Page 8 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Everything else should be account wide in the game except for gear, xp and quests. Quests should only reward reputation once per account though.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Quote Originally Posted by TOM_RUS View Post
    Essences should have been account wide since very beginning.
    I totally agree.

I can see a position being made for base unlocks, or getting different tiers through different methods on different characters.

For instance, I think it's plenty fair to grant the baseline essence to the entire account, but the additional ranks still being gated behind a grind for your alts.

Alternately, I'd say that you must first obtain the desired essence, but once you have it scaled to a higher rank, any alt with that essence gets it at the highest rank.

Either way, forcing us to do the same reputation grinds on multiple alts is nauseating and a very poor design decision on Blizzard's part. Dungeon drops, quests, crafting materials, trade in tokens, all of these are totally acceptable tasks to lay against an alt to get them geared up, but with a system as important as the Essences have become, reputation grinding, which is largely time gated, is the absolute worst case scenario for any alt.

Quote Originally Posted by Terongor View Post
    I make sense as talents are as much of trivial timesinkin as HoA essences.
    I say that cosmetic ranks of essences aren't enough of a focus point here, you start going off on some tangent about talents and you claim you make sense? How do you work that one out champ?

Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post

- - - Updated - - -

You mean the alt would be ready to actually play within 2-3 evenings? Sounds great to me.
    And alt IS already ready to play withing 2-3 evening.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TwoMana View Post
    The essence design wasn't really thought through. As always, Blizzard don't acknowledge "alts" as a thing.
    Which it's at least odd, considering that one of BfA's main features have been Allied Races, which heavily encourage making alts.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Augusta138 View Post
    Yes coz all talents in the game are doing the same thing under the same name.

Essences are generic increases and if you play ret paladin or fury warrior they same give you the same aoe ability or versatility bonus.

They are all the same, but you might need to use different ones to play optimally depending on a class.

Lets try the same with talents, and right of the bat it doesnt fly the same way.

So how on earth are essences and talents the same?

- - - Updated - - -

None of the essences make any sense whatsoever in terms of difficulty. None of them require actual skill to obtain. Only a certain amount of time and you must be able to put up with stupid chores like making wine for some turtle dude in a cave.

And no, i dont count the farming of cosmetic essences in this post because it doesnt add anything except some shiny graphics and i would be fine farming cosmetic stuff for the fun of it, like mounts and transmog.

Essences are more interesting than raiding or M+? Damn your life must be boring.
    I already feel bad for you, as essences wont make it into Shadowlands, removing this feature you so love.

About the casual thing:
    I wasnt aware this forum or this game isnt for people who dont spend enough time on a game as much as you do and are then so called casuals.

Damn this elitist attitude is just retarded.

Just fyi: you arent a special snowflake because you apparently play a lot more than other people. Or you think you do.

The great thing about games is that there are different players and people who play differently.

But you are one of the players:
    If they dont play atleast x or y or do x or y they are not worthy to play this game. Else i feel not cool spending so much of my time on this game.

What will you lose if they become account wide? Nothing.

But here you are, telling us the world will burn if they become account wide.
    Names don't really matter and most talents are just effects which increase damage or defensive abilities somehow passively or adding a button not that intesresting really as essences are the samething.

Its basic chores as there is no AP farm anyone more as such rep caches don't really serve anypoint and pratically everyone is exalted to everyfaction and you could easily gain all essences to rank 3 in two weeks if you just play like 1-2h a day ,do m+15 once a week, do mechahom and run EP on hc.

You should have specified that at the beginning before starting the thread.

With those 3 things on weekly basis and playing 1-2h per day its easy rank 3 essences in couple of weeks.

I never said that they were they are just part of YOUR CHARACTER PROGRESSION. Personally I don't mind them being removed as they bring back new spells though I'm gonna miss AP farming.

So playing 1-2h daily is much for you? Damn. Yeah I know I'm not special nobody is special nobody matters so what? Also I'm not even playing that much wow anymore nearly all essences are at legendary and I only log in to do mythic raids and weekly m+ as wow has nothing to do in it at all...... its like WoD now.... how do you feel cool playing a video game?

