Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanguinerd View Post
    Going for the late vanilla patch for Classic was a mistake to begin with, this is just further proof of that. What a waste.
    They wanted a stable platform to launch on. I don't blame them. If they didn't decide to launch on 1.12 so that the revived code would not have to go through all of the changes required through the patches, it probably wouldn't have happened at all.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Can't say I didn't tell you so... Told y'all dunno wtf you ask for...

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    Those are all interesting points but if you bothered to comprehend my post instead of flying into a rage, I was asking for a source on that version of AV being the worst. As I have said, I like that version of AV. I think it is better than a lot of other versions.

Believe it or not 1.12 was during vanilla so that version of AV is a vanilla AV. I guess you actually had to play vanilla to understand this. So I infact want to play vanilla AV and my motivation for playing Classic is not restricted to a tiny part of the game.
    That Version of AV isnt the version people think of when they think of vanilla AV, it's not what they expect.

And tbh if that AV is the kind of quality of content you want in a game im glad your playing classic not retail where Feedback can lead to changes.

Did not expect this. I've lately farmed some AV in BFA to finish up the rep (both regular and korrak) and well it was fun, was expecting it to be similar to korrak's. Instead the AV in classic is just depressing and just another boring mob grind. People avoiding each other, no capping towers, no capping gy's, not even aiming to kill the boss, just kill commanders and that's it, 2-3k honor.

To add to that, the other bg probably can't compete with it in terms of honor gain, so hardly anyone will do anything else.

Stood in the Fire Zendhal The Black's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    You think you do, but you don't...

You wanted NoChanges Vanilla AV from 1.12 patch (that private servers all run on) and you got it

Now you don't want it so you want the other AV...

what's next? You'll want beta Karazhan or alpha troll models?

Gets 1.12 AV as pre-announced.
    Surprised Pikachu.

Came here to look for this thread

Was not disappointed. I didn't even see one Alliance player in 3 AVs so far, which all finished in under 6 minutes. Booooooooring.

Quote Originally Posted by AmaterasuNyan View Post
    They're called zoomers for a reason . In all seriousness though, i'm not sure what people expected from 15 year old content that's easier then Korrak's revenge on retail. Did you really expect people in 2019+1 to waste hours in one bg on a game that'll never progress past Naxx?
    thats pretty much what they were expecting indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by StayTuned View Post
    I didn't even see one Alliance player in 3 AVs so far, which all finished in under 6 minutes. Booooooooring.
    Such a big sample size...

Quote Originally Posted by Eugenik View Post
    Such a big sample size...
    If the first 3 out of 3 AVs are like this, and we have a thread here complaining about exactly the same thing I experienced in those first 3 AVs... I think the sample size is big enough.

Now I am 5 AVs in and it remains the same. I have 8 honor kills.

On the bright side of things - this is faster than a WS premade win, I suppose. Rank 14 solo queue inc?

Quote Originally Posted by Factsbeforefeelings View Post
    Releasing 1.5 or 1.6 AV would have made virtually no difference in the length of the matches. 15-30% more powerful NPC's wouldn't do shit. The mines don't do shit, the extra NPC's that snare themselves on Frost armor and everyone rides by, don't do SHIT.

People are stupid, the 1.5 AV on BfA has NPC's that are supertuned to one or two shot everyone and it's still cleared in 15 mins.
    Yes it actually would have, because you can't just run through the field of Strife because Korrak is there. The sides were littered with elite npcs that you had to fight if you wanted to Avoid Korrak. Furthermore, the archers at the alliance bridge do even more damage before the nerf, and the Horde base is filled with land mines that can potentially one shot people and need to be disarmed by rogues.

If you don't remember this, you didn't play AV in its prime.

and to people stating that we wanted 1.12 AV...No, a lot of people didn't. When it was announced that Blizzard planned to go with the 1.12 version there were countless threads, reddit posts, and tweets asking them to use an earlier version. But they decided not to.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaelthon
    do i wanting my cat come the expansion due to signifying a reroll fresh scratch the night elf mage?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Monster Hunter View Post
    By 1.12 AV had changed alot from the days of the weekend AV's

I said this multiple times to people saying they were looking forward to vanilla AV.

1.12 AV isn't the vanilla AV of legend. It was allready ruined by then.
    You can experience proper vanilla AV in retail, while it lasts.

Quote Originally Posted by vsb View Post
    You can experience proper vanilla AV in retail, while it lasts.
    I know. I've given it a go a few times.

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    I get it. If players aren't playing the game the way you want them to play then it's Blizzards fault. "Why did blizzard think this was OK?" I hear you screech. Stop being so entitled.
    You know, I bet you're also the kind of person in retail who enters Korraks revenge just to spam "Let them win! its quicker exp!"
    Desktop: Zotac 1080 TI, I7 7700k, 16gb Ram, 256gb SSD + 1TB HDD
    Laptop: Zotac 2070 MaxQ, I7 8750, 32gb RAM, 500gb SSD + 2TB SSD
    Main Game: Warcraft Classic

Haters gonna hate

Quote Originally Posted by StayTuned View Post
    If the first 3 out of 3 AVs are like this, and we have a thread here complaining about exactly the same thing I experienced in those first 3 AVs... I think the sample size is big enough.

Now I am 5 AVs in and it remains the same. I have 8 honor kills.

On the bright side of things - this is faster than a WS premade win, I suppose. Rank 14 solo queue inc?
    Ive done about a dozen. 3 were forced turtles. Around 100hks total.

Quote Originally Posted by wushootaki View Post
    Yes it actually would have
    Source: bIg BraIn.

It wouldn't have made a difference, Korrak can be avoided like every other NPC. Stop this bullshitting, it's annoying.

Nothing in Vanilla was ever difficult, people sucked at the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Zendhal The Black View Post
    You think you do, but you don't...

You wanted NoChanges Vanilla AV from 1.12 patch (that private servers all run on) and you got it
    Almost zero private servers ran 1.12 version of AV.
    R5 5600X | Thermalright Silver Arrow IB-E Extreme | MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk | 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600/CL16 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X | Corsair RM650x | Cooler Master HAF X | Logitech G400s | DREVO Excalibur 84 | Kingston HyperX Cloud II | BenQ XL2411T + LG 24MK430H-B

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    People who think AV was going to be played the same way 15 years ago when everybody was retarded are actually retarded.

"You think you do, but you don't".

A statement not so false as people claimed.

Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    People who think AV was going to be played the same way 15 years ago when everybody was retarded are actually retarded.
    It would be played exactly the same if AV was the same, but it's not.
    R5 5600X | Thermalright Silver Arrow IB-E Extreme | MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk | 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600/CL16 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X | Corsair RM650x | Cooler Master HAF X | Logitech G400s | DREVO Excalibur 84 | Kingston HyperX Cloud II | BenQ XL2411T + LG 24MK430H-B