Poll: Rate the movie STAR WARS™: The Rise of Skywalker™

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Putting it in a spoiler tag should be fine, shouldn't it? That is at least how every other thread is handled here.
    eh, idk. but what i read seems to me could potentially canonize the forcewalking technique that lord kallig learns in swtor, and if any of them are shown, many ancient sith lords

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    There were a ton of people in Hydra who believed they were the good guys and not evil. Try again.
    i don't think the empire is evil.

the empire as depicted in swtor at least, is a better system of government than the republic, and they tend to have the strength to do what's needed to win. it's just that sith screw them over every single time. there's anti-alien sentiment, but i don't think that's that bad of a thing. depends on the types of aliens, at least. twi'lek and most near-humans, they've been shown to be perfectly capable of being civilized. but then you have hutts, trandoshan, houks, and many others that just tend to be violent, criminal, or stupid.

i don't have an issue with not tolerating violent, criminal, and stupid aliens, since they're aliens.

the empire with a caste of force users like the knights of zakuul(they're not light or dark, which means they're not overly passive like jedi or retarded like sith) to serve as elite military units and enforcers and not lord over the empire, would by far be the most stable and successful society in existence.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    I'm not either.
    Ok then your just wrong as Every one knows what hydras about and no one sighs up looking for legitimate work. every one in hydra believes in the very public cause or knows there evil but joins any way.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    eh, idk. but what i read seems to me could potentially canonize the forcewalking technique that lord kallig learns in swtor, and if any of them are shown, many ancient sith lords
    I believe that’s already canon or something like it. Vader does it while trying to res padma but he has to build a whole castle as a focus point for the dark side to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    I believe that’s already canon or something like it. Vader does it while trying to res padma but he has to build a whole castle as a focus point for the dark side to do it.
    i think that may be a different ritual.

forcewalking binds a sith spirit to yourself, either through convincing it to aid you, or forcing it. forcing it grants you more of the spirit's power. the link created means that the forcewalker cannot be killed unless the spirits are purged.

the leak sounded very similar, like palpatine has somehow used forcewalking bind all sith spirits to himself.

7+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, but they don’t think the cause is evil. They think it’s for the betterment of mankind. They’re basically trying to become, wait for it... the Empire.
    Jesus that’s one hell of a goal post move.

The Normal people who join the empire don’t know that it is doing shitty things and think it’s ok because they agree with those shitty things they are comply in the dark about them or have been fed propaganda about events to think they happened differently.

These two things are not the same at all.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i think that may be a different ritual.

forcewalking binds a sith spirit to yourself, either through convincing it to aid you, or forcing it. forcing it grants you more of the spirit's power. the link created means that the forcewalker cannot be killed unless the spirits are purged.

the leak sounded very similar, like palpatine has somehow used forcewalking bind all sith spirits to himself.
    Ah your right I was thinking about when they leave there body to step into the force in swtor not the ghost capturing.

As far as any thing like that there was a helm with a old republic sith bound in it but they never had any one steal his power just him possessing people when they were the helm.

7+ Year Old Account
    I already showed you evidence that's not true. See Luke saying he hates the Empire while still wanting to join. Why don't you show me evidence it is. And it's your goal posts I'm using, sorry if you don't like them.
    Jesus you are almost as bad as malaky.

I already linked evidence you even replied to the post where I did so you would have had to cut out the pictures, but here they are again.
    Here are a few comic pages to show how some people in the galaxy see the empire either though ignorance or propaganda. There are a ton more but these were off the top of my head.

And no I pointed out that normal people don’t know that the empire are evil you moved the goal post to hydra people are ok with there evil because they want to take over, not the same thing.

As for Luke he says he hates the empire not that it’s evil and every one knows it’s evil. There was a lot of distrust and distain between the core and outer worlds because of the clone wars him saying he hates them likely has nothing to do with them being abunch of evil dicks unless Luke is just such an asshole that he wants to do evil even with a group he doesn’t like.

Quote Originally Posted by Harbour View Post
    Threw up a bit reading spoilers.

Palpatine returned god knows how just to be shitfaced 2 hours later?
    Mace Windu is in the movie but Anakin fooking Skywalker isnt?
    Creepy psycho maniac managed to kiss the girl he still wanted to kill 30 minutes prior that? She kissed him back?!
    Rey ended up on another sand planet to live? What a fooking character journey.
    She is Palpatine but took the name of Skywalkers, who were as shitty people as Sheev? This is it? This is the happy end? This is a bitter ending as possible.

