Another GOP retiring. This one claims it's because he promised to after 4 terms, which would be the first time in a while a member of the GOP honored their pledge.

http://a.msn.com/01/en-us/BBY29AA?ocid=st

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    This is precisely why I support impeachment even if there is a 0.00001% chance the Republican controlled senate will do the right thing and remove this oaf from office. It sends a message that, hey, this shit, not acceptable. The Office of the President of the United States is not a monarchy nor a dictatorship, if you can't abide by our laws while being President, you should not be president.

No one is above the law.

No one.

Which is why, by the way, I think the Office of Legal Council's stance of not indicting a president is f**king stupid. If there's clear evidence, then indict the motherfucker. He's not a king.

We got rid of our king 243 years ago.
    Except the president. And to an extent the Congress. All confirmed by 243 years of court precedents.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Also, there was a preview spot for a Fresh Air interview that reminded me about something.

Remember when Trump couldn't stop about how much he loved "his generals"? The years he went on about how much he loved them and how great they were?

At least since Mattis quit, I can't remember him much mentioning generals, especially not positively. It seems he's fallen out of love with the uniformed, star-studded men and women of military leadership as they haven't proven to be quite as compliant with his every request as he'd hoped/imagined.

Almost like "his generals" were never anything more than a political prop.
    They, to their credit, never have prostrated themselves to give "dear leader" diatribes to his greatness. So their loyalty is now in question. Remember, simply refusing to publicly disagree with him isnt good enough. You have to go in public and wax poetic about how he descended from on high to save the world.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/militar...order-n1099071

Pentagon IG reviewing troop deployments at the border.

Anyone taking bets on if the IG will find issues with the legality of the deployment and the administration not checking off all the proper boxes? Because I don't want to bet against that given all recent history.

Quote Originally Posted by D3thray View Post
    Except the president. And to an extent the Congress. All confirmed by 243 years of court precedents.
    All the court precedent actually suggests the exact opposite, in fact. At best you've got a Department of Justice guideline, which is basically a presidential appointee looking the other way when his boss does something wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by D3thray View Post
    I know you're not the brightest crayon in the box but no one can be dumb enough to have said this and mean it. If it was confirmed by court precedents than it is almost by definition according to the law as the entire purpose of the courts is to interpret the law and adjudicate disputes based on the law. No one's gonna pretend there haven't been terrible interpretations or even some seriously failures to hold people to account but if that's your point it couldn't have been phrased more stupidly.

Seriously I wonder if half you read what you write at all.
    “Logic: The art of thinking and reasoning in strict accordance with the limitations and incapacities of the human misunderstanding.”
    "Conservative, n: A statesman who is enamored of existing evils, as distinguished from the Liberal who wishes to replace them with others."
    Ambrose Bierce
    The Bird of Hermes Is My Name, Eating My Wings To Make Me Tame.

"Current FBI Director"...so is Wray on the way out and he doesn't know it yet? Is he gettin the boot for disagreeing in the IG report, angring Trump?
    I'll give it to the end of the year that Wray is gone.

"Current FBI Director"...so is Wray on the way out and he doesn't know it yet? Is he gettin the boot for disagreeing in the IG report, angring Trump?
    Did he disagree with the IG report? Or did he disagree with Barr's spin on the IG report?
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post
    Did he disagree with the IG report? Or did he disagree with Barr's spin on the IG report?
    Both of them.
    Yeah, he's toast.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Both of them.
    Yeah, he's toast.
    Yeah, doing his job in a proper manner is reason for dismissal in this administrations, their court and secretary picks alone are shining examples of that. They don't want principled people, they want "Yes Men" who would gladly turn us into a dictatorship if that is what their dear leader tried to do.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    When is Trump going to lash out against Ivanka for being BFFs with Steele?

The Steele Dossier was an inside job (/s)

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    When is Trump going to lash out against Ivanka for being BFFs with Steele?

The Steele Dossier was an inside job (/s)
    Nah, he's gonna lash out at Steele for tricking poor Ivanka.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TwistedSkull View Post
    There's a comment that's sats 'It's Performance Review Day'. That's my head canon.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Getting his affairs in order...making sure preparations are all ready for Trump's room next to Snowden.

Getting his affairs in order...making sure preparations are all ready for Trump's room next to Snowden.
    Hey now, don't insult Snowden like that, he actually did good and tried to help expose crime and would be one of those exposing Trump if he were in today.

He is leagues better than Trump.

He agreed with the IG report (mistakes were made, but that none of the mistakes were significant and the more serious allegations against the FBI and "DEEP STATE" are a load of nonsense), and disagreed with the Barr/Trump spin.
    Last edited by Edge-; 2019-12-10 at 09:05 PM.

I agreed with the IG report (mistakes were made, but that none of the mistakes were significant and the more serious allegations against the FBI and "DEEP STATE" are a load of nonsense), and disagreed with the Barr/Trump spin.
    I figured most with a brain would, I was talking about the FBI guy.

Hey now, don't insult Snowden like that, he actually did good and tried to help expose crime and would be one of those exposing Trump if he were in today.
    He is leagues better than Trump.
    Yeah...but he's stuck in Moscow.

Yeah...but he's stuck in Moscow.
    Yeah, he is one who deserves a pardon. I still think that if Trump loses, either impeachment or election, he will try to be out of the country when it happens, hopefully in somewhere that doesn't extradite.