Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    Sounds good perhaps they should not dope their athletes so much.
    Or just let everyone dope as much as they want. Hell even allow those bionic bodyparts like that south-african guy had. It would be awesome to watch olympic games with body-modified hulk-alikes battle it out.
    How cares if they die afterwards in their mid-20s? It would be great television.

Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    Interesting. In NA there is a similar thing with players from Latin America, particularly Brazil. There is a perception they play in an extremely sloppy and entirely incompetent manner and are just all-around fuck ups. One of my officers for years was from Brazil and basically said the same thing too. US/Canada players typically try and avoid grouping with Latin American players.

I also saw on PTR some snide remarks from UK players towards Germans. Is that a common thing too?
    It's not sloppy play from Russians they have a reputation as cheats, exploiters and hackers as well as generally very toxic, likely to ditch a m+ key at the first sign of trouble, also very rude in chat / voice.

UK people have historical shit with Germans and French that makes residual anamosity rather common but that's nothing to do with wow more cultural and how we're brought up. My grandad and dad refused to call them Germans for example and only called them krauts, I've even seen my grandad refuse to serve Germans when I was a child. The French / English anamosity is a thousand years old so would take years to go into that and why and how ingrained it is in our culture.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yriel View Post
    Or just let everyone dope as much as they want. Hell even allow those bionic bodyparts like that south-african guy had. It would be awesome to watch olympic games with body-modified hulk-alikes battle it out.
    How cares if they die afterwards in their mid-20s? It would be great television.
    That's so stupid. Totally defeats the purpose of training and actually beating the competition. Clearly some people haven't learned from Lance Armstrong that you can still be the best at being a cheater among a group of cheaters, but at the end of the day you are still a cheater and whatever you do doesn't matter in the eyes of most sports fans.

sip.
    This is all basically down the Russian National Inferiority Complex™. It's one of those things that has historically long held Russia and Russians back because it makes them completely incapable of self examination and self correction.

If we can't win straight up, we will cheat, all to make Russia look Stronk.

Interesting. In NA there is a similar thing with players from Latin America, particularly Brazil. There is a perception they play in an extremely sloppy and entirely incompetent manner and are just all-around fuck ups. One of my officers for years was from Brazil and basically said the same thing too. US/Canada players typically try and avoid grouping with Latin American players.

I also saw on PTR some snide remarks from UK players towards Germans. Is that a common thing too?
    Especially Ragnaros. That realm became a meme on how bad players supposedly were on the realms I played on to the point a guild member who knew both Spanish and Portugese went on their realm to ask them why it was so bad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by niztheundead87 View Post
    It's better to live in a country where going to the hospital doesn't get you broke
    Seeing as the average Russian man dies at the age of... 65... from alcoholism... Apparently that "Russian health care" isn't really coming in clutch.

Besides, there are people in the US fighting to change the health care system. Apparently, the Russians aren't too keen on changing their doping ways, seeing as they were already caught and reprimanded for it... and then got caught doing it again.

But this is getting off topic. As I said before... it's good that cheaters got caught, and are being punished. Maybe they'll think a little more forward for the next time they're able to compete.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    You realize you are giving the same argument as people do against marijuana right?
    I outlined precisely why it was extremely different.

Did I say anything about letting high school kids do it? you regulate it and restricts just like you do alcohol or smoking.
    You've now tied the entirety of sports- all sports- to requiring PED to compete.

There's no business that says "alright, well, when you turn 18, we're going to get you into alcohol and smoking so you can really perform." With doping? It's a matter of "train until you're 18, then we'll get you on this shit. If you don't do it, you'll just fall behind the people that do."

Also this is a stereotype drugs does not equal better performance all you have to do is look at sports where PEDs are frowned upon but mostly allowed. Or even lower you can look at gym bros on drugs they don't just get to be bodybuilder level physiques just by using PEDs some of them you can barely tell they work out.
    You're creating the narrative that they're both good and acceptable.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Seeing as the average Russian man dies at the age of... 65... from alcoholism... Apparently that "Russian health care" isn't really coming in clutch.

Besides, there are people in the US fighting to change the health care system. Apparently, the Russians aren't too keen on changing their doping ways, seeing as they were already caught and reprimanded for it... and then got caught doing it again.
    The USA health care system is a joke

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Do we have evidence that the United States is engaging in state-sponsored doping?
    Yes. /10char

Quote Originally Posted by ipaq View Post
    Yes. /10char
    Show your homework please.

15+ Year Old Account
    To sum up this thread.

