Poll: Who is the best WoW hero of the decade?

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Best WoW Hero of the Decade

Inspired by @MrLachyG and with 2020 just around the corner, I thought we’d see who the greatest hero of the decade in WoW was.

10+ Year Old Account
    varian wrynn

10+ Year Old Account
    Varian has been the most prominent hero this decade. I'll go with him, with Khadgar coming a close second.

I would have voted Jaina but we had to endure emo Jaina for most of the earlier half of the decade. BfA pretty much saved her character for me.

Tiron would have been a vote for the last decade, his story from vanilla - WotLK was great, he hasnt really done much this decade outside of die

Magni. Not on the list cuz this list kinda sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    "Knowledge is power but using it wisely is the key."

Lolgar is the closest you can get.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    Varian has been the most prominent hero this decade. I'll go with him, with Khadgar coming a close second.

I would have voted Jaina but we had to endure emo Jaina for most of the earlier half of the decade. BfA pretty much saved her character for me.

Tiron would have been a vote for the last decade, his story from vanilla - WotLK was great, he hasnt really done much this decade outside of die
    Agreed. I was just having fun and being a smartass when I added Tirion, he definitely was hero of the decade in the previous one (2004-2010.)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    That's why there's an Other option. I'm not going to lie, Magni didn't even cross my mind. Rhonin actually did for what he did at Theramore, but I ultimately left him out in favor of Khadgar. Not to undermine Magni's actions in BfA, but before that he spent most of the decade as a diamond.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'll vote for Velen.

- Prepared a space ship to take the fight to the Legion Homeworld;
    - Went after Kil'jaeden in that yatch, so that Azeroth didn't need to face a fourth invasion of the Burning Legion;
    - Had the empathy to give his brother one last blessed touch before he died in Argus' orbit;
    - Didn't outright smite Illidan for opening the big-ass portal that allowed Sargeras to come to Azeroth;
    - Understood that blindly following the Naaru's will has it's drawbacks;
    - Has a Shackle spell stronger than plot armor.

Dude was badass in Legion.

Herald of the Titans Amaterasu65's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Varian best character, the Alliance needs him back.

Varian is the only character that stood out to me.

Also, I guess Wrathion isn't really a hero anymore?

Pandaren Monk
    5+ Year Old Account
    I think the correct answer here is the player character.

Most of the major NPC's/lore characters came along at key moments and supported us or flat-out saved our lives along the way (especially Tirion and Thrall), but most of the major threats to the world would still be around if not for the player characters.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uh... me.

I was there in every campaign and defeated every single villain there was with little help or no help at all of the others "Warcraft Heroes" in the list.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Varian is the only character that stood out to me.

Also, I guess Wrathion isn't really a hero anymore?
    Wrathion hasn't done anything heroic in my eyes, and went missing for a long period. At this point, I'd have put Ebonhorn in the poll over him.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    Wrathion hasn't done anything heroic in my eyes, and went missing for a long period. At this point, I'd have put Ebonhorn in the poll over him.
    Fair enough. He was kinda a douchebag in MoP anyway.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    haha awesome poll! and yeah despite me being a Hordey for life, had to go with Varian. the dude went out like a fucking boss! hopefully we see more of him in Shadowlands

How dare you not vote for Dadgar!

Wow has existed continuously for more than one decade, but less than two. I think all the "this decade" threads are pretty pointless and arbitrary.

Easily Varian. Greatest warrior of Azeroth and best leader in Warcraft.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

Me, the Champion, obviously. Those other "heroes" are all frauds, always stealing my spotlight when I am doing all the work!

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Varian no contest.

Varian obviously.

Sleep forever
    In quiet serenity
    We bid you
    Farewell
    Father of our people
    Justice for our people
    Safe journey
    By the light