Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathanyel View Post
    I was wondering whether it would be lucrative to join a full premade, maybe coordinate with a group on the other faction to queue at the same time, to create an everlasting BG for the constant XP, but I guess your statement contradicts that.
    If anything, it would be better to make a premade to lose ASAP, as the bonus for that is exponentially higher than just sitting there for hours.

Quote Originally Posted by ristaban View Post
    The roof was fixed last week.
    No they didn't. Or are you aware of this and are just trying to prevent Blizz actually fixing that? They probably won't either way. This is an event bg clearly intended to be used for leveling. They don't care

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trend View Post
    #1. You failed to provide a link and instead gave an alleged quote without surrounding context.
    #2. The quote does not define laying down and quitting as "win trading" .... that is your odd definition from your first post which I challenged you on and which induced me to ask you for a link to anything from Blizzard with that same odd definition.

Just FYI, when people just give up from the beginning they are neither winning nor are they trading, they are just losing quickly. "Win trading" means something, and this isn't it.
    I stated the context, the quote is an excerpt from this statement here: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/...4437317#detail

If they join with the intention of losing from the get go, they're not even losing quickly, they're actively sabotaging the battleground by acting as deadweight.
    - - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post
    There's problem with your conspiracy theory here. In order to get a deserter debuff you must have been reported by several people on your team AND you must not have entered PvP combat within the last 2 minutes after enough votes were initiated to flag you as inactive. If you got a deserter debuff you only have YOURSELF to blame for not entering in PvP combat within the 2 minutes you were flagged as inactive.

Also, afk'ing in your faction's keep isn't "win-trading" as the Alliance isn't trading their loss for a Horde win with the Horde turning right back around and giving the Alliance a win. Your team was simply full of people who were afk'ing to get quick/easy honor & exp & probably to complete the Chromie quest to get 500 honor from the event. People did this afk'ing thing as far back as vanilla because AV was a huge honor gains per hour. Nothing new here....
    I was standing guard at iceblood gy for the aggresive team. Stating I was reporting them as I'd already begun and sending them notes for afking did absolutely nothing, I assume they all sent me the same notification, being bored slapping around their target-dummy-toy to inflate their numbers and look active in their stats to the system rather than participate.

afk'ing certainly isn't playing the game nor participating in the battleground, forfeiting is part of handing off victory essentially fixing the match.
    Last edited by Tiwack; 2019-12-11 at 03:02 AM.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiwack View Post
    I stated the context, the quote is an excerpt from this statement here: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/...4437317#detail
    And now you've replied twice without saying a single word to back up your nonsense definition. I will take that as acknowledgement that you've got nothing.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trend View Post
    And now you've replied twice without saying a single word to back up your nonsense definition. I will take that as acknowledgement that you've got nothing.
    Instead of reading a word of the source you asked for, you're free to act obtuse around the definition and what falls into this category that blizz is using and for whatever reason has named it. These players are trading off their shot at winning for some quick xp. It's not more complicated than that. However they're not even losing quickly, they're actively sabotaging the battleground-experience by acting as deadweight and destroying any semblance of balance or fun. If they wanted to be out again quick they could just leave or stay away in the first place.
    Last edited by Tiwack; 2019-12-11 at 03:09 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    I was standing guard at iceblood gy for the aggresive team. Stating I was reporting them as I'd already begun and sending them notes for afking did absolutely nothing, I assume they all sent me the same notification, being bored slapping around their target-dummy-toy to inflate their numbers and look active in their stats to the system rather than participate.

afk'ing certainly isn't playing the game nor participating in the battleground, forfeiting is part of handing off victory essentially fixing the match.
    So YOU were afk'ing at Iceblood GY after your team reported you as afk and YOU chose not to go enter into PvP combat to remove the "idle" debuff that goes on you for 1 minute and then YOU chose to continue to not enter into PvP combat for the other 1 minute the "inactive" debuff gets put on you before the game kicks you out as being a deserter? Sounds like YOU were the problem here not your team mates. Also you do realize that not only can you not slap down a target dummy in battlegrounds (has been a thing since forever) but if you are not engaging in PvP combat the "idle" and "inactive" debuffs aren't removed. Only PvP combat removes them. As in YOU have to attack someone within the 2 minutes the first debuff is slapped on you or heal someone who is engaged in PvP combat within those 2 minutes before the deserter buff gets slapped on you and you're removed. How did you manage to go 2 minutes without engaging in PvP combat if you were at Iceblood GY and the Horde was up north? You can literally make it to SP keep in less than 2 minutes from IBGY and any Horde you met along the way would have removed your "idle" or "inactive" debuff preventing you from being kicked.......................

