Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

No shadowland book ?

Is this the first expansion without a book?
    shadowlands anti-hype expansion.

I doubt that, since we've had a novel that estabilished the story and themes of the new expansion since WotLK with Arthas: Rise of the Lich King. They'll just announce it later on. It will probably focus on the relationship between Sylvanas and the Jailer, since that's the catalyst of this expansion.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

It wouldn't be a great loss as both war crimes and battle for azeroth intro book were very weak.
    Which is quite funny considering that the novel a good war was very good

I’m wondering if it’ll be a deep dive into the Lich King’s origins and the Jailor considering the revelation that all his fancy armor and what not were pilfered from our new “big bad”.
    Plus, people love Lich King stuff and it looks like we’re about to run out of chances to get much more of it.

7+ Year Old Account
    If a book isn't coming out, we'll probably get short stories, featuring everyone except Vol'jin
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

Quote Originally Posted by Skildar View Post
    It wouldn't be a great loss as both war crimes and battle for azeroth intro book were very weak.
    Which is quite funny considering that the novel a good war was very good
    I thought both Elegy and A Good War were the two best “intro” pieces they’ve put out for a launch.

I’ll give props for Illidan too - while I’m generally against whitewashing the past, they did a great job explaining some of BC’s nonsense and excelled at making Outland seem truly horrid to experience.

Don't they release books closer to the expansion release? Blizzard doesn't even appear to know when they will be releasing it. Maybe internally they do, or have a good idea, but I'm sure there's no date set in stone as they have no idea right now exactly when beta will even be ready and how long it'll be.

Honestly, this feels like the expansion with the least details given. Blizzard doesn't know what they are doing. It is December 11, 2019 and we still don't know the actual release date of WC3 when it is supposed to be released by the end of the year.

It's still a long ways off till the expansion releases. I would expect an announcement of a book a few months from now.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    Don't they release books closer to the expansion release? Blizzard doesn't even appear to know when they will be releasing it. Maybe internally they do, or have a good idea, but I'm sure there's no date set in stone as they have no idea right now exactly when beta will even be ready and how long it'll be.
    My thoughts too. We’re still potentially a year out from release so I’d expect it by June

Quote Originally Posted by wanax View Post
    My thoughts too. We’re still potentially a year out from release so I’d expect it by June
    Yeah, those books are just cross promotion, releasing one now would be a waste.

Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    If a book isn't coming out, we'll probably get short stories, featuring everyone except Vol'jin
    He should be main Ardenweald character, not Tyrande. All we can hope for is different questlines for Horde.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    Honestly, this feels like the expansion with the least details given. Blizzard doesn't know what they are doing. It is December 11, 2019 and we still don't know the actual release date of WC3 when it is supposed to be released by the end of the year.
    Diablo 4 is clearly their sole focus.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Can't wait for 50 shades of shadowlands by our favourite writer.

On more serious note, if they didn't announce anything by now, its possible that shadowlands book will be covering later patches.
    Than again, is there any point in having book anymore? So we can have more characters lie to themself in their internal monologues?

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Can't wait for 50 shades of shadowlands by our favourite writer.

On more serious note, if they didn't announce anything by now, its possible that shadowlands book will be covering later patches.
    Than again, is there any point in having book anymore? So we can have more characters lie to themself in their internal monologues?
    Yes. We need more hymns for major glory to Anduin and his aunt.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

Quote Originally Posted by matrix123mko View Post
    He should be main Ardenweald character, not Tyrande. All we can hope for is different questlines for Horde.

- - - Updated - - -

Diablo 4 is clearly their sole focus.
    I could see Vol'jin sharing the spotlight with Tyrande, with the basic gist of the story being Vil'jin having to attempt convincing Tyrande to reign in her vengeance powerup.
    Would at least be a fertile bed for good drama and dialogue, but i suppose after BfA managed to completely sidestep the very interesting and dramatic journey of Saurfang realizing his honor was broken, i shouldny get my hopes up.

That being said though. Cannot quite remember where, but i definitely heard that The Other Side dungeon with Bwonsamdi and all will be in Ardenweald, or at least the entrance will be. So Vol'jin being important is fully possible.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by Cherry123 View Post
    Is this the first expansion without a book?
    shadowlands anti-hype expansion.
    There is a rumor going on about Golden writing another Novel. Sylvanas spending her time between 8.2.5 and the Bolvar cinematic trailer being covered with. So, just wait and see I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by matrix123mko View Post
    Yes. We need more hymns for major glory to Anduin and his aunt.
    Hopefully the next hymn will be one exalting his perfect physique, and his compassion for the homeless of Westfall, as much as i like "Anduinus Perfectus" and "Praise be the radiant" i could do with some variance.

I sure hope so. Don't wanna have to read a whole book about Sylvanas to understand what's happening lorewise.

Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    Especially all the humans.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Laubman View Post
    I sure hope so. Don't wanna have to read a whole book about Sylvanas to understand what's happening lorewise.
    Sylvanas > Anduin. He is the most bland character around.

Quote Originally Posted by Laubman View Post
    Don't worry, just like with Before the Storm the book will be condensed into a single plot relevant chapter for the sake of discussion, and the rest of the book will be mostly ignored except for a feww plotpoints that some people will eventually bring up since they actually read the book.

Consider for instance how few times you hear people discuss the chapter in Before the Storm where the innkeeper of Lion's pride inn is invited to Stormwind castle, or the fairly chunky part of the story where it is explained how the goblins the Alliance kill in Silithus had already opened fire and kidnapped and killed Alliance members there.
    All you hear about the book is the fairly short segment of Sylvanas killing the Forsaken.

Similarly, whatever book comes out before the expansion will probably only have a chapter at most being discussed, so i wouldnt worry about missing out.