Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    everyone knew what chris was like when it came to developing games, he wants to do too much, so if you really put any stock into any release dates then thats on you
    So...are you saying we shouldn't believe Chris Roberts, the guy running the company developing the game we're discussing?

Or is this "just" about release dates? If so, why should we trust him on other topics? If he's going to sling bullshit for a launch date, which is a major fucking milestone and the most important date for any game, why should we believe him on other topics?

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    ...Did you really just blame the public for Chris and his company publishing release dates and then not meeting those dates? Why are you not holding the company accountable and instead essentially victim blaming? This is ridiculous.

There technically isn't a game to complain about now, that's the whole problem. There is no released game and no telling when, or if there will ever, be one.
    There has not been any release dates, just estimates and the game has changed and gotten larger, SQ 42 origionally was going to be half of what it is currently planned, and there is a version of the game that is released which you can test so claiming there is no game is false.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    So...are you saying we shouldn't believe Chris Roberts, the guy running the company developing the game we're discussing?

Or is this "just" about release dates? If so, why should we trust him on other topics? If he's going to sling bullshit for a launch date, which is a major fucking milestone and the most important date for any game, why should we believe him on other topics?
    Im saying chris's reputation for releasing things on time was well known, its his company and can run it anyway he wants, there is a ton of things going on in the game and getting everything to work together is a feat all on its own, we already have a timeline of SQ 42.
    Last edited by kenn9530; 2019-12-11 at 06:49 PM.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

There has not been any release dates, just estimates and the game has changed and gotten larger, SQ 42 origionally was going to be half of what it is currently planned, and there is a version of the game that is released which you can test so claiming there is no game is false.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

There has not been any release dates, just estimates
    Those are release dates, just release dates they missed.

You can't redefine words just because they suit your narrative. There have been dates. They've missed them as the game grew out of proportion with features and pushed the launch dates back years.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Those are release dates, just release dates they missed.

You can't redefine words just because they suit your narrative. There have been dates. They've missed them as the game grew out of proportion with features and pushed the launch dates back years.
    The game has grown larger due to having extra funding so for better or for worse thats the game they are going for, a release date is an actual date not just end of the year which is an estimate, any estimates given were for versions of the game that are not relevant anymore, there is an alpha to play and you can clearly see the direction of where the game is heading.

The game has grown larger due to having extra funding so for better or for worse thats the game they are going for, a release date is an actual date not just end of the year which is an estimate, any estimates given were for versions of the game that are not relevant anymore, there is an alpha to play and you can clearly see the direction of where the game is heading.
    You can keep chirping about this all you like, no one is going to buy what you are selling here. The game misses estimates, release dates, projections, etc. It fails on multiple fronts and you can defend it all you like. We don't care. You're arguing something that doesn't even matter and you're being told by multiple sources you're full of it. Get over it already.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    You can keep chirping about this all you like, no one is going to buy what you are selling here. The game misses estimates, release dates, projections, etc. It fails on multiple fronts and you can defend it all you like. We don't care. You're arguing something that doesn't even matter and you're being told by multiple sources you're full of it. Get over it already.
    you obvously do care your in here wasting your time complaining about a game, and once its released you will probably buy it.

you obvously do care your in here wasting your time complaining about a game, and once its released you will probably buy it.
    You fail to understand. We don't care about YOUR chirping. You can say all the buzzwords you like about 'estimates' and 'never been done before' but it changes nothing and how this game is perceived. It has missed many estimates/release dates and it shows. All you are doing is try to move the goalposts to fit your narrative and it isn't working.

You fail to understand. We don't care about YOUR chirping. You can say all the buzzwords you like about 'estimates' and 'never been done before' but it changes nothing and how this game is perceived. It has missed many estimates/release dates and it shows. All you are doing is try to move the goalposts to fit your narrative and it isn't working.
    not changing anything to fit any narrative, its the reality of the project, it was a large project to even try back at the start of the kickstarter, it grew even larger and chris's faults were well known prior. Doesnt change the fact that anyone interested in this type of game will most likely at least get it when it launches no matter how long it takes, so any missed dates are irrelevant due to the fact that there are more than enough people who want this game to succeed.

Progress may be slow and steady but the current version of the game is living up to its expectations and will only get better as the game gets developed.

so any missed dates are irrelevant due to the fact that there are more than enough people who want this game to succeed.

