Poll: Rate the movie STAR WARS™: The Rise of Skywalker™

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Quote Originally Posted by bullseyed View Post
    They want to give the next trilogy to Brie Larson, so wait for it to get a whole lot worse.
    You're joking right?

Quote Originally Posted by Frogguh View Post
    Rose is not the Jar-Jar Binks of the sequels. Sadly, they cast Finn into that role and ruined his character. His backstory alone makes him worthy to not be forced into the C-3PO / Jar-Jar Binks comic relief role. Another unfortunate misstep in the writing.
    Comparing Rose and Fin to Jar Jar is an insult to Jar Jar character, he was way better.

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    And Rose is Jar Jar Binks
    Jar Jar didn't kill off the Resistance over a crush.

Quote Originally Posted by Frogguh View Post
    Rose is not the Jar-Jar Binks of the sequels. Sadly, they cast Finn into that role and ruined his character. His backstory alone makes him worthy to not be forced into the C-3PO / Jar-Jar Binks comic relief role. Another unfortunate misstep in the writing.
    His backstory? You mean when a toilet janitor somehow gets sent to a combat mission, sees a faceless trooper die what makes him paint his helmet with blood and desert the army, but literally 20 minutes later he's killing the same troopers with a huge smile on his face and at the end helps killing millions of them by blowing up a planet? Yeaaaaah.....

Quote Originally Posted by Xath View Post
    You're joking right?
    I'd wait until Lucas Films is actually in a position to make a new movie. Depending on how TRoP turns out we might see some personnel changes at the top of Lucas Film first, not to mention the Rian Johnson trilogy isn't officially cancelled yet - unless his punishment is supposed to be development hell I can't see how Disney is going to let him fuck up another 3 films. Both Johnson and Abrams are people that can make stand alone movies, but they have zero regard to franchise building and are utterly unsuited for the task or working within existing canon and limitations. I mean Abrams has now fucked his second scifi franchise with over 40 years of history in less than 10 years. Ironically Johnson might actually be able to pull off a completely removed star wars movie, but giving him 3 is just asking for trouble again.

At least the world was spared Dumb and Dumber getting a trilogy as well.
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2019-12-12 at 06:52 AM.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

With this new trilogy they made me go from watching Ep1 The Phantom Menace 3 times in the cinema and the rest of the movies to losing all interest in Ep9 by even reading spoilers.

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    Luke did not want to be a fabled hero. He also understood the flaws of the Jedi, his father and his own path being the result of those flaws.

He was right to be pragmatic. He was not equipped to usher in the new Jedi because the Order was inherently flawed. It was poor at keeping the dark side at bay, falling to actual teach people how to confront the seduction of the dark side. He saw the failures in his father, he saw them in Kylo, he saw them in himself. That's why he refused to continue teaching the flawed teachings.

He became a bit jaded, but not without logical steps that got him to that point. He flaw, because people love to talk about character flaws in SW, is appropriate. That flaw being the defeated attitude he adopted. That the Jedi are a catalyst for bad people and should end. Even if it meant watching the FO overtake the Republic, the galaxy would have to find a way to exist without the Jedi Order - the Order that seemed to churn out the villians who brought the most evil to the galaxy.

Luke 'redeemed' himself when he gave the next generation the tools to start something new. Not the Jedi but something that learned from the mistakes of the Jedi. He actually learned how to deal with those flaws in his exile (@Endus is good at explaining it) but didn't have skills/confidence to articulate it.

Also realize 30 years have passed....people change for better or for worse.
    The order was pretty damn good at keeping the dark side at bay actually. There were several thousand jedi in the republic only what three or four total fell across the EU that's around a 99.5% success rate possibly higher. Luke's primary flaw was always the same as his superpower he was naive and always believed in the best in people. For him to snap and pull out a lightsaber on his nephew is beyond out of character.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    I'd wait until Lucas Films is actually in a position to make a new movie. Depending on how TRoP turns out we might see some personnel changes at the top of Lucas Film first, not to mention the Rian Johnson trilogy isn't officially cancelled yet - unless his punishment is supposed to be development hell I can't see how Disney is going to let him fuck up another 3 films. Both Johnson and Abrams are people that can make stand alone movies, but they have zero regard to franchise building and are utterly unsuited for the task or working within existing canon and limitations. I mean Abrams has now fucked his second scifi franchise with over 40 years of history in less than 10 years. Ironically Johnson might actually be able to pull off a completely removed star wars movie, but giving him 3 is just asking for trouble again.

