Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    That is 100% not allowed.

What a lot of stores did was put it on and be like (hey its $66 after the $3 warranty do you want it) but a lot of employee's would "forget" the last bit and just charge it.

That is 100% not allowed and can result and the employee being fired if it happens enough. It happen a couple times to me as well and I got it refunded.
    That's what I kinda figured, but one of my closest friends used to work at gamestop and unless she exaggerated, she used to say how the company would always put pressure on you to sell insurances, push people to buy used games, etc, to the point that you'd be at risk if you didn't mean certain standards.

So kinda just shrugged it off.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    That's what I kinda figured, but one of my closest friends used to work at gamestop and unless she exaggerated, she used to say how the company would always put pressure on you to sell insurances, push people to buy used games, etc, to the point that you'd be at risk if you didn't mean certain standards.

That is a thing but all sales have to be 100% on the up and up. Putting a warranty on a item without the ok of the customer is technically theft and can/will result in the employee being fired if caught.

That is of course your SL isn't a shitty and allowing it.

Having to refund warranty's does show up as well on the numbers.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2019-12-08 at 07:36 AM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    That is a thing but all sales have to be 100% on the up and up. Putting a warranty on a item without the ok of the customer is technically theft and can/will result in the employee being fired if caught.

That is of course your SL isn't a shitty and allowing it.

Having to refund warranty's does show up as well on the numbers.
    The other issue there is, employees can also get fired for not "selling" enough insurance plans and other garbage like that. So it stands to reason that some would be dishonest enough to try to pad their numbers like that. And since that is something they are "supposed" to be convincing customers to buy as much as possible, I think corporate "secretly" wants them to do stuff like that, and will only act like it was a mistake when they are caught.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormspark View Post
    The other issue there is, employees can also get fired for not "selling" enough insurance plans and other garbage like that. So it stands to reason that some would be dishonest enough to try to pad their numbers like that. And since that is something they are "supposed" to be convincing customers to buy as much as possible, I think corporate "secretly" wants them to do stuff like that, and will only act like it was a mistake when they are caught.
    If you are getting fired due to low sales then its one of a few things...

1) You are just bad at selling stuff.
    2) Your store is getting very little foot traffic and that's a bigger overall issue.
    3) Your District is a mess and once again that is a bigger issue.

Its not hard to keep decent numbers even if you barely try, Also the system itself is very stupid. You could come in today sell one game and system and get the warranty's for both then turn around and clock out. That would put you at 100% for the week and higher than me even tho I have sold more ($$ wise).

Don't get me wrong Gamestop like 99% of retail jobs is shitty, Its not doom and gloom people make it out to be.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2019-12-08 at 01:11 PM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    When a moron confuses refurbish and resurface it’s always hilarious.
    Its best that you stop talking about things you clearly know nothing about, Nothing was confused mate.

But hey what do I know, It isn't like I work for the company or anything.......

But hey ill explain it to you since its clear you don't get it.

A refurbished console is a console that was sent to the warehouse. They get resurfaced (check the video and see) and sent back out, Along with whatever was wrong being fixed. If lets say the controller was broken the whole system would still be sent out.

Any time a system goes out and its scratched to hell they resurface it.

There you learned something new today.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2019-12-08 at 01:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Yeah, it's not like you're a low level employee who is clearly confused or anything.

You clearly missed my edit so here you go.

A refurbished console is a console that was sent to the warehouse. They get resurfaced (check the video and see) and sent back out, Along with whatever was wrong being fixed. If lets say the controller was broken the whole system would still be sent out.

Any time a system goes out and its scratched to hell they resurface it.

There you learned something new today.
    Also a low level employee still knows more then some random person on the internet who has never worked for the company.

Be a adult and take your L here mate.

Edit: What I was wanting you to look at in the video so you would understand is this....

The left part of the system was resurfaced......

But I guess having you do that was too much to ask.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2019-12-08 at 01:51 PM.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post

Game warranties are such a joke. Only a complete mongoloid would actually damage their game to the point where it's unusable. I've never insured a game in my life and I have cartridges older than the majority of Gamestop employees. Christ, my Pokemon Blue cartridge from release still works.

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Game warranties are such a joke. Only a complete mongoloid would actually damage their game to the point where it's unusable. I've never insured a game in my life and I have cartridges older than the majority of Gamestop employees. Christ, my Pokemon Blue cartridge from release still works.
    And I disagree because sometimes shit happens.

Now with current gen its much less likely but with last gen 360 games was known to just crack taking them out of the case. That was due to the fact the dvd's MS used was cheap as fuck.

