Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Introduce yourself!

Disclaimer and caveat: It should be obvious, but I don't intend for this to be a deep dive into your person information. Please do not over share, I'm not looking to get anyone doxed or harassed. If you prefer to go through the day as Imamurloc, posting from "your underwear drawer" then go with that.

With that said ... who are you people? Over the years many of us have posted snippets of information in various threads but it is scattered. I find it is often helpful to know where someone is coming from when I read through a thread or when I'm replying.

"Bungee, who the hell are you? Lead off." Just click on bungeebungee for my bio. Aside from that, I'm a few months short of turning 60, have three quasi-adoptive daughters (gan nv'er) that I dote on, and I'm still recovering from a particularly unpleasant infection last year. I suppose cross culture communication should be added as an interest since I tend to go on about it. I adore cats, but I just had to give mine up for adoption because the odds of the trade war slopping over onto me as an expat are growing and I want her to have a safe future.
    With COVID-19 making its impact on our lives, I have decided that I shall hang in there for my remaining days, skip some meals, try to get children to experiment with making henna patterns on their skin, and plant some trees. You know -- live, fast, dye young, and leave a pretty copse. I feel like I may not have that quite right.

Quote Originally Posted by bungeebungee View Post
    With that said ... who are you people? Over the years many of us have posted snippets of information in various threads but it is scattered. I find it is often helpful to know where someone is coming from when I read through a thread or when I'm replying.
    Former muslim, born in Narathiwat in southern Thailand, I'm Malay and not Thai. I've moved a lot in my life:

Narathiwat -> Sweden
    Sweden -> Narathiwat
    Narathiwat -> Singapore
    Singapore -> Jakarta
    Jakarta -> Narathiwat
    Narathiwat -> Patong

Left Sweden after living there for 7 years due to the immense amount of racism and the denial that racism even exists.

Currently working as a nurse at the hospital. I have a daughter that's 6 months old now with a farang.
    Last edited by Heran; 2019-12-10 at 02:55 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Most of mine is in my bio too, but probably a bit dated, I work in security, and have done odd jobs before that in trades, from running a tow truck, driving a Truck after I got my CDL, to doing customer service and eventually cable installing. I grew up poor as fuck and a screw up. Now I have moved up, I am not rich, but not poor and can do what I want, which surprisingly isn't very much.

I am 40ish, ready to retire in a year and met the woman I love and I'm to marry, looking to move to Alaska shortly, aside from that, I am really learning to not give a fuck about the rest of the world as much as I used to and moving out of the way of the rest of the world. Focusing on a more boring wholesome life.

I love boring stuff the most and learning odd things.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

I am 31 years old, born in Biên Hòa, studied briefly in Australia and have lived most of my adult life after that in HCMC. Got pregnant and got married to the man to avoid ostracization shortly after noticing I was pregnant, we divorced after some years because he got abusive, he spend a lot of the money we had on drinking and other things we didn't need, that only he wanted.

Worked as secretary, tour guide, in massage parlor, waitress and cook in restaurants.

Currently studying to become a teacher. Will go to China to do deep dive in it later.

I'm Stelio Fucking Kontos.

7+ Year Old Account

A master stuck in bronze. I know most of us feel like that. Moved around alot, still moving around. Life Motto: Live Spontaneously!

10+ Year Old Account
    Born and bred in Bulgaria. American University in Bulgaria graduate (BA in BUS and ECO). Worked 3 Summers in the States (Alaska and Virginia) on work and travel programs. Used to be a gamer but in the past 10 years I basically play only Blizzard games, mostly WoW obviously, sooo I guess I'm not a true gamer in that sense.. :-D. A running junkie for the past 8 years - successfully finished 18 ultramarathons (the longest of which 100 miles). High fat, low carb for the past 6+ years. A 100% carnivore for the last, let's see - 69 days.. :-D That's about it.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hi. I am Ghostpanther. ( all you need to know ) A old fart who enjoys visiting this forum for fun and interesting reads. Who lives in his own little piece of paradise on earth. I feel very blessed to live where I do and to be in good health. Looking back to how I lived growing up and compared to now, gives me a great feeling of achievement. I worked hard, made sacrifices. None of what I have achieved now was given to me.

One day, when I get too old to take care of our place, we will have to sell and move if I am still alive that is. Will be a sad day, yet I will be able to finish out my last days with some great memories.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

10+ Year Old Account
    my name is bread and your all going down.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    my name is bread and your all going down.
    But bread is not funny. It is to be respected as a good food source.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

10+ Year Old Account
    thats it mister now your asking for it.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hey, I'm Trassk, a 38 year old cynic and sceptic who felt his views of the world change over the years to the point of holding no social, political or religious affiliation with anyone since I feel it's all the same garbage just different bad smells.

