Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I am playing classic and other games but I usually take a break when a new title comes out that I wan't to play.

15+ Year Old Account
    2 months was enough. Leveling and a bit of gearing. 5mans and MC are very boring, extremely long and slow and completely unchallenging. Waiting for the 20mans to be released, maybe phase 4? I'll check back then.
    Blizzard gief BC!

Thread creator was banned. Go figure!
    Can we please do that with all threads about why classic is or isn’t better than retail?

We don’t need more of those threads.
    You think we do but we don’t!

OnT :

Made it to lvl 35 before nostalgia faded.
    Playing retail and preparing an alt for 8.3.

Spending most of my gaming time on Diablo 2 tho. Great game still

I'm enjoying both, got my Warrior to 60 cleared all raid content on got myself BRE so im set for when BG's come out.

Also play a multitude of games anyway but I can't play classic for too long just like I can't play Retail for to long.

Quote Originally Posted by Aizen244 View Post
    I talked with some people and I get the impression that most are bored with classic now. Most of them will switch to retail with the upcoming patch. I don't blame them, classic is a great game but retail has more stuff to kill your time.

Assuming that you are 60 and have done most of the dungeon content/Ony/MC. What keeps you playing the game now?
    I genuinely don't know any of those people, and everyone I've talked to is still super into Classic. Nothing wrong with this, but just to say there's clearly a difference in audiences. Personally, as much as I've been advocating for Classic (I've wanted it since Cata), I'm even surprised with how much I still LOVE Classic, and have zero - zero - interest in 8.2, 8.3 or Shadowlands. Conceptually, there are some very interesting things coming, and I feel that the team will likely rebound after a generally lackluster BFA, but any interest I have in the evolving live game is simply gone. If Classic were to shut down, I'd simply stop playing WoW altogether.

I am, however, deeply excited in the prospect of Classic BC and Classic Wrath. I want all three of these versions to exist, concurrently and in perpetuity. I can easily see myself playing either of these three expansions for the next 15 years, and if they keep these servers connected, but separate (as they should), so you can play on any of them, at any time, people like me won't run out of content. Frankly, through all these games, there are thousands of hours of gameplay. Getting one of each character, maxed to level cap, and fully geared through all content, with all achievements complete (come Wrath), will take one hell of a long time. I love the idea of running Naxx on Tuesday, Black Temple on Thursday, Ulduar on Friday and ICC Sundays. That sounds like the best thing in the world! (Granted, you need a dedicated core guild to do this, but I'm lucky to be with such a team, so unless anything happens in the next few years, this could be my reality).

So no, for me, I'm still loving Classic, and nothing is likely to change that anytime soon. I am not playing as much as I was at launch - I'd be playing every spare minute around family/work to level up and get some early pre-raid gearing done. At this point, I'm well into regular raiding, still have some gearing/dungeons to do, but I'm not in an absolute grind rush. It's frankly nice to be able to log in for raids, and a couple other nights a week to do this or that. If there's nothing I really want to do on my main, alts exist. I know lots of people seem to be "out of stuff to do", but personally I don't understand that.

Just go fishing. Been doing that for a few days, and it's lovely!

Still playing. Taking breaks from time to time. Took a week or so off to play Outer Worlds, I also play Overwatch from time to time . Also, I didnt rush to 60, currently 57. Taking my time and enjoying it! The one game Im no longer playing is retail.

10+ Year Old Account
    I did not start with Classic at launch and stopped leveling around lvl 22. Haven't logged in in weeks. I'm still playing BfA but not so much. Looking forward to 8.3.

10+ Year Old Account
    I stopped after getting to 60 with full blue gear (and an epic).

I got the enjoyment I wanted out of the game and it was amazing. But for now I am content with that.

I am enjoying classic still, although at the moment i am a super poor level 60.
    I've raided MC a few times, gotten some loot so it is quite fun for me.

Excited for BG's coming out today, it's been a long time since I have done BG's amd looking forward to playing them again.
    Currently I am on the hunt for ways to make gold by myself as I don't always have a lot of game time, and I really would like to get an epic mount

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    Raid logging currently and farming for consumes on the weekend. Waiting for BGs and BWL and I'll be logged in all the time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aizen244 View Post
    I talked with some people and I get the impression that most are bored with classic now. Most of them will switch to retail with the upcoming patch. I don't blame them, classic is a great game but retail has more stuff to kill your time.

Assuming that you are 60 and have done most of the dungeon content/Ony/MC. What keeps you playing the game now?
    While I believe that many are bored, I don’t buy for one minute that many are going to switch to retail rofl.

Like retail has been there forever. If people wanted it they’d have played it. No one sees it now and thinks wow cool vulpera are coming? Well shit let me get my furry fetish on and play BFA!

10+ Year Old Account
    I switched back to retail.

I had fun taking my time getting to 60, doing the max level dungeons, and clearing Molten Core and Onyxia a few times... but since there are no changes, as people wanted, there will be no ret balancing. I get bored healing and stopped enjoying raiding. So I'm back on Battle For Azeroth.

I believe I am growing out of WoW in general.

Other hobbies are taking priority as they feel much more rewarding for me.

My warrior + priest combo are level 50 (2box questing). I log in to grind for a couple bars then I'm good for the night.

I do feel more and more tempted to buy PC games like Red Dead Redemption, Fallout 4, etc.

Absolutely loving it. Finally wow is back to having closed realm server community.

Can't get enough of the endless pvp, faction griefing and just logging on an playing with a ton of really awesome people.

Not to mention, raiding on 2 characters each week.
    Focusing on getting our MC clears under 45 minutes atm.

For the first 3 months i played it every moment of gaming time I could manage. Leveling to 60, building gear sets, clearing my quest log, gaining rep, raiding.

Nowadays I play 2-3 nights a week, several of them raiding. Other nights are rep grinding, gold farming, helping guildies, etc. Started a few alts.

With battlegrounds launching today, i suspect i'm back to 'every gaming hour of the week' will be consumed in Classic once again.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yes and Yes.

Honestly I've been trying to figure out what it is about Classic that I like enough to keep coming back while with Retail even Shadowlands' hype wore off after like three days.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

I made the terrible decision to start on a PVP server and of coarse like all realms the damn server was horribly unbalanced in favor of Horde and I was on Alliance. So I got to lvl 48 and have now quit because the only way to level was to do Instances and I got burned out pretty quickly doing that. If they open up Server transfers Ill probably come back and play on a PVE server. I have now moved on to playing Black Desert on PS4 and Ark.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Weeps View Post
    I believe I am growing out of WoW in general.

Other hobbies are taking priority as they feel much more rewarding for me.

My warrior + priest combo are level 50 (2box questing). I log in to grind for a couple bars then I'm good for the night.

I do feel more and more tempted to buy PC games like Red Dead Redemption, Fallout 4, etc.
    Yes, I think I have finally admitted that I have played this game for 15 years and I think I am now over it in general Retail or Classic.

stopped just before 50, all my friends quit playing, too time consuming to travel or wait for people to make it to a dungeon. I enjoyed it, until people stopped logging in

Both. Kinda boring lately, but BG's and new raids will make it a lot better.

Finally have some time to get into Borderlands 3 and some other games I've been neglecting.

The only other game i play is 'Baba is You' during fly paths.
    I do not care about anything else.