Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by the game View Post
    So in the US it's largely illegal to harvest rain water and i feel like that law should be gotten rid of. Nobody is getting hurt from collecting fresh rain water.
    Uhm...can you provide some type of site that shows this data? I'm sure there are farmers that harvest rain water to some degree. It would be stupid not to.
    The hunter hoe with the least beloe.

I like the concepts of “no harm no foul” and “what they don’t know won’t hurt them.” Unless you are like that Oregon guy that dam an entire creek, how would anybody even know that you have a rain harvesting system on your property?

7+ Year Old Account
    This is what one could literally call "fake news".

Quote Originally Posted by Sunseeker View Post
    If that were true there wouldn't be laws against this.
    So then it's mostly true, since the few laws that exist restrict the amount collected, limit it to non-commercial use and/or prohibit it from being used as potable water (because water has to be treated).

Look, I've studied these issues. I'm guessing...you haven't so....lets call it at, NO U! And be done mmkay?
    You're doing what you accused them. "I'm right, so nya-nya-nya!" Except that you're wrong.

If that were true there wouldn't be laws against this.

Look, I've studied these issues. I'm guessing...you haven't so....lets call it at, NO U! And be done mmkay?
    There aren't many laws against it, and the laws there are deal mainly with the health impacts, zoning concerns, or usage.

I don't know what you've been studying, but your resources are incorrect or are only giving you half the story.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because rain falls onto the land, and the land belongs to land lord, not you. Stop stealing landlord's water, peasant