Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I'd blame the retail AV anniversary event. I played 8 games for the mount and everyone of the games was a 15 minute zerg to boss. So, I think people carried that play-style / mindset into classic AV.
    Anecdotal.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by slime View Post
    I'd blame the retail AV anniversary event. I played 8 games for the mount and everyone of the games was a 15 minute zerg to boss. So, I think people carried that play-style / mindset into classic AV.
    Anecdotal.
    Or maybe people are looking for max honour per hour? The zergs went on in Vanilla as well, no need to blame Retail for the way gaming is these days.

15+ Year Old Account
    1.12 AV was post there removal but also pre the introduction of tower bosses buffing each other. That ment there was litteraly nothing to stop a team zerging stright to the boss room and aoeing everything down and as alliance had map advantage they got there first 90% of the time.
    GOD DAMN. I was so looking forward to long ass battles. Not as launch ones for days but not useless retail zerg fests
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

as with everything vanilla shit, be it levelling, raids or bgs only took so long because people had no idea what theyre doing. weve been trained for over a decade that just rushing shit in under 10 minutes instead of fucking around in the middle is the most efficient way to bg

Anecdotal.
    And you'd be wrong. People are doing everything to maximize honor which now is "fuck objectives, kill commanders"

Why is it everytime classic has a hickup or a plain crappy thing, you guys quickly come in a it's somehow retail's fault.
    Last edited by kranur; 2019-12-11 at 12:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    People who think AV was going to be played the same way 15 years ago when everybody was retarded are actually retarded.
    How were people back then retarded and why do you feel the need to insult people? You are claiming a superior intellect based on what?

Besides, the return of Classic AV in modern WoW (Korrak's Revenge) already played quite different from current AV. So why would Classic AV in Classic WoW be played like current AV? It doesn't make sense.

Losing in AV gets you more honour than a fast WSG premade win. Blizzard really thought this out well.

I don't get why they're so insistent on making everything 1.12 instead of mixing some content patches. It feels like they want to try their hardest into making classic a failure so people think retail isn't as bad. There are various very defined Vanilla experiences that you don't get on 1.12. AV probably the biggest one.

Everyone keep parroting "this is what you ask for" "you think you do" but did everyone actually ask for 1.12 or is that just what blizzard decided?

10+ Year Old Account
    Classic this time around isn't about playing the game as intended. It is about capitalizing on efficiency.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post
    You know, I bet you're also the kind of person in retail who enters Korraks revenge just to spam "Let them win! its quicker exp!"
    He says he likes the AV version that takes like 3mins.

Not sure why he bothers playing games.

Anecdotal.
    I am so glad that most of the elitists and exploiters are playing classic now )

All you need is 5-10 good players to hold the flags and slow the other team down and they go longer.

My only issue with current AV is it has turned the honor grind into a single player game. Which means PVP has become a single player que game. Vanilla has a few different versions of AV availiable to it. Yes, one is insanely long and likely not what people are looking for on cross realm (was alright on a single realm but with cross realm week long games.. meh..) and clearly this version is just by pass the whole point of the BG just to attack the last boss and get this.. this is with MC gear.. imagine once BWL, AQ, and even Naxx hits. 7 minute games will be LONG.

Quote Originally Posted by dragothica View Post
    The original AV would be one of the few #NOCHANGES exclusions.
    First AV, then LFR. #nochanges: People wanted it, people got it.

Quote Originally Posted by Velerios View Post
    First AV, then LFR. #nochanges: People wanted it, people got it.
    People want #NoChanges from Vanilla, not from a specific patch.

As should have been predictable, apparently bringing vanilla back isn't good enough, it has to be "the vanilla they remember", which is a mismatched hodgepodge of the many, many patches it had, each with their own problems.

How would you recommend they fix the problem of Blizzard doing exactly what was asked of them?
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    As should have been predictable, apparently bringing vanilla back isn't good enough, it has to be "the vanilla they remember", which is a mismatched hodgepodge of the many, many patches it had, each with their own problems.

How would you recommend they fix the problem of Blizzard doing exactly what was asked of them?
    People didn't ask for 1.12 with no changes. People asked for Vanilla. If they had unnerfed raids and the AV of lets say release people would be a lot happier.

Sticking to 1.12 and 1.12 only makes no real sense. Private servers were 1.12 because that's the patch that had been available to them to build from. For Blizzard to pick 1.12 makes as much or little sense as just taking the TBC prepatch and calling it vanilla #nochanges.

The absolute state of classic sycophants' power fantasies

Quote Originally Posted by Itori View Post
    People are expecting players today to play like they did 15yrs ago xD the game is packed full of "meta" and try hards, of course bgs aren't going to be played the same way. Don't blame blizzard for giving you what you want, blame yourselves for creating the environment and mentality that festers classic.
    I think this is correct. I mean, I'm not going to blame myself because it has nothing to do with me but it has everything to do with the dominance of the try hard Twitch mentality that makes people want to grind and push content as fast as possible which is not what those of us who only have a couple hours a day to play necessarily want to do.

It just sucks because every game is the same thing. Some raid leader from Faerlina or Herod screaming in the raid alerts to push Drek. Then we either win in 5 minutes or we wipe and just sit around waiting to lose. You really don't have a choice in terms of how you want to play. I really miss the BC through mid Cata era where everyone had their own lane to play the game how they wanted but I don't think those days are coming back. It's not all bad though, WSG is fine but there's not much of an incentive to do it over AV.
    Last edited by Deletedaccount1; 2019-12-11 at 03:39 PM.

Yall are just mad cause ppl arent playing the way you want them to play. If you want long drawn out AVs, get the queue addon, queue as a raid, and turtle. Dont be mad because other ppl want fast honor or rep.