I mean you are joking about Brie Larsen being part of the next trilogy right?

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    I'm surprised that they decided to put off their own original show, Confederate, to instead make a Star Wars trilogy. I thought the whole reason why they wanted to move on from Game of Thrones as quickly as possible was because they were more invested in working on their own creation rather than someone else's.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    Jesus you are almost as bad as malaky.

I already linked evidence you even replied to the post where I did so you would have had to cut out the pictures, but here they are again.

And no I pointed out that normal people don’t know that the empire are evil you moved the goal post to hydra people are ok with there evil because they want to take over, not the same thing.

As for Luke he says he hates the empire not that it’s evil and every one knows it’s evil. There was a lot of distrust and distain between the core and outer worlds because of the clone wars him saying he hates them likely has nothing to do with them being abunch of evil dicks unless Luke is just such an asshole that he wants to do evil even with a group he doesn’t like.

You realize the comics you are linking kind of show the opposite of what you are trying to show. They show some really shitty people and another set of people that are aware they are doing shitty things and probably shouldn't talk about that in case other shitty people overhear.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vilendor View Post
    So if the leak is true, it's a perfect ending for the 2 other movies: Mary Sue Rey turns into Jesus, heals everyone with a hand touch, sacrifices herself for humanity, she is resurrected from the dead and finally she becomes the new god and the head of the religion
    Oh so it's literally the matrix ending except they bring neo back because fuck it and I thought they couldn't get worse

7+ Year Old Account
    German Burger King ad with spoilers - wtf?

Quote Originally Posted by EbonBehelit- View Post
    He was absolutely correct, though: had the First Order still possessed their Dreadnought at the Battle of Crait, the Resistance would have been annihilated. The First Order wouldn't have even needed to send troops down to the surface.

I'm not sure saying "totally destroyed Star Wars" is fair, all things considering, but I think it's sad that I'd rather watch the Phantom Menace again than any of the new films (except maybe Rogue One).

Thank God the Mandalorian is good, at least.
    But that was kind of the point of the movie - the theme, if you will. That they were both wrong, and both right. That leadership, survival, rebellion, war, etc, was not a dichotomy of black and white. And neither is the Force, which is the literal point of Luke's new direction, as a character.

I mean you are joking about Brie Larsen being part of the next trilogy right?
    I didn't write that part. I also didn't hear about it yet, but it's highly unlikely that anyone is currently planning a trilogy to that degree that they already have actors in mind. All of these rumors are usually out of context statements of some interviews where they say things like "I could imagine to.." etc.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    I'm surprised that they decided to put off their own original show, Confederate, to instead make a Star Wars trilogy. I thought the whole reason why they wanted to move on from Game of Thrones as quickly as possible was because they were more invested in working on their own creation rather than someone else's.
    Huh? But that is what happened. They said they won't be working on Star Wars because they feared they couldn't focus on it as much as it would need to be. That was at least the official story, the truth is probably that Disney got nervous after their GoT:S8 debacle.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kontinuum View Post
    German Burger King ad with spoilers - wtf?
    Lol, that would essentially be all the leak stuff again. Too bad there is no burger king in my town, I'd totally buy one for the lulz.

Edit:
    Short summary:
    Seriously, if these are true, they might be obvious but they are also spoilers. You have been warned.

rey is the granddaughter of palp
    rey can heal people
    the siith kidnapped jedi kids to sicc them onto their children
    kylo switches sides after rey beats him (again rofl..)
    kylo and rey team up against palp
    rey's parents were killed on palps orders
    kylo dies
    dark sides uses rey's anger (no shit)
    rey sees in a vision the space ship in which the murderers of her parents fly off
    the golden robot gets reprogrammed and loses all of it's memory
    something about a hairy roaring beast beeing accidently killed by rey but somehow still surving? that one would actually be interesting. Captions are complete BS sadly.