Oh god, this might be not as monumental ruination as Luke one, but there they managed to shit on almost every OT/PT and ST character. This is GoT S8 all over again.
    Thing is, I don’t even have to click the spoilers, because I already know exactly what scene you’re talking about.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Field Marshal
    3+ Year Old Account
    Disney made me so happy with the complete and utter destruction and deconstruction of the OT characters, their lives and their deeds and their miserable accomplishments. YOU (and the rest of the vocal minority that screamed at the Prequels) deserve this 100%. Enjoy your deadbeat Han Solo, your utter failure of a Jedi "Master" (lol) Luke Skywalker and your complete and utter trash Leia who not only managed to fail at being a Jedi but failed at being a politician as well. Enjoy the new Lando, where the only thing that he has going for him is the choices he makes on where to stick his little weenie. Enjoy watching Chewbacca be turned into a literall walking carpet. Enjoy C3P0 having a grand total of 4 (?) lines in two movies and R2-D2 hide under a blanket. Enjoy it everyone. I do, as i enjoy watching the scores of 60 year old haters who grew up with the OT cry in terror as their hopes and dreams for their beloved characters are being destroyed before their miserable eyes. THANK YOU DISNEY.
    P.S. Hayden is awesome. (And Hot).
    PPPS. If i sound bitter it's because i am!
    With love from a Prequel fangirl

Trolling isn't allowed. Infracted.
    Last edited by Faltemer; 2019-12-12 at 08:55 AM.
    5'11 tranny, proud of it, but NOT an sjw.
    Margot Robbie = GOALS

Quote Originally Posted by A Princess From Norway View Post
    *snip*
    So because people don't like something you don't like, they deserve to see everything they do love be destroyed? Sweet flying shitfuck you're an entitled little sociopath.

Also Hayden Christensen isn't hot. Like at all. A skinny white kid? please.
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

Honestly, the fact this movie is releasing soon...

Honestly? It just kind of bums me out.

Growing up, I was *SO* into Star Wars. I imagine we all were, but like that shit *resonated* with me. I grew up in a small southern town, lived so far out that there were almost no kids to play with, so I would just play outside and make pretend... for probably way older than I ought to have been. I was unsure about the prequels, eventually shat on them (just like everyone else did), and then gradually opened up to the idea that, while terrible STORIES, they did a good job of world-building. But even in the "hating it" stage, I still always loved "Star Wars".

The Force Awakens, I thought, was kind of boring and way too "safe", and to be honest, from the moment a new trilogy was announced, I had a sinking feeling in my gut that the original cast would return -- old and decrepit -- just to die. Lo and behold, that came true. But even in The Force Awakens, it still felt *FUN*. Not my favorite movie, but it showed promise.

The Last Jedi was more than just "a bad movie" (and make no mistake, it IS a terrible movie; even just in terms of fundamental storytelling). Something about it felt like it betrayed the core of the series. I didn't "hate" The Last Jedi. Instead, it felt more like... watching someone take your favorite comic-book and rip it to pieces in front of you. I walked out of the theater, not "angry", so much as... just kind of sad. It felt like they had fundamentally *changed* everything I'd grown up with, and ruined it in such a way it would never be the same.

Since The Last Jedi, I haven't watched a single Star Wars movie, or played a game. I tried to watch Empire sometime last year I think, and I just... about 15 minutes into it, I just felt incredibly sad. The Last Jedi had retroactively ruined those original movies, for me, that same ones I'd grown up with.

Am I being melodramatic? Hell yes. Am I taking this all way too seriously? Absolutely. But "Star Wars" was more than just "a movie (series)" to me. And it felt like they took that away. And in its place, we got a super hamfisted politically-correct "message" that, if you criticized the movie in any way, suddenly you were racist or exist.

I dunno. Before The Last Jedi, I couldn't have even IMAGINED not going to see a Star Wars movie. I've already passed on Solo (another one that, on Netflix, I started, but felt that same sense of sadness a few minutes in and stopped watching), and now I'm going to be skipping Episode freaking IX. Such a crazy world we live in.

last jedi was the best movie in the franchise

this ones gonna be a humdinger!