Anytime I'm on Alliance and losing I remind people in chat that if we turtle and take forever its going to piss off any Horde in there immensely as they are going to have to wait another 45 mins to an hour to get into another match if they leave. Usually gets people motivated to turtle for a few more minutes or hours.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post
    So YOU were afk'ing at Iceblood GY after your team reported you as afk and YOU chose not to go enter into PvP combat to remove the "idle" debuff that goes on you for 1 minute and then YOU chose to continue to not enter into PvP combat for the other 1 minute the "inactive" debuff gets put on you before the game kicks you out as being a deserter? Sounds like YOU were the problem here not your team mates. Also you do realize that not only can you not slap down a target dummy in battlegrounds (has been a thing since forever) but if you are not engaging in PvP combat the "idle" and "inactive" debuffs aren't removed. Only PvP combat removes them. As in YOU have to attack someone within the 2 minutes the first debuff is slapped on you or heal someone who is engaged in PvP combat within those 2 minutes before the deserter buff gets slapped on you and you're removed. How did you manage to go 2 minutes without engaging in PvP combat if you were at Iceblood GY and the Horde was up north? You can literally make it to SP keep in less than 2 minutes from IBGY and any Horde you met along the way would have removed your "idle" or "inactive" debuff preventing you from being kicked.......................
    The couple of horde that approached the GY didn't come in groups and just ignored me and continued down the road.
    There was no idle debuff. With enough reports there's no debuffs at all.
    The following korraks I saw them targetting and beating up the punchable turnip toy which is what I'm refering to.
    Lay off with the conspiracy theories and stop making me out to be the badguy while telling me how your bgs usually go down. All I wanted was for these players to buy the attackers some time instead of hug vanndar.
    Last edited by Tiwack; 2019-12-11 at 03:35 AM.

I'd argue the xp/h is close to the same anyways, they're just ruining the game for those actually trying to win/have fun in AV with pushes and comebacks.
    It's not. You get 3.5% of a level every minute in Korrak's, 50% of a level for a loss, and 100% of a level for a win. That means a loss is equal to ~15 mins, a win is equal to ~29 mins. Since you can still quest during queues, there's no way that 3.5% per min is equal to getting quick wins/losses (which are relatively easy to do as long as you don't backcap graveyards).

10+ Year Old Account
    This is just one of many results of blizz being too slow with balancing factions. Horde is rolling over and more and more people are changing to horde. Make alliance racials matter again and give them finally interesting expansion so we could have bit more balanced population on factions.

P.S giving horde furries is one of those big things that just make the faction balance even worse. Now even worgen mains change to horde.
    Look at the alliance allied races: Emo belfs, another dwarf, drainei with tattoos, fat humans (personally I like em but majority seem not) and robot gnomes (which are actually cool and I'd play as a one if I were alliance).
    Last edited by Ihazpaws; 2019-12-11 at 03:43 AM.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    Anytime I'm on Alliance and losing I remind people in chat that if we turtle and take forever its going to piss off any Horde in there immensely as they are going to have to wait another 45 mins to an hour to get into another match if they leave. Usually gets people motivated to turtle for a few more minutes or hours.
    This has been my experience as well the two times I've won out of 20-30 korraks. I've lost count. Beating back their pushes and recapturing stormpike gy leaves them demoralized to the point of quitting every time even with all our bunkers down.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vudu View Post
    It's not. You get 3.5% of a level every minute in Korrak's, 50% of a level for a loss, and 100% of a level for a win. That means a loss is equal to ~15 mins, a win is equal to ~29 mins. Since you can still quest during queues, there's no way that 3.5% per min is equal to getting quick wins/losses (which are relatively easy to do as long as you don't backcap graveyards).
    The bg doesn't have to drag out much before it's more beneficial to just stay in and hover up the trickle xp/honor/kills. There's still a substantial benefit to winning in comparison to losing too. Joining in the initial zerg rush each team has going on every beginning would be hella more fun and more in line with the spirit of competition than running laps in a random spot on the map.