It takes out few remaining RPG sides of wow......character progression and its already so minimal and wow is already so account wide its pratically only online game as even Massive multiplayer can easily argued against and keeping what remains of RPG side is

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Great Destiny Man View Post
    I say that cosmetic ranks of essences aren't enough of a focus point here, you start going off on some tangent about talents and you claim you make sense? How do you work that one out champ?
    I'm comparing ALL essences to talents as they pratically work like them take a and it increases your damage output by giving passive buff or active Effect

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PalliesThrowStuff View Post
    And you just proved really nothing with this post, you can't convey a message if you don't know how to use the language. Try Google translate to get it from whatever is your native language to English. If English is your first, go back to school or something please.

Furthermore, using 'casual' like it's an insult just shows what a mouth breathing waste of human potential you are. Go troll elsewhere, or get a job, or a significant other, or even better, go to school and learn something.
    Lol attacking me for my dyslexia and how was an insult? After that attacking me personally.

You message is pratically insulting, reading too much inbetween the lines and insult, insult, insult.

Ps who doesn't have a significant other in this day and age?

15+ Year Old Account
    Since it's just a video game, I can't be bothered to redo the essences. Therefore no serious progression alt. Who cares.

Blizzard sees the game as a money printing machine, so they have no problem gating shit behind time consuming grinds and then plugging their ears with cotton. This is how they're getting people who don't know when to call it quits, same with the RAF scheme. Imagine actually reading up on the RAF clown job and attempting to participate in it lmao.

Quote Originally Posted by dcc626 View Post
    people would hate on this as much as they do the current system. people only want to have to do it once. they want their alts to be as strong as mains. anything short of that is a "slap in the face to the playerbase"
    well it is.

dont blame people for not wanting to run on idiotic threadmill with gear reseting every tier.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    And alt IS already ready to play withing 2-3 evening.
    i think the problem with it is - its not ready

in past all you had to do is ding max level and you were ready for dungeons/raids

now if you dont spend idiotic amount of time farming ap and essences your alts are not ready because you are simply not being viable in dungeons and raids

system is just broken . and people cba to take part in this.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    If you combine all of the 'account wide' requests - yes they are.
    Please quote me anywhere in this topic where op asked for this. You can't? Oh how expected..

Less strawman please.

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    Which it's at least odd, considering that one of BfA's main features have been Allied Races, which heavily encourage making alts.
    Yeah but making alts does not always imply to have full 445 gear along with max rank essences.
    Blood DK. I hate leveling alts.
    BfA is great. I love HoA.
    Unpopular opinions ftw.

10+ Year Old Account
    Personally.. I think that if you obtain rank 3 of essences on your main, your alt should be able to obtain rank 1. Make it a series of quests you do to earn them? POOF.. alt-friendly content.
    "When you build it, you love it!"

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    If you unlock rank 3 on 3 or more essences, I think you should have rank 1 unlocked for alts in all essences, then you can grind them up if you want. If you rise 2 up to rank 3, I think you should get them at rank 2 then for all alts.

This is extremely alt unfriendly.

The main problem is that this expansion is all about traits and essences, there is almost no room for actual player skill. You can outplay your class and even do it sometimes to perfection, but it is hard to overcome the extra 200K damage from an essence or trait someone else uses, for example. So it is rather pointless to play your alt with sub optimal essences and bad traits, because you will not be doing good enough damage to feel strong as you should, hence killing a bit of the fun on it.

Grinding all essences and multiple azerite gears of the same to have the best traits in 5 chars is not an option for many of us.

High Overlord
    5+ Year Old Account
    I think they should add vendor where you can for high price buy acc-wide essence. For example after you ding exalted (with reputation essence) you can buy acc-wide essence for alts - rustbolt one for example 10 boxes for rank 1, 20 boxes and 5 oscilators for rank 2, 40 boxes and 20 oscilators for rank 3. Yes, its quite grind, but still better than repeated grind on every alt.
    For rating essence it would be something like 10 marks of honor for rank 1, rank 2 50 marks, rank 3 100 marks on main after reaching rank 3.
    Just after you reach rank 3 on essence (and level 70 neck maybe?) you can buy account wide one and send it to your alt.

I used actively play 3 characters @120 before 8.2, now I play just one and I don't want play others, because of repeated grind what I once did. I dont mind AP grind for neck, its fast, but rep grind, repeating rated arenas, honor farming.. just meh. I rather go play other games even if I want play alts, I will not just bcs of grind.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Names don't really matter and most talents are just effects which increase damage or defensive abilities somehow passively or adding a button not that intesresting really as essences are the samething.