The Patient
    5+ Year Old Account
    He was written as an overconfident pilot that miscalculated and learned a lesson in when to fight and when to run. It's called character development... Just because he's a badass pilot doesn't mean he's a tactical genius.
    He was absolutely correct, though: had the First Order still possessed their Dreadnought at the Battle of Crait, the Resistance would have been annihilated. The First Order wouldn't have even needed to send troops down to the surface.

Spoken like someone who only has a passing familiarity with Star Wars over the years.
    I'm not sure saying "totally destroyed Star Wars" is fair, all things considering, but I think it's sad that I'd rather watch the Phantom Menace again than any of the new films (except maybe Rogue One).

Thank God the Mandalorian is good, at least.
    "Why has government been instituted at all? Because the passions of men will not conform to the dictates of reason and justice, without constraint." - Alexander Hamilton

7+ Year Old Account
    Yeah. That kid is supporting evil. Tacitly. He even acknowledges it before being shut down because HE WILL BE KILLED. You even see it in the second image you linked. Xenophobia is bullshit and evil. One alien overcoming the systemic discrimination only reinforces that organization is evil.

C’mon you gotta have some actual evidence.
    The first picture with the kid is some one of the empire worshiping vader because vader helped his planet and he doesn't know what evil they do. he doesn't acknowledge any thing and it has nothing to do with him being at risk he sees vader as a god damn hero and preaches about him as such.

the second picture is empire tie fighters who think that the rebels started the war by murdering the people of the death star and truly believe that they are terrorist who want the galaxy to burn.

the third picture is to reinforce that outer rimers (luke) and core wolders (most of the empire) don't get along and luke not liking the empire could have nothing to do with knowing there an evil group.

all of this is actual evidence of every thing I've said about what the common folk think of the empire take your head out of the sand.

7+ Year Old Account
    I guess I should read more comics as they’re the only source for your supposition.They’re still just as evil as every other evil organization in fiction. Even Hydra that was packed with people who believed their cause was righteous. And, again, they’re Evil. Evil is supported by those who turn a blind eye to reality. Always has been, always will be. Your claim that the empire was in some way legitimate and not evil is still 100% canonically incorrect.
    sure there the only source if you ignore solo and rebels existing, but given that I've said mutilate times that they are evil and you still some how think i'm saying there not evil i doubt you would pick that up.

Quote Originally Posted by Kithelle View Post

You do remember they have connections to each other....
    Yeah and you've also conveniently forgotten to say that Snoke explicitly says that he forged the connection between Rey and Kylo. Even Kylo says 'how are you doing this, the effort alone would kill you'.

TLJ is utter, inconsistent trash

Quote Originally Posted by Claymore View Post
    Honestly, the fact this movie is releasing soon...

Honestly? It just kind of bums me out.

Growing up, I was *SO* into Star Wars. I imagine we all were, but like that shit *resonated* with me. I grew up in a small southern town, lived so far out that there were almost no kids to play with, so I would just play outside and make pretend... for probably way older than I ought to have been. I was unsure about the prequels, eventually shat on them (just like everyone else did), and then gradually opened up to the idea that, while terrible STORIES, they did a good job of world-building. But even in the "hating it" stage, I still always loved "Star Wars".

The Force Awakens, I thought, was kind of boring and way too "safe", and to be honest, from the moment a new trilogy was announced, I had a sinking feeling in my gut that the original cast would return -- old and decrepit -- just to die. Lo and behold, that came true. But even in The Force Awakens, it still felt *FUN*. Not my favorite movie, but it showed promise.

The Last Jedi was more than just "a bad movie" (and make no mistake, it IS a terrible movie; even just in terms of fundamental storytelling). Something about it felt like it betrayed the core of the series. I didn't "hate" The Last Jedi. Instead, it felt more like... watching someone take your favorite comic-book and rip it to pieces in front of you. I walked out of the theater, not "angry", so much as... just kind of sad. It felt like they had fundamentally *changed* everything I'd grown up with, and ruined it in such a way it would never be the same.

Since The Last Jedi, I haven't watched a single Star Wars movie, or played a game. I tried to watch Empire sometime last year I think, and I just... about 15 minutes into it, I just felt incredibly sad. The Last Jedi had retroactively ruined those original movies, for me, that same ones I'd grown up with.

