Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    Also, no longer a disorder.
    Oh, please

If someone politely asks you to use a They pronoun, that is not demanding.

Also, no longer a disorder.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/trans...b0e346ce7bbd93
    things like this go bothways you can choose to use a word to refer to yourself and i can choose to use whatever word i want ,unless we dont live in a democracy anymore.
    i can choose to use the language as it is , they =plural

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by niztheundead87 View Post
    things like this go bothways you can choose to use a word to refer to yourself and i can choose to use whatever word i want ,unless we dont live in a democracy anymore.
    You can certainly call someone whatever you want. But there is the chance of having a bad encounter. Choosing to respectful is generally the better route than intentionally starting a conflict over something so trivial.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

You can certainly call someone whatever you want. But there is the chance of having a bad encounter. Choosing to respectful is generally the better route than intentionally starting a conflict over something so trivial.
    "your freedom ends where someone else's starts"

trying to make other people use whatever words you want is quite similar to trying to enforce your own religion to others , you think your way is the right one but that doesnt give you the right to do so.

10+ Year Old Account
    You sure about that, ma'am?

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    You sure about that, ma'am?
    you just used a word you wanted and thats fine , you can do it and i can choose to not use it

10+ Year Old Account
    "your freedom ends where someone else's starts"

trying to make other people use whatever words you want is quite similar to trying to enforce your own religion to others , you think your way is the right one but that doesnt give you the right to do so.
    Do you homie. I personally choose to just be respectful. If someone corrects me and asks that I call them their preferred pronoun, it is no bother to me. But if it is truly too much trouble for you, that is your call.

Do you homie. I personally choose to just be respectful. If someone corrects me and asks that I call them their preferred pronoun, it is no bother to me. But if it is truly too much trouble for you, that is your call.
    thats the part where we agree , its my call to use words as i see fit to do so , the problem starts when people see when you are forced to use words the way they want .

10+ Year Old Account
    you just used a word you wanted and thats fine , you can do it and i can choose to not use it
    And when everyone around you insists on calling you "ma'am" or "miss", and refuses to acknowledge the pronoun you choose?

Your driver's license says "F" and all official documents refer to you by the wrong terms?

If you've been told you're using the wrong pronoun, and insist on continuing to do so regardless, then you're doing it to be abusive and condescending. Nothing more.

And when everyone around you insists on calling you "ma'am" or "miss", and refuses to acknowledge the pronoun you choose?

Your driver's license says "F" and all official documents refer to you by the wrong terms?

If you've been told you're using the wrong pronoun, and insist on continuing to do so regardless, then you're doing it to be abusive and condescending. Nothing more.

if you use a word i dont like you to do so i can always choose to ignore you , its not like i have to talk to you.

If you force people to speak the way you want you because thats the right way for YOU are the abusive one here.

10+ Year Old Account
    if you use a word i dont like you to do so i can always choose to ignore you , its not like i have to talk to you.

If you force people to speak the way you want you because thats the right way for YOU are the abusive one here.
    So long as you respect someone else's right to not speak to you if you refer to them incorrectly, then all is fair. Even if you are expecting or needing something from them.

Sounds like when Sweden started using "hen". Our words for "he" and "she" is Han and Hon. So, Hen became a neutral word. And some groups, went bonkers. Didn't matter, Hen is commonly used and accepted now, and quite useful.

Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    Guess so some are dumber then others though like most new words people come up with.
    All words are "new and dumb" until they become commonly used.

10+ Year Old Account
    There is no "forcing".

If you behave like an abusive, condescending ass to others, over their gender identity, say, then everyone else is free and justified in treating you like you're an abusive, condescending ass.

That's what you're complaining about. That there are consequences for being a bad person. That others are free to respond to your poor conduct. You're free to act abusively, but everyone else is free to respond to you acting that way. If you don't like that outcome, you can stop being abusive. Or you can suck it up and accept the consequences of your decisions.
    Last edited by Endus; 2019-12-12 at 08:36 PM.

There is no "forcing".

If you behave like an abusive, condescending ass to others, over their gender identity, say, then everyone else is free and justified in treating you like you're an abusive, condescending ass.