This has been my experience as well the two times I've won out of 20-30 korraks. I've lost count. Beating back their pushes and recapturing stormpike gy leaves them demoralized to the point of quitting every time even with all our bunkers down.

- - - Updated - - -

The bg doesn't have to drag out much before it's more beneficial to just stay in and hover up the trickle xp/honor/kills. There's still a substantial benefit to winning in comparison to losing too. Joining in the initial zerg rush each team has going on every beginning would be hella more fun and more in line with the spirit of competition than running laps in a random spot on the map.
    No, queue times would have to be around 30-40m for it not to be worth it to get a quick win/loss, which they haven't been anywhere near that for me. And while yes, a win is better than a loss, it's not worth risking a stall to try to get a win. Basically, try to backcap towers, but never, ever force the enemy team to respawn in their main base by backcapping all their offensive GYs.

Quote Originally Posted by Corroc View Post
    They go to vanndar because you cant see them in the map if you are in vanndars room, its a bug for horde atleast. And you cant report through the map if you dont see them in the map.
    It's because Vanndar's keep isn't technically connected with the rest of AV. So when you enter it, the game doesn't know where you are anymore. This is why when you open your map, you get a map of Azeroth... It's also why when Horde die in AV you would spawn right where your corpse is rather than a spirit healer. Because there are no nearby spirit healers inside of the keep while the game considers it to be it's own zone.

Unsure if that horribly broken glitch was fixed or not yet (probably is), but if the general balance of the map's design hasn't always leaned heavily in Horde's favor already, then glitches like this certainly don't help change the defeatist attitude for Alliance in this battleground.
    ( -> | |=====-~
    / ) \ | |
    - " "-| |
    ( -> | |====~
    / ) \ | |
    -" "-| |

I was in a korrak's revenge the other day that was alot of fun. We managed to get Lokhodor summoned. It's been so long since I've seen people actually pvp in AV. For so long it's just been a race to the other end of the map and the two factions would completely avoid eachother.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

15+ Year Old Account
    The couple of horde that approached the GY didn't come in groups and just ignored me and continued down the road.
    There was no idle debuff. With enough reports there's no debuffs at all.
    That's literally not how the report system works in battlegrounds. You get 2 seperate debuffs that notify you that you have been idle/inactive and that you have to engage in PvP combat to remove it. Its not like group finder where your team gets to kick you if they don't like you. Battlegrounds are based on PvP activity not being liked.

Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    So instead of taking whatever benefit you're getting from a quick loss, you forfeit that in order to annoy other players. Having no gain or even a loss only to destroy others' gameplay experience is literally the definition of griefing.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

Quote Originally Posted by Vudu View Post
    If you're chasing XP in Korrak's (most are), the the worst thing that can happen is a standstill on the bridge that the Horde can't break and the Alliance can't get past. They'd rather get a quick loss (half of win XP) than risk the bg stalling and having to desert.
    Ding ding ding.

AGAIN, when you shove players into PVP that aren't really interested in PVP, the end result is never good for those that actually want to PVP.

There's no faster way to level past 100, nothing even comes close (and TBH it might be fastest from 80+ or even 70+, gonna try that on my next alt....). I've leveled 3 alts thru there and I absolutely hate PVP, but I've come to terms with playing this BG for the most part. Sometimes I do still leave a toon AFK while I make dinner or something, I mean it's half a damn level even if I get booted before the afk kick.

Also the dailies are SO lucrative in terms of XP, it's insane not to try to do them.

Instead of reading a word of the source you asked for, you're free to act obtuse around the definition and what falls into this category that blizz is using and for whatever reason has named it. These players are trading off their shot at winning for some quick xp. It's not more complicated than that. However they're not even losing quickly, they're actively sabotaging the battleground-experience by acting as deadweight and destroying any semblance of balance or fun. If they wanted to be out again quick they could just leave or stay away in the first place.
    It is still not "win trading". That term means something. This is not it. Why you chose to use an incorrect term that is obviously incorrect is beyond me. Why don't you call it "heresy" or "insider trading" or "larceny" or "murder" if you are just fishing for a bad label to attach to an activity you do not like?

I am not saying the behavior is fine, it's just not "win trading". I am sorry that you cannot understand that.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathanyel View Post
    So instead of taking whatever benefit you're getting from a quick loss, you forfeit that in order to annoy other players. Having no gain or even a loss only to destroy others' gameplay experience is literally the definition of griefing.
    Letting the other team win isn't playing.