Been playing Final Fantasy XIV last 3 weeks or so. Just finished ARR and the accompanying hundred quests or whatever it is. Solid high quality MMO experience, fulfilling ending to the original core game and a nice twist at the end.

Giving it a 8/10.

monster hunter: world

my rating: 9/10 before I bought it I never thought it has this much depth and amazing gameplay. the game introduce you to almost everything and explains them fully to you. its controls are slightly confusing at first but then you get used to it. the systems they implemented are amazing and work perfectly.

some weapons are lackluster (they are great, but need some more love to get on par with other awesome weapons ) compared to others that are awesome to play with, but maybe its my opinion.
    the game has a lot of items and materials in it, some are hard to come by, but you never feel its frustrated and confused, because there is always a way for what you want to get.

the way you can play it anyway you like by letting you to do solo or group of up to 4 players is really good.

my only problem is it wont let you play the stories with your friends when its your first time doing the quest.
    Last edited by LuminaL; 2019-12-13 at 01:40 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LuminaL View Post
    monster hunter: world

my rating: 9/10 before I bought it I never thought it has this much depth and amazing gameplay. the game introduce you to almost everything and explains them fully to you. its controls are slightly confusing at first but then you get used to it. the systems they implemented are amazing and work perfectly.

some weapons are lackluster (they are great, but need some more love to get on par with other awesome weapons ) compared to others that are awesome to play with, but maybe its my opinion.
    the game has a lot of items and materials in it, some are hard to come by, but you never feel its frustrated and confused, because there is always a way for what you want to get.

the way you can play it anyway you like by letting you to do solo or group of up to 4 players is really good.

my only problem is it wont let you play the stories with your friends when its your first time doing the quest.
    Yeah, the way you do the story mode with friends is kinda dumb.
    You have 2 choices. Either:
    Start it, get to the cutscene, fire SOS flare
    or, the same, but leave after cutscene and start again with your group.

King of Fighters XIV

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Temp name View Post
    Started on God of War, so far it's a 5/10, but I'm only like 2 hours in, so I'm expecting it to get better. It shows promise but hasn't had time to build on it yet.
    Finished up with the valkyries and realm tears, think I'm gonna stop here for now. Overall, pretty good. 9/10 I think

Kingdom Hearts 3. I've played almost every KH game and I still have no idea what the fuck is going on. But the gameplay was ok.

7/10

Red Dead Redemption II - 10/10

I was starting to feel a tad bitter towards the fact that Rockstar haven't released any content for Story Mode on consoles, and then suddenly I had access to new horses and weapons and missions and stuff. Nice little Christmas gift!

Now I hope they'll start adding DLC for Story mode, properly so. I'd gladly pay for new content every 4 months or so, within reason.

10+ Year Old Account
    Horizon Zero Dawn: 9/10

Despite its shortcomings, such as boring side content or lack of side character depth or Far Cry/Assassin's Creed map objectives, this is an astonishing game through and through. It's hard for a mustard race guy like me who bought a ps4 recently and discover I suck mega ass aiming with a controller, but after a few hours I got really good at it I could shoot a mosquito off a mosquito a mile away. And trust me, you are gonna need good aiming on higher difficulties to make your life easier. So it's gonna suck if you're new to controller aiming at the beginning of the game.

The main story is extremely well written, the setting and plot are really fucking cool and there are many twists that keep it at the top of the sci fi videogame totem pole. However, I kinda disliked the fact that the protagonist could do no wrong, she just feels inhuman and I had a hard time caring about her struggle because it wasn't believable. Most side characters that aren't related to the main plot feel useless and empty. The world doesn't reward you with big upgrades if you do side missions, everything great is main story locked. Also the ending is kinda abrupt and not really as good as it could have been.

There's a decent enemy variety and each one has a weak spot that makes the entire fight trivial if you can get a few good shots off. The enemies look really cool and resemble Earthly animals. There's the matter of pulling too many and having a bad time, especially those with long range shooting lasers will just make you wanna run the fuck away. Each enemy can be countered with a specific ammo type and weapon. Some weapons feel useless, even on the hardest difficulty, you are basically better off only using the hard point arrows with blast and ice slingshots. Fighting machines is always a blast though, let me emphasise on that. There's nothing greater than taking a big ass bird machine with a well placed shot on its wing or using its own arsenal against it because you just shot it off.

Human enemies on the other hand are boring, it's the equivalent of playing Far Cry with just bow and arrow. There's nothing wrong with it, but it just doesn't compete with robots who have weaknesses, counters and decent depth in fighting them.

The upgrade system is serviceable, unfortunately the only source of getting them is fighting bigger and bigger enemies. The skills system is OK, most of the stuff you learn can be useful. Oh and farm for all the carry upgrades early on to save you bag space grief later.

The world looks really great, there's enough scenery variety from all ecosystems in the world, it just feels kinda jarring how snowy fields can be so close to a jungle. Not complaining though, I'm glad they went with this choice.

The DLC is a must play and a much bigger and interesting challenge than the main game. The bundle is really cheap usually and you should get both, because for 15 eurodollars you get one of ps4's greatest games with some of its greatest gameplay and at least 30 hours of content just for the main story.
    Last edited by hellhamster; 2019-12-22 at 08:59 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Finishing up Marvel's Spiderman for the PS4..

The Taskmaster stuff is my least favourite part. I only liked doing the bomb ones. The stealth ones are okay, the drone ones are annoying, and the combat ones are just bad.

Story is good, and general combat is acceptable. Unlocking new suits basically every mission is nice.
    Movement feels great, and is easily the highlight of the game.
    The stealth sections where you play as MJ or Miles are.. Okay.

Overall, 7/10. Still worth getting, just maybe don't be a perfectionist for Taskmaster's challenges.
    Edit: The most fun I've had is in poorly describing the game to my boyfriend, but that's not really a strength of the game itself
    Last edited by Temp name; 2019-12-22 at 05:02 PM.

Star Wars: Empire at war - Republic at war total conversion mod.

This game is 13 years old at this but it still has some of the best space combat of any rts I've played, the ground combat is bog standard janky 2000's rts gameplay, which is pretty boring and tame in comparison to the space combat, thankfully it has an auto resolve feature which when you get to the point where you can train high level troops and heroes is a surefire way to auto resolve ground battles with minimal casualties takes care of the biggest drawback of the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tales of Berseria - 8/10

Despite my avatar, and being a big fan of JRPG's, I have a hard time getting into any lately. This includes the Tales series, where I've tried Symphonia and Xilia. Something about this game gripped me immediately. The combat is...eh. I do prefer a more turn-based system, and in Berseria combat can get so crazy you might not even be sure what's going on. Plus boss fights are stupidly hard. Not because of their mechanics, but because they block like 99% of the time, not allowing you to get any kind of combos going. As far as the world itself, there isn't a whole lot of exploration. You'll be backtracking to a lot of places in order to complete side quests, which unfortunately, most don't unlock until you're at the end of the game. So if you're looking for an amazing gameplay experience, then you're gonna find better elsewhere.

But all that doesn't matter when the story and characters are just incredible. That's what had me going right off the bat. Seeing Velvet turn into an anti-hero. Having a strong female protagonist is rare enough, but you are also technically playing the part of the villain, so there is a lot to go through. Velvet steals the show early on, while Magilou picks it up later. And by the end I was in love with every character. But the thing about all the side quests being lumped in to the end? It works out a bit because the story is so important, and because all the story arcs wrap up and needed their time to focus. Also, like FFX or the Grandia series, I'm a sucker for a game where the idea is to thwart am immoral religion. All that said, while the journey is fantastic, the destination...could have been better. Because of the story itself, the ending wasn't going to be 100% sunshine and roses. But I felt it could have been a lot better, and with more in it. I also understand that Tales of Zestiria takes place in the same universe, though much later. It'll be interesting to see how that works out when I play it.
    Last edited by Pendulous; 2019-12-25 at 08:50 AM.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    Red Dead Redemption II - 10/10

I was starting to feel a tad bitter towards the fact that Rockstar haven't released any content for Story Mode on consoles, and then suddenly I had access to new horses and weapons and missions and stuff. Nice little Christmas gift!

Now I hope they'll start adding DLC for Story mode, properly so. I'd gladly pay for new content every 4 months or so, within reason.
    My son played it on his Xbox and he told me a couple months ago when he was home for a few days, it was the best game he had ever played. So I got it on PC when it was available on steam. It is a awesome game in so many ways. I rate it 9/10. My only complaint is, the control scheme using the keyboard and mouse sucks. And I do not like console controllers, so that is not a option. I played Witcher 3 and had no major issues using the keyboard and mouse in it. But the game is still playable and I am having a blast playing it. Even with that one issue.

I am talking about the story single player mode. Online has a lot of issues and is not near as fun to play. I guess if you are big into PVP and grieving other players with some friends then you would like it. The defensive mode you can select for it, helps some with other players killing your char and the grieving ( can not be lassoed, aimed shot, etc. ) but they can still harass/kill your char. and the quest givers.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    My son played it on his Xbox and he told me a couple months ago when he was home for a few days, it was the best game he had ever played. So I got it on PC when it was available on steam. It is a awesome game in so many ways. I rate it 9/10. My only complaint is, the control scheme using the keyboard and mouse sucks. And I do not like console controllers, so that is not a option. I played Witcher 3 and had no major issues using the keyboard and mouse in it. But the game is still playable and I am having a blast playing it. Even with that one issue.

I am talking about the story single player mode. Online has a lot of issues and is not near as fun to play. I guess if you are big into PVP and grieving other players with some friends then you would like it. The defensive mode you can select for it, helps some with other players killing your char and the grieving ( can not be lassoed, aimed shot, etc. ) but they can still harass/kill your char. and the quest givers.
    Glad you and your son got to enjoy the game, I'm sharing the same experience with my dad, he's coming by to play RDR2 and although he tends to accidentally punch horses rather than soothe them, he's having a blast.

Don't even get me started on Online... It is indeed a cesspool. The immersion it could provide is constantly killed by having other players riding around like idiots, shooting at you/your horse/anything you're interacting with. Defensive mode has enabled more people to dare play, but even as someone rarely having issues with attackers (griefers tend to be bad, often young, cowardly players and thus easily owned) I can't just relax and enjoy the game in Online. It's so much worse than traditional MMORPGs...

That's why it's good that they're finally starting to add new things to Story Mode. Hoping they'll continue adding things, either as DLC or for free like with Console players getting access to the previous PC-exclusive items in Story (horses, weapons etc).

10+ Year Old Account
    Decided to replay Dragon Age Inquisition with all the DLCs and it's amazing 9/10. It was already big, but with DLCs slapped on top of it... shiet, the thing is huge.

You can beeline to the end through campaign and then probably be done in like 20 hours, but if you want to complete all the stories and DLC content it's a good 80 hours plus right there.

They also added "trials" with last DLC where you can jack up game difficulty beyond hardest setting by making all enemies in the world match your level and add elite affixes to single enemy in every pack, I'm currently going through Descent DLC and sometime after the darkspawn you start going against these guys that can nuke you down in like 3 seconds if you don't bring your A game, pretty thrilling.

So yeah highly recommended there, it's on sale often and a huge value.

It's just shocking that this studio that made such masterpiece as DA:I and Dragon Age franchise as a whole also ended up making fucking Anthem... Just what the hell happened to you Bioware?

Warhammer Total War 2 (Christmas promotion -70% price) I liked the Warhammer Total War (first part) more, because the playable races interested me (mainly vampires) - in the second part, I start playing with high elves (which I think are the most boring of the faction), or Skavens or Lizardmen ... That's not for me

Finally had time to play the Assasin's Creed Odyssey DLCs (finished the original game after release). The story is average, but the gameplay is still very good and Atlantis / Elysium is gorgeous. 204 hours (!) played to complete everything. Money well spent. 9/10

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    Glad you and your son got to enjoy the game, I'm sharing the same experience with my dad, he's coming by to play RDR2 and although he tends to accidentally punch horses rather than soothe them, he's having a blast.

