Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    All dark humor comes at a cost. I still like making fun of bush
    A bullshit statement if there ever was one. The humor itself doesn't come at any cost and does nothing to undermine the stupidity of your initial statement.
    “Logic: The art of thinking and reasoning in strict accordance with the limitations and incapacities of the human misunderstanding.”
    "Conservative, n: A statesman who is enamored of existing evils, as distinguished from the Liberal who wishes to replace them with others."
    Ambrose Bierce
    The Bird of Hermes Is My Name, Eating My Wings To Make Me Tame.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shimerra View Post
    A bullshit statement if there ever was one. The humor itself doesn't come at any cost and does nothing to undermine the stupidity of your initial statement.
    Youre so right. Nobody has ever seen the humor in a tragedy before

Specifically this thread
    They stay away from facts. They argue semantics, and move goalposts then disappear after they get smacked down again.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    They stay away from facts. They argue semantics, and move goalposts then disappear after they get smacked down again.
    Yeah but i was bored at work and wanted to see some action

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    They don't just move goalposts. They're treating the goalposts like it's a caber toss at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormspark View Post
    They don't just move goalposts. They're treating the goalposts like it's a caber toss at this point.
    Yeah, but they don't use the normal Scots to toss them, they use futuristic robots that toss them to the moon.

Hes brave. I dont see theo, connal, ghostpanther, daciaen(sp) or zenkai anywhere
    They haven't gotten their talking points in order yet. But really who the fuck actually cares about what they have to say? It's usually excrement covered drivel, mostly used to try to derail threads. They have no defense and only care about owning the libs.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Xyonai View Post
    I believe the Bribery and Extortion charges are being rolled into the Abuse of Power charge, just to make things more concise. And he -is- being nailed for Obstruction, but I'm sure you knew that anyway and were just looking for a good spin.

As for the rest? We'll just have to wait and see, though this 'Impeachment will only hurt the Dems!!!' concern trolling narrative has been debunked weeks ago so idk why ya'll are still trying to push it.
    Like the president he has trouble reading, comprehending what he just read, or both. It's clearly in the abuse of powers article. But, as he is a GOP supporter, if isn't specifically spelled out for them they can't comprehend the nuance.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefhammer View Post
    They haven't gotten their talking points in order yet. But really who the fuck actually cares about what they have to say? It's usually excrement covered drivel, mostly used to try to derail threads. They have no defense and only care about owning the libs.

- - - Updated - - -

Like the president he has trouble reading, comprehending what he just read, or both. It's clearly in the abuse of powers article. But, as he is a GOP supporter, if isn't specifically spelled out for them they can't comprehend the nuance.
    Mainly i see it as there isnt anything to argue against since the articles are finished, but would like to see them try

Quote Originally Posted by Bdatik View Post
    Theo and Connal are in another thread and Dacian made his usual post out of now where about nothing then disappear trick.

They're around.
    Has Dacian made his apology post about how he was wrong and sees how he was wrong and vows to make changes yet? He seems to do that from time to time only to go back to talking points, baseless claims and general shitposting almost immediately.

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Holy. Shit.

Wyrt, have you seen this suggested before? Because that would be THE solution to the whole primaried issue GOP candidates have with dumping Trump. If they waited until post-primary is over, they could vote to impeach knowing it wouldn't bite them in the ass until 2026. Same with any Senator who is up in 2024 - four years is a LONG time (as we all know, /sadface-for-this-country-under-Trump's-rein). If McConnell "whips" the senators into groups, everyone coming up in 2022 could vote against impeachment, and the 2024's and 2026's could vote to impeach. Trump's gone and the comebacks won't be seen for years.
    Not so sure that would work, while it would get them past being primaried, it would have the effect of having them effectively run off that portion of their base and losing mountains to the Democrats just before the next redistricting which they would quite literally beg Russia for help and literally burn portions of this nation to the ground than risking losing that.

The ONLY way they will vote again him is if they do it with almost everyone going against or through the silent stuff and even they run off their base. But Trump being there motivates everyone that isn't a soft skulled uneducated rube to come out and vote against them.

I honestly can't help but wonder if they are banking or even they themselves directly working on cheating to keep power given their history thus far.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    Let's get the record straight.

The 'bribery charge' that some people are looking is right there in the first article. The QPQ, withholding of aid, all of that is listed in the first article.

The second article expands on the first,. The charge is that he abused powers of the office to prevent Congress from investigating A.

What they have done is challenge the legal authority and behavior of a President in an attempt to make the Senate think long and hard about the behavior it may or may not excuse. They want every 'innocent' vote in the Senate on record saying condone which has been eloquently laid out. Every 'guilty' vote is in the spirit of the Constitution, keeping checks and balances in power where they need be. More importantly legally defining a code of conduct expect from the President but was always kind of taken for granted.

Its much easier to vote 'not guiltyy' on a singular incident' rather than the patterns of behavior described in the articles.

Edit: kind of flipped the charges. The first one is abuse of power, the second one is obstruction.
    That seems more in line with extortion than bribery as they weren't talking about giving bonuses if they did it, they were talking about withholding what was already promised unless they did.

Not bribery but not any better and honestly seems worse.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post
    That seems more in line with extortion than bribery as they weren't talking about giving bonuses if they did it, they were talking about withholding what was already promised unless they did.

