Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account

Win trading in Korraks Revenge

Joined as alliance and half the group went straight to Vanndar Stormpike and promptly afk'd even as horde crossed the bridge. When calling out their behavior I was myself removed from the bg with a deserter debuff. Anyone else experienced this? Off the back of winning the previous one after a 2hour game despite objections to let them win multiple times, all participants gained several levels hundreds of kills and a good chunk of honor. I was shocked to see this defeatist attitude on whole different level basically just bg botting for xp.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

I don't think it classifies as win trading if they don't make you win in return .
    What that group was doing was maximizing xp/h with korrak's I guess , As horde I had a 95% win ratio during the leveling of 4 characters but 20-40 minutes queues . I guess alliance have an harder time winning but also way faster queues so they just concede to join a new game faster and get that partecipation xp from losses.

I think a quick loss is preferable to a long fought one , or that group was part of some shady powerlevel service.

Did they talk back ? If no one shit talked and just removed you it's higher the chance it was powerleveling business

If you're chasing XP in Korrak's (most are), the the worst thing that can happen is a standstill on the bridge that the Horde can't break and the Alliance can't get past. They'd rather get a quick loss (half of win XP) than risk the bg stalling and having to desert.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    There was not a word in chat. They get xp trickling in during the battle. According to the rules forfeiting like this falls under win-trading as they're not even attempting to help out from the start nor is it necessary to receive a win in return to fall under this classification.

I'd argue the xp/h is close to the same anyways, they're just ruining the game for those actually trying to win/have fun in AV with pushes and comebacks.

Quote Originally Posted by Vudu View Post
    They'd rather get a quick loss (half of win XP) than risk the bg stalling and having to desert.
    Quote Originally Posted by valax View Post
    I think a quick loss is preferable to a long fought one
    This. I'd rather lose fast than have hours of time consumed and win. I suggested in an AV last week that alliance should just chain losses since they have 6 minute Q times lol.
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

Actually going to Vandar and letting the rest back cap is the way for the Alliance win rather than go south and conquer like how the horde goes north.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Quote Originally Posted by Tiwack View Post
    Joined as alliance and half the group went straight to Vanndar Stormpike and promptly afk'd even as horde crossed the bridge. When calling out their behavior I was myself removed from the bg with a deserter debuff. Anyone else experienced this? Off the back of winning the previous one after a 2hour game despite objections to let them win multiple times, all participants gained several levels hundreds of kills and a good chunk of honor. I was shocked to see this defeatist attitude on whole different level basically just bg botting for xp.
    same here. this seems to happen mostly on ally side. I've been in 12 back-to-back AV for badges and Korrak. 12 loses. half the group goes AFK for XP. they're not even trying to fight back or win (double badges), or even do Korrak himself. it was disgusting. I got my mount, but felt so fed up and cancelled my sub 5 mins later (yeah,yeah, I know, 'I won't be missed' etc.).

I'd argue the xp/h is close to the same anyways, they're just ruining the game for those actually trying to win/have fun in AV with pushes and comebacks.
    TBH, the general consensus from the Alliance seems to be that voluntarily losing is preferable to the tug-of-war style they would need to actually win the game. In a battleground of 40 vs. 40, the general consensus is going to win out.

Korrak's has become a leveling path rather than a battleground and is being treated as such, with both sides maximizing how they can best gain exp (Horde through rushing and actually winning and Alliance through letting the Horde win quickly to still get half a level of exp from the loss).

There was a lot more trying from the Alliance in the opening weeks of the event, but this seems to be the pattern that has settled in for efficiency purposes.

No devs can ruin an MMORPG as much as the players themselves.

According to the rules forfeiting like this falls under win-trading as they're not even attempting to help out from the start nor is it necessary to receive a win in return to fall under this classification.
    Can you link to the definition you're referring to? I find your claim doubtful since the basic concept of win trading is getting a free win every other game, which isn't what is happening here.