That's what you're complaining about. That there are consequences for being a bad person. That others are free to respond to your poor conduct. You're free to act abusively, but everyone else is free to respond to you acting that way. If you don't like that outcome, you can stop being abusive. Or you can suck it up and accept the consequences of your decisions.
    if you expect me to use whatever word you want me to , because in your own mind that is right , thats enforcing no more

Abusive according to YOU i am free to talk the way i want and you are too. None forces you to talk to others and accept their ideas.You choose to relate with people and then choose to not to.

" That there are consequences for being a bad person" last time i checked i live in a democracy , so unless we live in some type of n.korea /china facist regime i got the freedom to use words my way and you can do the same .So this is the thing you belive in something and i believe in something different. You felt the need to reply to this post because you believe you are right , you can go your way but i dont have to.

- - - Updated - - -

7+ Year Old Account
    ITT, people bitching about pronouns when the real issue is half-wits who use "they" instead of "their"/"they're".

There is no "forcing".

While there certainly are those who choose to use the "wrong" pronoun out of spite, people inherently use a pronoun that reflects how that person presents themselves. If a fully feminine, natal female, demands that people start referring to them as "him" and gets "offended" when people don't, they are the problem. And while it's not really a big deal to refer to someone as "they" when they ask it of you, non-binary pronouns aren't exactly mainstream, so it's going to be awhile before people accept it en masse. Grouping everyone who doesn't use whatever pronoun people demand into some "abusive and condescending" category isn't making you sound "woke" (a retarded term), it just makes you sound like a self-righteous cunt.

If someone prefers to be called "they", and asks that they be referred to as such with the understanding that it make take whoever they're asking some time to adjust, that's fine. But make no mistake, no one has any obligation to humor anyone else's preferences, nor is anyone entitled to special treatment. Also, people demanding non-standard terms like "xim", etc, they can go fuck themselves. This isn't an "abusive" stance. This is a stance akin to you demanding that I call you "Mr. Fart Copter" when I know you as "John". I'm simply not doing that. Deal with it or go away.

10+ Year Old Account
    if you expect me to use whatever word you want me to , because in your own mind that is right , thats enforcing no more

Abusive according to YOU i am free to talk the way i want and you are too. None forces you to talk to others and accept their ideas.You choose to relate with people and then choose to not to.

" That there are consequences for being a bad person" last time i checked i live in a democracy , so unless we live in some type of n.korea /china facist regime i got the freedom to use words my way and you can do the same .So this is the thing you belive in something and i believe in something different. You felt the need to reply to this post because you believe you are right , you can go your way but i dont have to.
    Yes, you live in a free democracy.

That means you get to accept that people taking issue with your poor behaviour is part of that system. If you want their ability to speak out against you to be restrained, feel free to join the elite of some autocratic system where such conduct would be criminal.

In the free world, you being called a "transphobe" and other such names, for deliberately misgendering someone, is exactly what you get to put up with, not just now, but forever. Until you change your ways, and no longer warrant people treating you that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Mistame View Post
    While there certainly are those who choose to use the "wrong" pronoun out of spite, people inherently use a pronoun that reflects how that person presents themselves.
    To be clear, I'm talking about deliberate misgendering, not accidental.

And this isn't even a new issue. Calling men by female pronouns or names has always been seen as insulting. Calling women by male names and pronouns, the same. Misgendering has always been considered insulting, when done deliberately, it isn't something that changed in society.

Also, people demanding non-standard terms like "xim", etc, they can go fuck themselves. This isn't an "abusive" stance. This is a stance akin to you demanding that I call you "Mr. Fart Copter" when I know you as "John". I'm simply not doing that. Deal with it or go away.
    I'll take issue with that kind of thing because pronouns are meant to be a generic reference point; if you want a specific term that describes you, individually, that's what your name is for. Beyond that, masculine, feminine, and a non-gendered pronoun is all I really feel is required, linguistically. Which doesn't mean people need to feel boxed in; that non-gendered option is broadly applicable if masculine and feminine pronouns don't fit. If you need finer gradations, that's what using more words is for. I'm all for self-realization and letting people be whoever they are, my stance on this is purely about the linguistic purpose of pronouns.

Yes, you live in a free democracy.

That means you get to accept that people taking issue with your poor behaviour is part of that system. If you want their ability to speak out against you to be restrained, feel free to join the elite of some autocratic system where such conduct would be criminal.

In the free world, you being called a "transphobe" and other such names, for deliberately misgendering someone, is exactly what you get to put up with, not just now, but forever. Until you change your ways, and no longer warrant people treating you that way.