Not bribery but not any better and honestly seems worse.
    I'm pretty sure the only difference between bribery and extortion is extortion involves a threat.

U.S. Code § 201. Bribery of public officials and witnesses

"(2) being a public official or person selected to be a public official, directly or indirectly, corruptly demands, seeks, receives, accepts, or agrees to receive or accept anything of value personally or for any other person or entity, in return for:
    (A) being influenced in the performance of any official act;
    (B) being influenced to commit or aid in committing, or to collude in, or allow, any fraud, or make opportunity for the commission of any fraud, on the United States; or"

https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/201

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    I'm pretty sure the only difference between bribery and extortion is extortion involves a threat.
    Maybe, my take on it is,

Bribery: Do this and we will give you this as a reward.
    Extortion: Do this or we will take away what is already owed you.

The definition of extortion is obtaining something through force or threats.

Basically, its the difference between offering them the carrot or the stick.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hey, we haven't talked about Giuliani vs Bus recently.

Giuliani says Trump asked him to brief Justice Department, GOP senators on Ukraine trip

Rudy Giuliani told the Washington Post Tuesday that President Trump has asked him to brief the Justice Department and Republican senators on his recent trip to Ukraine, where he sought to gather information that he believes could undermine the case for impeachment.

Trump has claimed that he never directed Giuliani to dig up dirt on his political rivals in Ukraine, but told reporters last week Giuliani has "a lot of good information" and was going to "make a report" to present to Congress and Attorney General Bill Barr. Giuliani said he hopes to have the report done by the end of the week.

It's far from evident that either the Justice Department or Republican senators want to hear from Giuliani, whose shadow campaign to pressure Ukraine to investigate the Bidens and the 2016 election has landed Trump days away from becoming the third impeached president in U.S. history.
    Now, of course, Giuliani is saying he's doing this on Trump's behalf. This will make it harder to disentangle him later.

Also, since Giuliani would never be called before the Senate and refused to testify before the House, his comments are pointless. Statements made not under oath are just hot wind.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Hey, we haven't talked about Giuliani vs Bus recently.

Giuliani says Trump asked him to brief Justice Department, GOP senators on Ukraine trip

Now, of course, Giuliani is saying he's doing this on Trump's behalf. This will make it harder to disentangle him later.

Also, since Giuliani would never be called before the Senate and refused to testify before the House, his comments are pointless. Statements made not under oath are just hot wind.
    I think the most he could do would be to turn over that information to an official US agency at let them actually investigate it which will probably turn up even less than the IG just did.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think the most he could do would be to turn over that information to an official US agency at let them actually investigate it which will probably turn up even less than the IG just did.
    Speaking of which, Barr did an interview and basically said "Everything in the Horowitz report is wrong because I choose to believe it's wrong".

He expects better answers from the person he hand-picked to get better answers, who will likely agree that Fake News spying wire tapp witch hunt But Her Emails.

As a reminder: the IG"s job is to handle things like this, because political appointees aren't supposed to do this. And none of this changes what we know to be true, Trump intentionally worked with the Russians and he got caught doing so.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Speaking of which, Barr did an interview and basically said "Everything in the Horowitz report is wrong because I choose to believe it's wrong".

He expects better answers from the person he hand-picked to get better answers, who will likely agree that Fake News spying wire tapp witch hunt But Her Emails.

As a reminder: the IG"s job is to handle things like this, because political appointees aren't supposed to do this. And none of this changes what we know to be true, Trump intentionally worked with the Russians and he got caught doing so.
    Of course he would..... Welcome to the Republican party were the facts are made up and the truth don't matter. I swear, we should have Drew Cary start introducing them at some point in the future.

Off topic some but...

Fun fact, that channel I asked you to join a while back, been debating with one of our Congressman's daughter on it for a while, backed her into a corner multiple times on multiple things and she never is willing to admit when she is wrong, she will either try and change the subject, nitpick or stop responding entirely rather than admit when she is wrong.

She actually tried to respond to a post I made about the IG and Barr, backed her into a corner on that, so she pivoted to the impeachment stuff and I proved her wrong and backed her into a corner about that, so she went to Obama and Fast and Furious. Then today, she tried to repeat the lie I debunked yesterday and I called her out on it, she now has me blocked. She evidently puts a huge emphasis on her political ideology as part of her identity. When I insulted the a party, she actually takes it personally.

Theo and Connal are in another thread and Dacian made his usual post out of now where about nothing then disappear trick.

They're around.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 07:46 PM. Reason: infracted for trolling
    This wasn't trolling you embarrassment; this was 100% factual. How you're still a moderator is a testament to how shitty this forum is run.

This wasn't trolling you embarrassment; this was 100% factual. How you're still a moderator is a testament to how shitty this forum is run.
    Global mods to report to:

Tziva ■ Radux ■ Simca ■ Elysia ■ Zaelsino ■ xskarma ■ Arlee ■ Venara

Also putting this out there for all others who needs to report moderators to global mods.

Global mods to report Thwarts trolling to:

Tziva ■ Radux ■ Simca ■ Elysia ■ Zaelsino ■ xskarma ■ Arlee ■ Venara

Also putting this out there for all others who needs to report moderators trolling to global mods.
    I've spoken to them previously and they don't care. They're just as bad as he is.