Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by niztheundead87 View Post
    the cold war ended long ago , blaming the russians for everything doesnt work anymore
    This is something they got caught doing, so why the fuck wouldn't you blame them?

Quote Originally Posted by Flutterguy View Post
    That weren't caught. But this doesn't bar Russia from the competitions. Everyone knows the "Unaffiliated" label they'll be given will be Russians. Sorta defeats the purpose of the penalties against the nation. They might as well just ban those specific competitors and leave the Russian title in place.
    There'll be a big ol asterisk on those medals and they won't be accredited to Russia...just the athletes.
    Last edited by Egomaniac; 2019-12-10 at 02:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    PED are implicitly dangerous and often have long-term side effects, especially to the degree that an Olympic athlete might use them; that's why they're not "condoned."

The Olympics are supposed to demonstrate the best of humanity, not "the guy that got their hands on the most powerful drug."

If there are other countries doing what Russia's doing, crack down on them as well. "All the cool kids are doing it" has never been a justification.
    But everyone is doing it the only question is who has and has not gotten caught everyone knows the side effects of PEDs but when you are competing at the highest level it simply does not matter. PEDs are condoned because society sees them as cheating not because of side effects you get worse side effects from smoking and drinking.

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    This is something they got caught doing, so why the fuck wouldn't you blame them?
    Read above

Read above
    I did, it was you cascading into oblivion.

It;s a shame the Russian government got caught cheating, and therefore, deserves their ban.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    But everyone is doing it the only question is who has and has not gotten caught
    And, as I said, crack down on those responsible. This isn't the "war on drugs" where you're trying to wrangle tens of millions of people with wildly varying social and economic positions and vast international rings of trading and interpretations of legality throughout the world. This is a very finite number of people acting in very controlled environments competing for the privilege of representing their country on an international stage in an event with very tight strictures.

everyone knows the side effects of PEDs but when you are competing at the highest level it simply does not matter. PEDs are condoned because society sees them as cheating not because of side effects you get worse side effects from smoking and drinking.
    It normalizes PED for all athletics, then.

Why should the kid playing high school baseball shy away from them? All the Olympic athletes are doing them and, under your proposal, doing them proudly and in the open. Hell, make them legal and you basically give the go-ahead for pharmaceutical companies to just start cooking up newer and stronger PED for the general market.

And then, like I said, it doesn't become a matter of "who has the best athletes." It becomes a "which country can cook up the strongest junk?" And while I'm not usually one for "touchy feely" messages, it sends a terrible message to aspiring athletes: "it's not about what you can accomplish, it's about if you're able to secure the most potent drug or not."
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

I like how the implicit defense of Russia here pretty much comes down to everyone cheats...it's just that Russia is so incompetent at cheating that they keep getting caught.

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly I think it should have been permanently, Russia is not going to change. Although personally I think they should allow steroids, it would make the Olympics a lot more fun.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

I did, it was you cascading into oblivion.

It;s a shame the Russian government got caught cheating, and therefore, deserves their ban.
    Cool story

Cool story
    That is literally what the thread is about. Don't blame me, because you got triggered, and tried to derail it.

Quote Originally Posted by Flutterguy View Post
    No formal presence just means they'll still be there. They just won't be "Russian Federation." If they want to really bring the hammer down, just bar Russians from competing entirely for four years.
    If they have not been proven to done anything wrong then they shouldn't be punished. Being born in Russia is not a crime.

That is literally what the thread is about. Don't blame me, because you got triggered, and tried to derail it.
    The only triggered person is here hence why you feel the need to attack me in person so yeah keep being mad.

#puttin #russiansdidit

The only triggered person is here hence why you feel the need to attack me in person so yeah keep being mad.

#puttin #russiansdidit
    Yes, Russia did do it, why is that so hard for you to accept?

You were targeted, because you were making baseless and false claims in order to deflect.

You were proven wrong... by your own sources.

We know Russia got caught having a state-sponsored doping program, and they have been banned for it. You tried to blame it on America.

Yes, Russia did do it, why is that so hard for you to accept?

You were targeted, because you were making baseless and false claims in order to deflect.

