Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Castration View Post
    No, the OP doesn't know what he's talking about.
    Then explain.

How do you beat instant invite 2-4k honor per AV with WSG where you have 15 minutes queue time and 2k honor yield if you win

It's interesting that so many players do not understand the Vanilla PvP system.

Time investment is a major factor, but it's not enough at higher ranks where everyone is clocking well over 12 hours a day. Your honor is only relevent with respect to how much honor your competition has. You could farm 10,000,000 honor and still not be in the top Bracket if you have 10 players sitting at 10,000,001 honor.

Streamers, podcasts, guides and forums have done a great disservice to a lot of people by talking about Rank 10 as if it's a casually attainable PvP rank. It's in no way casual. Roughly speaking, getting to Rank X requires about X hours / day for any rank up to 10 (becomes exponentially more difficult afterwards). The average player will probably get stuck around R6-7.

As a benchmark, if you've been grinding honor pretty hard for all of phase 2 and you're NOT rank 7 or higher right now, you're not playing enough to even get R9-10.

The only casual PvP gear is from AV rewards.

Quote Originally Posted by StayTuned View Post
    Then explain.

How do you beat instant invite 2-4k honor per AV with WSG where you have 15 minutes queue time and 2k honor yield if you win
    You are talking about R14, so we're not talking about scrubs, we are talking about teams who will win 95% or more (and that is being conservative.) I was a part of a HWL group in Vanilla that would not lose over the course of an entire WSG weekend playing 16+ hours a day. If we hit another "top" team, sometimes our win would take as long as 10-15 minutes, but if we saw them again they would just sit out of the way. More than 7 minutes was a long WSG for us. Your estimation of WSG taking "4min - 45min per match" is hugely off for actual HWL groups and the "if you win" caveat is almost completely irrelevant.

It is possible that Classic will somehow be vastly different in regards to chasing R14, but I have serious doubts you will be competitive by playing AV.

Meh, I didn't remember that 1.12 had cross realm bgs. Who cares? Next you'll tell me that 1.12 is the "vanilla" experience we were all hoping for
    It's the experience Blizzard told us months ahead of time we'd be getting. Just because you missed the memo and have an opinion about what REAL Classic fans wanted doesn't mean this isn't exactly what Blizzard told us we'd be getting from the beginning. And something is a whole lot better than absolutely fucking nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Butterland View Post
    As a benchmark, if you've been grinding honor pretty hard for all of phase 2 and you're NOT rank 7 or higher right now, you're not playing enough to even get R9-10.
    That's false. You can easily get R10 with post-1.7 honor system (which Classic uses) with 3-5 hours a week played. You just need to play effectively and every week.
    R5 5600X | Thermalright Silver Arrow IB-E Extreme | MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk | 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600/CL16 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X | Corsair RM650x | Cooler Master HAF X | Logitech G400s | DREVO Excalibur 84 | Kingston HyperX Cloud II | BenQ XL2411T + LG 24MK430H-B

Warsong
    13-18 minutes queue time
    2k honor per win
    0 honor when lose
    4min - 45min per match

AV
    1-2min queue time
    2k honor per lose, up to 4k honor per win
    6 - 15 min per match

Warsong solo queue = cancer
    AV solo queue = i can go afk and have all the honor

How long until the first AFK rank 14 pops up?
    That's not at all how the honor system works.

Quote Originally Posted by Trend View Post
    You are talking about R14, so we're not talking about scrubs, we are talking about teams who will win 95% or more (and that is being conservative.) I was a part of a HWL group in Vanilla that would not lose over the course of an entire WSG weekend playing 16+ hours a day. If we hit another "top" team, sometimes our win would take as long as 10-15 minutes, but if we saw them again they would just sit out of the way. More than 7 minutes was a long WSG for us. Your estimation of WSG taking "4min - 45min per match" is hugely off for actual HWL groups and the "if you win" caveat is almost completely irrelevant.

