Thread: AV = Ally Win!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ickz View Post
    I'm rank 8 atm. So, yeah, good job.
    On a dead server with low caps, funny how you didn't mention your server name????

Thanks tho

And even if you weren't, i'm not that far behind the AV rankers lol

Go play the game u bum. Av rankers talking LOL

Know your place

Quote Originally Posted by Mukind View Post
    On a dead server with low caps, funny how you didn't mention your server name????

Thanks tho

And even if you weren't, i'm not that far behind the AV rankers lol

Go play the game u bum. Av rankers talking LOL

Know your place
    Kromcrush/Horde? Not dead? Ok?

10+ Year Old Account
    But Horde get like 3 times more honour than Alliance.

Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    But Horde get like 3 times more honour than Alliance.
    Ally usually kill Galv + lieutenants and gets 3-4k extra honor. Horde gets 2-3k if they lose.

Quote Originally Posted by Mukind View Post
    why are you farming honor you bum? You're not a ranker, and if you are shame on u for AV ranking lol

There are only a handful of servers you would have to do that on becasue the standing 1 team is 24/7 in AV que

The goal is to farm rep if your'e a non ranker....Which mean it's the horde that are doing it wrong
    Nope. LTs, Commanders, abd Bal all give decent Rep. (They add up to the same as the win bonus/kill leader amount.). Even on a loss, Horde are getting decent Rep... Allies aren't even killing Galv, etc, so it's evening out - only Horde are also getting loads more honor

Quote Originally Posted by Kagthul View Post
    Nope. LTs, Commanders, abd Bal all give decent Rep. (They add up to the same as the win bonus/kill leader amount.). Even on a loss, Horde are getting decent Rep... Allies aren't even killing Galv, etc, so it's evening out - only Horde are also getting loads more honor
    The amount of honor your faction gains compared to the other is completely irrelevant under the Vanilla Honor system. I don't get why people don't understand this concept yet...

Your honor gains ONLY compare to other people of YOUR faction. If everyone on Horde gains 50k honor and everyone on Alliance only gains 10 honor: Horde don't gain ANY advantage over Alliance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teffi
    You play a game for 20+ hours a week and you're "an addict".
    You sit on your fat ass eating nachos and watching men in tight pants throw a ball around for 20+ hours a week and you're "a man".
    Sometimes, I just can't even:
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx
    It's just an assertion, so it's neither logical nor illogical.

I almost assuredly understand it better than you, since I did the grind in Vanilla. The amount of Honor your gain DOES matter, as certain ranks have Honor thresholds in addition to their Rank Point thresholds.

Even if you're standing 1, if you didn't also get at least 100k Honor, you won't Rank.

And, you're acting like EVERYONE in Horde is getting the same Honor. I assure you, they are NOT. Most Ally rankers are hitting WSG as premades (out of 40 games played so far, 28 have been premades), so the fools Rushing Feel (and skipping Galv, LTs, and Commanders usually) are getting the worst or both worlds. They're missing half the Rep, and getting 1.2k Honor, where as the Aly rankers in WSG are getting 5x the Honor. So... The "Rush Drek" strat means:

Horde gets about the same Rep

Horde gets more honor (and will therefore hit intermediate ranks and get the Blue great faster, as there are lots of people NOT doing the AV thing or only capable of doing a few a day - I'm one of those due to IRL)

Ally Rankers are still getting better Honor/Hour in WSG

Get it now?

The Ally Rush strat gives them a subpar outcome all around, and they're apparently too stupid to realize it.

They aren't getting more Rep than Horde, they aren't getting better Honor... They're just getting more tokens

Ally rankers are not doing WSG

Ally just has way more high level pvpers who are pvping cuz we been prepping

AV ally premade > wsg premade > av solo que > wsg solo que for honor

- - - Updated - - -

Not decent enough to justify risking a loss

I mean if you're NA hop in WSG que. lol look for bigwillie

WSG isn't bis honor

Dont know how long dude.... been 15years and they still dont understand whats going on. Safe to say they probably never will !
    Last edited by Beuargh; 2019-12-13 at 09:16 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kranur View Post
    Horde doesn't play to win. Horde plays to maximize honor.
    Spoken like a true Saurfang.

Looking marvelous in velvet.

As usual, alliance is 1st, but from behind (both meanings).