Quote Originally Posted by Trend View Post
    Can you link to the definition you're referring to? I find your claim doubtful since the basic concept of win trading is getting a free win every other game, which isn't what is happening here.
    it's a black-friday-ish thingy. Alliance on sale. horde gets bulk wins plus free delivery .

They go to vanndar because you cant see them in the map if you are in vanndars room, its a bug for horde atleast. And you cant report through the map if you dont see them in the map.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trend View Post
    From the 'event' last year when players were coordinating crossfaction to gain easy honor levels:
    We’d like to make it clear that we have fully identified the error that caused this issue to occur, and can be confident in saying that future actions do not make the same mistake. That said, we’d also like to remind players that win-trading in order to earn things like Honor, Artifact Power, or Achievements is still win-trading, and is subject to the same punishments as win-trading in order to gain rating.
    I assume the same applies to xp. Maybe this would be better worded as matchfixing? You can always count on wow players to find a way to turn anything into a dumb boring grind.
    Last edited by Tiwack; 2019-12-11 at 01:30 AM.

From the 'event' last year when players were coordinating crossfaction to gain easy honor levels:

I assume the same applies to xp. Maybe this would be better worded as matchfixing? You can always count on wow players to find a way to turn anything into a dumb boring grind.
    But again, it gives examples of motivation for win-trading, but still explicitly calls it "win-trading" - which by my understanding is....you know.....TRADING wins.

Except that doesn't define what win-trading is, only what you can't use it for.

We’d like to make it clear that we have fully identified the error that caused this issue to occur, and can be confident in saying that future actions do not make the same mistake. That said, we’d also like to remind players that win-trading in order to earn things like Honor, Artifact Power, or Achievements is still win-trading, and is subject to the same punishments as win-trading in order to gain rating.
    #1. You failed to provide a link and instead gave an alleged quote without surrounding context.
    #2. The quote does not define laying down and quitting as "win trading" .... that is your odd definition from your first post which I challenged you on and which induced me to ask you for a link to anything from Blizzard with that same odd definition.

Just FYI, when people just give up from the beginning they are neither winning nor are they trading, they are just losing quickly. "Win trading" means something, and this isn't it.

I was myself removed from the bg with a deserter debuff
    laugh out loud
    Chicken fried rice is delicious!

"Win trading"

A lot of people see Korrak's Revenge as an afk method to level up ridiculously fast. This happens on Alliance side more because:
    a) alliance has way shorter queues (1-3 minutes vs. 30-40mins on horde)
    b) the roof of alliance base works as a safespot from being afk reported

So no, it's not win-trading. People just join the bg as Alliance to passively cap their alts.

Quote Originally Posted by Vudu View Post
    If you're chasing XP in Korrak's (most are), the the worst thing that can happen is a standstill on the bridge that the Horde can't break and the Alliance can't get past. They'd rather get a quick loss (half of win XP) than risk the bg stalling and having to desert.
    I was wondering whether it would be lucrative to join a full premade, maybe coordinate with a group on the other faction to queue at the same time, to create an everlasting BG for the constant XP, but I guess your statement contradicts that.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

15+ Year Old Account
    When calling out their behavior I was myself removed from the bg with a deserter debuff.
    There's problem with your conspiracy theory here. In order to get a deserter debuff you must have been reported by several people on your team AND you must not have entered PvP combat within the last 2 minutes after enough votes were initiated to flag you as inactive. If you got a deserter debuff you only have YOURSELF to blame for not entering in PvP combat within the 2 minutes you were flagged as inactive.

Also, afk'ing in your faction's keep isn't "win-trading" as the Alliance isn't trading their loss for a Horde win with the Horde turning right back around and giving the Alliance a win. Your team was simply full of people who were afk'ing to get quick/easy honor & exp & probably to complete the Chromie quest to get 500 honor from the event. People did this afk'ing thing as far back as vanilla because AV was a huge honor gains per hour. Nothing new here....