Apparently the whole thing isn't sanctioned by disney, which means they probably got the "spoilers" from jedipax as some online sources speculate.
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2019-12-12 at 08:43 AM.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

You realize the comics you are linking kind of show the opposite of what you are trying to show. They show some really shitty people and another set of people that are aware they are doing shitty things and probably shouldn't talk about that in case other shitty people overhear.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh so it's literally the matrix ending except they bring neo back because fuck it and I thought they couldn't get worse
    Ben Solo (he change back his name after Han's force ghost visits him (Ford's cameo is officially confirmed)) transfers his life-force into Rey (killed by Palpatine) so she can become the last-first new jedi, using the name Rey Skywalker and she can train a new generation of jedies

Quote Originally Posted by Soimu View Post
    With this new trilogy they made me go from watching Ep1 The Phantom Menace 3 times in the cinema and the rest of the movies to losing all interest in Ep9 by even reading spoilers.
    I honestly felt nausea after reading through the last bit of the most recent updated "leaks" if this is actually how disney wars ends well 1 to 6 was a fun ride at least and then we have the eu so uh yeah Star Wars is a great universe I'll just ignore that Disney Wars exists from now on.

- - - Updated - - -

Ben Solo (he change back his name after Han's force ghost visits him (Ford's cameo is officially confirmed)) transfers his life-force into Rey (killed by Palpatine) so she can become the last-first new jedi, using the name Rey Skywalker and she can train a new generation of jedies
    Welp I'm done if this is actually how it ends I'm done.

His backstory? You mean when a toilet janitor somehow gets sent to a combat mission, sees a faceless trooper die what makes him paint his helmet with blood and desert the army, but literally 20 minutes later he's killing the same troopers with a huge smile on his face and at the end helps killing millions of them by blowing up a planet? Yeaaaaah.....
    That's THE janitor who knows all the secrets of the Starkiller base dude, not A janitor !
    And THE janitor who can stand his ground against a Sith in Lightsaber duel, even though Kylo was wounded that was still heavy bullshit

Lets not post large images on comics here. You can post a link to them, or occasionally post much smaller images but do not continue to post the giant images.

rey being able to heal isn't a bad thing. all jedi can heal, force healing isn't lore breaking or anything. just wasn't ever shown in the movies, but it's been done in EU lore for ages.

life-transference also isn't lore breaking. it's one of those more murky abilities, not specifically dark side, but taking life to heal isn't something a jedi would normally do.

Field Marshal
    3+ Year Old Account
    How would Han Solo return as a ghost if he isn't a force user ? Do the people making these new movies not under basic star wars lore ?
    5'11 tranny, proud of it, but NOT an sjw.
    Margot Robbie = GOALS

Quote Originally Posted by A Princess From Norway View Post
    How would Han Solo return as a ghost if he isn't a force user ? Do the people making these new movies not under basic star wars lore ?
    from reading the leak, i don't think he's a force ghost.

more just a vision that the good guys tend to get in magical settings, a vision pushing you to do the right thing.

but no, the people don't stop to consider the lore. the leak sounds like they've actually shoved some fanservice in this movie, but that's only due to the dismal performance that trying to just do whatever they want lead to.

i've also noticed that these people, younger writers, all have one big problem in common. from wow, to star wars, you name it, none of them stop to consider the fact that military resources are not infinite and cannot just be pulled from the aether of their cavernous anus. the first order pulling armada after armada from nowhere is one of the worst things about this new trilogy.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Luke after getting a vision doesn't stop and think about how to talk through it with Kylo nah instead he gets ready to chop his nephew in half complete with turning on his lightsaber. Disney Wars is beyond trash.
    He has a moment of weakness before pulling back something he has always been prone to. He acts on instinct but never stops him self before he gets any where near striking unless in the past where he tries to kill the emperor and then bears Vader to the ground.

- - - Updated - - -

They show exactly what I’m trying to show. The tie fighters in the second picture think the rebels started the war they think they blew up the Death Star and murdered thousands they think that the rebels are just like the separatist and just want the galaxy to burn. They are normal people who though propaganda have a twisted view of events because they don’t have the full picture like we do.

The third picture is soloy to show how outer Rim and people in the core still have distain for each other because of the separatist which also had a ton of propaganda around it.