Most countries had people cheating at some point, some even many.
    Russia got not only people caught cheating but a 8 year program by the state in preparation and execution to cheat.

But since all countries including some god damn pacific island with 300 inhabitants got at least 1 person cheating it is all the same.
    Cos after all, the world is OUT TO GET RUSSIA *scary* and it has nothing to do with the facts at hand. Specifically WADA that is officially a branch of the US government.

Just for fun, lets look up the defenders of Russia in this thread see how many random posts those accounts have done to avoid the obvious of only posting in pro-Russia posts.
    Or lets not, we have been here before and we will be here again. Trolls will be trolls.

- - - Updated - - -

The USA health care system is a joke
    Yes it is but that's not a rebuke, cos Russia is worse off.
    If the US system is shit and still people get to become 12-15 years older than in your beloved Russia. How the fuck is that a win in your book?
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Quote Originally Posted by ipaq View Post
    Yes. /10char
    Great, let's see that evidence.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by segara82 View Post
    Where or when did i state something like that?
    You really need to work on your reading-comprehension.
    You made claims, I'd love to see the evidence. It;s clear there is no evidence the United States os doing anything remotely close to what the Russian government was busted doing.

Let me know when you can back up your claims.

- - - Updated - - -

You made claims, I'd love to see the evidence. It;s clear there is no evidence the United States os doing anything remotely close to what the Russian government was busted doing.

I'd personally rather the USA cheats taking drugs than invading half the planet for their oil and resources. A strange opinion I know.

Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    To sum up this thread.

Most countries had people cheating at some point, some even many.
    Russia got not only people caught cheating but a 8 year program by the state in preparation and execution to cheat.

But since all countries including some god damn pacific island with 300 inhabitants got at least 1 person cheating it is all the same.
    Cos after all, the world is OUT TO GET RUSSIA *scary* and it has nothing to do with the facts at hand. Specifically WADA that is officially a branch of the US government.

Just for fun, lets look up the defenders of Russia in this thread see how many random posts those accounts have done to avoid the obvious of only posting in pro-Russia posts.
    Or lets not, we have been here before and we will be here again. Trolls will be trolls.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes it is but that's not a rebuke, cos Russia is worse off.
    If the US system is shit and still people get to become 12-15 years older than in your beloved Russia. How the fuck is that a win in your book?
    In USA people die because they can't pay a damn insulin it's an absolute joke there are poor countries that have it better.

15+ Year Old Account
    In USA people die because they can't pay a damn insulin it's an absolute joke there are poor countries that have it better.
    Of cos it is, I already agreed with you on that.
    However Russians live way shorter on average.
    So its still better than them?
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

10+ Year Old Account
    He’s just trying to deflect. Report him for being off topic and move on with it.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

They still don't die be idiotic medical costs

Quote Originally Posted by ErrandRunner View Post
    I'd personally rather the USA cheats taking drugs than invading half the planet for their oil and resources. A strange opinion I know.
    What does this have to do with Russia getting caught pushing a state-sponsored doping program?

- - - Updated - - -

What does this have to do with Russia getting caught in a doping scandal? Was there free insulin in all those syringes they were giving their athletes?

15+ Year Old Account
    They still don't die be idiotic medical costs
    Your dead, your dead. Whether you drink yourself to death, or from work without safety regulations.
    Or go into personal bankruptcy from medical bills and die from the lack of it.
    All the same, the government has it hand there.

It's truly amazing that you are so hellbent to deflect and bring up some bad side of the US society when Russia is worse of in pretty much any conceivable metric.

And more so, what does that have to do with the most elaborate state run doping scheme in history so far. What is it that is so hard for you to grasp about it?

Pure ignorance from a typical 17 year old kid in a Che t-shirt is the best explanation I can come up with so far.

Your dead, your dead. Whether you drink yourself to death, or from work without safety regulations.
    Or go into personal bankruptcy from medical bills and die from the lack of it.
    All the same, the government has it hand there.

It's truly amazing that you are so hellbent to deflect and bring up some bad side of the US society when Russia is worse of in pretty much any conceivable metric.

And more so, what does that have to do with the most elaborate state run doping scheme in history so far. What is it that is so hard for you to grasp about it?

Pure ignorance from a typical 17 year old kid in a Che t-shirt is the best explanation I can come up with so far.
    And I guess you are the classic overweight McDonald's eating American that thinks there are no other countries than his.

I find it funny how you live in a place where political by bribery is legal or school shootings are so common none cares anymore

I'm republican I don't have to.

- - - Updated - - -