Page 8 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    There is a lot of frustration from people that are playing retail who see their raids completely cancelled and all their friends or guildmates playing Classic, particularly those that were not interested in playing Classic from the start. And I guess they fear a lot of people will never come back, which will jeopardize retail to some degree, but most certainly their guild and progression.

However, we really have to consider that BfA is near the end of the cycle content-wise. We will have a better appreciation when the expansion is released of what people do, but what everyone seems to forget here is that overall, the number of WoW subscriber has increased dramatically, which can only be good for everyone, both Classic and Retail.

Quote Originally Posted by Rioriel View Post
    Why are people genuinely convinced that everyone else is against them?
    Because they'll run across a member of that small group that actually doesn't like classic/retail and they'll think that's the majority.
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

Wow Classic is a dead end game as far development is concerned. And even if Blizzard decides to do something like a Classic+ or "something new" like BC servers, the Classic fans will be grossly divided. The more Blizzard bifurcates the fan base the worse it is for both Classic and BFA, Shadowlands or w/e trash follows. BFA is the worst xpac and Shadowlands is kind of "meh" so far. And Classic isn't without it's flaws and short comings. Blizzard should've learned more than they did with the Classic Xp and implemented more of what made Classic great into Shadowlands. Another great addition would've been Classic Tw dungeons with the upgraded graphics we see in BFA or Legion or even WOD. It's a win/ win for everyone: Blizzard, Classic and Retail. But no - that's a smart move can't do anything smart with WOW. Blizzard is just plain lost.

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    tribalism.
    I hate tribalism so much v_v Reasoning not based on logic but based on being loyal to a side >_>

It would be foolish to wish for Classic to fail though. The game is actively earning a huge amount of revenue
    Yep and since they don't have to make content for classic and it'll be the same game 400 years from now I would guess that money comes to the retail side lol

At some point they should've tried something different like doing a WoW 2.
    I'll play wow 2 if all my stuff from wow 1 transfers over, otherwise #wow1forLife.
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

I've seen it all on these forums, first ppl were asking for classic for years so they didnt have to be relegated to pservers just to play the game they enjoyed and tons of folks around here came with the most absurd arguments and assured blizz would never go for it.

Then blizz anounced them and the same folks said it would fail completely.

Then it was finally released and increased the sub base by 230% and ppl keep claiming the most absurds things about it.

Well, after many years watching and participating in this shit show i can only say, yes, ppl really wanted it, many who didnt even know wanted it, and the current version of the game is a mere shell of what the game was and could be, and classic is a living proof of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Luxeley View Post
    and implemented more of what made Classic great into Shadowlands.
    Only thing from classic that I would want in retail is no CRZ. I like both games but I want to keep their styles waaay the fuck away from each other lol.
    My Collection

Quote Originally Posted by Specialka View Post
    Because a lot of Classic fanboy can't stand that ppl are actually enjoying modern Wow and even spill tons of BS and lies (like Classic is harder than Retail!) before it was release.

There is hate on both sides.
    i mean that's not an excuse, like okay they hate your game, but why do you hate the fact that Classic is a success? you can hate Classic all you want..

also just because someone else hates you or something that you happen to like doesn't mean you have to hate him/it back

Because it's made retail redundant. They are even having to rush Classic so it's releases don't line up with Shadowlands because they know it would tank interest/sales in their newest expansion.

Because tribalism.

Quote Originally Posted by voidillusion View Post
    Then it was finally released and increased the sub base by 230%
    One day you guys are going to tell me where you get your numbers from lol Unless this was just exaggeration and I can ignore it altogether.

Well, after many years watching and participating in this shit show i can only say, yes, ppl really wanted it, many who didnt even know wanted it, and the current version of the game is a mere shell of what the game was and could be, and classic is a living proof of it.
    Let's uh, keep classic idea's away from retail lol

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by WowClassic View Post
    Because it's made retail redundant. They are even having to rush Classic so it's releases don't line up with Shadowlands because they know it would tank interest/sales in their newest expansion.
    lol You should probably make a new account and name yourself something that doesn't have blatant bias lol
    My Collection

Quote Originally Posted by Drusin View Post
    One day you guys are going to tell me where you get your numbers from lol
    https://www.newsweek.com/world-warcr...elease-1461086

Is this good enough?

Nope. They still playing? I so wish Blizz would release numbers but I know they won't. Maybe I can bribe an employee
    My Collection

One day you guys are going to tell me where you get your numbers from lol Unless this was just exaggeration and I can ignore it altogether.

Let's uh, keep classic idea's away from retail lol

- - - Updated - - -

lol You should probably make a new account and name yourself something that doesn't have blatant bias lol
    The funny about WowClassic, the guy you quoted, is that he has been advocating for Classic for months. Then a few days after Classic release, he was like : Finally you were right, Classic is not for me etc...

He is just a troll.

Nope. They still playing? I so wish Blizz would release numbers but I know they won't. Maybe I can bribe an employee
    I'm confused, was the problem what i said or that all of them might not be playing right now?

People are miserable wannabe know-it-alls for the most part. Misery loves company.

Quote Originally Posted by Specialka View Post
    The funny about WowClassic, the guy you quoted, is that he has been advocating for Classic for months. Then a few days after Classic release, he was like : Finally you were right, Classic is not for me etc...

He is just a troll.
    Ah yeah I remember this thread https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...nfession-time)

- - - Updated - - -

I'm confused, was the problem what i said or that all of them might not be playing right now?
    I feel like it's a tad dishonest. What if classic brought 1 billion new players to the game. If they aren't here now then it doesn't matter. It's just like retail xpac launches, the numbers are going to be super high then die down and the numbers when it's "died down" are what matter.
    My Collection

Quote Originally Posted by Shnider View Post
    If you consider the slugfest that's happening on realms atm a success then go see a shrink.

literally 90% of my friendlist don't log in anymore because of the honor system.

being camped constantly and wasting 3-4 hours to reach a dungeon is not something I would call successful.
    Well why the hell would you think it would be anything else? It was obvious from the beginning that classic was going to be popular so to roll on a pvp realm then complain about being constantly RSVP'd is just idiotic.

I rolled on a pve server and it's been going great. Can pve when I want and flag and do ssvtm pvp all I want.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, its not... for two reasons... you cant read (you claimed 230%) and those numbers aren't from Blizzard.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Bhanzai View Post
    Well why the hell would you think it would be anything else? It was obvious from the beginning that classic was going to be popular so to roll on a pvp realm then complain about being constantly RSVP'd is just idiotic.

I rolled on a pve server and it's been going great. Can pve when I want and flag and do ssvtm pvp all I want.
    Lol I said a while ago I'm going to feel sorry for people on pvp servers. Mostly the new players though, like if they made a toon on a pvp realm right now to level, good luck lol.
    My Collection

Ah yeah I remember this thread https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...nfession-time)

- - - Updated - - -

I feel like it's a tad dishonest. What if classic brought 1 billion new players to the game. If they aren't here now then it doesn't matter. It's just like retail xpac launches, the numbers are going to be super high then die down and the numbers when it's "died down" are what matter.
    That doesnt changes a bit what i said and you had issue with. I just said what the article states, classic realese increased subs by 230% ~ nothing more nothing less. Do i believe all of them are still subbed? Ofc not, still classic population is still more than healthy, and that's all that matters to me.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    No, its not... for two reasons... you cant read (you claimed 230%) and those numbers aren't from Blizzard.
    You're right, sorry about the 7%