Its basic chores as there is no AP farm anyone more as such rep caches don't really serve anypoint and pratically everyone is exalted to everyfaction and you could easily gain all essences to rank 3 in two weeks if you just play like 1-2h a day ,do m+15 once a week, do mechahom and run EP on hc.

You should have specified that at the beginning before starting the thread.

With those 3 things on weekly basis and playing 1-2h per day its easy rank 3 essences in couple of weeks.

I never said that they were they are just part of YOUR CHARACTER PROGRESSION. Personally I don't mind them being removed as they bring back new spells though I'm gonna miss AP farming.

So playing 1-2h daily is much for you? Damn. Yeah I know I'm not special nobody is special nobody matters so what? Also I'm not even playing that much wow anymore nearly all essences are at legendary and I only log in to do mythic raids and weekly m+ as wow has nothing to do in it at all...... its like WoD now.... how do you feel cool playing a video game?

It takes out few remaining RPG sides of wow......character progression and its already so minimal and wow is already so account wide its pratically only online game as even Massive multiplayer can easily argued against and keeping what remains of RPG side is
    If you read more posts, you would have read that i already own almost all rank 3 essences on my main character.

However redoing all the boring chores on multiple alts because i want to play them to unlock the same essences is something i dont wanna do. Hence the topic and idea about account wide essences.

None of the content is trivial or challenging. So what is the big issue if it will become account wide?

All of us gain an advantage because you did the work to unlock said essences.
    I dont see any arguments at all why it would be so bad for the game.

I wanna play alts in content i like to play and not be firstly spending all my time on fixing the essences through the same boring way i already did.

And you used the casual thing as an insult as stated above. And i never attacked you personally.

14 hours a week, just to farm essences. And then the time required for m+ / raids etc.

That is a lot of time to regain stuff just on alts.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sangfoudre View Post
    Yeah but making alts does not always imply to have full 445 gear along with max rank essences.
    Why is gear being brought up into this? It doesnt make any sense that gear should be account wide too if essences will be or that people will ask for account wide gear.

Gearing a character is still a really nice investment in your character. Essences isnt fun or challenging at all.

Gearing up will be, since it relates to group content / socializing etc.

Unlocking r1 on an alt should unlock the highest available to your account.

Why is gear being brought up into this? It doesnt make any sense that gear should be account wide too if essences will be or that people will ask for account wide gear.

Gearing a character is still a really nice investment in your character. Essences isnt fun or challenging at all.

Gearing up will be, since it relates to group content / socializing etc.
    Because, imho, leveling essences is part of leveling an alt, as well as needed reps, azerite, professions and gear.
    I do agree tho that once an essence has been maxed out on a char, like R3, some mechanic should loosen what's needed to get them on alts.
    But I disagree on the account-wide part because it does not make sense, everything else that has been allowed to be account-wide had no impact on gameplay.
    Unpopular opinions ftw.

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    Everything else should be account wide in the game except for gear, xp and quests. Quests should only reward reputation once per account though.
    I agree more on this statement than on essences only. It makes more sense.
    Unpopular opinions ftw.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sangfoudre View Post
    I agree more on this statement than on essences only. It makes more sense.
    And 2 posts above you quote me that leveling essences / gaining essences is part of playing an alt.

And you do agree on this statement aswell...

So what do you think or what do you want?
    You cant have it both ways
    Last edited by Augusta138; 2019-12-10 at 10:31 AM.

I'm comparing ALL essences to talents as they pratically work like them take a and it increases your damage output by giving passive buff or active Effect
    Good for you but it still doesn't have relevance to my original point. Read carefully what I've wrote and get back to me once you've actually understood the message being conveyed.

And 2 posts above you quote me that leveling essences / gaining essences is part of playing an alt.

And you do agree on this statement aswell...

So what do you think or what do you want?
    You cant have it both ways
    No I can't so I'll clarify my thoughts.
    I'd say it's either anything or nothing. Account wide essences don't make sense if the rest is not, like reps.
    Either we stay like this (save for lessening requirements for example) or we have a system like account wide or allowing transfer of essences/gear/reps/whatelse to another char.
    But allowing essences to be account wide and just that, I disagree as part of the leveling process, like reps.
    Is that clearer ?
    Unpopular opinions ftw.