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzhands View Post
    I'd venture to guess that most people aren't working towards GM/HWL, only a very tiny fraction of the population can put in that time and most people know it.
    Its rep farming. Winning faster is better. Honor is a side point.

- - - Updated - - -

They aren't getting more Rep than Horde, they aren't getting better Honor... They're just getting more tokens
    Which is also more rep.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzhands View Post
    I'd venture to guess that most people aren't working towards GM/HWL, only a very tiny fraction of the population can put in that time and most people know it. A lot of people are just playing the BGs and they want to win, especially given how shitty open world has seemingly been for Alliance lately (I don't play on a PVP server, I just read forums). Alliance likely get a lot more satisfaction than Horde right now, because they win, and any Horde who isn't grinding ranks has to suffer a loss just because it's better to lose because lolhonor.
    Exactly.. Sick of hearing "but more honor!".. Who the fuck cares, unless the majority of people are delusional enough to think they have a shot at the really high ranks. I'd much prefer to just win, i aint chasing ranks.

dont be kek

rush drek

15+ Year Old Account
    im actually winning alot and getting almost 4k honor per win

Forgive my ignorance since I haven't picked up classic and vanilla was a long time ago, but in vanilla/classic weren't there npcs you turned the win/lose tokens into for 250 rep each? "AV mark of honor" etc?
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

5+ Year Old Account
    What we've been doing (as Alliance) is pull all the commanders and lieutenants together at the first boss (Galvingar or w/e) then do the same with the next 3, then proceed to kill the one at the graveyard in front of the base and then kill the boss, either pulling his adds out to kill them or just have a bunch of warriors offtank them and burn the boss.

Out of over 60 games (we're all exalted) we lost maybe 3 or 4. And got ~3000 honor per game.

The only thing I wish they’d do is raise the wsg honor. I know, it’s not vanilla then but wsg is an infinitely superior pvp map than av

I’d argue wsg is wows best pvp map by far, and it’s a shame I can’t focus on that instead without handicapping my honor

As a few have stated honor really doesn't matter cross faction. You are bracketed only within your faction on your server so if allies are only getting 2k and horde is getting 4k it isn't really a net win for the horde because all it really does is inflate honor it roughly equally across the horde bracket.

The only net win for the alliance is rep gain on the fast wins. But really only as long as they are really fast. It starts to even out the longer the game drags out and the horde gets to do more things to equal it out or, if they manage to win, pull ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by Ahandii89 View Post
    Exactly.. Sick of hearing "but more honor!".. Who the fuck cares, unless the majority of people are delusional enough to think they have a shot at the really high ranks. I'd much prefer to just win, i aint chasing ranks.
    Rank 10 really aint spicy bro, You don't seem to understand the honor system very well. Its rank 12+ where it becomes a bit of a shitfest due to the Weekly Decay, its also why rank 14 is so tough, as it requires to be in bracket 1, for 3-4 weeks which on the biggest baddest servers around like Gehennas consists of ~20 ppl now that BG's are out. if ur at 55k RP and u need 60k for Rank 14, u lose 20% of the 55k uve gathered at the start of the week, so its great that u got 13k RP, but u just lost 11k RP as well, resulting in a net gain of 2k RP, for farming honor like a mad man for 16-18 hours a day for 7 days.

These issues dont really exist for stuff like rank 10, u can get rank 10 while sitting in bracket 5 ish, which is literally fuck all. Rank 10 consists a lot of BiS PvE pieces for casters for example.

But yeah, go around and call everyone else delusional u seem like a super nice guy to be around and I'm sure ur friends and family absolutely adore you.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Low Hanging Fruit View Post
    As a few have stated honor really doesn't matter cross faction. You are bracketed only within your faction on your server so if allies are only getting 2k and horde is getting 4k it isn't really a net win for the horde because all it really does is inflate honor it roughly equally across the horde bracket.

The only net win for the alliance is rep gain on the fast wins. But really only as long as they are really fast. It starts to even out the longer the game drags out and the horde gets to do more things to equal it out or, if they manage to win, pull ahead.
    Best way to farm rep is to make sure u use the hand in system. not sure why ppl think Drek Zerging is the best Rep, but its amusing when they do it, theres a reason all the horde zug zugs Cap SH. they want Turtle games so they can get rep from Hand-ins.