Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    The problem with Gazlowe is that he embodies nothing that makes a Goblin interesting.

Gallywix was perfect. Not every character has some lawful good friendly character like Gawloze. He could be a human or an Orc and it wouldnt be weird.
    I wouldn't call Gazlowe anything approaching lawful good, IMO. Good, yes - probably more in the mold of chaotic or neutral good. Gallywix is more in the chaotic or neutral evil mold.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

The problem with Gazlowe is that he embodies nothing that makes a Goblin interesting.

Gallywix was perfect. Not every character has some lawful good friendly character like Gawloze. He could be a human or an Orc and it wouldnt be weird.
    Thank you. People looking for diversity in goblins are looking for it in the wrong race. A noble goblin is a gnome painted green with pointed ears and messed up teeth. I mean, of course the Trade Princes can vary in personalities, but greed should be part of all. It's a defining personality trait.

- - - Updated - - -

Essentially, this is how the Trade Princes should be presented.

Scum bags, all of them, motivated by the same thing, but different character quirks and traits.

BTW the mountain with the palace. They moved it. It used to be further south, where the strip mine currently is. They. Moved. A. Mountain. Suppose it costed a ton.

Quote Originally Posted by Devonitar View Post
    BTW the mountain with the palace. They moved it. It used to be further south, where the strip mine currently is. They. Moved. A. Mountain. Suppose it costed a ton.
    That was all part of the terraforming they did to make the zone look like a horde symbol. It was Gallywix's way of saying "thanks" for keeping him alive and bringing the cartel into the horde.

Quote Originally Posted by Edlarel View Post
    That was all part of the terraforming they did to make the zone look like a horde symbol. It was Gallywix's way of saying "thanks" for keeping him alive and bringing the cartel into the horde.
    Which is funny since Azshara is timewise right after the goblin intro.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    Thank you. People looking for diversity in goblins are looking for it in the wrong race. A noble goblin is a gnome painted green with pointed ears and messed up teeth. I mean, of course the Trade Princes can vary in personalities, but greed should be part of all. It's a defining personality trait.

- - - Updated - - -

Essentially, this is how the Trade Princes should be presented.

Scum bags, all of them, motivated by the same thing, but different character quirks and traits.
    So you want snow white and the seven goblins? Got it.

Great, you know what that means, right?

Future patch, we go to Kezan to kill Gallywix in a raid or dungeon he's the final boss of.
    Gallywix did nothing wrong. He is the perfect avatar of what it means to be a goblin. And successful.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daronokk View Post
    Both are nothing in terms of technological growth compared to Blackfuse.
    Blackfuse didn't have the foresight to see he was working for a dictator the rest of the world would turn against.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Wait... there are multiple Trade Princes? Now we NEED to see that. They could rip off Godfather tongue-in-cheek in hilarious fashion, and I'd unhitch my wagon from Gallywix if they introduce Trade Princes as entertaining as him. Gazlowe is just terribly boring.

"Ey, look at me, I'mmu goblin but I ain't as greedy so I have no personality!"
    https://wow.gamepedia.com/Trade_prince

also some one needs to be called danny if we do this!

- - - Updated - - -

This is what bothers me the most, if they want to make him cool atleast start with hes model and make him wear stuff people want. Then you get peoples attention, but instead he looks like a generic goblin with level 5 gear on.

10+ Year Old Account

Problem with this assessment is your only regarding such characters in over the top ways, which gallywix is, and over the top greedy asshole who's more of a stereotype then a character. Think like if you need a perfect silhouette to discribe greedy bastard, gallywix is just that.

But you don't need over the top stereotypes to make characters into prominent roles, if anything it's better they aren't because they can be given more depth of character rather then trying to uphold a cardboard standup of a personally.

That's the really difference between the two, ones a cartoon character, the others an actual character.

Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    So you want snow white and the seven goblins? Got it.
    Huh? No, I want the Trade Princes represented as mob bosses.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Grazrug View Post
    Gallywix did nothing wrong. He is the perfect avatar of what it means to be a goblin. And successful.
    I agree, and I hope he comes back with A VENGEANCE.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    I hope they will build royal university of lawful good in its place.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    I hope they will build royal university of lawful good in its place.
    That's silly, but maybe a goblin business school would work.

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    That's silly, but maybe a goblin business school would work.
    I'm still waiting for Gallywix's chain of burger joints.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm still waiting for Gallywix's chain of burger joints.
    Hey, he's no longer tied to horde honor and code, he can do whatever he wants now, can make patties made from children if he wants

Hey, he's no longer tied to horde honor and code, he can do whatever he wants now, can make patties made from children if he wants
    Yeah but then only Sylvanas would want to eat them. Pretty sure he wants to make money.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathanyel View Post
    Gazlowe has been a notable figure since Warcraft 3, and as others mentioned, it was assumed that a playable Goblin race would be introduced by or at least involve him.
    Gazlowe played a role during WoD, and in BfA, he changed Gallywix' assignment to Horde players from killing Grizzek to saving him, already a power move.
    He took us to Mechagon and displayed once more a moderate side of the Goblins.
    We don't need him stating "I want to depose Gallywix" some time before doing so to have enough buildup for the character.
    You can replace Gazlowe with another neutral faction leader, and the examples you use would just imply no intent to control the cartel. That's essentially saying Calia, for existing, and interacted with Forsaken Priests in an Order Hall, should lead the Forsaken since yesterday under the notion of simply being a Menethil. I am okay with the whole Gazlowe leading Bilgewater, he has the history. But history doesn't mean sense.

All of his motions weren't made to drive his motives toward the Horde at all, his story is written as the foil to Gallywix's current actions being intentionally shady.

There is a such a thing as telling a story the player needs to know. Makes sudden story changes more palatable. If we didn't need to know what could be going on with that, then there wasn't a reason to have the dialogues we do have from others leaders foreshadowing other events. They're there for a reason, and my only gripe is Gazlowe is currently neutral, with no plans to suddenly side with the Horde.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah but then only Sylvanas would want to eat them. Pretty sure he wants to make money.
    He probably shouldn't have sided with the one who's aim is to kill everyone and suck their souls into eternal damnation then. When you think of it, him siding with her makes no sense whatsoever, unless he's convinced she could destroy all life and thinks his own survival depends on being on her good side more then profit.

He probably shouldn't have sided with the one who's aim is to kill everyone and suck their souls into eternal damnation then. When you think of it, him siding with her makes no sense whatsoever, unless he's convinced she could destroy all life and thinks his own survival depends on being on her good side more then profit.
    Gallywix doesn't consider his long-term fate, or the ramifications of siding with a psychopath. He saw profit in Azerite and he was in, his reasoning being it's better to be with her than against her.

Gallywix doesn't consider his long-term fate, or the ramifications of siding with a psychopath. He saw profit in Azerite and he was in, his reasoning being it's better to be with her than against her.
    If I wouldn't know better, I'd say this is inspired by real life...
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.