Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bufferunderrun View Post
    sorry mister blizzard apologist but asking for customization and getting some extra skin tone and few tattoo, that by the way are all pre determined by blizzard so you can't even chose to put a tattoo on a single shoulder won't satisfy me.
    Apologist? Fanboi? Clearly think everyone that dares question or challenge is you must be, some people see you and people like you for who you really are. But its you are the one throwing your money at them... not me... They haven't gotten a nickel from me for more than two years... If its so fucking easy as you want to claim then why haven't YOU written it up and sent it to them? I'm not a supporter of Blizzard, I'm an opponent of everyone thinking they can do it better but not having the balls to actually even try.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    Apologist? Fanboi? Clearly think everyone that dares question or challenge is you must be, some people see you and people like you for who you really are. But its you are the one throwing your money at them... not me... They haven't gotten a nickel from me for more than two years... If its so fucking easy as you want to claim then why haven't YOU written it up and sent it to them? I'm not a supporter of Blizzard, I'm an opponent of everyone thinking they can do it better but not having the balls to actually even try.
    so i'm not allowed to discuss aspect of the game i don't like? Is that a all or nothing case? In any part of my post i'm claiming i can be a better dev than them? NO so whats up with that attitude?

I'm simply discussing some aspect of the game in the case customization, peoples say it's a tech limitation sure but more specifically blizzard don't want to spend the resources needed to overcome that limitation; over the years they implemented systems and features that we though were impossible to implement due to tech limitation, wow has per blizzard say is based on a totally in house software.

I think that many thing we don't have right now are only partially about tech limits but more about specific choice of blizzard, especially in the graphic dept were they don't want to upset veteran players and also want the game to run on fucking pentium 2.
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

Quote Originally Posted by bufferunderrun View Post
    Over the years blizzard always failed to implement any sort of customization in the game the few thing they introduced (like trasmog) are also heavily controlled by them:
    -The garrison it was a prototype housing but it went really bad, first it was mandatory and a gold print machine, but it was also completely controlled by blizzard, the location, the architecture, the plots numbers and size you had only the chance to customize few small detail and nothing more and last being heavy tied to wod it was abandoned the moment that xpack ended.
    -trasmog, blizzard put some heavy limitation in it and only after some time and lot rant on the forums they relaxed some of them, still it's heavy limited like heaven and earth compared to other game "dressing room/tab"
    -mounts, those have absolutely 0 customization you are stuck to blizzard model, like it or not, no color change, no cosmetic armor, nothing.
    -pets (hunter pets etc), almost same as mounts, if you are an hunter blizzard decide what you can tame and what not plus 0 customization for them, warlock and dk are stuck with the few model blizzard graced them through glyph.

In the end blizzard is always too much restrictive and come out as controlling freak over customization, those are lost chances to implement more collectible in the game and we all know how much peoples love to collect things in wow since vanilla and many keep playing just for it.

What do you think is the reason behind them being so smug about letting the player customize thing around and will that attitude of them ever change?
    Two words: outdated engine, that suffers from slowdowns too much, when detail level increases.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.