Progress may be slow and steady
    Slow is an understatement. And sorry missed dates may be irrelevant to you but don't speak for everyone else. Just watch as more time passes and see what happens.

How's that 2016 commercial launch coming on...

Dude....they're called release date in the announcements, that's when they planned to release it and missed the mark. Stop spinning this bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    Dude....they're called release date in the announcements, that's when they planned to release it and missed the mark. Stop spinning this bullshit.
    there has been a released version of the game for 5 years, its far from complete but doesnt change the fact its there.

its far from complete
    That is the story of Star Citizen in 4 words.

I missed this gem. I wouldn't "buy" this game if it cost 0 dollars. I won't ever put in on my computer. There are many many reasons as to why it would never happen, but mainly I refuse to support such a money pit.

Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    Yeah, and after spending 2 pages trying to convince yourself that those release dates aren't really release dates... I just wouldn't trust anyone else to tell me what the reality really is!

This was a brilliant come back, 10/10 – IGN

Such a silly logic… assuming the game turns out to be good and it releases in our life-time, why shouldn’t people just buy it? Because they criticized the same sort of shit in its development that lead Chris being forced to sell Freelancer to Microsoft? The fuck…

But… let me throw that back at you though, what about you? Why are you wasting time complaining about people complaining about the game when according to yourself, as it stands it already has more shit to do than games such as ED, shouldn’t you just be playing it then?

.... what does that have to do with S42 release dates?
    If you looked at the project with even a slight bit of logic you would know that the game would take a while to come to completion. Companies usually dont give out release dates for a reason and thats because they cant ever meet them.

Kyanion has stated he has no interest in ever doing anything with SC so all he is doing is shit posting for the sake of it, not bringing anything even slightly constructive, he does not even discuss one feature in the game at all. I know he is lying as he will try the game at some point, no way he can invest so much time in a SC forum and not even try the game, if you have not even tried the game your view is next to worthless as it is.

They actually released what they wanted apart from the SQ 42 in a suitable time frame, not everything can go to plan ingame development, at this point your just complaining about a game with open development that keeps the community fairly well informed about most things related to the game.

I missed this gem. I wouldn't "buy" this game if it cost 0 dollars. I won't ever put in on my computer. There are many many reasons as to why it would never happen, but mainly I refuse to support such a money pit.
    i know for a fact your lying, you cant spend this much time hating a game and not even try it once, if you dont actually play it yourself your view on the game means nothing.

That is the story of Star Citizen in 4 words.
    They only just need another $100 million to complete the game, man. /s
    Just don't reply to me. Please. If you can help it.

i know for a fact your lying, you cant spend this much time hating a game and not even try it once, if you dont actually play it yourself your view on the game means nothing.
    Now you know me better than I know myself? That is quite amusing. Also I love how you weakly attempt to cover your base saying if I don't play it my view means nothing. That is like saying someone who has never played football cannot commentate on the sport. Nice.

The fact is I truly will never play the game. I don't care for the genre at all and I refuse to touch money pit projects that have wasted people's money. I've been strongly against mismanaged projects from Kickstarter or even ones that were just scams (see Trials of Ascension megathread). I'm here as someone who has seen how long this 'project' has been going on, how much money they have squandered and I'll call attention to it. This is a discussion about the game just as much as the systems in the game. I'm looking behind the scenes you're looking at the 'game'.

- - - Updated - - -

Kyanion has stated he has no interest in ever doing anything with SC so all he is doing is shit posting for the sake of it, not bringing anything even slightly constructive, he does not even discuss one feature in the game at all. I know he is lying as he will try the game at some point, no way he can invest so much time in a SC forum and not even try the game, if you have not even tried the game your view is next to worthless as it is.
    I'm not shit posting, but of course you would devolve into such attempted insults because you don't like what I have to say. Again you couldn't give me the game for free to play, wouldn't happen. I don't believe in supporting inept devs who have wasted the amount of money they have.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ausr View Post
    They only just need another $100 million to complete the game, man. /s
    Better buy from the cash shop and buy some ships you can't actually use in the game modes that haven't been released yet. Oops.

there has been a released version of the game for 5 years, its far from complete but doesnt change the fact its there.
    A vertical slice of a future potential game is not a game release.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

You know who else overpromises and underdelivers? Peter Molyneux. Only difference is his games actually released.