Am I being melodramatic? Hell yes. Am I taking this all way too seriously? Absolutely. But "Star Wars" was more than just "a movie (series)" to me. And it felt like they took that away. And in its place, we got a super hamfisted politically-correct "message" that, if you criticized the movie in any way, suddenly you were racist or exist.

I dunno. Before The Last Jedi, I couldn't have even IMAGINED not going to see a Star Wars movie. I've already passed on Solo (another one that, on Netflix, I started, but felt that same sense of sadness a few minutes in and stopped watching), and now I'm going to be skipping Episode freaking IX. Such a crazy world we live in.
    I can't just discount the impact the Star Wars franchise had on my childhood, and got me interested in all different kinds of things (space, science, sci-fi etc). I was incredibly excited to see The Force Awakens, and probably saw it 3 times in the cinemas and saw Rogue One twice.

The Last Jedi felt like a betrayal of everything I had enjoyed before. I skipped Solo after that and still haven't seen it. It made me re-evaluate The Force Awakens and brought all it's flaws to the surface. I still really enjoy Rogue One probably because it's a standalone film that really can't be bastardized too much because of the point in time that it occupies, but I never thought the day would come when I have no interest in seeing a major Star Wars release

Disney made me so happy with the complete and utter destruction and deconstruction of the OT characters, their lives and their deeds and their miserable accomplishments. YOU (and the rest of the vocal minority that screamed at the Prequels) deserve this 100%. Enjoy your deadbeat Han Solo, your utter failure of a Jedi "Master" (lol) Luke Skywalker and your complete and utter trash Leia who not only managed to fail at being a Jedi but failed at being a politician as well. Enjoy the new Lando, where the only thing that he has going for him is the choices he makes on where to stick his little weenie. Enjoy watching Chewbacca be turned into a literall walking carpet. Enjoy C3P0 having a grand total of 4 (?) lines in two movies and R2-D2 hide under a blanket. Enjoy it everyone. I do, as i enjoy watching the scores of 60 year old haters who grew up with the OT cry in terror as their hopes and dreams for their beloved characters are being destroyed before their miserable eyes. THANK YOU DISNEY.
    The bitterness is strong in this one.

How they can make knockouts like the mandalorian and rogue one and then fuck up the actual main IP so bad is beyond me. Mandalorian is another awesome starwars installment.

Quote Originally Posted by BeepBoo View Post
    How they can make knockouts like the mandalorian and rogue one and then fuck up the actual main IP so bad is beyond me. Mandalorian is another awesome starwars installment.
    It's called nepotism.

Also if the spoilers are true: Really disapointed to see them go with the Kylo and Rey relationship. Even more so if it involves random force life transfer skills. I kind of hate how they set up fin and rey originally (that was pretty much his only motivation) and then RJ completely shat all over it and gave him a chunky asian chick as a participation trophy. I hope they'll have at least some kind of chemistry on screen this time around, because in the last movie their nonsensical interactions didn't really ring right to me. Also extra cringe points if they really dredge out Harrison Fort once more..
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

See here's the thing we just don't watch it. P.S. the prequels sucked if Lucas had balls and actually stuck to his original plan of having Jarjar be the mule they could have been amazing. That said they are still better than TLJ.

- - - Updated - - -

Luke is the reason kylo turned to the dark side it’s his failure that drove kylo away from him and to snoke that compounded with the knowledge that the Jedi tend to screw things up and make the galaxy worse caused Luke to think the galaxy would be better off without them mucking things up.

Luke doesn’t give up on kylo Luke gives up on him self.
    Luke after getting a vision doesn't stop and think about how to talk through it with Kylo nah instead he gets ready to chop his nephew in half complete with turning on his lightsaber. Disney Wars is beyond trash.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    There was a whole lot more to the post you've trimmed down where I specifically addressed Ragedaug's points. And I threw no "-isms" at all in this thread. Seems like you're holding a grudge rather than addressing my actual post.
    Except that line specifically is all that matters. A lot of people called anakin a gary stu the fact that rey progresses even faster and is more well liked lends a lot of credence to her being a mary sue because anakin was most definitely a gary stu for the majority of the prequels.

So if the leak is true, it's a perfect ending for the 2 other movies: Mary Sue Rey turns into Jesus, heals everyone with a hand touch, sacrifices herself for humanity, she is resurrected from the dead and finally she becomes the new god and the head of the religion