I more so rather have a warranty on my system over a game tho, anything happens to my Switch its replaced and doesn't cost me a dime.

Id take some indies that take risks over another copy + paste game like pokemon tbh
    Comes a time when we all gotta die...even kings.

Quote Originally Posted by Volatilis View Post
    Id take some indies that take risks over another copy + paste game like pokemon tbh
    I'd have accepted a copy and paste. SwSh lost half of the clipboard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormbreed View Post
    Mexico is already part of the USA so is Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    Shadow deserves nothing, the same as Fire Mages.

Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post
    I'd have accepted a copy and paste. SwSh lost half of the clipboard.
    I mean in terms of game design. Taking creative risks that the "Fandom" might love/hate and anything inbetween

Quote Originally Posted by Volatilis View Post
    Id take some indies that take risks
    Indies that take risks, nice joke. 8 bit art style, either a platformer or rogue like. Oh look I just summed up 2/3rds of indy games that come out now. Indies have basically become the shitty mobile market with a bunch of devs shitting out games in hopes one is a hit.

That's not to say they're all bad, things like stardew, golf story, cuphead are definitely above the run of the mill indy games but these are few and far between. The market is over saturated with garbage. Finding a good indy game is even harder then finding a good "AAA" game nowadays.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2019-12-09 at 09:32 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Not only that but even the more unique ones like goose game look so boring and id rather just play any of the pokemons

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Not only that but even the more unique ones like goose game look so boring and id rather just play any of the pokemons
    It sold over 100k in the first 2 weeks of being released, I mean you are entitled to your own opinion but i'm glad there are good indies on Switch, especially after Sony said FU to indies, also the fact I can play em while sitting in bed is a plus for me.

Sure the quality highly varies between them but the key is to find one that is fun, and fun is subjective from person to person, as demonstrated by your opinion about goose game and then seeing it's sale numbers.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FluFF View Post
    It sold over 100k in the first 2 weeks of being released, I mean you are entitled to your own opinion but i'm glad there are good indies on Switch, especially after Sony said FU to indies, also the fact I can play em while sitting in bed is a plus for me.

Sure the quality highly varies between them but the key is to find one that is fun, and fun is subjective from person to person, as demonstrated by your opinion about goose game and then seeing it's sale numbers.
    Literally dont care about sales because they have never and will never mean quality. I'd rather play another 200 hours of xenoblade 2 than 1, a dozen, 5 trillion new indie games
    Last edited by Video Games; 2019-12-10 at 03:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by FluFF View Post

Oh boy 100k sales, just need to double that and it might reach niche JRPG status. Fucking atelier ryza sold more then that in a single week in Japan alone(and that was at 8800 yen MSRP or in other words a hell of a lot more expensive). Was I supposed to be impressed with that number?

I can count the good(IMO) indy games on the Switch on one hand. The eshop looks like the damn Wii section in gamestop circa 2010 and that isn't a good thing. Indies replaced shovelware lol. In fact, I'm pretty sure shovelware is not being disguised as "indy games".
    Last edited by Tech614; 2019-12-10 at 05:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Indies that take risks, nice joke. 8 bit art style, either a platformer or rogue like. Oh look I just summed up 2/3rds of indy games that come out now. Indies have basically become the shitty mobile market with a bunch of devs shitting out games in hopes one is a hit.

That's not to say they're all bad, things like stardew, golf story, cuphead are definitely above the run of the mill indy games but these are few and far between. The market is over saturated with garbage. Finding a good indy game is even harder then finding a good "AAA" game nowadays.
    Making a game is hard, making a good game is even harder. Bigger budgets means bigger expectations and less chance on taking risk.

Small investment with potential for big return means that the chance of developers taking risks increases because of risk vs reward.

Does that mean indies will suddenly start reinventing the wheel? No. but gameplay and story and the two key elements to making a good game and you dont need god tier graphics and bloated marketing budgets for that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    The thing about that goose game that makes it good is that it isn't long enough to wear out it's welcome for what the concept is about.

Most players beat the whole thing in about 2-3 hours, and then move on from it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    The thing about that goose game that makes it good is that it isn't long enough to wear out it's welcome for what the concept is about.

Most players beat the whole thing in about 2-3 hours, and then move on from it.
    Saying the game has no lasting appeal is a weird endorsement

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.nintendo.com/games/detai...ungeon-switch/ Clearly i should get boyfriend dungeon because its xenoblade 2 in a nutshell