Page 44 of 144 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Liverpools title now, the first half was as good as we've been in years.

5+ Year Old Account
    If you don't finish your chances, you cant win the game. Though De Gea also had a (literal) hand in that.

Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Liverpools title now, the first half was as good as we've been in years.
    Nah, Liverpool will draw 8 games now and Leicester will win everygame and gets the title also Liverpool goes down in history with not winning the titel without losing 1 match.

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently somewhere whipping Portuguese prisoners
    Quote Originally Posted by Miyagie View Post
    Nah, Liverpool will draw 8 games now and Leicester will win everygame and gets the title also Liverpool goes down in history with not winning the titel without losing 1 match.
    But they get to be the Invincibles. That's a title.

If only these highly paid professionals could put in as much work vs the likes of newcastle or west ham as they do vs man city/tottenham.

Might actually be able to get a decent season going.
    Comes a time when we all gotta die...even kings.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Volatilis View Post
    If only these highly paid professionals could put in as much work vs the likes of newcastle or west ham as they do vs man city/tottenham.

Might actually be able to get a decent season going.
    Absolutely, undefeated against the top 6, wtf is going on against the rest who knows.

If you get a chance, watch the goal by Suarez today. He is an enigma, he misses sitters but then comes up with the most outrageous of goals.

Not sure if this link will work but here is the goal. https://streamvi.com/watch.php?video=1575751468

That Suarez goal is absolute filth

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Absolutely, undefeated against the top 6, wtf is going on against the rest who knows.
    We lack creativity to break down defensive teams that don’t come at us.

Can’t rely on pace against sides who never come forward to leave space to use it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently somewhere whipping Portuguese prisoners
    Quote Originally Posted by Valeron View Post
    If you get a chance, watch the goal by Suarez today. He is an enigma, he misses sitters but then comes up with the most outrageous of goals.

Not sure if this link will work but here is the goal. https://streamvi.com/watch.php?video=1575751468
    That build up with De Jong was quite something too.

That goal is already Puskas worthy.

I think against the mid/bottom teams is where we really miss Pogba. Against the top teams we don't really need him but we desperately need some creativity to break down teams where we should get 3 points. I'm sure if Pogba had been fit through the season so far we could have picked up another 5-6 points and at that stage very much been in the top4 race. We need to replace Pogba with someone good in midfield when we sell him.

15+ Year Old Account
    So, Napoli sacked Ancelotti... how would Arsenal fans feel about him taking over there? Just a thought

Quote Originally Posted by Nerph- View Post
    So, Napoli sacked Ancelotti... how would Arsenal fans feel about him taking over there? Just a thought
    Most Arsenal fans I've seen seem to think they are above Ancelotti and according to journalists like Ornstein, they aren't really pursuing him either. More reports linking him with Everton surprisingly. But hey, let Arsenal put all the eggs in the Arteta basket and go down to Championship.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerph- View Post
    I wanted Ancelotti or Benitez the summer we got Emery and I'd take either of them right now.

Also did Spurs just lose 10-2 over 2 matches against Bayern?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zantera View Post
    Most Arsenal fans I've seen seem to think they are above Ancelotti and according to journalists like Ornstein, they aren't really pursuing him either. More reports linking him with Everton surprisingly. But hey, let Arsenal put all the eggs in the Arteta basket and go down to Championship.
    Is Peps underling really going to be worse than a Norwegian PE teacher?
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

Quote Originally Posted by durrtygoodz View Post
    I wanted Ancelotti or Benitez the summer we got Emery and I'd take either of them right now.

Also did Spurs just lose 10-2 over 2 matches against Bayern?

- - - Updated - - -

Is Peps underling really going to be worse than a Norwegian PE teacher?
    I mean you're comparing one bag of garbage with another really... Ole coming into the job had some experience as manager, not much, and not very prestigious but some. Arteta has none and would be equally as big of a risk as Ljungberg IMO. Basing the hype on Pep saying Arteta is great made me think of SAF somehow tricking Wenger to buy Silvestre in his final days. Even as a non-Arsenal fan I still follow them a bit because my dad is a fan and Arteta just feels like such a lackluster appointment IF its true. That's the type of appointment that would confirm the board aren't very ambitious and they're getting someone less experienced in who will probably be a bit of a yes-man. I don't see us challenging seriously for a league title under Ole and I can't see Arsenal doing it under Arteta either.

It also seems like such a weird appointment because there seems to be this nostalgia around Arteta even though he was probably one of their weakest captains of the modern era. (Alright not worse than Xhaka, but who is?) Would the Arsenal fans really be that patient with a non-experienced former player who honestly wasn't that GREAT of a player for them in the first place? At least with Ljungberg you could say he might have some more good will if they wanna go the "no experience" route.

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean you're comparing one bag of garbage with another really... Ole coming into the job had some experience as manager, not much, and not very prestigious but some. Arteta has none and would be equally as big of a risk as Ljungberg IMO. Basing the hype on Pep saying Arteta is great made me think of SAF somehow tricking Wenger to buy Silvestre in his final days. Even as a non-Arsenal fan I still follow them a bit because my dad is a fan and Arteta just feels like such a lackluster appointment IF its true. That's the type of appointment that would confirm the board aren't very ambitious and they're getting someone less experienced in who will probably be a bit of a yes-man. I don't see us challenging seriously for a league title under Ole and I can't see Arsenal doing it under Arteta either.

It also seems like such a weird appointment because there seems to be this nostalgia around Arteta even though he was probably one of their weakest captains of the modern era. (Alright not worse than Xhaka, but who is?) Would the Arsenal fans really be that patient with a non-experienced former player who honestly wasn't that GREAT of a player for them in the first place? At least with Ljungberg you could say he might have some more good will if they wanna go the "no experience" route.
    I Love that fact Arsenal and Everton aren't even trying to get Wilder in, jusr because he isn't a big foreign name. Proven manager in all tiers of football. Gets the best out of 'poor' squads LMA manager of the year last year and no one wants him. I mean its great for us just seems like an oversight from these big clubs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wait? Matic still plays for us?

Quote Originally Posted by Gorged View Post
    I Love that fact Arsenal and Everton aren't even trying to get Wilder in, jusr because he isn't a big foreign name. Proven manager in all tiers of football. Gets the best out of 'poor' squads LMA manager of the year last year and no one wants him. I mean its great for us just seems like an oversight from these big clubs.
    I think Wilder is doing wonders and he's one of the most exciting managers in the league, the fact that most of the SHU-starting lineup are players signed for coffee money from league 1 teams and similar really speaks volumes when you see what he is getting out of them. With that said there's a bit of a stigma around British managers atm (i think mostly people view them as dinosaurs thanks to big sam, moyes, pardew etc) and i think there's that fear that maybe SHU turns to crap next season and it's a bit like Howe - who was also rumored for these jobs a while ago but now that hype seems kinda dead.

I like Wilder though, but I'm happy for the team that nobody is trying to poach him yet. If they finish the season strong I could see teams try to move for him in the summer though. I think Arsenal have that "we're above him" aura but I feel like for a team like Everton he would be almost perfect.

My question wasn't whether he would be better than a Norwegian PE teacher, it was whether he could be worse.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gorged View Post
    I Love that fact Arsenal and Everton aren't even trying to get Wilder in, jusr because he isn't a big foreign name.
    Yeah, THAT'S the reason.
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.