given the title queen, the Zandalari does not have relationship with the Sethrak, maybe after the coronation, things change)

Didn't know the children's week stuff, quite interesting, and you do have a point with the voldunai stuff, but in the other hand, we do use that reputation to get the Vulpera in the Horde and we don't see any Sethrak involved in the whole questline.

Either way, i do agree that the Sethrak are more likely to be Horde based on who did all the stuff for them
    Well, i didnt ment the sethraks were part of the questline as main characters but if you look around in all the ppl gathering in the ceremony you can see the sethraks are here, and the crowning of talanji happen after the event in vol'dun since they happen after the battle of dazar'alor and you do see when talanji ascend the tower with all the loas that you have sethralis and a sethrak priest chilling around thats what i was pointing out plus you have after you finished the quest in vol'dun 2 sethrak npc in dazar'alor one in the room wiuth the loas who is a follower and sethralis and one namec Aliya in the market
    Last edited by Ameonna; 2019-12-09 at 11:00 PM.

Alliance Sethrak is just a dream from a small community.

But I you think seriously, it doesn't make any sense.

- The Sethrak live on the Horde continent
    - They have more ties with the Zandalari and share the same belief
    - They are allied with the Vulpera, an Horde race at 8.3
    - With the help of the Horde Champion and Vulpera, they ended their people civil war with the faithless
    - The Horde also killed Mythrax and Ghuun, two of the most important threat for the Sethrak
    - The Horde also saved their Loa, basically their true leader and guide

Meanwhile the Alliance :
    - Murdered Rastakhan
    - Killed Vulpera
    - Lay attack on Vol'dum and bringed war on Sethrak territory
    - Saved Vorrik and helped defend the temple (Like the Horde did)

If anything, the Sethrak saw the best part of the Horde and the worst of the Alliance.
    I could imagine a scenario where Vorrik explain their doubt about the Alliance and ask for joining the Horde to Talanji or Kiro.

Sadly, Sethrak do not have any reputation. And there is no existing reputation that fit them properly.
    As such, I doubt they are planned as an Allied race.

Ankoan for Alliance and Rajani Mogu for the Horde seem the most logical option.

I really doubt there will be more allied races, thought the banner placement in both embassies is very suspicious indeed. However, there's no signs of any allied race being worked on. We had the almost-ready vulpera model and database references for mechagnomes since 8.0 alpha, but nothing on possible future races since.

My only guess of a possible allied race being secretly worked on are ogres/mok'nathal, based on Rexxar's model.

Is there even going to be a 8.3.5 patch? At the moment, I feel like there won't be one. 8.3 is coming near the same time as 7.3.5 came out after Legion, and it will contain the preorder bonus (AR DKs) as well as the post-N'Zoth epilogue. It feels the only possible content left for a 8.3.5 patch would be ARs, of which there's no sign, and heritage armor for the remaining races (or at least trolls and draenei, if warfront sets count as a substitute for heritage armor).
    Whatever...

Quote Originally Posted by DeicideUH View Post
    I really doubt there will be more allied races, thought the banner placement in both embassies is very suspicious indeed. However, there's no signs of any allied race being worked on. We had the almost-ready vulpera model and database references for mechagnomes since 8.0 alpha, but nothing on possible future races since.

My only guess of a possible allied race being secretly worked on are ogres/mok'nathal, based on Rexxar's model.

Is there even going to be a 8.3.5 patch? At the moment, I feel like there won't be one. 8.3 is coming near the same time as 7.3.5 came out after Legion, and it will contain the preorder bonus (AR DKs) as well as the post-N'Zoth epilogue. It feels the only possible content left for a 8.3.5 patch would be ARs, of which there's no sign, and heritage armor for the remaining races (or at least trolls and draenei, if warfront sets count as a substitute for heritage armor).
    What are you talking about? no 8.3.5 patch? the pre patch to the next expansion, I'm kinda curious how you think that can "not" happen, especially considering there is no fucking way in hell they are going to do the level squish during the final raid tier and risk fucking that up.

And while it may not be apparent that an allied race is being worked on does not mean there isn't one. I'd like some sort of ogre/half ogre race to come out but I think thats up there with high elf for blizzard at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by LostSinclair View Post
    What are you talking about? no 8.3.5 patch? the pre patch to the next expansion, I'm kinda curious how you think that can "not" happen, especially considering there is no fucking way in hell they are going to do the level squish during the final raid tier and risk fucking that up.

And while it may not be apparent that an allied race is being worked on does not mean there isn't one. I'd like some sort of ogre/half ogre race to come out but I think thats up there with high elf for blizzard at the moment.
    What are you talking about? Prepatch (when all new systems are introduced and pre-expansion event is done) is 9.0.
    Whatever...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nysisyn View Post
    Alliance Sethrak is just a dream from a small community.

But I you think seriously, it doesn't make any sense.

- The Sethrak live on the Horde continent
    - They have more ties with the Zandalari and share the same belief
    - They are allied with the Vulpera, an Horde race at 8.3
    - With the help of the Horde Champion and Vulpera, they ended their people civil war with the faithless
    - The Horde also killed Mythrax and Ghuun, two of the most important threat for the Sethrak
    - The Horde also saved their Loa, basically their true leader and guide

Meanwhile the Alliance :
    - Murdered Rastakhan
    - Killed Vulpera
    - Lay attack on Vol'dum and bringed war on Sethrak territory
    - Saved Vorrik and helped defend the temple (Like the Horde did)

If anything, the Sethrak saw the best part of the Horde and the worst of the Alliance.
    I could imagine a scenario where Vorrik explain their doubt about the Alliance and ask for joining the Horde to Talanji or Kiro.

Sadly, Sethrak do not have any reputation. And there is no existing reputation that fit them properly.
    As such, I doubt they are planned as an Allied race.

Ankoan for Alliance and Rajani Mogu for the Horde seem the most logical option.
    THANK YOU. I have posted time and again on this subject and it seems to fall in deaf ears. I’ve wanted Sethrak on the Horde since beta of BFA, and argued in that favor in several forum posts. After all the evidence they still claim it’s up in the air. I just... you can’t sway some people.
    ”I've walked the realms of the dead. I have seen the infinite dark. Nothing you say. Or do. Could possibly frighten me."-Sylvanas Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    I would like to get the broken for the horde. Really would. Especially since some resentment for the alliance is already been set up.
    Can you explain this or point to a source. Bit rusty on the lore. But this is interesting. I'm a fan of Akama.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ttak82 View Post
    Can you explain this or point to a source. Bit rusty on the lore. But this is interesting. I'm a fan of Akama.
    Most likely talking about the Broken we found in Argus, they do make clear their resentment against Velen and his people.