10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Late night talk show hosts/colbert need the material you know
    They had plenty of material before Trump, the GOP have been clowns for decades.

I expected more articles. I'm really looking forward to an interview with Pelosi 5 years from now giving us all the strategy and behind the scenes of how she handled Trump.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    They had plenty of material before Trump, the GOP have been clowns for decades.
    Mission accomplished ehhehe

Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    I know you're trying to be funny and all, but there's children needlessly in prison camps because of him. There's family businesses destroyed because of his unnecessary trade war. There's about to be numerous poor, LBTQ, women, and other marginalized groups staring down the barrel of a country with less protections for them because of Trump. None of this even includes the destruction he's caused due to environmental rollbacks.
    It is true though, US politics have rarely been more entertaining than they are now. I think that Trump might eventually be credited for getting more (young?) people involved in politics than most presidents.

Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    It is true though, US politics have rarely been more entertaining than they are now. I think that Trump might eventually be credited for getting more (young?) people involved in politics than most presidents.
    I just can't comment on his entertainment quotient when so many terrible things are happening right now because of him.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

Yeah, but this new interest in politics isn't "fun". It's EXHAUSTING. I just want a grown up in charge so I don't have to think about it all the time anymore.

To me, politics shouldn't be seen as entertaining. People's lives are literally at stake here.

But you're right, the thing that the resident can be credited for is getting more people involved in politics is simply because they don't want to deal with this toxic political climate again and want to bring some order and decency back in the White House again.
    Looking for <Good Quotes for Signature>.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    I just can't comment on his entertainment quotient when so many terrible things are happening right now because of him.
    Everything will be fine like always. https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/...446373889?s=21 Heeeeeeheeeee

Last edited by Video Games; 2019-12-10 at 03:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Skulltaker View Post
    So do you think it will actually happen? Genuinely curious. As a non-US citizen I'd like to hear if people actually think 'you' will get rid of that jackass. I sure hope so.

Impeachment is just the first step. Think of it as the house handing down a grand jury indictment the actual trial and possible removal happens in the senate. Still this is only the fourth time in our country's history that this has happened.

look at it from this side

if you impeach trump he wil be the first republican ever to be impeached
    and third American president (2x democrats)

but i wouldnt hold my breath on removing him thats very unlikely.
    and i where you i'd vote for a better candidate then Biden the guy is clearly mentally wel fucked up and creepy

10+ Year Old Account
    Yet another shift in the White House, also known as "the U-Haul of moving goalposts". It's time for Guess the Speaker!

Politics can and should influence foreign policy, and hopefully always will
    Yep, that's Mulvaney, no longer even trying to hide that Trump extorted Ukraine for his own purposes.

The acting chief of staff insisted that whichever political party controls the White House has the right to set foreign policy, and that career officials and lawmakers should respect that. The comments appeared to be a veiled criticism of government officials who testified last month about concerns that Trump's policy toward Ukraine was inappropriate.

Mulvaney's Tuesday comments amounted to a defense of his performance at a press briefing in October, in which he told reporters security aid to Ukraine was dependent partly on the country investigating a conspiracy theory that Ukraine, and not Russia, interfered in the 2016 election.

"And I have news for everybody: Get over it," Mulvaney said at the time. "There's going to be political influence in foreign policy."
    "We can do whatever we want for whatever reason, and you have to accept is" is dictator talk. And it's miles away from "this didn't happen" and it's even a few blocks down the street from "it was the right thing to do". It's just "fuck you, that's why" which isn't a defense, it's and admission of guilt.

But surely, with such strong convictions of his position, Mulvaney will take to the stand and prove once and f--

I’m not going to testify
    Oh, right, I forgot. Team Trump.

I do so look forward to hearing the GOP Senate's excuse for why nobody in the White House will need to take the oath. You know they're terrified of that being an option, so they're going to find some way it doesn't, despite, you know, their words and actions being the central issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Aenigma84 View Post
    look at it from this side

if you impeach trump he wil be the first republican ever to be impeached
    and third American president (2x democrats)

but i wouldnt hold my breath on removing him thats very unlikely.
    and i where you i'd vote for a better candidate then Biden the guy is clearly mentally wel fucked up and creepy
    Richard Nixon was a Democrat now?
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    I don't care if he committed tax fraud. Scoring political victories and crushing the aspirations of your political opponents is more important than adhering to moral principles.
    Well at least they're being honest now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skulltaker View Post
    Thanks. So, as far as I've gathered, the Judiciary committee is going to vote if this is put befor the house of representatives, and from there he would actually stand trial in front of the Senate. Would that be televised? Trump on Trial? I'd pay to watch that.
    Clintons was televised, but there are no real rules for how the Senate trial is to be held.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

Nixon resigned before he was impeached i believe it was andrew johnson that was impeached before clinton but my brain could be failing

Quote Originally Posted by Thestrawman View Post
    Richard Nixon was a Democrat now?
    Nixon wasn't actually Impeached since taking your ball and going home before you lose a game means you can brag you never lost!