It is possible that Classic will somehow be vastly different in regards to chasing R14, but I have serious doubts you will be competitive by playing AV.
    AV win is 5-7 minutes, giving your around 3-3.5k honor. Fastest WSG win you can do is 6 minutes and it's around 2k honor. That's not to mention WSG queues are way longer. WSG weekend might change things up a bit but I except that people would only play WSG for rep.
    R5 5600X | Thermalright Silver Arrow IB-E Extreme | MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk | 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600/CL16 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X | Corsair RM650x | Cooler Master HAF X | Logitech G400s | DREVO Excalibur 84 | Kingston HyperX Cloud II | BenQ XL2411T + LG 24MK430H-B

The only measure that will distinguish R14 from other ranks is not between AV and WSG as AV is the clear winner for honor per hour, the numbers for WSG weekends will have to be compared. The measure is going to be a combination of who plays the most and who maximizes the honor whilst in AV. Which is killing lieutenants, maybe some mid farm (if at all you can manage to find people in mid), and wins....which ever individual or group does that the best will go R14. Skill has a very very very small part to play in it, more about group play and nolifing.

IIRC, the Vanilla rank 14 grind was just AVs over and over and over and over and over...

So all this seems perfectly accurate lol.

Me personally, I hate AV as it is now as a retail player who never played in Vanilla. I can get an appreciation of how it was and that was the AV I was looking towards but understanding that we have an evolved population of WoW players and that implies an evolved perception of playing the game to the point it is a numbers game....which essentially kills fantasy. AV and WSG for the first few months are going to be a numbers game, until the tryhards get R14 and they don't want to play as much and the other tiers of players get R14, after that AV and WSG should start "normalizing" and start feeling like the good ole days, once the perception changes from "I am maximizing grinding honor" to "I just want to BG for fun and to kill players".

or you could spend your time playing the game

Don't you get more honor the more people you kill? As in, actully helping in killing.

Warsong
    13-18 minutes queue time
    2k honor per win
    0 honor when lose
    4min - 45min per match

AV
    1-2min queue time
    6 - 15 min per match

This made me laugh so hard. If youre thinking afk'ing honor system is going to get you Rank14 is hilarious. You have so many pt factors to consider that afk'leeching honor is just not going to cut it once you reach officer rank and server/group competition for said rank gets more tighter. In theory, you could afk to R14 but you would have to be on a completely dead server; pvp-wise.
    AMD Build: | CPU: FX-9590 OEM 8-Core(4.7 GHz) Black Edition | GPU: STRIX R9 380 2GB(x1) | Ram: 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory
    Main: Samsung 850 500GB | BU: WDC Caviar Blue 2TB(x2) | Power: Corsair CX500 | Mobo: Sabertooth 990FX R2.0 [Old faithful!]

Now my living room center piece and open case HTPC.

7+ Year Old Account
    Warsong
    13-18 minutes queue time
    2k honor per win
    0 honor when lose
    4min - 45min per match

AV
    1-2min queue time
    6 - 15 min per match

how are you getting 4k per win? im not getting anywhere near that much, im not even getting 2k on wins!
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by SkagenRora View Post
    Don't you get more honor the more people you kill? As in, actully helping in killing.
    contribution pts plus the actual honor gain from kill = your actual honor gain
    AMD Build: | CPU: FX-9590 OEM 8-Core(4.7 GHz) Black Edition | GPU: STRIX R9 380 2GB(x1) | Ram: 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory
    Main: Samsung 850 500GB | BU: WDC Caviar Blue 2TB(x2) | Power: Corsair CX500 | Mobo: Sabertooth 990FX R2.0 [Old faithful!]

Now my living room center piece and open case HTPC.

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderball View Post
    That's false. You can easily get R10 with post-1.7 honor system (which Classic uses) with 3-5 hours a week played. You just need to play effectively and every week.
    You are totally delusional and have (1) no understanding of the PvP system and (2) no private server experience with it.
    To reach rank 10 you pretty much need to be in the top 90-95% for several weeks in a row. 3-5 hours a week is not even going to get you to Rank 5. Even 3-5 hours a day is probably not enough for Rank 10.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    That's not at all how the honor system works.
    How is this not how the honor system works? I didn't even explain HOW it works, just how MUCH honor you can make per hour currently on EU realmpool.

The player base is nothing like it once was, I believe once people hit R14 they are gonna buy all their shit and not even bother maintaining it as only the title remains. So the tryhards are only gonna be the people yet to get R14, so expect a rotating top end with a large falloff.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    how are you getting 4k per win? im not getting anywhere near that much, im not even getting 2k on wins!
    Just make sure kill the lieutenants and commanders.

To think Rank 14 actually matters...
    The weapons are only a slight upgrade to what's available from BWL and then the gear is replaced in AQ.

Grinding to R13 is fun to Min/Max on gear slots.
    R14 is a complete waste, just a status on how much time you can afk in BGs.