I also love cooking, learning new recipes, and learned from working in retail that general public at large is just awful, but also learned working as a cook for a summer event that people can surprise you.

I also have a thing of big naked powerful men which is why I play tauren, orcs, draenei and kul Tiran with little armour on. No shame.
    Last edited by Trassk; 2019-12-12 at 02:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Heran View Post
    Former muslim, born in Narathiwat in southern Thailand, I'm Malay and not Thai. I've moved a lot in my life:

Narathiwat -> Sweden
    Sweden -> Narathiwat
    Narathiwat -> Singapore
    Singapore -> Jakarta
    Jakarta -> Narathiwat
    Narathiwat -> Patong

Left Sweden after living there for 7 years due to the immense amount of racism and the denial that racism even exists.

Currently working as a nurse at the hospital. I have a daughter that's 6 months old now with a farang.
    Hello fellow Malaysian!

29 years old, working as interior designer, mainly in Kuala Lumpur and Singapore. Used to live in Norway, born in Isan.

Quote Originally Posted by Heran View Post

There really isn't much racism, not against us in the nordic countries at least. I used to live in Norway, I've spent a considerable amount of time in Sweden and very few are hostile against us. You're not arab or african or east european, so racism is basically a non-issue, unlike them we don't have the stereotype we're criminals, we're seen as hard working.
    Last edited by Phon; 2019-12-12 at 12:25 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    34 years old. Born and raised in Georgia, unfortunately. I'm a welder and have been for 13 years. I repair tank cars (train cars). I live alone. Not really into the usual redneck stuff so I tend to stay home and play video games. I try to get into "normal" things but I often feel like the stick in the mud. I don't drink and I don't get stupid, so that kind of downs the mood.

I'm a left leaning Democrat, an Atheist and the faces people make when I tell them that never gets old. I'm surrounded by right leaning Republicans and bible thumpers. Can't really talk to them about religion or politics because they'll either get mad or start quoting things that I won't touch on here. I know I have a habit of talking down to people on here that I disagree with, and I'm trying to work on that, but I try to avoid that in person.

I have spastic diplegia which caused me to walk on my tip toes for most of my life. I still have a gait disorder but it's less severe now that my tendons have stretched. I have (undiagnosed) social anxiety that I think was caused by my abusive step-father.

10+ Year Old Account
    I recently turned 29, I'm an anxiety machine, I drink too much coffee, cake is life, I like books and video games and bunnies and kitties.
    S (moderator)
    P (WoW Gen, Pets/Mog/Ach, Fun/Chat Zone)
    L (guidelines*)
    E (WoW gen rules*)
    N (my art*)
    D (Pikachu BEST Pokemon)
    A (Sensational™)

Stood in the Fire Texan Penguin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm 27, born in Indiana and spent most of my childhood there, but I'm living in a small town in East Texas with my mom and stepdad. I work at Walmart as the resident water guy.

I am a mega nerd- an anime/manga fan, a lifelong gamer and an aspiring writer. I love books, specifically sci-fi. I like tea (both kinds) and coffee and really good storms. I'm also a casual sports fan- I mostly enjoy baseball (Astros) and basketball (Mavericks) with some football in there too (Texans fan by market, Bears fan by choice.)

As far as my future goes, I don't know what the hell I want to do. I went to a shit-tier community college where its only redeeming quality (and recipient of funding) is the health careers department, and I'm stuck with a crap journalism degree, a field I have zero interest in anymore. I thought about electrical or mechanical engineering, but also considered biology or chemistry as possibilities. I also want to go some place with a good bus system since I never got a driver's license.

Like Splenda, I am also an anxiety machine. I'm autistic, diagnosed as a child, and I probably have ADHD out the wazoo.
    Last edited by Texan Penguin; 2019-12-14 at 11:29 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    'Murican.

.NET developer for a large health care company (don't bitch at me about bad insurance policies etc, I just write code.) 2T2X1 Air Force Reservist, loaded aircraft for military missions, deployed to Kuwait 2016. Worked at a call center for a credit card company for a year, before that was a ramp agent for JetBlue/United Airlines at Maine's largest airport.
    Putin khuliyo

37, 38 next month.

Greek, living in Seattle, but serious considering moving. The Seattle area has lost a lot of its charm lately.

I work as a writer, and dabble in real estate as well. I've been writing in some capacity since 2001. Journalist, copy-writer, etc. Also worked as a furniture mover and bouncer in the past.