Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    Deflecting? The thread topic is about Russian state sponsored cheating, and you're bringing up other athletes. The only one deflecting here is you.
    i said that the majority of the athletes use some form of perfomance of enhacment or another which is still true , given the example of Lance Armstrong.
    then the usual person comes and asks me for evidence which i already have provided so no . but its another the russians to blame for everythign case , when wada is another corrupt ridden case

Quote Originally Posted by niztheundead87 View Post
    Again I didn't say 100 percent does but many do
    I think the confusion here is you did say that over and over again:

Everyone is taking something
    all i am saying is that everyone is cheating
    everyone cheats
    doesn't change the fact of my original statement that everyone cheats which is true
    everyone does it's undeniable

Quote Originally Posted by Wezmon View Post
    I think the confusion here is you did say that over and over again:
    everyone was an over exageration on my part , yes , but its quite impossible to have 100 percent on this.asking for 100 % on this is insane anyway.
    so my initial statement stands true yet ,majority of athletes still use something. the problem is the double standard cases when they ban some but let others go away .

hence why i gave the example of Lance Armostrong

10+ Year Old Account
    everyone was an over exageration on my part , yes , but its quite impossible to have 100 percent on this.asking for 100 % on this is insane anyway.
    so my initial statement stands true yet ,majority of athletes still use something. the problem is the double standard cases when they ban some but let others go away .

hence why i gave the example of Lance Armostrong
    Lance Armstrong, the guy who lost all his accolades and was banned for life from competive cycling because he was caught cheating? That isn't an example of a double-standard either. He didn't get away, you need to get your facts straight.

The US government literally sued Lance Armstrong over his doping.
    https://www.theguardian.com/sport/20...t-usps-lawsuit
    Last edited by TEHPALLYTANK; 2019-12-09 at 06:41 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    Lance Armstrong, the guy who lost all his accolades because he was caught cheating? That isn't an example of a double-standard either.
    much later on so yeah
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Histor...ng_allegations

it took them years

Quote Originally Posted by Sunseeker View Post
    I like the defenders on this thread: "Why ban Russia!?? Everyone is on drugs!!!"

lol
    are you gonna seriously claim that teams from countries like US arent ?

also lets be honest olympics without Russia will be simply boring to watch -_-

o yeah...let legalize the shit so then it won't be about athleticism, but about who has the best drugs.

Please keep in mind that while Russia is banned in any official capacity it does not mean their athletes are all banned. Russian athletes will be able to participate under no flag as long as they pass the standard drug screening.

Sadly the only mad person here is you hence why you felt the need to ignore the evidence I provided over and over again.
    I'm not mad at all, I'm enjoying watching you try to deflect and blame others for what Russians were caught doing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    I know people will talk about it's cheating blah blah but is it really cheating if everyone is doing it just no one is talking about it? just make it legal so that everyone is on an even playing field. At this point the people not doing it are those without the financial means or support from their countries to do so. You have to see it from their perspective if you could take a drug that would make you the best at what you do and net you millions you would take the risk.
    PED are implicitly dangerous and often have long-term side effects, especially to the degree that an Olympic athlete might use them; that's why they're not "condoned."

The Olympics are supposed to demonstrate the best of humanity, not "the guy that got their hands on the most powerful drug."

If there are other countries doing what Russia's doing, crack down on them as well. "All the cool kids are doing it" has never been a justification.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    I'm not mad at all, I'm enjoying watching you try to deflect and blame others for what Russians were caught doing.
    ThE RuSsIAnS ArE EvErYwHeRe.

That kinda sucks for all the athletes in Russia who don't dope but I guess it can't be helped. Maybe the best thing would be to allow their athletes to compete in sports where there isn't an issue with doping like table tennis but not in sports like weightlifting. It is kinda strange to totally ban one of the most important countries in the world from such a big event but Russians really can't help themselves, they are just a country of born cheaters who will do whatever they can to get ahead.

In this case, this is a story about the Russians actually doing it...

15+ Year Old Account
    Their trolls are at least.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

If they can't compete fair and square, then ban them and keep them banned until they grow the hell up.

Quote Originally Posted by Zelk View Post
    Of course I can't, but anyone that watches professional sport knows it's the case
    Sounds like a conspiracy theory to me.
    "I can't prove it but I KNOW man, I KNOW, and so does ANYONE!!"...
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2019-12-10 at 01:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    That kinda sucks for all the athletes in Russia who don't dope but I guess it can't be helped. Maybe the best thing would be to allow their athletes to compete in sports where there isn't an issue with doping like table tennis but not in sports like weightlifting. It is kinda strange to totally ban one of the most important countries in the world from such a big event but Russians really can't help themselves, they are just a country of born cheaters who will do whatever they can to get ahead.
    The athletes that don't dope can still compete as neutral athletes.

Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    Their trolls are at least.
    the cold war ended long ago , blaming the russians for everything doesnt work anymore

10+ Year Old Account
    No formal presence just means they'll still be there. They just won't be "Russian Federation." If they want to really bring the hammer down, just bar Russians from competing entirely for four years.

Quote Originally Posted by Flutterguy View Post
    No formal presence just means they'll still be there. They just won't be "Russian Federation." If they want to really bring the hammer down, just bar Russians from competing entirely for four years.
    The only Russian athletes that will be there will the ones that aren't caught up in the doping though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Egomaniac View Post
    The only Russian athletes that will be there will the ones that aren't caught up in the doping though.
    That weren't caught. But this doesn't bar Russia from the competitions. Everyone knows the "Unaffiliated" label they'll be given will be Russians. Sorta defeats the purpose of the penalties against the nation. They might as well just ban those specific competitors and leave the Russian title in place.