To be clear, I'm talking about deliberate misgendering, not accidental.

And this isn't even a new issue. Calling men by female pronouns or names has always been seen as insulting. Calling women by male names and pronouns, the same. Misgendering has always been considered insulting, when done deliberately, it isn't something that changed in society.

I'll take issue with that kind of thing because pronouns are meant to be a generic reference point; if you want a specific term that describes you, individually, that's what your name is for. Beyond that, masculine, feminine, and a non-gendered pronoun is all I really feel is required, linguistically. Which doesn't mean people need to feel boxed in; that non-gendered option is broadly applicable if masculine and feminine pronouns don't fit. If you need finer gradations, that's what using more words is for. I'm all for self-realization and letting people be whoever they are, my stance on this is purely about the linguistic purpose of pronouns.
    the only autocracy i can see here is you trying to enforce your own opinion in others.

and ah yes the classic ad hominem , classic tactic when you have nothing else to say it always ends there.

This is what you dont get , your using of pronouns is YOUR opinion not mine , i dont have to use those words becayse YOU think i have to.
    Calling me a transphobe because you think you are right is your own opinion in your eyes , is similar to calling you an infindel if you dont worship my religion.

I have nothing but sympathy for transgender people but every time I listen to a transgender advocate i walk away with a feeling that I'm being blackmailed by a delusional authoritarian into giving up common sense in exchange for keeping my good standing in society. I've done nothing wrong, why do i HAVE to agree with a non scientific political ideology?

10+ Year Old Account
    the only autocracy i can see here is you trying to enforce your own opinion in others.
    The only "enforcing" I'm doing is expressing freedom of speech. So you're lying.

and ah yes the classic ad hominem , classic tactic when you have nothing else to say it always ends there.
    Your complaint was that people were calling you names because you were behaving badly.

Pointing out that you were behaving badly and thus deserved it is not an "ad hominem".

I have nothing but sympathy for transgender people but every time I listen to a transgender advocate i walk away with a feeling that I'm being blackmailed by a delusional authoritarian into giving up common sense in exchange for keeping my good standing in society. I've done nothing wrong, why do i HAVE to agree with a non scientific political ideology?
    You don't. Nothing is forcing you to.

But if you choose not to, and to abuse others by refusing to respect their wishes, people are going to call you out for that. Welcome to living in a free society.

Also, gender spectra issues are based in biology. Stacking science denial on top of everything else just adds to why people call you out.

The only "enforcing" I'm doing is expressing freedom of speech. So you're lying.

Your complaint was that people were calling you names because you were behaving badly.

Pointing out that you were behaving badly and thus deserved it is not an "ad hominem".

You don't. Nothing is forcing you to.

But if you choose not to, and to abuse others by refusing to respect their wishes, people are going to call you out for that. Welcome to living in a free society.

Also, gender spectra issues are based in biology. Stacking science denial on top of everything else just adds to why people call you out.
    You expect me to believe in your own ideas so you this is enforcing plan and simple.

Againg bad behaviour in YOUR eyes.should I go out and start calling people names if we don't worship the same god and tell them it's bad behaviour if they don't.lol no

The only fact here is you feel the need to enforce the idea I have to see the world in your eyes when I don't.its democracy , I see no legal binding behind made up words you came up with to identify yourself .go do it but I wontt I'm free to do so and none has the right to punish me for it.otherwise it's pure fascism.

I want typu to provide your evidence based on science.

And btw if you say I'm not forced to do anything why do you feel the need to reply and call me s tra nsphobe in the first place .
    Last edited by niztheundead87; 2019-12-12 at 09:49 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    You expect me to believe in your own ideas so you this is enforcing plan and simple.
    1> No, it isn't. That's literally not what the word means.
    2> Not even what I'm doing. Just pointing out that freedom means everyone else has the freedom to think you're awful, if you do awful things and they notice you doing them.

I want typu to provide your evidence based on science.
    Intersex people exist.
    Biochemical differences have been observed between non-binary people.
    Brain structure variations in the transgendered.

Among plenty of others. Sex is purely biological. Gender is somewhat more complex, but largely tied to biological roots in biological sex.

And btw if you say I'm not forced to do anything why do you feel the need to reply and call me s tra nsphobe in the first place .
    1> If I had done so, that wouldn't "force" you to do anything.
    2> I literally did not do what you're claiming.