Page 1 of 23
... LastLast

Why are people genuinely mad that Classic is a success?

Like, why are you seriously angry at the game, Blizzard for releasing, hoping it'll die soon etc? Why are you so mad one of the greatest games ever released actually still holds up?

Like.. Why not be happy for those who enjoy it?

Because a lot of Classic fanboy can't stand that ppl are actually enjoying modern Wow and even spill tons of BS and lies (like Classic is harder than Retail!) before it was release.

There is hate on both sides.

IS this really a big thing? As far as i can see generally most ppl actually are happy and its just some niche groups of ppl that either don't like retail or don't like classic and troll about it.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I've ever heard or read any comment or statement expressing or implying "genuine" madness, anger or any other strong negativeness towards World of Warcraft: Classic - be it about it's launch, success, recent World PvP fiasco and/or future plans.

Stood in the Fire
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rioriel View Post
    Why are people genuinely convinced that everyone else is against them?
    Because somehow we live in a time where a lot people are convinced that everyone must have an opinion about everything. And the only opinions that are accepted are "love it" or "hate it". If you don't express a clear opinion in either of these categories, those people automatically assume you belong their opposite opinion.
    For those people there is no middle ground. Regardless of the topic. And if you say something like "I love this about that, but I hate that part in it", guess what: For those who love it, you're a hater and vice versa.

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    Quote Originally Posted by Askyl View Post
    Like, why are you seriously angry at the game, Blizzard for releasing, hoping it'll die soon etc? Why are you so mad one of the greatest games ever released actually still holds up?

Like.. Why not be happy for those who enjoy it?
    Many people want to have their egos stroked. They want confirmation that their decision was the best decision to the point that if others were to make a different decision, they must be idiots.

You see this all over the place. Apple vs Android vs Microsoft. Ford vs Chevy vs Honda vs Toyota. Walmart vs Target. McDonalds vs Wendys vs Burger King. And so on and so on.

In fact, this is actually an important aspect of advertising in general. Commercials for a product are intended to *both* sell the product to those who don't have it as well as reinforce to existing product users that they made the right choice.

You just have to ignore such people. Instead, enjoy debating people who have actual points worth discussing.

Quote Originally Posted by Specialka View Post
    Because a lot of Classic fanboy can't stand that ppl are actually enjoying modern Wow and even spill tons of BS and lies (like Classic is harder than Retail!) before it was release.

There is hate on both sides.

You realize you are a poster child for what the OP is asking about, right? You go right in and ignore what he’s asking about and attack people who like Classic.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shnider View Post
    If you consider the slugfest that's happening on realms atm a success then go see a shrink.

literally 90% of my friendlist don't log in anymore because of the honor system.

being camped constantly and wasting 3-4 hours to reach a dungeon is not something I would call successful.

More attacks and hyperbole.

From what I have seen, if you can consider people being angry that classic is success, then there is at least equal amount of classic players being angry that not everyone likes classic and hate retail.

Both "sides" have idiots. What a surprise.

I don't hate Classic, and it's definitely a success, MMO-wise, but what irks me is people that still believe Classic is the only thing saving WoW, when there were numbers a while ago that Classic has roughly a third of the active players of Retail. Something that will go down, btw, and that's not hate, that's a logical fact. Retail numbers will also tumble until Shadowlands comes out. Classic will have some pushes from the remaining phases, but those will be done eventually.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

I think the boner "Vanilla Players" have bashing retail far exceeds your silly claim of those that hate Classic's "success"...

ugh. both sides are behaving rediculus.
    None of us really changes over time. We only become more fully what we are.

This shit happens both ways. Even you are doing it atm., trying to provoke people into debating whether it actually is succesful or not. If you actually were sure it is succesful you wouldnt have the need to create a topic like this. If you enjoy the game, just play it and let people think whatever they want to lol, retail ppl will soon get bored of bashing classic If no classic ppl gives them attention

If you consider the slugfest that's happening on realms atm a success then go see a shrink.

literally 90% of my friendlist don't log in anymore because of the honor system.

being camped constantly and wasting 3-4 hours to reach a dungeon is not something I would call successful.
    Even the most nochanges hardcore pservers implemented bgs with the honor system because they understood what would happen nowadays. There's a lot more information and metagaming and ppl in general understand what they have to do.

Blizzard failed big time. And no I'm not whinning because I get camped even tho I obviously do(who doesn't in this phase) and am rank 8 atm. I can only imagine how it is for someone not invested in pvp if I am invested hardcore and it is annoying to me.

I would guess its because the people who play Classic often insult/deride anyone who likes Retail and generally want the game to devolve back to shit design. While retail certainly went a bit too far with some things, Classic is too far backwards and while I like playing it, it really shows why a lot of things were added to the game to make it better.

I’ve figured it’s insecurity by retail fans that deep down classic is more popular.

If they do classic+, they will be more hostile and threatened by classic

I understand it split the player base but bfa just doesn’t gel for a lot of players, it’s an expansion designed for people who dislike old wow

- - - Updated - - -

He said it's a success. which it's simply not.

People have valid reasons for why classic is a mess and they have the right to form their displeasure.
    Considering Blizz said wow classic tripled wows subs, I’d say it’s a success

My realm Herod has queue times that are bigger than the entire population of my 3 retail realms combined

Quote Originally Posted by justandulas View Post
    I’ve figured it’s insecurity by retail fans that deep down classic is more popular.

If they do classic+, they will be more hostile and threatened by classic

I understand it split the player base but bfa just doesn’t gel for a lot of players, it’s an expansion designed for people who dislike old wow
    Aa a classic player who haven't touched retail for years, I can say that the irony in this post is real. Why would you feel the need to post smth like that if you weren't insecure yourself?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by justandulas View Post
    Hi there, 15 year playing WoW since the beginning, I liked "old WoW" when I played it then, and I'm currently enjoying BFA as I play it now, as I am one of the many, many people who grew, changed and adapted with the game as time passed, please dont pretend to speak for me, thanks.
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

Same reason as people disliking anything else: the minority vocal toxic playerbase that does not necessarily represent the majority
    Last edited by david0925; 2019-12-10 at 12:22 PM.

OP assumes there's people genuinely mad, which I believe stretches the truth quite a bit.

There is a subsection on both sides that believe one can't be succesful unless the other has failed. Those post antagonizing comments, which call forth a response...

These people probably do the same over their favourite icecream flavour, why stress about it?

Quote Originally Posted by Rioriel View Post
    Why are people genuinely convinced that everyone else is against them?
    I'd like to delve into how this is just a reflection of the social/political climate that people tend to experience or participate in on a regular basis, where not only do you have to choose a camp but also you usually must participate or risk being a pariah (but that explanation would be a different thread). However, I will say that you see this on mentality gaming forums about certain games, even classic vs retail. The reality of the situation is that those you see in these forums or even the B.net forum represent the player base just as much as Twitter represents a population, which is to say they're both a very small minority of a particular subset of vocal people that nowhere near represents reality or most of the player base. Vast majority of people that play BfA and/or classic will never frequent forums at all or even gaming websites, let alone see the quibbling that exists concerning retail vs classic.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville