Poll: Clicky clicky

Page 38 of 63 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    Tories won, not labour.
    Hmm...you sure?

The Jews invaded. They fought them on the beaches and they never surrendered.
    Banned from Twitter by Elon, so now I'm your problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brexitexit View Post
    I am the total opposite of a cuck.

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    Hey, as people here have told me, I have no right to an opinion about domestic UK matters, because apparently that is way too complicated for our tiny continental brains. Do with it what you want, I'm gonna grab me some popcorn and enjoy the daily car blowup in London, our next new exciting reality TV show... I have zero pity for the British at this point. This election shows, they actually want it. Why even bother with a second referendum. Just GTFO the EU and start beating each other up so we can be entertained for the money it's going to cost us.
    no no i don't mean the spirit of it.

i mean the wording of it. "a resolution to the Irish question"

10+ Year Old Account
    The elites invaded. They fought them on the beaches and they never surrendered.
    this sounds really fucking antisemitic to me

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    Again, the manifesto wasn't radical.

Your position isn't supported by how badly the Lib Dems did.
    Corbyn himself called it radical, that's why I put the word in quotes. And a more moderate Labour isn't the same thing as the Lib Dems.

Quote Originally Posted by Zelk View Post
    this sounds really fucking antisemetic to me
    That's because it is.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Monster Hunter View Post

- - - Updated - - -

you dont have it in the USA

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/One-nation_conservatism

its kinda left ish wing conservationism, or like philanthropy as a political philosophy.
    We do, but not in the same total way conservatism is in the UK. In some ways it is I guess, since they seem to be the party which wants to leave the EU and be more independent. But thanks for answering my post. Appreciate it. I was looking for a productive answer and you gave it.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    Gotcha.

Boy I bet the fellas weren't foreseeing this end when they were drafting the Atlantic Charter, huh? Lol.
    They certainly didn't. We're still living the end of the British Empire. After the handover of Hong Kong, they tried to build a new role in the world as America's wingman. They got burned in the Iraq War (which they really went over the deep end with in lamenting as a mistake). And ever since then it's been cuts and rollback of it's global role and domestic political goals. Cut everything, defend the NHS. Financial crisis pushed it further, and now we're seeing the final bit of the original British Empire finally contract.

Brexit, in retrospect, is inevitable. The United Kingdom never decided what it wanted to be.

10+ Year Old Account
    Who knew sticking with a proven loser who couldn't beat Theresa May and the fields of wheat would turn out to be an absolute fucking disaster?

Oh wait, most of us, but well done the far left who were too stubborn and in love with their idealogical purity bullshit to do the right thing and step aside.

You have handed the Tories five years with a huge majority. Well fucking done.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

Quote Originally Posted by Monster Hunter View Post
    no no i don't mean the spirit of it.

i mean the wording of it. "a resolution to the Irish question"
    No idea what you mean.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    Who knew sticking with a proven loser who couldn't beat Theresa May and the fields of wheat would turn out to be an absolute fucking disaster?

Oh wait, most of us, but well done the far left who were too stubborn and in love with their idealogical purity bullshit to do the right thing and step aside.

I wonder if Corbyn will actually step down now.
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

No idea what you mean.
    the last time some ones said they had a resolution to a question on a people's they wern't a very nice man.

i mostly saying it because a labour support was shouting things to the effect at some jews on a video i watched earlier tonight.

No idea what you mean.
    "_____ Question" is terminology that is generally frowned upon in politics for historical reasons.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post
    Probably won't understand to do it himself so the party needs to throw him out. The worst Labour result in nearly a century, that's an achievement by itself. :S
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Did Labour lose their majority in the first place under centrists?

Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post
    he has to, if the exit poll is right and the experts think its looking that way, and with labour down in both remain and leave areas in vote share. so they cant say it was "just about brexit", nope theres no chance, if he dosn't step down your heading into party split territory which would be the death of the labour party just as it killed the liberal party as the main opposition in 1922.

theres already labour MP's calling for corbyn's resignation on twitter.

The assumption being that a 'centrist' or 'Blairite' candidate would have been better? Forgetting of course that it was that wing of the party who moved Labour away from it's traditional positions and initiated the divide between Labour and it's traditional base?

Labour are fucked. They have no base and no sensible way to build one any time soon. Whichever way they move they'll lose more than they gain. Coupled with the Tory's plans to gerrymander constituency borders they are not winning any elections anytime soon.

The biggest loser in this election however is not Labour, it's environmentalism. There was lots of noise made about it during the campaign, ongoing climate strikes have pushed the issues further up the agenda all year and the British people have proved that frankly they don't give a shit. At this point climate change isn't a problem of IF, it's barely a problem of WHEN now, it's a problem of HOW BAD.

Quote Originally Posted by Zython View Post
    So what exactly is radical about that?
    It was a massive spending commitment. Labour suffered for years from the perception of poor economic competence, and then they come out with a manifesto like that. People didn't think it was credible. It was too much change too soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Zython View Post
    Did Labour lose their majority in the first place under centrists?
    they lost it because of the financial crisis, and the right wings big push on blaming immigrants and also over the iraq war.

and they only just lost there majority, the cons had to make a coalition with the lib dems.

191 seats is a labour massacre of which there is no excuse or other way to take it. its not even in the same league as the slim losses they had under the center left.

Reports are Blair's old constituency is going blue.

Quote Originally Posted by Zelk View Post
    this sounds really fucking antisemitic to me
    It's not. If you understood things you wouldn't be the one losing elections.