Don't even get me started on Online... It is indeed a cesspool. The immersion it could provide is constantly killed by having other players riding around like idiots, shooting at you/your horse/anything you're interacting with. Defensive mode has enabled more people to dare play, but even as someone rarely having issues with attackers (griefers tend to be bad, often young, cowardly players and thus easily owned) I can't just relax and enjoy the game in Online. It's so much worse than traditional MMORPGs...

That's why it's good that they're finally starting to add new things to Story Mode. Hoping they'll continue adding things, either as DLC or for free like with Console players getting access to the previous PC-exclusive items in Story (horses, weapons etc).
    Lol! I did that for a while when I first started playing it. And several other mistakes. I still do not get however, how a npc can pull their gun on you and you shoot him in self defense, you are reported and investigated for murder. I have over a hundred hours now into the game. Not having any crashes and such as reported by others. No rush to finish the story ether. The amount of detail they have put into the game is amazing.

Yeah, too bad about the online. The best part of it now is creating your own char. with the customization. I think they would get a lot more players playing online, if they had a "no pvp" option. Maybe they do not want to invest that much time with the online.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Decided to replay Dragon Age Inquisition with all the DLCs and it's amazing 9/10. It was already big, but with DLCs slapped on top of it... shiet, the thing is huge.

You can beeline to the end through campaign and then probably be done in like 20 hours, but if you want to complete all the stories and DLC content it's a good 80 hours plus right there.

They also added "trials" with last DLC where you can jack up game difficulty beyond hardest setting by making all enemies in the world match your level and add elite affixes to single enemy in every pack, I'm currently going through Descent DLC and sometime after the darkspawn you start going against these guys that can nuke you down in like 3 seconds if you don't bring your A game, pretty thrilling.

So yeah highly recommended there, it's on sale often and a huge value.

It's just shocking that this studio that made such masterpiece as DA:I and Dragon Age franchise as a whole also ended up making fucking Anthem... Just what the hell happened to you Bioware?
    I would like to play it. But not available on Steam. And I know some players hate Steam and have had issues with it. But I haven't. I play Elder Schools Online thru Steam and not experienced the issues with logons like others. And same with RDR2. I like Steam for games because I can uninstall a game and not have it on my computer, yet have it still later to play when I want to. Also, Steam is a way for me to play some games for free, since I get birthday and Christmas Steam gift cards. For my birthday, my son gave me enough to get RDR2.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

Persona 5: (10/10)...amazingly fun JRPG been a while since I actually played a new one to completion...and then want to immediately replay it afterwards...story kept me hooked, all the little mini stories and sidequests and characters...honestly unless you aren't a fan of JRPGS..or anime I would give it a shot at least

I've been playing through the 3 dragon age games.

DA:O 9/10
    Great game. Aged pretty decently too. I think this might have been quite an original game that spawned many clones.
    DA2 4/10
    Filler game, clearly made for consoles and mass consumption by a greedy company. Very glossy on the outside but empty inside. Great voice acting though and decent story, as all of these games have.
    DA:I 8/10
    Another great game. It feels like a more modern and worthy successor of DA:O.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    I would like to play it. But not available on Steam. And I know some players hate Steam and have had issues with it. But I haven't. I play Elder Schools Online thru Steam and not experienced the issues with logons like others. And same with RDR2. I like Steam for games because I can uninstall a game and not have it on my computer, yet have it still later to play when I want to. Also, Steam is a way for me to play some games for free, since I get birthday and Christmas Steam gift cards. For my birthday, my son gave me enough to get RDR2.
    EA wants to add their subscription service to Steam, so we'll probably see all games from it in the store.
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Looking for Raid.
    They never found one though