You were proven wrong... by your own sources.

We know Russia got caught having a state-sponsored doping program, and they have been banned for it. You tried to blame it on America.
    I provided already the evidence you asked for so not only you make baseless accusations you prove me once more you can't do anything else than as hominem attacks to deflect elsewhere.

Keep it up being big time triggered on Russians.

My original statement stands true most athletes cheat.

I provided already the evidence you asked for so not only you make baseless accusations you prove me once more you can't do anything else than as hominem attacks to deflect elsewhere.

Nope, you said everyone did it... that was proven wrong.

Luckily, Russia got caught breaking the rules, so they got banned.

Your original statement said,

"Everyone is taking something the Americans ban the Russians based on drugs they don't agree with .

Marion Jones calling out the Russians on steroids for example."

Your statement was proven objectively false.... by your own source.

10+ Year Old Account

You still haven't grasped what people have been saying here.

People are condemning people who cheat. All of them. USA, Russia, doesn't matter. Cheaters suck.

However, few athletes appear to have their governments backing them up with the cheating. This is where you appear to hit your own face in confusion. The government part.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post

People are condemning people who cheat. All of them. USA, Russia, doesn't matter. Cheaters suck.

However, few athletes appear to have their governments backing them up with the cheating. This is where you appear to hit your own face in confusion. The government part.
    I think he gets it just fine. Just like the person in your signature, it was always about deflecting to defend the Russians.

We simply kept burying him with it.

Nope, you said everyone did it... that was proven wrong.

Luckily, Russia got caught breaking the rules, so they got banned.

Your original statement said,

"Everyone is taking something the Americans ban the Russians based on drugs they don't agree with .

Marion Jones calling out the Russians on steroids for example."

Your statement was proven objectively false.... by your own source.

Again like I said 100 percent is impossible yet many do hence what said earlier.so ding ding you are wrong .you are literally twisting my words to make yourself look good .

Blip blope this NPC broke.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post

Actually the funny thing here here is in a earlier statement I said that Russians actually do that but the problem is Wada being a corrupted ridden organisation hence why I said there's a double standard and why I talked about Lance Armstrong getting punished years later with a slap on the wrist so both of you are being idiots with selective reading disabilities.

- - - Updated - - -

I think he gets it just fine. Just like the person in your signature, it was always about deflecting to defend the Russians.

We simply kept burying him with it.
    This NPC needs repair s it keeps repeating itself

Except your evidence refuted your claim. You claimed everyone was doing it... that was not the case. You claimed this was about the United States being mean to Russia. Your evidence refuted you.

It's a shame Russia decided to systematically cheat, and is now banned due to their actions. I hope they learn from this, and stop cheating.

- - - Updated - - -

Again like I said 100 percent is impossible yet many do hence what said earlier.so ding ding you are wrong .you are literally twisting my words to make yourself look good .

Blip blope this NPC broke.

- - - Updated - - -

Actually the funny thing here here is in a earlier statement I said that Russians actually do that but the problem is Wada being a corrupted ridden organisation hence why I said there's a double standard and why I talked about Lance Armstrong getting punished years later with a slap on the wrist so both of you are being idiots with selective reading disabilities.

- - - Updated - - -

This NPC needs repair s it keeps repeating itself
    Yes, it's a shame Russia keeps getting caught cheating. I agree.

Except your evidence refuted your claim. You claimed everyone was doing it... that was not the case. You claimed this was about the United States being mean to Russia. Your evidence refuted you.

It's a shame Russia decided to systematically cheat, and is now banned due to their actions. I hope they learn from this, and stop cheating.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, it's a shame Russia keeps getting caught cheating. I agree.
    Read this slowly : 100 percent is impossible but still many do cheat.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dopi..._Olympic_Games

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dopi..._United_States

https://www.history.co.uk/article/9-...ympic-cheaters

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn...cts/index.html

https://www.livescience.com/amp/6174...ic-doping.html

https://www.livescience.com/amp/6174...ic-doping.html

I still stand true
    Last edited by niztheundead87; 2019-12-10 at 04:42 AM.