Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    My brother is actually interested in trying the game. If i make an account for him, recruit it and pay for 12 months on that one account. How does this work ? will i get the rewards 1 every month or all 6 months at once if i pre-pay for a 6 month sub ?
    They trickle in at one per month per account recruited.

So you can recruit one person for a year and get them all over 12 months or 12 people for a month to get them all right away. Thats the point of this strategy. Not only does it save money if this is your plan but also gets you everything almost from day one.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyi View Post
    They trickle in at one per month per account recruited.

So you can recruit one person for a year and get them all over 12 months or 12 people for a month to get them all right away. Thats the point of this strategy. Not only does it save money if this is your plan but also gets you everything almost from day one.
    I see, thanks.
    Plan was really to to just get my brother into the game and also get a little bonus on the side for myself. So i really don't need anything else than 1 account. And it does seem like a lot of work getting 12 up and and running. But saving money is also something i enjoy from time to time

I didn't read everything properly, got it all sorted now.

aviger - your a legend!
    Last edited by Rambaldi; 2019-12-09 at 11:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyTheCherriesLover View Post
    I can't say if you're trolling or are you just pigshit stupid, I assume it's the latter.
    I can tell you're an asshole, that's for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Rambaldi View Post
    Thought i'd post a warning to others - I have 12 invoices for $11.99 (NZ currency), all 12 months of RAF rewards unlocked and now I have had a look on my credit card bill.
    1 payment of $11.99 and 11 payments of $23.99 (full price).
    Before anyone asks yes each account was brand new, and I used the new player link each time, that's why I have 12 invoices for $11.99.
    From the front page:

"Please note that when you subscribe, the full amount of money will be put on hold on your card. Do not worry, as that is normal. After the transaction goes through, the amount of money shown on the transaction will be updated, and you will be charged for the discounted amount."

Is the 50% off thing, gone? I no longer see that on the subscribe page.

I guess it's still there but I don't know how to get it to work with step 1. I did 2 clicks on my recruitment link from my main, each time did New Account, I see them there but when I click Add Sub it's full price.
    Last edited by Zyrinx; 2019-12-10 at 12:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyrinx View Post
    Is the 50% off thing, gone? I no longer see that on the subscribe page.

I guess it's still there but I don't know how to get it to work with step 1. I did 2 clicks on my recruitment link from my main, each time did New Account, I see them there but when I click Add Sub it's full price.
    copy the link from the instructions and paste it to get the half off : https://shop.battle.net/en-us/produc...r-subscription

I dont know if this was answered already, but this has to be done using a credit card right? You cant just use your BattleNet Balance?

2nd question, if I just do 1 account & wait the full year for the rewards, can I do the first month via credit card & the next 11 months with WoW Tokens?

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Gurg View Post
    correct, but you also get 4 FREE months on your main account after passing 2, 5, 8 and 11 months in RAF ladder.
    So its $105 - $60 (4 free months) = $45 for whole process.

Technically you can do that. You can fork out ~$180 to get all rewards by recruiting only one ALT account trough RAF.
    $180 - $60 (4 free months) = $120.
    So, total process of "less hustle" is $120 while following this guide its $45 since its taking advantage of "new accounts" sub offer for %50 fee ($7.5)
    Yeah, I forgot about the months of time, but that's still pretty dang pricey in my opinion.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Yvaelle! You are still alive and on MMO-Champion! Im glad.
    I miss our times in the League of Legends sub forum.

That sub forum has been dead for ages missed you
    Awe <3

I still play League, and WoW.

Yvaelle in League in NA too if you're here?
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

€91 for a pretend camel.

What a world.

Quote Originally Posted by aviger View Post
    copy the link from the instructions and paste it to get the half off : https://shop.battle.net/en-us/produc...r-subscription
    Figured it out - the 1st two accounts recruited from the main one aren't 1/2 off, but the rest are.

Has anyone confirmed first method working? Just curious because i want to do it but it's a little confusing to me how you recruit 8/12 accounts from WoW 2/3 (which isn't your main account) and your main account gets the rewards? How does that work? If anyone can explain it to me that would be great

How to bloat the dollar signs for Blizzard's quarter show: 101

Brought to you by, MMOC. Thank you for your service, gentlemen. *tips my blizzard fedora*

Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    How to bloat the dollar signs for Blizzard's quarter show: 101

Brought to you by, MMOC. Thank you for your service, gentlemen. *tips my blizzard fedora*
    "Boo fuckin hoo, the caterwauling" - brought to you by resento-bots everywhere.
    @thwart <- don't click this and learn his shame
    Newsflash: 2016 Thwart would hate 2019 Thwart! Definitely don't click this either!

We see you.

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I am absolutely a jerk, a complete cunt. But I encourage you to rise above.

Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    Yeah, I forgot about the months of time, but that's still pretty dang pricey in my opinion.
    Completely agree. My OCD kicked in and i wanted to have that backpack. Just backpack. Not interested much in rest of the rewards.
    Slept on it and decided that 1 cosmetic item is not worth 40euros. Thats even shadowing EA's surprise boxes.

Quote Originally Posted by Azmoden View Post
    This has got to be the most blatant shilling for Bli$$ard I have ever seen on this crap site, and I've seen a lot of it...
    Its not Blizzard. Its not for quite some time. Its Activision. Which on its own doesnt have any ongoing gaming IP that brings revenue in.
    So they are pressuring blizzard to do so for them. Which results in something like this.
    This was nicely planned campaign. Launch new RAF with UNIQUE reward - a backpack, first in 15y history. And lock it behind a paywall.
    But do a black friday sale to make it more accessible.
    That also inflate's WoW numbers for Q4 2019.

The fact that blizz didnt do anything about this method nor they had any official statements on this kinda backs that this might be their planned campaign.

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    Well the first backpack tmog they add which is very unique is purchasable only to me that is a travesty.
    True, that was my point also. Its annoying to have FIRST ever backpack locked behind RAF system and, at best, cost of 40e(45USD)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyanmaru View Post
    It's not nerfed unless it's live.

the fact that blizzard charges money for things is absurd. i dont understand how the people who work at blizzard havnt been jailed yet because what they are doing is beyond illegal. if you want to make a video game, thats FINE. but the instant you charge money for it then youre literally HITLER, how is this so hard to understand?

Quote Originally Posted by Gurg View Post
    True, that was my point also. Its annoying to have FIRST ever backpack locked behind RAF system and, at best, cost of 40e(45USD)
    Yep, and I know Wrathion gives you one in 8.3 but still, seems pretty bs.
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/@Nateanderthal

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by apples View Post
    the fact that blizzard charges money for things is absurd. i dont understand how the people who work at blizzard havnt been jailed yet because what they are doing is beyond illegal. if you want to make a video game, thats FINE. but the instant you charge money for it then youre literally HITLER, how is this so hard to understand?
    They are running a successful business model and there is nothing "beyond illegal" about it. The only way they could get in trouble is if they sold you the software without disclosing that there are additional subscription costs.

Hitler "literally" was responsible for the death of millions of human beings. Blizzard makes video games that have a monthly subscription, plus they offer the option to purchase additional content for cash or in game gold. Thanks for pointing out how similarly evil they both are. I "literally" missed it.
    “I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: ‘O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.’ And God granted it.” -- Voltaire

"He who awaits much can expect little" -- Gabriel Garcia Marquez

We know WoW largely runs off FOMO now with their collection system. It's kind of sad from a game play perspective, but if people buy it, I see no reason for them to stray away from it.