Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deferionus View Post
    Was added in BC or Wrath I believe. With how the honor works it reinforces this type of behavior. Most likely the OP wasn't AFK and premades are abusing the system.

Honestly, the honor system will always have serious drawbacks. This is why arena was so well received in BC. It was no longer about time spent but about skill. Every single person I know that got field marshal or higher was unemployed and character shared. It was impossible to get by yourself unless you have a sleeping disorder and can only get by on like four hours of sleep. And aforementioned people were in the premade that controlled the r14 title for over six months on my server.

If you make a serious attempt at rank 14, you will ruin your life.
    After two scheduled weeks off I took another two unscheduled weeks off, that was enough for me to push through to Field Marshal with my night elf priest. Grand Marshal on the other hand was too much for me.

Quote Originally Posted by ryjkur View Post
    I wasn't AFK, I went to our base at start to turn in quests. I didn't manage to get into combat in time. Later today I got insta kicked instead of getting 5 min debuff while running to Galv.
    No. You were afk. Stop lying.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    i believe him. Ive seen it happen with my own eyes.

Raids queing with an addon. most get into same, then they just report ppl as afk until they get the rest of their raid into that specific av battle.

And its not just that ppl get the idle debuff when being reported, they instantly dissapear 10sec after the game started.

Russians have been doing this on retail for 10years, blizz doesnt seem to care.
    None of us really changes over time. We only become more fully what we are.

Classic community is far worse than retail, why is anybody surprised by this?

Quote Originally Posted by Nathanyel View Post
    "It's a thing shitty players do. Let's blame Blizzard for that."
    They released a product that in the end is played in certain ways. Blizzard can change and adapt how BGS are played. If Blizzard lets say... nerfed honor gained from the rush, giving lots of honor for capping towers etc. What would happen then? WHat if they put in more guards?

Thats how gaming work. A game can be made and the creators might want it to be played in one way, but it turns out the players finds another "better" way.

and you cant really force someone to play your game in a certain way by saying "Hey play the game like this", when there ARE other options of how to play.

Its up to Blizzard how the game works, not us. We get to enjoy and explore the game. THEY tell us whats possible and not within the parametere of the game.

What playstyle you prefer is really irrelevant, cause you can play the game just fine as someone who has a differnt playstyle.

Most of this will soon enough fade away anyway. The really tryhards and cutting edge classic players will be finished with AV these days.
    Last edited by crusadernero; 2019-12-13 at 07:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    So basically this is how it goes:

1. You do a group of 10-15 players who all sit next to the AV master.
    2. You do a 5 second pull timer, everyone queues to first available AV when pull timer reaches 0.
    3. When queue pops everyone writes their instance number in raid chat Ie: "35" "124" "57" etc.
    4. When there is sufficient amount of people with the same instance number, people enter the instance.
    5. When inside AV, raid group looks trough the rest of the people inside AV, and decides who to kick.. It can be because low level, bad gear or hated guild or bad reputation or just because you want room for your friends.
    6. Whole raid reports the people who you agreed upon.
    7. Targeted players receive enough kick votes to be removed from the group due to whole raid reporting.
    8. The instance you are in now has more space, for those few who did not get the same instance number in the initial queue your raid group did.

I don't in any way condone what is being done, and I have never reported people who haven't actually been AFK. I think how groups do it is just extremely egoistical and on long term hinders the longevity of the game, and increases the queue times to battlegrounds once the initial rush is done.

Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    Because this is the meta that streamers and tryhards do. Rush drek or get out. Dont follow the meta, you get removed and replaced.

In the end though we gotta blame Blizzard for this shame of a AV version. It sucks monkeyballs.

Maybe the tryhards will slow down once they have maxed out rep.
    TBQH, having any other version of AV wouldn't solve shit, if they made towers and bunkers mandatory to kill a boss, the new meta would be to nuke those and then zerg a boss, instead of 5-10 mins it'd take 10-20 mins. That's what often happens in 1.5 AV (the korrak's revenge anniversary event) in retail, some people just want to play as efficiently as possible. Ofc long AVs happen in retail, but those happen in classic as well, even in r/classicwow there's posts about 45-90 mins long AVs, although people often get ridiculed for "wasting their time and having fun" :V
    Last edited by ls-; 2019-12-13 at 10:57 AM.

3+ Year Old Account
    I love Classic, but the community is toxic AF. Just go check /r Classicwow on Reddit and you will see Classic community is way worse than Retail's. And this is coming from a BfA hater, Classic/TBC/WotLK diehard fan.

Because this is the meta that streamers and tryhards do. Rush drek or get out. Dont follow the meta, you get removed and replaced.

In the end though we gotta blame Blizzard for this shame of a AV version. It sucks monkeyballs.