This is why i dont understand why people hate trump. Hes produced the best 24/7 reality tv show ive ever seen. Im gonna go f5 his twitter all day
    By that logic if I came to your house and spent the day getting drunk and pissing all over your major electronics rendering them inoperable you have no reason to hate me as long as I video it for my youtube channel and people get a laugh out of it.

It's funny and trump definitely gives plenty to mock and laugh at, and then people who aren't dumb remember there's real world and often long term consequences to his actions. Personally even if everything will be fine in the long run I'd rather not cock it up in the first place if we can help it for your personal derpness.
    “Logic: The art of thinking and reasoning in strict accordance with the limitations and incapacities of the human misunderstanding.”
    "Conservative, n: A statesman who is enamored of existing evils, as distinguished from the Liberal who wishes to replace them with others."
    Ambrose Bierce
    The Bird of Hermes Is My Name, Eating My Wings To Make Me Tame.

10+ Year Old Account
    So the new talking point apparently is that the Republicans and Trump were not allowed to speak to the witnesses, and that the Democrats wouldn't allow Trump himself to speak in front of the House. I mean it's dishonest bullshit but at this point is anyone really surprised that the Cult has decided to play this card?
    “You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it.”― Malcolm X

I watch them fight and die in the name of freedom. They speak of liberty and justice, but for whom? -Ratonhnhaké:ton (Connor Kenway)

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shimerra View Post
    By that logic if I came to your house and spent the day getting drunk and pissing all over your major electronics rendering them inoperable you have no reason to hate me as long as I video it for my youtube channel and people get a laugh out of it.

It's funny and trump definitely gives plenty to mock and laugh at, and then people who aren't dumb remember there's real world and often long term consequences to his actions. Personally even if everything will be fine in the long run I'd rather not cock it up in the first place if we can help it for your personal derpness.
    If thats what you think then you arent looking at the object of the ire. I wasnt the subject of a 2 year investigation only to get away with it but then mess it up over a phonecall, committing several felonies and crying on twitter for being caught so i dont deserve you pissing on my things

Quote Originally Posted by Captain N View Post
    So the new talking point apparently is that the Republicans and Trump were not allowed to speak to the witnesses, and that the Democrats wouldn't allow Trump himself to speak in front of the House. I mean it's dishonest bullshit but at this point is anyone really surprised that the Cult has decided to play this card?
    The real question is would Trump have spoken in front of the house? Plus I think we can take his tweets as his response so there's no need for him to do so

10+ Year Old Account
    I expected more articles. I'm really looking forward to an interview with Pelosi 5 years from now giving us all the strategy and behind the scenes of how she handled Trump.
    The thing is, they only need one. One Article that the House of Reps can agree on, and that the Senate can support.

In my prior post, I mentioned they were sticking to the "sure thing" rather than the "kitchen sink". To me, this suggests that the Democrats think they might actually get the Senate on board. McConnell can't throw it out; he's legally obligated to hold this proceeding. And he doesn't preside over it; Chief Justice Roberts does. So things can't be QUITE as blockaded as they would be for a normal bill. They're going to have to vote, and they're going to know history is watching, and we might see enough Republicans say "yeah, that was abuse of power" that the Senate might actually convict. To at least some Republicans, damage control needs to be what they're thinking, and voting to remove Trump is a first step. If they don't, they'll wear that choice the rest of their careers.

The "kitchen sink" approach I would have expected if they were expecting to fail in the Senate regardless. List everything, as damning as it is, and put it out there publicly. Use them, and the Republican response to it, as the basis for the 2020 election run. If the House voted to include bribery, money laundering, racketeering, etc in the list of Articles, they could be referring to those in every campaign ad. Not likely to attract Republican voters, but it might have the same suppressive effect that the Clinton email fiasco had on her campaign.

The advantage of the "sure thing" is that, if you can get him removed, you can roll out criminal charges for every goddamned thing you left out of the Articles of Impeachment. He isn't exonerated for any of that, and those criminal charges can be held for when he's out of office.

- - - Updated - - -

If thats what you think then you arent looking at the object of the ire. I wasnt the subject of a 2 year investigation only to get away with it but then mess it up over a phonecall, committing several felonies and crying on twitter for being caught so i dont deserve you pissing on my things
    I mean, he didn't "get away with it". He had temporary immunity from prosecution. Not the same thing.