Poll: Best WoW Expansion of THIS decade?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 18
... LastLast

Best WoW expansion of THIS decade? (2010-2019)

Cataclysm (Dec. 2010-Sept. 2012)
    Mists of Pandaria (Sept. 2012-Nov. 2014)
    Warlords of Draenor (Nov. 2014-Aug. 2016)
    Legion (Aug. 2016-Aug. 2018)
    Battle for Azeroth (Aug. 2018 - *Dec. 2020)
    * - ON OR BEFORE DECEMBER 2020.

Which one was the best?

Anyways the GOAT expansion is Legion hands down followed tail gating close by Mists of Pandaria, GOAT. SR, as I call it.

For those uneducated about what a decade means:
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2010s
    Last edited by TheramoreIsTheBomb; 2019-12-15 at 02:25 AM.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

7+ Year Old Account
    Pandaria, easily
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

I didn't play MoP so it's gonna be Legion for me.

Legion is like 5 times as good as the second on that list.

Pandaren Monk
    5+ Year Old Account
    MoP > Legion > Cataclysm

I genuinely had a good time in MoP. After I'd been raiding from BC to the end of Cataclysm, I shifted to a more casual/non-raiding (aside from some dicking around in LFR) playstyle in MoP, and MoP offered enough to do for that.

Same with Legion, although I lost interest there around the time the shithole that is Argus came along. But everything up to that point was fun, and Nighthold alone would've made the expansion worth playing. It's a pretty close second to MoP.

Mixed feelings about Cataclysm, but I think the good outweighed the bad. Aside from Dragon Soul, the raids were at least fun and interesting. I didn't mind the old world redesign so much, although I do wish we'd been able to somehow visit the old world after it happened. Uldum was a massive letdown. I'd been looking forward to that zone since I did the quests that led to its door back in Classic, and I was all excited to see it when Cataclysm was announced, but then it just turned out to be a big Indiana Jones reference. But I still give Cataclysm a passing grade overall.

BfA and WoD both rank just barely better than "bucket full of steaming donkey shit" for me in terms of fun. For what it's worth, I do rank BfA higher of those two just because it at least has a reasonable amount of content outside of raiding. As far as I'm concerned, the new models and some of the little QoL improvements (bag optimization stuff, etc) were the only good things to come out of WoD.
    Last edited by avitush; 2019-12-12 at 06:29 AM.

legion was the peak of gameplay. every spec was hella fun if you had the correct legendaries.

Really close call because I enjoyed both Cata and Warlords immensely but ultimately I have to give it to Mists of Pandaria.

Legion was absolute shit tier. I would have rather played two more years of SoO than this travesty of an expansion.

Legion > Cata > MoP > BFA > WoD

10+ Year Old Account
    MoP or Legion between those two. Legion and MoP just had so much to do, where as Cata and WoD felt really empty.

From Best to Worst: MoP/Legion > BfA > WoD > Cata

Question is flawed. 2010-2020 is a decade.

10+ Year Old Account
    MoP easily and honestly might be my favorite version of WoW period or at least second behind wrath

Quote Originally Posted by scelero View Post
    Question is flawed. 2010-2020 is a decade.
    You are wrong. 2010-2020 are 11 years.
    Noun

decade (plural decades)

A group, set, or series of ten [from 16th c.], particularly:

a decade of soldiers

A period of ten years [from 17th c.], particularly such a period beginning with a year ending in 0 and ending with a year ending in 9. [from 19th c.]
    @Topic for me it's a really close call between Mists and Legion. Decided to go with Mists in the end because class design was just better back then.

Legion > Cata > WoD > BfA > MoP

Enjoyed each expansion for different reasons but really didn't care for MoP at all. It's great to see such diversity when it comes to runner up favorites. The two big contenders for first seems MoP and Legion.

1. Legion. Easy win, since it competes for the all-time throne with Wrath itself, imo.
    2. MoP. Easy second. Combined a lovely continent with interesting original lore. Also the expansion, where LFR was there from the start, bringing yours truly to the raiding scene. Raiding has been the climax of the storylines, so it was great to give casuals a way to see it as well as to partake in the end-game.
    3. WoD. They messed up the overall story and patch content was thin, but I liked the starting point. Garrisons were alright for casual use, Draenor was pretty good a continent, leveling storylines were nice. I didn't mind the AU aspect of it all.
    4. BFA. I hate the overall story, but they once again nailed the leveling stories and continents. Mechagon is nice too, and while I initially disliked Nazjatar it has grown on me a bit.
    5. What to say about Cataclysm. It's good that Horde finally got goblins? While it was a cool feature that they overhauled the Vanilla zones, it didn't always hit the mark, and I didn't particularly like the higher level zones. The overall story of RAWR BIG DRAGON didn't interest me as much as the smaller stories of renewed Horde-Alliance conflict.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

But was where Dalaran?

Quote Originally Posted by Zuben View Post
    1. Legion. Easy win, since it competes for the all-time throne with Wrath itself, imo.
    2. MoP. Easy second. Combined a lovely continent with interesting original lore. Also the expansion, where LFR was there from the start, bringing yours truly to the raiding scene. Raiding has been the climax of the storylines, so it was great to give casuals a way to see it as well as to partake in the end-game.
    3. WoD. They messed up the overall story and patch content was thin, but I liked the starting point. Garrisons were alright for casual use, Draenor was pretty good a continent, leveling storylines were nice. I didn't mind the AU aspect of it all.
    4. BFA. I hate the overall story, but they once again nailed the leveling stories and continents. Mechagon is nice too, and while I initially disliked Nazjatar it has grown on me a bit.
    5. What to say about Cataclysm. It's good that Horde finally got goblins? While it was a cool feature that they overhauled the Vanilla zones, it didn't always hit the mark, and I didn't particularly like the higher level zones. The overall story of RAWR BIG DRAGON didn't interest me as much as the smaller stories of renewed Horde-Alliance conflict.
    I can get behind this list. I was rocked by how well WoD came out of the gate literally guns blazing and... Well that was it. Makes me wonder if the content was a bit more consistent how well would the reception would have been.

I would swap BFA and Cata, though myself. Cata refreshed a lot of questing experiences we now have as staples to this day. No longer is it "Kill X to loot Y" repeated to the end of days, there was far more emphasis on different things. BFA had better isolated stories though.

15+ Year Old Account
    Genuinely surprised so many says pandaria. That's easily the worst expansion ever released imo.

Definitely Legion, then Pandaria.

Legion. I think a lot of new players started in MoP and still see it as some peak standard. It was boring and offered nothing new.

MoP, although Legion is very close behind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Certainly Pandaria, followed closely by Legion.

The problem with Legion is that many of the flaws that affected BFA were there, but they were far better disguised and that drags it's place down a little.

It is however sort of depressing that with five expansions released this decade, three of them are arguably collectively seen as the worst expansions which means for the majority of the past decade we've had a sub-par experience.

That of course is relative, Cataclsym and BFA have both been deeply flawed, but BFA is substantially better than Cataclysm (and 8.3 will put even more water between them), whereas Cataclysm was still fun in it's final stretch. WOD will forever be the burning dumpster truck of an expansion we all wish to forget about.