Maybe the tryhards will slow down once they have maxed out rep.
    Blame Blizzard for no changes :> blame blizzard for changes... blame blizzard for anything! How handy that is!

But why did I get kicked even if I follow their premade?

Let me answer to you: because they wanted more room to their friends who didn't make it to the BG.
    Blame Blizzard for not allowing people to queue as a group for AV.

Quote Originally Posted by Nak88 View Post
    I love Classic, but the community is toxic AF. Just go check /r Classicwow on Reddit and you will see Classic community is way worse than Retail's. And this is coming from a BfA hater, Classic/TBC/WotLK diehard fan.
    Was that not to be expected though?
    I believe that part of the toxicity comes with the knowledge available for the game.
    When it was new, no one knew a lot about it. You wanted to complete some av quests? Many also wanted to, because they didn't knew what they will lead to.
    Same goes for dungeons/raids. People had no idea what wss in an instance and did not what they can get, aside from some tips from other players. Players were just running things in hopes to get something better.

What you have now is detailed info about literally everything, lists of bis, lists of what "to avoid". Obviously people are toxic because there is no exploration left for it. You have the info and you are expected to know it and play by it.

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    So i vividly remember the numerous threads about topics like "classic is about the journey, not the destination" and how the "retail mentality" of rush rush rush gogogo would not be welcomed by the "classic community" and those players would be shunned and forced to leave servers because they did not fit in.

All i have seen since launch is excuse, excuse, excuse. Pushing blame onto anyone but "the community" - its always Blizzards fault, PS players fault, Streamers fault, or my personal favorite, "retailers". The real irony here is that those players ARE the classic community - and they are behaving exactly how i expected them to.
    Hahahaha nail on the head right here.

Yeah I was hoping for good community but instead getting kicked from AV by premades. First I got 5 min AFK debuff while on base turning quesets in and later today got INSTA KICKED while following premade. Instead of 5 min debuff I got insta kicked.

yeah very healthy community we have right now, getting kicked out of BG because you are not part of premade is fun
    Are people abusing the report system? I just found this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dskr19_KSzQ

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nak88 View Post
    The bigger the community, the more toxicity, so no wonder Classic is more toxic than Retail.. Vanilla was toxic as fuck too.
    Last edited by Daymanmb; 2019-12-13 at 12:33 PM.

They released a product [...]
    Yes. 15 years ago. Classic is, almost entirely, a recreation of WoW 1.12. They tried back then to address issues that existed in earlier versions, and have since iterated upon them, but those changes don't belong in Classic. And like @ls- said, some kind of "meta", an "optimal" way would emerge even in earlier versions that you or others perceived as "better".
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

Quote Originally Posted by Triggered Fridgekin View Post
    The issue is that even if you're a part of the group you're still able to be removed in order to make room for someone else when you hit a premade of as little as five players because of that honor efficiency. You're not given the benefit of a doubt like Retail where it gives you a timer to do something to show you're not AFK either. You get five reports and you're gone.
    Is this not how it was in Vanilla? If it is then it's "Working as Intended". #NOCHANGES

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    Wasn't it a thing that "real WoW fans" hated in retail? What happened to "enjoy the journey" part?
    You enjoy the journey, but the phrase "Work Smarter not Harder" comes to mind with most things in this game. If there is an avenue to make something more enjoyable for less time investment I see it as a perfect scenario.

Yeah I was hoping for good community but instead getting kicked from AV by premades. First I got 5 min AFK debuff while on base turning quesets in and later today got INSTA KICKED while following premade. Instead of 5 min debuff I got insta kicked.

yeah very healthy community we have right now, getting kicked out of BG because you are not part of premade is fun
    People want to win the fight, not watch you quest. Has nothing to do with Classic or Retail communities...

are you serious ? The WoW Community is a cancerous bunch of Cunts. Why the fuck should anything be different just because we are back at the Start of the Game ?

They should require the vote to kick in a any BG to be half the players in the BG, that would make it more fair and a very easy fix that would avoid a ton greifing and abuse of the system.

Quote Originally Posted by Beerbill Society View Post
    Unfortunately, since everyone wants the rank 14 they will abuse the souless shit of this AV, if you are not capable of helping the zerg you are dead weight in their mentality and that's a problem.
    Funniest thing about R14 is that if everyone chilled out a bit everyone would have to grind less. But of course if solo players can get mad honor by chaining AV, R14 groups have to get mad honor+1 to stay ahead and start kicking people.

Quote Originally Posted by Triggered Fridgekin View Post
    The more nefarious reason for this other than maximizing honor for those who are gunning for R14 will be bracket fixing thanks to Honor Spy. Someone pushing against you for a bracket? Get four more people to kick them.
    How would you ever run into them in cross-realm BGs though?